What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Legacy of Romulus Open Beta and Tribble Test Weekend [Now Ended]

Comments

• Options
    johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ...and yodel about it from the top of our office building.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Pics or it didn't happen.

But seriously. I went onto Tribble last night and wow. It looks freaking awesome. Still not sure about the way the whole traits system works, gonna need to look into that some more.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • Options
    wufangchuwufangchu Member Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Romulans are still invite only?? Look folks. I came here to test.. not flutter my eyes or go goo gah over everything. i want to know that my romulan character when i create her next week is going to work at the best possible as she can. Wipe a character i create today, i dont care, but I just cant fathom how i'm supposed to test something ( even in open beta ) that i have no access too..

Interface: TNG color scheme appears washed out and flat.

Ship customization: Previously purchased Z-Store ships ( Armitage and Thunderchild ) not being recognized or listed in any section of the customization window.

Tailor: Previous costume purchases not being recognized by tailoring window.

Opening screen initially displays character and crew with an image of the ships fighter or shuttle above them. Image changes to ship after selecting second character and reverting back
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
  • Options
    draconsindraconsin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    DOOOO ETTTTTTT NOOOOOWWWW
    that is all.
  • Options
    msk5msk5 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Reading Comprehension!
  • Options
    voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wufangchu wrote: »
    Romulans are still invite only?? Look folks. I came here to test.. not flutter my eyes or go goo gah over everything. i want to know that my romulan character when i create her next week is going to work at the best possible as she can. Wipe a character i create today, i dont care, but I just cant fathom how i'm supposed to test something ( even in open beta ) that i have no access too..

Interface: TNG color scheme appears washed out and flat.

Ship customization: Previously purchased Z-Store ships ( Armitage and Thunderchild ) not being recognized or listed in any section of the customization window.

Tailor: Previous costume purchases not being recognized by tailoring window.

Opening screen initially displays character and crew with an image of the ships fighter or shuttle above them. Image changes to ship after selecting second character and reverting back

Open Beta has not started yet. There will be an announcement in the Tribbles forum when they have the patch ready and after that you will be able to make your Romulan.
  • Options
    khaos9khaos9 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So like when does this open beta start? Because I patched but still unable to play a romulan, so what gives?
  • Options
    kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you'd go back and read the actual annouciment, the LOR beta only opens to the public AFTER tribble get's a patch, which hasn't happened yet. Come back in about 6 or 7 hours and you'd have all the green blooded goodness you could want...
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • Options
    emt27emt27 Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    look at the other posts :D
    Say something relavant or hold your tongue
  • Options
    robinsonfamilyrobinsonfamily Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I want open beta to open up, that way the rest of my fleet can enjoy what I have been experiencing in closed beta!
  • Options
    benpeters88benpeters88 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have to say, I am fairly new to STO, I do have a 50 Sci captain. But tbh even i have read the announcement - and it doesn't give a specified time for testing.

Idm tbh, it will feel so rewarding to have a look at the romulans before the 21st, and I'll give any feedback I can :)

p.s kamenriderzero1, i love the signature, such a typical RNG outcome :)
  • Options
    osena109osena109 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    watch it not even open up till midnight
  • Options
    voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have to say, I am fairly new to STO, I do have a 50 Sci captain. But tbh even i have read the announcement - and it doesn't give a specified time for testing.

Idm tbh, it will feel so rewarding to have a look at the romulans before the 21st, and I'll give any feedback I can :)

p.s kamenriderzero1, i love the signature, such a typical RNG outcome :)

that is because there isn't really a specific time. Any time between when Tribble is patched and 10am PDT on Monday is considered part of the Test Weekend. And if you are on for at least an hour during that time, you will get your reward.
  • Options
    kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hevach wrote: »
    No mention of 10 PST today, only of a patch, which if you look in the patch notes has not happened yet.

go back and do some real reading please. it Never said what time Open beta would launch. it only said the Tribble Test Weekend would END at 10AM PDT on MONDAY.
    msk5 wrote: »
    Reading Comprehension!

It's just so sad isn't it. It's there in plain English and people still TRIBBLE it up...
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
  • Options
    joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    khaos9 wrote: »
    So like when does this open beta start? Because I patched but still unable to play a romulan, so what gives?

Chances are that patch is from the last couple days; still no notes for today.
    TW1sr57.jpg
    "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

As a reminder, the announcement states that the Open Beta (i.e. Romulan and Klingon Gameplay unlocked) and Tribble Test Weekend begins once Tribble is updated today -- we are still a couple to a few hours away from this, at minimum. Once it's updated and available, we'll be sure to update the original announcement and this forum post.

Thanks for your patience, and we can't wait to see you on Tribble later today!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    benpeters88benpeters88 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah that is what I'm saying. I know there isn't a time yet.

What I'm getting at is I bothered to read the announcement, where as a lot of people see ''shiny'' and seem to overlook the contents of what has been said :)
  • Options
    kyias1kyias1 Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sure he screwed up the time but don't get all upity at people for being EXCITED about these changes.

If people are upset it isn't up yet I see that as a GOOD thing. It means the stuff coming actually matters to them.
  • Options
    trhrangerxmltrhrangerxml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its going to be patched, when its going to be patched. I was hoping to patch before I went to work, oh well, I can patch when I come home.
    Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again? :D
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

As a reminder, the announcement states that the Open Beta (i.e. Romulan and Klingon Gameplay unlocked) and Tribble Test Weekend begins once Tribble is updated today -- we are still a couple to a few hours away from this, at minimum. Once it's updated and available, we'll be sure to update the original announcement and this forum post.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Told ya...

Between 6pm & 7pm my time (EDT)

(It's 1:44pm here now)

For NON-Mathers.. that would be between 3pm & 4pm (PDT) Their time.

:D
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

What's the reward? A Demon-Class Tribble that craps a Nukara Mark every hour?
  • Options
    erockererocker Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Reading comprehension is important. It keeps people from making rash judgments.. and anger.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    trhrangerxmltrhrangerxml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    C-Store purchases have never carried over into Tribble, only what you buy on Tribble or copy over on your toons. As for the TNG theme being flat, have you even watched an episode of TNG lately? The style was very flat there too, I am not a fan of LCARS in TNG, but I like the way it looks in game. And I have the same bug that if my shuttle/fighter is listed before my ship in the character select screen it has the shuttle/fighter.
    Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again? :D
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    icegavel wrote: »

THIS just popped into my head...

:eek:
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Sounds like it.

I'll get my romulan tactical to level 50 from 49 and test end game content in a mogai refit!
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited May 2013

From the announcement: "The reward will be revealed and available at a currently unannounced date post Legacy of Romulus launch."

:)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    From the announcement: "The reward will be revealed and available at a currently unannounced date post Legacy of Romulus launch."

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

You ever get tired of having to repeat Yerself over & over & over & over... again?

<chuckle>
  • Options
    joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Gods and goddesses. Does no one read the fine print? Do they get tunnel vision and go "it's 10am, why isn't it patched yet?"

Eesh. I thought MY eyes were bad.
    TW1sr57.jpg
    "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
  • Options
    wufangchuwufangchu Member Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    thanks for the update. Will check out the patch notes.
    wraith_zps7pzgamff.jpg
  • Options
    chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Yeah I am not following. Could all announcements be done as YouTube videos with puppets for a clearer message?

Also, how much is the expansion?
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • Options
    hinkszornhinkszorn Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    its now almost 11am and still nothing.:mad:
This discussion has been closed.