What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Legacy of Romulus Open Beta and Tribble Test Weekend [Now Ended]

Comments

• Options
    eklinaareklinaar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We don't have an exact time yet, otherwise I would have included it :P Once it officially begins (Tribble is patched and available for Open Beta), I'll be sure to update the blog, update the OP, make a post to this thread, Tweet, Facebook and yodel about it from the top of our office building.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Take a video of this and share it with us, please.
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    played the latest offering on tribble, mostly good audio overlay but in did notice some of the audio overlapping in some places, most notably when the tutorial dialogue overlaps with some other on screen dialogue. this made it very hard to hear what was being said by eather of the speaking parts although you mostly got the start of the first dialogue and the end of the second dialogue and only missed 10-20 seconds of the two where they overlapped.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    played the latest offering on tribble, mostly good audio overlay but in did notice some of the audio overlapping in some places, most notably when the tutorial dialogue overlaps with some other on screen dialogue. this made it very hard to hear what was being said by eather of the speaking parts although you mostly got the start of the first dialogue and the end of the second dialogue and only missed 10-20 seconds of the two where they overlapped.

that could help cryptics dev team, post it on the tribble forum section.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    blondie987blondie987 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so does this mean test weekend has already started or does it not start until friday? because i can't creat or make a romulan to test and i just read about the tribble test weekened on mmosite.com. i mean i personally would like to find what why all the hush hush on denise crosby doing voice for the game. it is well known she became empress sela on next generation. at any rate since i can't make a romulan now when will i be able to if test weekened hasn't started?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    thats exactly why i tried to get some info off branflakes.
  • Options
    entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    blondie987 wrote: »
    so does this mean test weekend has already started or does it not start until friday? because i can't creat or make a romulan to test and i just read about the tribble test weekened on mmosite.com. i mean i personally would like to find what why all the hush hush on denise crosby doing voice for the game. it is well known she became empress sela on next generation. at any rate since i can't make a romulan now when will i be able to if test weekened hasn't started?

Test weekend starts Friday. It'll start after a patch that'll go to Tribble is applied and they bring the Tribble server back up. From there until Monday at roughly 10 AM Pacific, if you'll get 1 hour of play time on Tribble you'll qualify for the 1 exclusive reward that'll be announced and made available some time after Legacy of Romulus launches.
  • Options
    warp2126warp2126 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Guess I need to go shopping and get some supplies in.....
  • Options
    ransom2375ransom2375 Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ... and yodel about it from the top of our office building.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Make it so! And record it for the next "On Screen!" episode. :D
    Star Trek Online: Foundry 02.12.2010 - 11.04.2019
  • Options
    jmaster29jmaster29 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm REALLY excited!! really wanna play a Romulan and play my KDF toon alot more :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well I have just done the Federation tutorial on tribble (boy has that changed)
    I'll be putting up a full report after i do all three

but the new visuals are good
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    pegasus78pegasus78 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cool I've been looking forward to the tribble test weekend. Cheers Brandon.

I Love Star Trek Online :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    noshufflenoshuffle Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Would be nice to do it, if I am able to get off the ESD. Server Not Responding 300 Sec already. :mad: The longer you are managing the Star Trek license, the more you are dragging the good name of the series and Gene Rodenberry's legacy through the mud.
    OK, if I have to stay here for a while, your cieling ... looks idious.:D
  • Options
    tilarium1979tilarium1979 Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We don't have an exact time yet, otherwise I would have included it :P Once it officially begins (Tribble is patched and available for Open Beta), I'll be sure to update the blog, update the OP, make a post to this thread, Tweet, Facebook and yodel about it from the top of our office building.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I'll be listening for that yodel, Brandon!
  • Options
    warp2126warp2126 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Silly question but is the open beta only for subscribers?... been reading some of the chats on facebook and some are saying only subscribers can use the open beta. Just curious?
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    warp2126 wrote: »
    Silly question but is the open beta only for subscribers?... been reading some of the chats on facebook and some are saying only subscribers can use the open beta. Just curious?

