test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tribble Character Wipe Coming Today (Now Complete; thread locked)

Comments

• Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

Tribble patch notes have been posted here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=659371

Tribble is also available, and Klingon gameplay has been unlocked for our Closed Beta testers*!

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

*Please note that it may take up to 24 hours to gain access Klingon character creation if you're in the closed beta.
  • Options
    avitrekavitrek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    xenosisuk wrote: »
    Yeah you could still access the C-Store Z-Store or what ever its called :D

Wierd thing is i had 31000 C-Points on tribble I have no idea how they got on their, I have a theory I am a Lifer (yes my forum posts are messed up can't use the title) but never gt my Stipend of C-points. I think my Stipend has been going to tribble for the last 2/3 years

There was a special period of time (Several years ago) that if you bought C-Points for Holodeck, the same amount was applied to Tribble. But that was a long time ago.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    seakrakkenseakrakken Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Farewell to my Centurion.
    Was fun playing him.
    I have enjoyed doing the closed Beta.
    I do not know enough to understand why it was necessary to wipe the characters but, whatever.:cool:
  • Options
    gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    good by T'est commander of the IRW Haxorz :(
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • Options
    alkeldaalkelda Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I haven't read through all 11 pages so far of comments yet, so it's probably been mentioned already, but the STO page is buggy. I can't copy a Holodeck character to Tribble.
  • Options
    alkeldaalkelda Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seems to me that there is a problem with what Cryptic wants us to do with Tribble.

Test server, so we are to *test* things, which I would think would include high level content.

But, you can't get to high level content without playing on Tribble a lot, unless Cryptic adds some 'level up' mechanic, or 'high level gear giver' for more than just the current 'test' stuff like the Tholian/Nukara gear.

And the zen ships are all either - cost, so can't be bought, or unless you have grandfathered in zen, you have no Tribble zen to buy them, so they can't be 'tested'.

Reputation projects: you either have to grind New Romulus/Tau Dewa sector patrol daily to get the romulan marks, or Defari to get the Omega marks, since you will *never* get to play an STF or fleet action on Tribble except maybe during the very brief Tribble Weekend.

So, without giving us the high end Romulan/omega gear for free again, that stuff is out. So much for 'testing' its effect with Romulans and all.

Duty officers: stuck at 100 perminently cap, since you can't buy the expansion to 200-400.

The only option is to copy over a character with that stuff, from Holodeck, which would not be a Romulan, which is what we are supposed to be testing, right?

Fleets...with the wipe, all gone. I doubt anyone will bother making any more fleets for Tribble now, and if so, ever putting any effort into building them up. So much for testing like fleet gear and ships for Romulans.

I know, I rambled. But I'm just trying to work through the inconsistency here...and not managing well.
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm not going to mention the Darth Vader "NOOOOO" meme because that would be blasphemy to everything Star Trek.

D'oh!
  • Options
    bberge1701bberge1701 Member Posts: 726 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2013
    In preparation for an upcoming patch to the Tribble Test Server, as well as Open Beta (to be announced very soon), we will be performing a character wipe on Tribble today.

"Doctor! Even I, a half-Vulcan, could hear the death scream of four hundred Vulcan minds crying out over the distance between us."
    -- Spock, The Immunity Syndrome

By my reckoning, we're about due for a Tribble Test Weekend. :)
  • Options
    rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Upside, I can now make the Orion I've been thinking of making.

His name will be Numfar.
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
  • Options
    mattjcasemattjcase Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well, Cryptic better give me back my zen points I have spent on my character. I spent about 9000 zen points. I highly doubt it thou.:(
  • Options
    movodormovodor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A little warning would have been better. Just something to think of next time.

-An Annoyed Anteater
  • Options
    robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That is a shame. I kinda liked my toon from the s5 test. She didn't exist on holo.
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Target Tribble....FIRE THE LASER!!!!

IMMA FIRIN MAH LAZAR!
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    are you wiping the account banks?
  • Options
    sirsrisirsri Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Might have been nice if you'd just fried the romulan characters. Some of us had a couple of characters we leveled for previous seasons on tribble that wouldn't seem to need to be offed.

