test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unscheduled/Emergency Network Maintenance (May 9, 2013) (Complete!)

Comments

• Options
    pupibirdpupibird Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I do enjoy the EU players complaining about why the maintenance had to be during peak playing time for them. Many of the players from the EU didn't seem so sympathetic to the US players on Saturday. I just wouldn't expect any sympathy about the current predicament from any of the US players.

He is right about some of US! :(
  • Options
    alarikunalarikun Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    swmmrpro wrote: »
    Look , Many of us are monthly members or lifetime members. Honestly with this increasing amount of maintenance it is getting harder and harder to find game time. It seems that you always take the server down. I realize that you are trying to make a better game for us to enjoy, but come on..... we know it should not have to be like this.

So maybe you can meet us in the middle somewhere I am not saying Refund, and I know that this is a supply and demand situation, but you know little giving from your end would really kinda boost moral......

Think about it, maybe you guys can add an extra special deal for us or maybe a special gift for all of our patients through these trying times of constant maintenance.

We love the game or we would not be here, but there is no need to take advantage of us.... "give and you shall receive".

At best, I think they should add a few days to your subscription (equal to the amount of time lost... which likely isn't even days... more like hours).

Free stuff... I think not.
    Original Join Date: January 2010
    Original Name: -Gen-Alaris
    Days Subscribed: 1211 (As of May 26, 2013)
  • Options
    grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well hope they finaly solve the server issue for once, Europe servers are hell to play with at the moment :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
  • Options
    general1devongeneral1devon Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cornjob wrote: »
    I think we ALL know who to blame..... CHAMPIONS. Kill it already. CoH is dead and gone and still a better hero-sim than CO will ever be.

I'm joking of course I like Champions. I need something to keep my sports illustrated from getting blown around by my desk fan. Or anti cat projectile. Or drink coaster.

Yeah because no one plays Champions over STO *Sarcasm*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ironmakoironmako Member Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    3 Hours? This is not good timing for everyone on Europe, and all the jobless in the US who are just waking up......
  • Options
    ricorosebudricorosebud Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Gonna do the maintenance during the emergency outage so there will be no downtime Thursday!

LOL JK!

And we promise it has absolutely nothing at all to do with Neverwinter. You can be assured of a smooth launch of Legacy of Romulas.

LOL JK!

But seriously, we don't 'deserve' any sort of compensation other than upgrades and fixes to make sure the last couple of weeks debacle is a thing of the past. But I won't hold my breath.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    drake122svkdrake122svk Member Posts: 731 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Oh FFS! I don't usually like to rant or 'go off on one' but seriously?!

It's UNSCEDULED downtime on a friggin GAME.

It has been announced as "unscheduled" to the player base. Whether it is truly unscheduled is a completely different issue. At this point, I am inclined to believe this downtime was scheduled just like any other one on thursdays, but they decided to announce it differently to avoid nerd rage over the fact that they were supposed to perform the regular maintenance + patch earlier this week.

Not that it matters though, their inability to upgrade or at least fix the server issues continues. We might have a server crash once a week now, but starting May 21, it might very well happen daily... at least for the first week or two. The only saving grace of this game for me (and I'm sure it's not just me alone) is that it is free to play.
  • Options
    happystanhappystan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rabbit261 wrote: »
    great playing the game and working on a mission and than "star trek is closed for maintenance at this time" nice going.
    send mail ingame to everbody one day before the maintenance so everbody that is not reading the forum also now that there is going to be maintenance and that it is better not to start a new mission.

Now i can start the mission over again while i was working on the last part of it.

Well don poeple, NOT :mad::mad:

How on Earth can they send an in-game mail to everyone the day before an UNSCHEDULED maintenance?
  • Options
    borgressistanceborgressistance Member Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rabbit261 wrote: »
    great playing the game and working on a mission and than "star trek is closed for maintenance at this time" nice going.
    send mail ingame to everbody one day before the maintenance so everbody that is not reading the forum also now that there is going to be maintenance and that it is better not to start a new mission.

Now i can start the mission over again while i was working on the last part of it.

Well don poeple, NOT :mad::mad:

i'm sorry to say it, but they give a warning on certain intervals, you may have miss them, and i'm sorry for the lost progress, but when they say 20 mins before emercengy maintenance, its not the best thing to do,starting a mision, just for the next time: pay attention to the early warnings.
  • Options
    mosaic06mosaic06 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so if I was an IT technician, and I worked for a company and had the servers crash or have bad issues this often - I'd be looking for another job.

Cryptic have enough money from the subscribers aka Me and plenty of others to be able to buy new servers and new soft/hard ware. If I failed to do so as an IT technician in the UK - I'd be sacked and given a disciplinary for failing to do my job properly.

I want compensation for all gold members and for the Lifers, for the incompetence of the IT people at Cryptic along with an apology and a good reason for NOT separating the servers, and sorting this issues out properly, when you obviously have the money to do so.

Thanks
  • Options
    wjeremy16wjeremy16 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The solution is simple. shut Neverwinter down. Notice all this BS is due to the beta for that
  • Options
    wargillwargill Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Those complaining should really be forced to work in a company that provides mmos to a self-righteous hate mob for a year.

News flash: its called customer service and we seem to have a shortage. But if people pay money for this then the have a right to complain about services not rendered. I personally don't like paying for something that I can't use.