Nope, everyone can use the Tribble Test Server. :)
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No, official time still? It tells me, "You do not have permission to create a new character." I can't make a Klink char either but, I assume this is because I copied my Klink over from Holodeck?
    When you see patch notes on Tribble, then you'll know it's close. :)

Right now only those in Closed Beta can make a Rom or KDF.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    joemachojoemacho Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    is anyone even in open beta yet or have they not patched it yet? the impression i was getting was that some people were able to make chars and some weren't, which smells like a bug to me. one i happen to be affected by =(
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    joemacho wrote: »
    is anyone even in open beta yet or have they not patched it yet? the impression i was getting was that some people were able to make chars and some weren't, which smells like a bug to me. one i happen to be affected by =(
    As I just stated in the post right above yours, when they are about to patch the tribble forum will post patch notes, just like the regular forum does. Hack, Brandon's answer is only a few posts above yours. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    i hope this open beta doesnt start later in the day in europe while the americans get more then 2 days and a bit worth of testing. i would be annoyed by it being late in the day. its coming up 7am pst/3pm bst. so branflakes should be around by now to hopefully pick off some news about the open beta before its too late to gain the most feedback possible over the week.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    i hope this open beta doesnt start later in the day in europe while the americans get more then 2 days and a bit worth of testing. i would be annoyed by it being late in the day. its coming up 7am pst/3pm bst. so branflakes should be around by now to hopefully pick off some news about the open beta before its too late to gain the most feedback possible over the week.
    Most of Cryptic's employees won't even be in the office for another 2+ hours. They need to get in, verify the patch, set a patch time, and then load the patch. I wouldn't expect that to happen before 10 or 11 am, their time.
  • Options
    hawks3052hawks3052 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I expect that I can play here in Germany tomorrow morning.
  • Options
    darkravenxp32darkravenxp32 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Too bad you can't just send a yodel to everyone over the internet, that would be awesome!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Most of Cryptic's employees won't even be in the office for another 2+ hours. They need to get in, verify the patch, set a patch time, and then load the patch. I wouldn't expect that to happen before 10 or 11 am, their time.

i have seen instances in the past where things were done early in the morning by cryptic staff, like a patch and such and im not surprised if there are a few cryptic staff in overnight to keep things running at a moments notice. it wouldnt take much to ask one of these people to get the patch released at a set time days in advance to avoid logistical problems, this includes making sure the whole package is also ready for usage days in advance throug hthe varification and such. cryptic have been burned in the past for bad quality patching and rush to release a new one as soon as possible.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    i have seen instances in the past where things were done early in the morning by cryptic staff, like a patch and such and im not surprised if there are a few cryptic staff in overnight to keep things running at a moments notice. it wouldnt take much to ask one of these people to get the patch released at a set time days in advance to avoid logistical problems, this includes making sure the whole package is also ready for usage days in advance throug hthe varification and such. cryptic have been burned in the past for bad quality patching and rush to release a new one as soon as possible.
    Your posts are really just starting to sound like nerd angst: "I really, really, really, really want to play and they won't let me. Why can't they do it faster? " :)

Cryptic works at it's own pace. If that means you don't get to play in the Open Beta until tomorrow, so be it. Sorry for you, but Cryptic's not going to rush something out the door just because you need to go to bed early on a Friday night. :)

The Open Beta is for everyone, not just you. It does no one any good for them to to rush it out the door and then just need to re-patch it 3 hours from now.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Your posts are really just starting to sound like nerd angst: "I really, really, really, really want to play and they won't let me. Why can't they do it faster? " :)

Cryptic works at it's own pace. If that means you don't get to play in the Open Beta until tomorrow, so be it. Sorry for you, but Cryptic's not going to rush something out the door just because you need to go to bed early on a Friday night. :)

The Open Beta is for everyone, not just you. It does no one any good for them to to rush it out the door and then just need to re-patch it 3 hours from now.

Are We There Yet... ? ... :P
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    chronoss2012chronoss2012 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well it tells me to wait 2 hours the character will get copied over.
    i go back it asks me ot copy the same character i wonder would that TRIBBLE you up copying it 2 3 or 50 times.....lol
  • Options
    malkarrismalkarris Member Posts: 797 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It would be so very very cool (or hot rather) if we could get a Tholian Boff as a reward. Or maybe as a non-combat pet, full enviroment suit walking after you everywhere. Except on deamon worlds of course.
    Joined September 2011
    Nouveau riche LTS member
  • Options
    edited May 2013

if you feel that bias thats your problem i frankly couldnt careless, the same about the game or if i get in or not, but it doesnt hurt to ask around all the same.
  • Options
    gurriknakgurriknak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well it tells me to wait 2 hours the character will get copied over.
    i go back it asks me ot copy the same character i wonder would that TRIBBLE you up copying it 2 3 or 50 times.....lol

Chances are, your toon is already copied. I've logged in, played with a respec, deleted the toon, logged out, recopied, logged back in, and a new fresh copy was already there -- no wait. But hey, TRIBBLE could happen that might make it take two hours... they're just coverin' their office rollychair warmers...
This discussion has been closed.