Comments

• sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks found it

I confess I desperately want to try the new romulans
    Live long and Prosper
  • themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How about a Branflake DOFF that apologizes for downtime when you are hit with Viral Matrix or other System Offline situations?

----
    Hello Captain:

We regret to inform you that SHIELDS ARE OFFLINE for the next 30 seconds. We regret any inconvenience this may cause. Our techs are working as hard as possible to restore service as soon as possible.

--Brandon

----

:D
  • happyhappyj0yj0yhappyhappyj0yj0y Member Posts: 699 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm kind of hoping the reward will be unique Warp/Singularity Cores which we can claim since they're the main new shiny being introduced. It could be the "Fuzzy-Wuzzy Core" where the item icon is a tiny hamster in a wheel...
  • illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Now you too can earn a second romulan tribble!
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm kind of hoping the reward will be unique Warp/Singularity Cores which we can claim since they're the main new shiny being introduced. It could be the "Fuzzy-Wuzzy Core" where the item icon is a tiny hamster in a wheel...
    That's a little much for an hour of playing. I'm sure an hour isn't worth more then a tribble. Hamsters aren't trekkish. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    as we all know it has to be a tribble but can we please have some place for that tribble?inventories and banks are too small for the amount of pets and tribbles in this game :rolleyes:
  • voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No more freaking tribbles!!! Considering this is an open beta test weekend for a new faction I think it needs to be something different, something very uniquely Romulan. Maybe some time of Raptor (as in a bird) combat pet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kaiserkactokaiserkacto Member Posts: 482 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Great! another tribble for my collection :P
    "In every age,
    In every place,
    The deeds of men remain the same..."
    12701.png
  • tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    voicesdark wrote: »
    No more freaking tribbles!!! Considering this is an open beta test weekend for a new faction I think it needs to be something different, something very uniquely Romulan. Maybe some time of Raptor (as in a bird) combat pet.

Pets are exactly the same problem as unique tribbles: no storage. Same trap.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • timv94timv94 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Probably just a Tholian tribble or something that gives 1 Nukara mark.
  • magusofborgmagusofborg Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Congrats all on being able to finally test it out!
    Now Flotiila wont be so quiet :D
    Joined August 2009
  • voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Pets are exactly the same problem as unique tribbles: no storage. Same trap.

yeah but at least it would be something different. Although a serious borg TRIBBLE kicking romulan assault rifle that doesn't have to be remodulated would be nice too. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • trhrangerxmltrhrangerxml Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sweet, a week earlier then I thought!
    Hi, my name is: Elim Garak, Former Cardassian Oppressor

LTS, here since...when did this game launch again? :D
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What happened to the second round of closed beta invites, or did I miss the announcement? I wasn't expecting the special test weekend for the reward to happen until the weekend before LoR launches like you guys did with season 7.

Did you bump things up because of all the whiners not getting a beta invite?

I had a Romulan around level 26 and was awaiting the rest of the episodes to unlock, then you guys wiped tribble server lol.:D

Well back to my alien rommy to do more testing. :)
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Congrats all on being able to finally test it out!
    Now Flotiila wont be so quiet :D
    Yeah really it's like a ghost town right now... :(
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There goes the neighborhood.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • sarek93sarek93 Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    messahla wrote: »
    Im a little dismayed that us closed beta testers get nothing unless we log in this weekend

But it is what it is and i will do as ive done throughout and log in and test for several hours as normal.

So Branflakes can we get a hint what the "reward" is or is it a wait and see thing

Getting into closed beta and getting to test the content early IS your reward. A quick perusal of the closed beta thread in the Fed News Network should tell you that there are (soon to be "were") plenty of players who wanted that invite (some, like me, who met the qualifications for the invite, but just lost out to the computer's random selection of 1000ish people on the qualified list). Getting to test early is a reward because you get to help make sure the content is good before everyone else sees it (and you get to play it first too!).

