test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unscheduled/Emergency Network Maintenance (May 9, 2013) (Complete!)

Comments

• lored2deathlored2death Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have been a STO player since Day 1 of launch. I went out and spent $60 to buy the game. I have seen many issues but not this many since the first week of launch. I'm not happy with the issues but the fact that for most of the 3+ years have not been bad with issues. Yes Cryptic tends to be a little slow on fixing issues, but at least they address them and acknowledge them. I won't threaten to leave but I do think players who pay should be compensated in some form, even if its just a rare tribble, dilithium, zen, whatever. Unscheduled or not, Cryptic does need to fix the server issue for good somehow. With LoR and Neverwinter launches nearing, can't bode well for those who really enjoy the game.

How about they give us a Tribble that doesn't do anything. That reward would fit the circumstances, lol.

Tribble-Dow (Downtime), Tribble-Rub (Rubberband) and Tribble-Lag (self-explainatory)
  • georgeorwingeorgeorwin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

Emergency network maintenance is going really well. Our teams are moving incredibly fast to get you back in-game! Thanks for your support.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Thanks for keeping us in the know, Bran!
  • scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    *remembers something about a promise to take care of maintenance during the previous downtime so that there would be no downtime on Thursday* my failing memory or a faulty promise?

Neither, which is why it is Unscheduled / Emergency Maintenance.

Would you rather they tell you about a down time for about three hours now or wait and have another unannounced downtime for about six hours later?
  • jameskirkejameskirke Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Regardless, I am Still leaning towards and hoping for a New Weekend Event!! Maybe even bring 'Q' back for the weekend... ;)

Still crossing fingers...
    "To boldly go where no man has gone before."
  • wargillwargill Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I know this great lil takeaway in town... You're buying!

I'd gladly pay you Tuesday for an eggroll today :P
    Give me all your latinum... Hew-mon!!
  • scbypwrscbypwr Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    WTF....what happened to the ****ing mainteneance on tuesday!

YOu guys ****ing suck!
  • wargillwargill Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

Emergency network maintenance is going really well. Our teams are moving incredibly fast to get you back in-game! Thanks for your support.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Liar, liar pants on fire...
    Give me all your latinum... Hew-mon!!
  • georgeorwingeorgeorwin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    scbypwr wrote: »
    WTF....what happened to the ****ing mainteneance on tuesday!

YOu guys ****ing suck!

I think someone's mommy didn't buy them ice-cream today
  • tom40stom40s Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    oh yah a lifer and have spent hundreds of dollars opening lock boxes.
  • snakeswar2snakeswar2 Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    several maintinances and downtimes within a week and its less than 2 weeks before lor its not going that good right now for them trying to bring back people for lor but if today is needed its good
  • romeowhiskey4romeowhiskey4 Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Hahah! Thanking us for our support....

What he ACTUALLY meant to say was -

For the love of God stop whining! It was unexpected and we are fixing it! Stop moaning and be patient! You will get your fix soon enough! Christ almighty! you'd think that we had just cut your arm off, stolen your car and had intercourse with your grandparents!

*middle finger*,

Brandon

:D
  • thunderhawk101thunderhawk101 Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    -Returns with moar popcorn to watch the idiotic raging and laugh- Almost as entertaining as being able to play the game.
    erei1 wrote: »
    I enjoy this kind of thread. It's like farting in the air to fight the wind. It's poetic, childish and completely useless.
  • decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Who's whining? :P Hint: Look in the mirror.
    i am i f2player, but even i buy zen, i dont do it always, but i think i spend a total of 400 euro on zen, in the year i play,so not every f2player doesnt add to the pool, maybe we dont add as much as the lifers/goldie's, but some try to help out, just a thought tho.

However we haven't lost money where play time is concerned, what we have bought will still be there when things are up and running again.

Those who pay a regular subscription however have lost palytime and if in the EU this is peak time so maybe the only play time they have. To me everyone who pays a sub should get all the down time added up and creditted to their account.

-
    edited May 2013

For the love of God stop whining! It was unexpected and we are fixing it! Stop moaning and be patient! You will get your fix soon enough! Christ almighty! you'd think that we had just cut your arm off, stolen your car and had intercourse with your grandparents!

*middle finger*,

Brandon

^This. Oh so much this... lol.
    I enjoy this kind of thread. It's like farting in the air to fight the wind. It's poetic, childish and completely useless.
  • xapocalypseponyxxapocalypseponyx Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So, what's your problem with Cryptic exactly?
    Can you not go outside and have a beer with your friends, smoke a joint, play ball.. things you can do when there's noting to do at home?

