test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unscheduled/Emergency Network Maintenance (May 9, 2013) (Complete!)

Comments

• Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In before the merge
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    cornjobcornjob Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Solution is simple.

1. separate the games.
    2. different server parks for the different games.
    3. stop this TRIBBLE with merging mail etc with the perfect world accounts.

totally separate the game so that one game does not affect the other game.

easy.

I think we ALL know who to blame..... CHAMPIONS. Kill it already. CoH is dead and gone and still a better hero-sim than CO will ever be.

I'm joking of course I like Champions. I need something to keep my sports illustrated from getting blown around by my desk fan. Or anti cat projectile. Or drink coaster.
  • Options
    spearhawk2013spearhawk2013 Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm laughing my head off at how many of you complainers don't even speak English well enough to know what unscheduled means.

Complaining about the time "chosen" for "unscheduled" maintenance. I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask a bunch of you to leave the interwebz. It's not for you.

I find your remarks disturbing.
    Should all the non-english people leave STO and NW guess what would happen.
    There would be no game for you to play. Imagine that....
    Would you pay 20-30 or 100 dollars a month to compensate for the loss of players who would leave?

stop being a ignorant redneck
  • Options
    decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    alarikun wrote: »
    Indeed! We should get nothing, and like it. It's a F2P MMORPG. You're paying nothing (unless you want to), and they're providing you a game to play.

Carry on.

If you have a sub, to me they should add up all this down time and give it as free time for them. However if like myself you are f2p you should get nothing, as it is play time we are talking here.

Yes f2p players have put money into the game, I have bought points myself, however they are still going to be there, as are the items we bought with them.
  • Options
    xsxbxelementalxsxbxelemental Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well i think there is better time say 2 am to 5 am when the server arnt full waiting to be played and as for the paying or payed member should recieve compensation due to the fact you guys are out all the time and it is a service we pay to play om demand
  • Options
    mrlizardomrlizardo Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I know I know. Server maintenance is a nuisance. But for all the criticism being leveled here about Cryptic, I always take solace in one fact.

At least they're not NCsoft.

Remember those guys? The ones that slaughtered City of X for no valid reason? Think about it.
    sarkasmo_by_spacepope13-d9rcbjs.jpg

"You seem to have gotten some of your blood in my raktajino. This is unfortunate."
  • Options
    ussdelphin2ussdelphin2 Member Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nothing, its a MMO and F2P, if you pay its by choice, It does not matter what people think about the downtime, they are free to try other MMO's if they are not happy with this one.
    How I picture a lot of the forumites :P
  • Options
    lake1771lake1771 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    **insert QQ here..
  • Options
    clawoforcoclawoforco Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    C'mon guys its obvious what happened .... They revived the old hamsters earlier in the week and the guys in the pet shop just phoned to say the Super Hamsters have just shipped in !
  • Options
    jameskirkejameskirke Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Try and think Positive!!

Maybe they're setting up a Cool new Weekend Event for us All! Something Awesome! Something Cool! Hence the additional down time on Thursday. ;)

Crossing my Fingers
    "To boldly go where no man has gone before."
  • Options
    erathielerathiel Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    On last maintenance they said there will not be any maintenance on thursday but I knew that we can't trust when they said there will not make it today and I see I'm right about it.

I hope after this maintenance we will not see any server crash anymore before or after 21th
  • Options
    rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lake1771 wrote: »
    **insert QQ here..

Waaahhh, I'm out of milk.....
  • Options
    borgressistanceborgressistance Member Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    first off, neverwinter have its own server,it doesnt share the same server as sto.so for everyone saying neverwinter needs its own server, thats not treu.

i'm an enterprise administrator in a company,so i know my share of pc's and servers.

first off, a normal (windows 2008 r2 for example) server, needs a couple minute's to shut down safely,this is to prevent data losst,and crashing the programs and running service's.
    this is a complex situation, wich take time, after the server saved all the data, it disconnects each primairy service one by one, until it finally shutsdown,i'm talking about a normal server, that doesnt need to update.

a game server,like the sto server, got far more data to save,and for more service's to disconnect safely, before it shutsdown.

server maintenance can be different things, a update for software/drivers, replacing a hardware part,it can be many different things.

when a server reboots, it does almost the same as shuting down, but reversed, it loads its primairy service's one by one, then most server check themselfs, does part a response to part b, and so on,after a own "security check"its gonna load all the data and game's.

only shutting down and rebooting a (game)server can take 30 mins,for booting and shuttingdown, so be happy they do their maintenance, and take the time for it.

or then can rush it,but dont be mad that you loose youre reputation system progress, or that youre brand new zen ship disappears,thanks to lost data.

i know for sure, that i dont wanna have to job they have, keeping the players happy, if they do maintenance its not oke, and when they dont do it, people complain about lag and demand a fix for it.
    tis does not apply to everyone, but we all know that there are some people who do that.
    and if someone here thinks he/she can do a better job as the people there themselfs, why dont try it? i bet you run away in a state of total madness after 2 weeks.

so far my short explanation about servers and miss - behavior, have funn all:D
  • Options
    kreugekreuge Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Oh FFS! I don't usually like to rant or 'go off on one' but seriously?!

It's UNSCEDULED downtime on a friggin GAME.

PLEASE STOP ACTING AS IF CRYPTIC HAVE COMMITTED SOME GREAT CRIME AGAINST HUMANITY!!

For pity's sake, go and read a book (though I wonder if the Great Entitled actually know what a book is anymore) or, god forbid, open that thing in your home called the 'front door' and try doing something that doesn't involve vegetating indoors in front of a computer!

