test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unscheduled/Emergency Network Maintenance (May 9, 2013) (Complete!)

Comments

• commandermiccommandermic Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    if cryptic is going on this way, the should rename the game and call it "star trek offline" :(

really, even ubisoft has extremely stable workling servers compared to this...not to mention that the game itself is crashing 100 times more than any other game i have ever played.

thanks that it is free to play, otherwise i had stop playing it long time ago...
  • wargillwargill Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pec3 wrote: »
    This stinks. I was near the end of the mission when the server went down. I need Energy credits, dillitium, etc to improve my ship, and now I can not do that. Will Criptic make it up for lost time by giving me good amount of Dillitium, and Energy credits for this 3 hours that I would make if server is online.

I do not think so. :mad: :(
    You are loosing people in Europe, and turn us against you by doing this. Why you are doing this by Europe day time, why do not do that by USA day time?

:mad: :mad:

uh its 9:30am in California buddy... last time I looked at a map that is America and I would venture to say that 9:30am is kinda day time.
    Give me all your latinum... Hew-mon!!
  • majorwoodstarmajorwoodstar Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    FOR F***S SAKE WOULD ALL YOU ENTITLED WHINNY NO LIFES QUIT YER *****'N ?

Seriously This is one of the most whinny, self righteous communities ever. You guys can really be worse the the little Xbox kids. You don't deserve compensation for EMERGENCY downtime no more then a doctor deserves an extra $5,000 for being called in for an emergency. To all the UK players, its Unscheduled, which means they didn't plan it so they couldn't make it another timezone. To people who payed lots of money for things in this game like me, just because you invested in an MMO doesn't mean you deserve free goodies every time the game takes a ****. Yeah it sucks not being able to play but there are plenty of other things to do, like Idk have a life outside of the MMO. You guys sound like crack heads in Detroit. NOW STFU BEFORE I FIRE MY LAZER!

LMAO go to the world of tanks forums!
  • carcharodon1975carcharodon1975 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    People,people....breathe in......breathe out.....breathe in.......breathe out....there,now you have Zen.
    The PWE/Cryptic sweatshop...not where the game is made,but where the game is played!

Take back your home,end the grind!

Volunteer moderators policing the forums is like a mall cop trying to solve a murder.
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It really would be better if sto and NW were on seperate servers
    Live long and Prosper
  • maverickdude05maverickdude05 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have been a STO player since Day 1 of launch. I went out and spent $60 to buy the game. I have seen many issues but not this many since the first week of launch. I'm not happy with the issues but the fact that for most of the 3+ years have not been bad with issues. Yes Cryptic tends to be a little slow on fixing issues, but at least they address them and acknowledge them. I won't threaten to leave but I do think players who pay should be compensated in some form, even if its just a rare tribble, dilithium, zen, whatever. Unscheduled or not, Cryptic does need to fix the server issue for good somehow. With LoR and Neverwinter launches nearing, can't bode well for those who really enjoy the game.
  • erathielerathiel Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    First pwebranflakes said on 7.05 :

"While the team is working to bring up all Cryptic services, we will conduct this week's Holodeck maintenance to avoid scheduled downtime on Thursday"

So he didnt say anything about implement patch on thursday but said about avoid maintenance/downtain today.
  • santos978santos978 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

We will be bringing down all Cryptic games and services in 25 minutes for maintenance and expect it to last for 3 hours. The test server will also be unavailable during this time.