Still, it's a test server it's not a big deal, it just lacks finesse.
  • Options
    northstar121403northstar121403 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I understand it but, still....Grrrrrrr!!:mad:
    Making Borg go *BOOM* since May 2010

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    captwilhelmcaptwilhelm Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I understand this is necessary. But it makes me sad since I had two characters I leveled from level 1 during the F2P beta test. I really wish there were ways to keep them.
    Pre-forum change name: Captain Wilhelm

Thanks Cryptic for introducing the Kelvin Timeline. It remembered why I decided to never more put any money on this game.
  • Options
    illcadiaillcadia Member Posts: 1,412 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, I'd have really appreciated some warning on this, as I had a tribble toon whom I created to test S4 and have kept since that I would have taken some screenshots for the album of had I known this was imminent. :[
  • Options
    drkangel1stodrkangel1sto Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can't import a toon from holodeck and lost everything I had from before. It is great that we can go all the way up to 50, but having SOMETHING to start with, either from earlier toon or pull from imported toon, would be extremely helpful
  • Options
    argent007argent007 Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    they should have at least been selective in their killing of the toons on Tribble; i had a VA character transferred over to test the romulan plasma flamethrower, and now i'll never be able to test that again....

also had two characters that were there since Crossfire testing....only three romulan-testing-era toons were up; they could nuke those....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    fazemladaiyafazemladaiya Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello Captains,

In preparation for an upcoming patch to the Tribble Test Server, as well as Open Beta (to be announced very soon), we will be performing a character wipe on Tribble today.

While we don't do this often, it is required for today's maintenance to clean up existing Romulan characters that would become unplayable due to today's patch. THERE WILL NOT BE A CHARACTER WIPE ON HOLODECK WHEN WE LAUNCH LEGACY OF ROMULUS.

You will still be able to import your Holodeck characters after this is completed, and players who are in our Closed Beta will be able to create a new Romulan and/or Klingon* character. We will be opening up full Romulan and Klingon* missions, episodes, events and level 1-50 progression with today's patch to our Closed Beta participants.

[Attention Tribble Foundry Authors!] All Foundry Missions on Tribble will also be deleted in this maintenance. THERE WILL NOT BE A FOUNDRY MISSION WIPE ON HOLODECK WHEN WE LAUNCH LEGACY OF ROMULUS.

Thanks for your understanding, and we sincerely appreciate all of the feedback and bug reports received thus far. We look forward to reading the new reports that are received after today's patch.

We'll see you on Tribble!

-The Star Trek Online Team

----

*UPDATE! *Klingon creation and gameplay has been unlocked, but please note that it may take up to 24 hours to gain access Klingon character creation if you're in the closed beta.

ok so a fleet mate of mine had a beta invite but now he can not make a romulan character like he never had the invite. what about those players?

EDIT: nevermind he restarted tribble and everything showed up for him now
  • Options
    qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Once again, a test server gets wiped and the usual hilarity ensues. All the QQ from the folks who don't comprehend the "can be wiped at any time without prior notice" that generally goes along with it. And since nothing can (or should ever) be copied to live... what difference does it make? You could do NOTHING to save the characters. They were dead, whether you got 10 minutes or 10 weeks notice. Costumes lost? Plan ahead next time. If you didn't know better before, you do now.
    dgbgfnkqi05e.png
  • Options
    riclarriclar Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Anyone else lose their Tribble Characters on May 7, 2013? Not happy here!!!
  • Options
    phantomeightphantomeight Member Posts: 567 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yea its funny to read all the QQ about not being able to test certain items or whatever because toons are gone... I leveled a toon completely during F2P beta... but eh... oh well. I knew it would happen one day.
  • Options
    lobstercatlobstercat Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same here after the May 7 update - all tribble characters including the new romulan have been lost.

Not happy Jan....:mad:
  • Options
    cyberman42cyberman42 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yea its funny to read all the QQ about not being able to test certain items or whatever because toons are gone....

this^^^^^^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They will be wiped due to characters being wiped.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

While I really don't have a problem with the wipe, some thought should have gone into what happens to the data. It's now going to take months again to get our starbases & embassies back to where they were. I would like to make a couple of suggestions:

• All characters on Tribble automatically join a default Tribble fleet built by PWE.
    • If we want to create our own fleet, they should be equipped with the maximum starbase and embassy levels/capabilities.
  • Options
    szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,724 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    /nod, this is completely understandable.

With all the changes, I imagine it would create a lot of issues/bug reports that don't apply to the actual experience.

I am going to miss my old Radiant Plasma torp, but hopefully there's a new version of it available.
This discussion has been closed.