test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tribble Character Wipe Coming Today (Now Complete; thread locked)

Comments

• Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    By open beta starting soon does taht mean it will will start with the conclusion of this down time :rolleyes::P

I would say within the next week or so , but I could be incorrect
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Really I worked so hard on my tribble Romulan and now its gone sad day.

Never work harder on a test server toon then what you are willing to test if you want to test the higher tier ships and mission then level up and test them.

But if you intend on establishing a long term toon on a test server then be reminded that wipes happen im surprised this has not happened before now
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Aah, just when I got the D'Deridex to test it. The servers went down just as I entered the first fight in it. Guess I won't be able to find out how much of a problem the 5 turn rate is.

But sure, wipes should be part of Tribble, just as basically illimited access to items/ships/...
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    dcblackmandcblackman Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I believe this is the first time you've ever done a character wipe on tribble. I have a character there that I created for the season four (?) test of the DOffing system. Where we needed to get to fifty for some rewards... He has a LOT of stuff... I am now sad. :(

Nope Pre F2P there also was a character Wipe
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Ya Jupiter Had a T3 fed base on there for testing purposes, helped to test Romulan/Fed Alliance features with an established fleet SB

I am not in a fleet on tribble only on the holodeck ;)
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,172 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    erocker wrote: »
    I've had a character on Tribble for years! No big deal though, I'm surprised a wipe hasn't come sooner. It is a test server afterall.

Same. I'm a smidge sad my Tribble only character that I made when they had the deal to level them to 50 for F2P I think it was will be no more, but honestly, its not like I ever really used him, other than to compare with my Holodeck copy.

But this is the nature of test servers, things break and need to be wiped.

RIP Xer, T'Rex, C'Tan, your sacrifice shall not be in vain! I swear it! :D
  • Options
    captinsickocaptinsicko Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i have about an hour play and i have to hit the sack as i have work in the morning so how long this gonna take
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    By open beta starting soon does taht mean it will will start with the conclusion of this down time :rolleyes::P

Probably early next week would be my guess, Monday or Tuesday. With the 18th-19th as a test reward weekend.
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What part of Test servers don't some of you get, they could wipe Tribble anytime whenever they want.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    rextorvan36rextorvan36 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    usscapital wrote: »
    I would say within the next week or so , but I could be incorrect

I dont think you are. Round II of the beta should start this week and open beta in the week prior to release has been mentioned as well.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I dont think you are. Round II of the beta should start this week and open beta in the week prior to release has been mentioned as well.

well knowing cryptic "soon" could mean anything tbh :P
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    olocancom#0595 olocancom Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm bummed you're killing my characters. I've had a toon since S3 testing and would have appreciated some sort of notice to copy his build. Better yet. Let me take him to holodeck.
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The only inconvenience for me is that I have to play all the low level Romulan stuff again to help test the higher levels now. :o
  • Options
    avitrekavitrek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    With the Tribble wipe going down, will the Zen/C-Points I have spent on Tribble be refunded so that I may re-use it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    savron1savron1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What about Tribble Fleets?
    Good question MidniteShadadow7!! If you make a new fleet on Tribble, can I join?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    You will still be able to import your Holodeck characters after this is completed, and players who are in our Closed Beta will be able to create a new Romulan and/or Klingon* character. We will be opening up full Romulan and Klingon* missions, episodes, events and level 1-50 progression with today's patch to our Closed Beta participants.

We'll see you on Tribble!

-The Star Trek Online Team

----

*Klingon creation and gameplay may not be unlocked at the same exact time that Tribble comes back up, but we will message when it does.

Round II if i read this right

I think round II is about to begin
  • Options
    bombadier2bombadier2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am chief tactical officer for my fleet on holodeck (287th star armada) every tuesday I produce a tactical report on each lockbox or lobi ship on STO, I use tribble to get those ships, on tribble I test them out and produce a report, 1 ship per week. SINCE YOU ARE WIPING MY ACCOUNT OVER THERE can you please make the kumari set part of the experimental ships bit on ESD so I can test them out, produce a report on weather or not it is worth getting? Please? And maybe some other ships, like the vulcan one? Infact can you just give me about a million zen on tribble so I can test the zen ships out please? I mean what's the harm? Zen is worthless on tribble anc other people have like 30k and don't use it
  • Options
    colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    qjunior wrote: »
    The only inconvenience for me is that I have to play all the low level Romulan stuff again to help test the higher levels now. :o

Maybe this time we can push Tovan out of the shuttle as its taking off!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dem613dem613 Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So since I do not participate in this tribble thing (whatever it's called), will my character be deleted - I am just finishing the Romulan storyline and about to start the Cardassian storyline and I do not want to lose my progress?