The goal of this maintenance is for additional performance optimizations to help avoid the outages we've seen recently.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Cryptic Studios Team
    i hope they manage to solve the issue of the appearance of ship's ,, it's been months since i can't change the appearance of some of my ship's and i already report it and the answer was "where working on it " it's been at least 2 months ,,,by the way do you have the same problem or is it only me ?? ,, force repair doesn't work and discharge and reclaim neither ...
  • borgressistanceborgressistance Member Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    People,people....breathe in......breathe out.....breathe in.......breathe out....there,now you have Zen.

hehehe, this is the best post i have seen for a vrry long time, you sir, just won my internetzzz:D
  • ricorosebudricorosebud Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hamster overstressed from additional peddling caused by NWO and had a small stroke. Emergency vets on the scene.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • themariethemarie Member Posts: 1,055 Arc User
    edited May 2013

So how's that F2P working out for you? Play for free, contribute nothing to the pool of funds used to support the game... I do my part and pay in... in the hope that my money is being used to support the game and not just pad the producer's pocket.
  • seraphimghostseraphimghost Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So, what's your problem with Cryptic exactly?
    Can you not go outside and have a beer with your friends, smoke a joint, play ball.. things you can do when there's noting to do at home?

I get the complaints from paying players, than again, no one is forcing you to give away your money to them so you don't have the right to complain technically. If it was P2P game than it's another matter, but it is not and you can play it without paying for it.
    And for those who would argue that if you pay you have the right to complain, you should read their T&S, as well as EULA and other legal bound documents.

All this frustration and rumble on the forums won't achieve nothing, and I for one would rather have a joint with my friend ,a thousand time over, than release my frustration with people I will, likely, never see in my life on something that really doesn't cost me in any way.

It is my opinion, don't attack me for it.
  • tom40stom40s Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am addicted give me star trek, I cant get out of my chair, I am so fat from playing.: cool::cool:
    edited May 2013
    i understand youre point, you have a valid point there.

but i just want to add the following:

they did say 2 days ago there will be no more trouble, but, in 2 days time, there is much that can happen with servers,i'm not happy with this either,dont get me wrong on that, but there is much that can go wrong in 2 days, i dont believe cryptic like's this either,so again youre point is valid,but there are also external facters where cryptic,or you and my, dont have any control over.

That is what the universe is all about my friend external factors that just TRIBBLE everything up!
  • jonascarlsonjonascarlson Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Amazon Prime just added TNG HD if you have that service.

On the off subject... Thanks for letting us know. At least something good did come from all this bit**ing and forum trolling. Thank you.
  • knochengeigerknochengeiger Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I keep saying it over and over. if this game didn't have the star trek ip it would have died years ago.

So true...
    We want to keep the foundry.
    edited May 2013
    themarie wrote: »
    So how's that F2P working out for you? Play for free, contribute nothing to the pool of funds used to support the game... I do my part and pay in... in the hope that my money is being used to support the game and not just pad the producer's pocket.

i am i f2player, but even i buy zen, i dont do it always, but i think i spend a total of 400 euro on zen, in the year i play,so not every f2player doesnt add to the pool, maybe we dont add as much as the lifers/goldie's, but some try to help out, just a thought tho.
    edited May 2013
    wargill wrote: »
    That is what the universe is all about my friend external factors that just TRIBBLE everything up!

q and his external factors, where is the man when we need him!
  • tom40stom40s Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am a gold member and just spent 50 bucks, I souport star trek online, yaaaaaaaaaaaah
  • romeowhiskey4romeowhiskey4 Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Pizza or chinese?
  • thunderhawk101thunderhawk101 Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh ****! I ran out of popcorn, better go make some more! :cool:
    erei1 wrote: »
    I enjoy this kind of thread. It's like farting in the air to fight the wind. It's poetic, childish and completely useless.
    edited May 2013
    Pizza or chinese?

I'm in the mood for Chinese. Where do you want to go?
  • general1devongeneral1devon Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    themarie wrote: »

Love how you only read the top section of my post dummy. I've been playing on and off since launch, am a subscriber, and have spent tons of $ in the C-Store
    Who's whining? :P Hint: Look in the mirror.

Hint: look at all the comments
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sonoframonsonoframon Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So, what's your problem with Cryptic exactly?
    Can you not go outside and have a beer with your friends, smoke a joint, play ball.. things you can do when there's noting to do at home?