You should take your own advice.
  • Options
    borgattackborgattack Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ef261 wrote: »
    The next time there's a maintenance, can it PLEASE not be right when everyone in the UK is coming home from work, or school? -_-

i agree with this .. got home looking forward to play some sto and then .. nothing :'(
  • Options
    spearhawk2013spearhawk2013 Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Oh FFS! I don't usually like to rant or 'go off on one' but seriously?!

It's UNSCEDULED downtime on a friggin GAME.

PLEASE STOP ACTING AS IF CRYPTIC HAVE COMMITTED SOME GREAT CRIME AGAINST HUMANITY!!

For pity's sake, go and read a book (though I wonder if the Great Entitled actually know what a book is anymore) or, god forbid, open that thing in your home called the 'front door' and try doing something that doesn't involve vegetating indoors in front of a computer!

Go buy a car. then have the engine turn off 3 hours a day. in middle of nowhere. Imagine you then being told to go on a walk while the engine cools off. Imagine how happy you would be then.

yes, I am a gold player, I pay for the game...imagine that
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    erathiel wrote: »
    On last maintenance they said there will not be any maintenance on thursday but I knew that we can't trust when they said there will not make it today and I see I'm right about it.

I hope after this maintenance we will not see any server crash anymore before or after 21th

The Patch and this is two completely different things.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    armistice171armistice171 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I do enjoy the EU players complaining about why the maintenance had to be during peak playing time for them. Many of the players from the EU didn't seem so sympathetic to the US players on Saturday. I just wouldn't expect any sympathy about the current predicament from any of the US players.
  • Options
    maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Und now I pay for zeh folly of not checking zeh Forums before logging in. Was in the middle of a mission and didn't notice any warnings. Cool that they are making changes to deal with outages, but I hope this turns out to be a plus client side and not one of those server is stable but DCs everyone fixes, I will not be futzing with my computer for the sake of one game, not while it works great for everything else.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • Options
    tommyatstarfleettommyatstarfleet Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jameskirke wrote: »
    Try and think Positive!!

Maybe they're setting up a Cool new Weekend Event for us All! Something Awesome! Something Cool! Hence the additional down time on Thursday. ;)

Crossing my Fingers

That would be cool, but right now i would be happy to get to join a fleet and be able to see the characters once in a while when i log in.
  • Options
    swmmrproswmmrpro Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Look , Many of us are monthly members or lifetime members. Honestly with this increasing amount of maintenance it is getting harder and harder to find game time. It seems that you always take the server down. I realize that you are trying to make a better game for us to enjoy, but come on..... we know it should not have to be like this.

So maybe you can meet us in the middle somewhere I am not saying Refund, and I know that this is a supply and demand situation, but you know little giving from your end would really kinda boost moral......

Think about it, maybe you guys can add an extra special deal for us or maybe a special gift for all of our patients through these trying times of constant maintenance.

We love the game or we would not be here, but there is no need to take advantage of us.... "give and you shall receive".
  • Options
    cenellcenell Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What exactly is the problem that seems to be eluding the dev team? I mean "server optimization"? what does that mean? and why? seems quite a few people here at least would like some kind of answer for their time, and for some it is PAID time, as in subscribers/lifers. the only compensation i would like to see is 30 days of game time being exactly that, not 29 or 28 because the game un unplayable due to "server optimization"
  • Options
    a19spectrea19spectre Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pierzy wrote: »
    Time is dilithium Cryptic. We should be compensated, 500 free dilithium per hour of downtime.

hmmm......interesting point.
  • Options
    srafaoraspsrafaorasp Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    for those of you who are unable to read behind the redacted lines your brain puts in. i will help you.

We will be bringing down all Cryptic games

this has nothing to do with STO. it is most likely hardware upgrades, adding more server etc
    things that only can be done wile the servers are down. I know it sucks. but in order to maintain up-time you need down time. and when you have unexpected down time. (like we had early this week) you invest more down time in hope it does not happen again.

now can we stop acting like crack addicts please?

oh and. down time is part of any MMO. the only time you get compensated for downtime is if it lasts days in one stretch

from the TOS http://www.perfectworld.com/about/terms
    18. Interruption of Service

(a) PWE reserves the right to interrupt the Service from time to time on a regularly scheduled basis or otherwise with or without prior notice in order to perform maintenance. You agree that PWE will not be liable for any interruption of the Service, delay or failure to perform resulting from any causes whatsoever.
    (b) You acknowledge that the Service may be interrupted for reasons beyond the control of PWE, and PWE cannot guarantee that you will be able to access the Services or your Account whenever you may wish to do so. PWE shall not be liable for any interruption of the Services, delay or failure to perform resulting from any causes whatsoever.
    (c) PWE has the right at any time with or without reason to change and/or eliminate any aspect(s) of the Services as it sees fit in its sole discretion.
    (d) PWE is not be obligated to refund all or any portion of any Account fee (if any), by reason of any interruption of the Services by reason of any of the circumstances described in paragraph (a) or (b).
  • Options
    fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Those complaining should really be forced to work in a company that provides mmos to a self-righteous hate mob for a year.
  • Options
    wargillwargill Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I thought the Thursday maintenance was done when the server crashed on Monday? Whats really going on?
    Give me all your latinum... Hew-mon!!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    in before the merge
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    rabbit261rabbit261 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    great playing the game and working on a mission and than "star trek is closed for maintenance at this time" nice going.
    send mail ingame to everbody one day before the maintenance so everbody that is not reading the forum also now that there is going to be maintenance and that it is better not to start a new mission.

Now i can start the mission over again while i was working on the last part of it.

Well don poeple, NOT :mad::mad:
  • Options
    milen93milen93 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fix the description on the front page from "(1600-1800 UTC)" to (1600-1900)
  • Options
    kirkepsilon1kirkepsilon1 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hehe they have activated the ECH Emergency Cryptic Hologram the servers are now yours :P lol
This discussion has been closed.