Comments

• Options
    theozzman1theozzman1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guessing us non americans are going to be shafted with less time
  • Options
    chronoss2012chronoss2012 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    downloading now at max speed ....interesting this is a smart move , and i applaud it , ya know us humans we like do strange stuff and thus its good to get a bigger sample going...

looking forward to seeing how the new ships "stack" up.
    and im canadian and as soon as its done ill try and what do you mean buy less time ?
  • Options
    chronoss2012chronoss2012 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    malkarris wrote: »
    It would be so very very cool (or hot rather) if we could get a Tholian Boff as a reward. Or maybe as a non-combat pet, full enviroment suit walking after you everywhere. Except on deamon worlds of course.

well i see logic as a problem how do you put a creature on your bridge that requires temperatures like a tholian likes
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    odd... i read up a few people getting the download but i havent seen any signs of it from the launcher yet.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    odd... i read up a few people getting the download but i havent seen any signs of it from the launcher yet.
    Those people are probably downloading the patch from the 8th - or even earlier depending on the last time they patched Tribble.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Those people are probably downloading the patch from the 8th - or even earlier depending on the last time they patched Tribble.

that would make sense as there is nothing new on the tribble releases.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    that would make sense as there is nothing new on the tribble releases.
    Plus there were a lot of people who were given a Closed Beta invite but never knew it because they turned of their PWE/Cryptic email notification under My Account - and so they never received the email but could have been testing all along. Brandon talked about this back when Closed Beta started - that you should try and login even if you didn't receive the email.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Plus there were a lot of people who were given a Closed Beta invite but never knew it because they turned of their PWE/Cryptic email notification under My Account - and so they never received the email but could have been testing all along. Brandon talked about this back when Closed Beta started - that you should try and login even if you didn't receive the email.

i tried it earlier on in the day and a few minutes before that exchange of words, no sign of getting the romulan adventure unlocked, nor the kdf.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    i tried it earlier on in the day and a few minutes before that exchange of words, no sign of getting the romulan adventure unlocked, nor the kdf.
    Yeah, same with me. I've tried every day since the 18th, just in case they were slowly adding people. But I did get to test the Fed-side changes, Warp Cores, new UI, etc. :)
  • Options
    johnathan180johnathan180 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So i want to know why is it that i cant do the rom person yet if this is to be an open beta test?
  • Options
    dllmmodllmmo Member Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's NOT patched yet.
    Please, read the information provided for the Open Beta testing.
  • Options
    osena109osena109 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    its 1 pm my time so its 10 am pdt time correct?
  • Options
    captainobvious09captainobvious09 Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When is it getting patched? They conveniently left that part out, c'mon guys really???
    Guessing us non americans are going to be shafted with less time

Nope, I think Perfect World is an Asian company, so they usually try to shaft the American players.
  • Options
    wildthyme467989wildthyme467989 Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    osena109 wrote: »

I'm assuming you mean the Tribble testing? There's no set time for Tribble patches, it could be any time, I'm in the UK, it's 6pm, fully expecting it to be tomorrow before I play, although anything could happen, but don't get your hopes up
  • Options
    joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When is it getting patched? They conveniently left that part out, c'mon guys really???

In this case, you'll get the two usual Blizzard answers: "Soon" and "When it's ready".
    TW1sr57.jpg
    "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
  • Options
    fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    osena109 wrote: »

Yea according to that maintenance patching should be going on .. now. Hasnt hit for me yet either
  • Options
    wildthyme467989wildthyme467989 Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yea according to that maintenance patching should be going on .. now. Hasnt hit for me yet either

What maintenance, there is no maintenance, or have I missed something, I've checked the Dev Tracker?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I wish to point out, as I did for another fellow, that the 10am time you saw was the time on Monday that the test weekend ENDS. It didn't specifically say when the test would start. (Unless somewhere in the deluge of comments below the article, BranFlakes or someone said so.)
    TW1sr57.jpg

• Options
    blondie987blondie987 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    its 10 am still unable to accees romulan or create one. anyone know what's up?
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They don't post MAINTENANCE WARNINGS for TRIBBLE.

Just watch for the Patch Notes in the TRIBBLE - ANNOUNCEMENTS & RELEASE NOTES section.

Usually, either just before or just after, TRIBBLE goes down.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    warp2126warp2126 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I must admit I do find it strange that they gave an End Time and yet no start time.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    warp2126 wrote: »
    I must admit I do find it strange that they gave an End Time and yet no start time.

To avoid getting people's hopes up. And yet here we are hovering over the forums, heh.
    TW1sr57.jpg

• Options
    emt27emt27 Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    was wondering myself.. but like someone said, "they never posted a start time".. guess I will do a quick run-through the other posts
    Say something relavant or hold your tongue
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Recently, it has usually been between 6pm and 7pm, my time (EDT) that They have been updating Tribble.

But who knows.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    xuelxuel Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    it's 1020 pst and guess what can not make ANY ROMULAN OR KDF char. Sad thing is, it is NOT April 1st.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    joshmaul wrote: »
    To avoid getting people's hopes up. And yet here we are hovering over the forums, heh.

Well being realistic if they did not wish to get our hopes up then maybe they should not have announced the open beta...ll
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    warp2126 wrote: »
    Well being realistic if they did not wish to get our hopes up then maybe they should not have announced the open beta...ll

Be glad they're doing it at all.
    TW1sr57.jpg

• Options
    emt27emt27 Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well skimmed the entire thing, no set start time listed.. well I guess I will just keep checking:D
    Say something relavant or hold your tongue
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    joshmaul wrote: »
    Be glad they're doing it at all.

This is true... I confess I was not expecting them to even hold an Open Beta.
  • Options
    hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Log on to Tribble and test Legacy of Romulus this weekend from the time Tribble is patched with its update tomorrow until 10AM PDT on Monday, May 13th, 2013*.

No mention of 10 PST today, only of a patch, which if you look in the patch notes has not happened yet.
This discussion has been closed.