I get the complaints from paying players, than again, no one is forcing you to give away your money to them so you don't have the right to complain technically. If it was P2P game than it's another matter, but it is not and you can play it without paying for it.
    And for those who would argue that if you pay you have the right to complain, you should read their T&S, as well as EULA and other legal bound documents.

All this frustration and rumble on the forums won't achieve nothing, and I for one would rather have a joint with my friend ,a thousand time over, than release my frustration with people I will, likely, never see in my life on something that really doesn't cost me in any way.

It is my opinion, don't attack me for it.

Technically, it isn't free, even if Cryptic hails STO as being F2P. You have to pay for the Internet, right?
    WELL IF THE JAPORI INCIDENT HAS TAUGHT ME ANYTHING, IT'S THAT MY EXISTENCE IS AN EXPLOIT. THANKS CRYPTIC.

IF YOU ARE READING MY SIG - THEN YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

Emergency network maintenance is going really well. Our teams are moving incredibly fast to get you back in-game! Thanks for your support.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • romeowhiskey4romeowhiskey4 Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wargill wrote: »
    I'm in the mood for Chinese. Where do you want to go?

I know this great lil takeaway in town... You're buying!
  • lordeodprimelordeodprime Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Glad this happens during UK peek times!
    I'll be out of work and at home shortly after this maintenance in done so I don't mind one bit.. :)
    I also love the flaming from all the people who are absolutely clueless on how much work goes into running and updating the server farms that make MMOs possible.. its HARD.
    That is for those flamers that even know what a server does in the first place.. :P
  • cookiemnster35cookiemnster35 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Seriously This is one of the most whinny, self righteous communities ever. You guys can really be worse the the little Xbox kids. You don't deserve compensation for EMERGENCY downtime no more then a doctor deserves an extra $5,000 for being called in for an emergency. To all the UK players, its Unscheduled, which means they didn't plan it so they couldn't make it another timezone. To people who payed lots of money for things in this game like me, just because you invested in an MMO doesn't mean you deserve free goodies every time the game takes a ****. Yeah it sucks not being able to play but there are plenty of other things to do, like Idk have a life outside of the MMO. You guys sound like crack heads in Detroit. NOW STFU BEFORE I FIRE MY LAZER!

Nooo not yet we haven't hit 50 pages yet, your suppose to wait till we hit 50 sheeesh!
  • yepidiedagainyepidiedagain Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I and everyone else will agree with the OP, emergency downtime is a real pain in the photon tubes. :D

BUT, I would rather they dropped the server(s) for a few hours than suffer a more serious problem, lets say for instance that the problem consists of some new player creating a toon with the same name as yours or mine, only instead of the game saying "sorry the name already exists, please choose another one" it just resets your toon to lvl 1 with all account storage and items deleted. Would you then complain that the downtime had interrupted your playtime or would you demand to know why it wasn't fixed sooner?

what I'm tryin to say is that even though for most of us we probably would never have noticed the tiny little nano probe sized bug, for someone else it could have meant losing 3+ years of work in the game.

:cool: (hiding behind cool smiley to avoid the flamers :cool:
  • mecteshmectesh Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks again, I just got done telling a few people that I think that this game is so awesome because it never seems to go down or has any trouble. Now I've been so, so lucky to have been online for all 3 this week.

When I worked for HP as a Field Engineer we use to fix servers and equipment like this all the the time... It's called a 2 hour service pack. It's true it's not always guaranteed to be fixed then but some of the worlds biggest companies with the most important equipment would either have the parts to fix onsite or nearby. As for the state, well if it wasn't fixed with 4 hours HP had to repay the state. It's pretty messed up considering it could take you 3 1/2 hours just to get there. NY is so messed up anyways.

That's great if it's a hardware issue. However, if it isn't hardware, all the spare parts in the world won't fix it any faster. Just sayin'... :cool:
    Mac mini Server (mid 2011): 2GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB 1333 MHz DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 3000 512MB
    OS X El Capitan 10.11.2
This discussion has been closed.