I don't always play games. But when I do, I play STO. That is, when I have time. And it's not broken.

Stay Cryptic my friends.
  • naval10naval10 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I hope this time the laging we've been having be solved...
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    -Returns with moar popcorn to watch the idiotic raging and laugh- Almost as entertaining as being able to play the game.

It's like Ker'rat offline, quite entertaining indeed.
  • maverickdude05maverickdude05 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

*middle finger*,

Brandon

Ha! Truth.
  • pec3pec3 Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wargill wrote: »
    uh its 9:30am in California buddy... last time I looked at a map that is America and I would venture to say that 9:30am is kinda day time.

I know that stinks for a lot of people, even there in US, when sever is offline. Criptic with this are making only more demage to all people because they can not play in there free time.

I work from 8 am to 4 pm, in 5 PM I am at home, and now it is near 7 PM. By this time I would do a lot of stuff online. I now I can not. This only makes me want to leave this game.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
  • romeowhiskey4romeowhiskey4 Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wargill wrote: »
    I'd gladly pay you Tuesday for an eggroll today :P

What IS an eggroll? In the UK our dim sum is deep fried...ruins the flavour! I think Chinese takeaways in the UK are lazy anyway....
  • sonoframonsonoframon Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Chomping on pork rinds and diet pepsi...
    WELL IF THE JAPORI INCIDENT HAS TAUGHT ME ANYTHING, IT'S THAT MY EXISTENCE IS AN EXPLOIT. THANKS CRYPTIC.

IF YOU ARE READING MY SIG - THEN YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG
  • knochengeigerknochengeiger Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I wish they were as good with server stability as they are with irony and sarcasm :D
    We want to keep the foundry.
  • whoami2whoami2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So how many times did it go down in 5 days!!!!!!!!!
  • th3bu1ittth3bu1itt Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Since this is becoming almost a regular occurance, how about you just plan in 3 hours of maintenance per day, every day, until it's fixed?

Ontop of that you can of course have actual 'emergency maintenance' when the server starts acting up or goes down, but this really is starting to get ridicilous.

Personally I would rather have more frequent maintenance, as long as it's planned and I know about it beforehand, rather than these 'emergencies' which then last for hours anyway.

^this, just take it down every day and do your maintenence its gonna start needing it pretty soon the way its going.
  • tommyatstarfleettommyatstarfleet Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It will be back up soon ppl
  • carcharodon1975carcharodon1975 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have been playing (and paying for) this game for over 3 years now,and let me tell you this without sugarcoating it.....more "scheduled emergency maintenance" will take place before,on and after May 21,that's a given.Now you can do one of two things....1: Expect it to happen,relax and maybe play another game while the servers are down.....or 2: Get mad,go on the forums and rage like a lunatic,pop a vein and off you go to the hospital for your own "emergency maintenance".

Either way the servers will still be down....
    The PWE/Cryptic sweatshop...not where the game is made,but where the game is played!

Take back your home,end the grind!

Volunteer moderators policing the forums is like a mall cop trying to solve a murder.
  • general1devongeneral1devon Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited May 2013

*middle finger*,

Brandon

^This. Oh so much this... lol.

I Second this
    I have been playing (and paying for) this game for over 3 years now,and let me tell you this without sugarcoating it.....more "scheduled emergency maintenance" will take place before,on and after May 21,that's a given.Now you can do one of two things....1: Expect it to happen,relax and maybe play another game while the servers are down.....or 2: Get mad,go on the forums and rage like a lunatic,pop a vein and off you go to the hospital for your own "emergency maintenance".

Either way the servers will still be down....

I also Second this
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    coupaholic wrote: »
    It's like Ker'rat offline, quite entertaining indeed.

IKR? This right here is a trolls paradise.
  • captainleavittcaptainleavitt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was gonna play sto, but I got high. I was gonna earn some romulan marks, but I got high. now i'm posting in the forums, and I know why, why man, cause I got high, cause I got high, cause I got higgghhhhh, doo do dodododo.

sorry i'm bored. I really didn't get high although I would like to
  • kamenriderzero1kamenriderzero1 Member Posts: 906 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If this was a once in a blue moon rotuine, that's one thing. but this is like the 5th "emergency" in a week. They're inching ever closer to a whole day of downtime for one week of play. If they were a little more open with what's wrong, they might get a little more sympathy from this crowd.
    Everywhere I look, people are screaming about how bad Cryptic is.
    What's my position?
    That people should know what they're screaming about!
    (paraphrased from "The Newsroom)
This discussion has been closed.