I will say this: if STO ties in a reward to closed beta testing Romulans/new KDF and doesn't give it to people who tested the new Fed stuff, I will be severely disappointed. People who love testing the new content (like me; been doing it since before STO went live) shouldn't be penalized for not getting lucky with an invite.
    "Insufficient facts always invite danger." - Spock
  • sparhawksparhawk Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited May 2013

This would be better than another tribble.
  • comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I was not sure were to post this.... but if its on the wrong sub-forum section Please feel free to move it to the correct one!!! :)

On with the topic... I been playing on the Tribble for quite a while now.. I love testing the update before hand to see what its like... And with LoR I'm out of the roof getting to play the Romulans... but I lately seen this problem in my HUD.. not sure if anyone else has it but on all the interaction windows likes ex. when your in a mission and you Bridge Officer contacts you and you read the message on the left.. its seems like the TOP and LEFT side of the Words are being eaten by the window... Here is a quick snap of what it looks...

http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/q675/Jr_Comrademoco/70db13e0-805b-4aa5-ad23-63751af5525a_zps4ccd4189.jpg

http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/q675/Jr_Comrademoco/dsdasdas_zps656ea65a.png

http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/q675/Jr_Comrademoco/dsadasdasd_zps1a11c05a.png

http://i1353.photobucket.com/albums/q675/Jr_Comrademoco/asdsadasd_zps8eadb63a.png

Hope you guys can fix this problem as its not only on Rumulans but in all the factions KDF, FED. AND it only happens when I bring down the Interface Scale below 1 (default)....

So far that's all I've seen that is buggy or glitchy.... everything else is Super amazing!!!

Thank you Cryptic for the Close Beta invitation!!!
    Keep up the great work Brandon!!!! :P

Again If this post is not in the correct place feel free to move it...
    6tviTDx.png

• daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    There goes the neighborhood.

My first thought exactly... :P

Let's hope poor little Tribble can handle the load. ;)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • hatepwehatepwe Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can we get like a Tribble terrarium?

This will, of course, be a Nukara tribble we'll see a month after LoR goes live and maybe if we're lucky a rare/VR romulan and/or Reman doff I assume?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • z69evermoonz69evermoon Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My god!we get to play the new content. Then play it again later on at release. Except I all ready played it.

My god its Charlie X all over again!
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This will be a nukara tribble with 1 mark every hour and something I will delete or stick in my bank until i delete it for it's space I'd rather just have a reman/romulan doff at least thats useful
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This coming weekend is a Tribble Test Weekend, as well as the start of our Open Beta! Not only can you test out the new content releasing with the launch of Legacy of Romulus, but you can earn a special reward for doing so. Read more for full details.

Click here to read more.

i wish you can define when tomorrow is by the time and its conversion to other zones. im having to check the clock and i do not know if your time accuracy is 1 hour off.

i assume the patch is in 1 hour and 20 minutes from now, as it will be 12am on the west side.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited May 2013
    i wish you can define when tomorrow is by the time and its conversion to other zones. im having to check the clock and i do not know if your time accuracy is 1 hour off.

i assume the patch is in 1 hour and 20 minutes from now, as it will be 12am on the west side.

We don't have an exact time yet, otherwise I would have included it :P Once it officially begins (Tribble is patched and available for Open Beta), I'll be sure to update the blog, update the OP, make a post to this thread, Tweet, Facebook and yodel about it from the top of our office building.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • toadyfranktoadyfrank Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013

The patch will definitely not be in 1:20 from your post. As of the time of this post, it's 10:53PM in California. But they're presumably going to do the patch at some point during the day, while they're all at work.
    edited May 2013
    yodeling huh? hah!:D

i thought you forgot about it, my mistake.
    edited May 2013
    toadyfrank wrote: »
    The patch will definitely not be in 1:20 from your post. As of the time of this post, it's 10:53PM in California. But they're presumably going to do the patch at some point during the day, while they're all at work.

i assumed it would of been the start of the 10th on your end, as it will be 8am here where i am. and if the update mentions 6am on your end that would be 2pm here so, we would miss half a day in europe :P.
  • squigishsquigish Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Has there been a decision on what to do about character slots? Does everyone get a new romulan-only character slot?

Also, I currently am a silver member, although I have three characters because I created the third one while I had a gold membership for a month. Will I also get a new character slot?

I'm curious what the answers to these questions are on tribble for tomorrow, and also on holodeck once LoR goes live for real.
    edited May 2013
    from what i know you will get a new character slot for the romulan adventure when it goes live on holodeck.
This discussion has been closed.