But you must like it...
    Give me all your latinum... Hew-mon!!
  • Options
    jonascarlsonjonascarlson Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks again, I just got done telling a few people that I think that this game is so awesome because it never seems to go down or has any trouble. Now I've been so, so lucky to have been online for all 3 this week.

When I worked for HP as a Field Engineer we use to fix servers and equipment like this all the the time... It's called a 2 hour service pack. It's true it's not always guaranteed to be fixed then but some of the worlds biggest companies with the most important equipment would either have the parts to fix onsite or nearby. As for the state, well if it wasn't fixed with 4 hours HP had to repay the state. It's pretty messed up considering it could take you 3 1/2 hours just to get there. NY is so messed up anyways.
  • Options
    mecteshmectesh Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ixalmaris wrote: »
    Can't be that much of an emergency when, unlike the other times, they give an advance warning.

I would imagine that if it was an active/actual emergency (e.g. hacking in progress), they'd throw the switch and post afterwards. I'm guessing they mean "emergency" in the context of "unscheduled work that must be performed immediately". At least there was an in-game announcement in advance.
    Mac mini Server (mid 2011): 2GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB 1333 MHz DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 3000 512MB
    OS X El Capitan 10.11.2
  • Options
    section31agent#8506 section31agent Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ***PSSSSTTTT*** you ..yes you...[Ferengi from ESD whispers] I got a few slightly used servers you can buy... no questions asked okay?
  • Options
    wylornwylorn Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    joker13874 wrote: »
    Yes we can, I invite my new friend to play a Star Trek Offline

:cool::cool:
  • Options
    xapocalypseponyxxapocalypseponyx Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    happystan wrote: »
    How on Earth can they send an in-game mail to everyone the day before an UNSCHEDULED maintenance?

Easy. They hop in their warp capable Hyundai and fly towards the sun, then...
  • Options
    coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm just here to see if Q will post again.
  • Options
    grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    EU doesn't complain about the down time but about the servers that is running not like it should be on peak ours most off us are booted out because servers can't handle the stress:cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    wargill wrote: »
    News flash: its called customer service and we seem to have a shortage. But if people pay money for this then the have a right to complain about services not rendered. I personally don't like paying for something that I can't use.

But you must like it...

sorry, but they just give you the SERVICE.

they repair the bad parts,they do what whats necessairy to let the people play,without much problems, they temporaily take a game service down, to let you enjoy it more without problems when its back up.

so dont come with they dont gie my my sweetroll while i pay for it...they do there job.

orif youre car breaks down and you go to a garage you say i want my money back because its broken? or let you repair it??
  • Options
    themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Good point! Real-life Social interaction - not the strongest characteristic of the Great Entitled.

If I wanted to deal with people I'd ask for extra shifts at work.

You know that place I go so I can afford to spend $150 a month on Zen and promotional items...

The money should be going to server upgrades and upkeep. Instead I fear it was blown on "overhead" "overtime" and cups for the office.

We're paying the price now... things are going wrong diehard fans are getting fed up and so it goes.
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    *hands out bags of popcorn to everyone*

Mmm, delicious! Downtime always proves to be more entertaining than STO itself. :D
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Let's watch Picard be Awesome and stop fighting. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtmbzJNPsaQ
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    theodrimtheodrim Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pierzy wrote: »
    Time is dilithium Cryptic. We should be compensated, 500 free dilithium per hour of downtime.

Considering the amount of downtime we've had, and are sure to have in the near future, I'd suggest players who made accounts before the Crystalline Entity event (right around when all this TRIBBLE started) get a free VA ship token for their first Romulan character.

Conciliatory/contrite gesture and a promotion for LoR in one fell swoop. Sure it might cost some revenue on PWE's part, but on the other hand so is having a disgruntled player base.
    Somebody getting uppity about canon? No problem! Just take a deep breath, and repeat after me:

Spock's Brain.
  • Options
    jonascarlsonjonascarlson Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Almost every cable/phone company will discount your bill if you take the time to complain about an outage. It may be a nice flat rate or a small pro-rate but it covers the cost of your PAID downtime.
  • Options
    buddha1369buddha1369 Member Posts: 386 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Easy. They hop in their warp capable Hyundai and fly towards the sun, then...

Pffffttt. Everyone knows Hyundai cant pass warp 5. They are the NX of cars.
  • Options
    xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The last blackout was unannounced, so it's great this time there was a little forewarning. Thanks Brandon.

Also, during last blackout they said they would update Tribble while the servers were down, so they wouldn't have to do it today, thereby saving time now. Nowhere did they say they would NOT have ANY maintenance today.
  • Options
    kreugekreuge Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It has been announced as "unscheduled" to the player base. Whether it is truly unscheduled is a completely different issue. At this point, I am inclined to believe this downtime was scheduled just like any other one on thursdays, but they decided to announce it differently to avoid nerd rage over the fact that they were supposed to perform the regular maintenance + patch earlier this week.

Not that it matters though, their inability to upgrade or at least fix the server issues continues. We might have a server crash once a week now, but starting May 21, it might very well happen daily... at least for the first week or two. The only saving grace of this game for me (and I'm sure it's not just me alone) is that it is free to play.

This is the first thought that entered my mind as well.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    use this time to patch tribble:d it will kill the lor update time:D
  • Options
    geekalomaniacgeekalomaniac Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fact is that downtime pisses of more or less everyone and is not good for a company's or game's reputation. I Intended to buy Legacy of Romulus but now ill think twice.

But hey i'm sure there doing there best and ill change my desktop while wating
This discussion has been closed.