Can someone also please explain to me what what these tribble server and holodeck servers are (I hope I have the correct names), and how someone can be a part of it? And what is beta?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Maybe this time we can push Tovan out of the shuttle as its taking off!

Meh i want to blow him out of an airlock so i can see his face as he is sucking vaccum :D
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    dem613 wrote: »
    So since I do not participate in this tribble thing (whatever it's called), will my character be deleted - I am just finishing the Romulan storyline and about to start the Cardassian storyline and I do not want to lose my progress?

Can someone also please explain to me what what these tribble server and holodeck servers are (I hope I have the correct names), and how someone can be a part of it? And what is beta?

Yeah your gonna lose your toon its a full wipe of all characters on tribble
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    avitrek wrote: »
    With the Tribble wipe going down, will the Zen/C-Points I have spent on Tribble be refunded so that I may re-use it?

No becasue money you spend counts only for holodeck

but I think only characters are affected, and not the accounts
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    rdellaripa23rdellaripa23 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    messahla wrote: »
    Meh i want to blow him out of an airlock so i can see his face as he is sucking vaccum :D
    I heard if you get rid of Tovan too soon, they give you Slamek as a replacement. :-D
  • Options
    live4startreklive4startrek Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello Captains,

In preparation for an upcoming patch to the Tribble Test Server, as well as Open Beta (to be announced very soon), we will be performing a character wipe on Tribble today.

While we don't do this often, it is required for today's maintenance to clean up existing Romulan characters that would become unplayable due to today's patch. THERE WILL NOT BE A CHARACTER WIPE ON HOLODECK WHEN WE LAUNCH LEGACY OF ROMULUS.

You will still be able to import your Holodeck characters after this is completed, and players who are in our Closed Beta will be able to create a new Romulan and/or Klingon* character. We will be opening up full Romulan and Klingon* missions, episodes, events and level 1-50 progression with today's patch to our Closed Beta participants.

[Attention Tribble Foundry Authors!] All Foundry Missions on Tribble will also be deleted in this maintenance. THERE WILL NOT BE A FOUNDRY MISSION WIPE ON HOLODECK WHEN WE LAUNCH LEGACY OF ROMULUS.

Thanks for your understanding, and we sincerely appreciate all of the feedback and bug reports received thus far. We look forward to reading the new reports that are received after today's patch.

We'll see you on Tribble!

-The Star Trek Online Team

----

*Klingon creation and gameplay may not be unlocked at the same exact time that Tribble comes back up, but we will message when it does.

So when is the server coming back up (Holodeck)??? I do not see a time frame listed...

V/R

1 of 21, 14 of 21, 15 of 21, (Collective, UFP)
    4 of 21, 5 of 21, K'Vosh, (Collective KDF)
    V'Lor, V'Larin, V'Laris, (IDIC Hailtra)
    Kara (9th Tac)
    1 of 21, 14 of 21, 15 of 21, (Collective, UFP)
    4 of 21, 5 of 21, K'Vosh, (Collective KDF)
    V'Lor, V'Larin, V'Laris, (IDIC Hailtra)
    Kara (9th Tac)
  • Options
    sampa4sampa4 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dem613 wrote: »

The Tribble server is merely the test server so users can test out new updates prior to their integration on the main server (Holodeck).
  • Options
    ussmysticoneussmysticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What about Tribble Fleets?

REALLY....

If all characters are wiped and they decided to keep fleets, HOW WOULD ANYONE GET INVITED TO THE FLEETS???? no characters would be in them fleets
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I heard if you get rid of Tovan too soon, they give you Slamek as a replacement. :-D

:eek: .....YESS!!! now im gonna make tovan suck vaccum for sure....so i can play target practice with dear ole slamek :D
  • Options
    alikainalikain Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Mr Brandon do you mean every single characters on tribble.
    "You ask why we give our ships computer normal emotions. Do you really want a warship incapable of loyalty?"
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    alikain wrote: »
    Mr Brandon do you mean every single characters on tribble.

All of them will be exterminated
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    jonathanlonehawkjonathanlonehawk Member Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dcblackman wrote: »
    Nope Pre F2P there also was a character Wipe

Yeah, that's right... but still, that's 1.5 years without a wipe, the server must've been getting crusty :D
    Formerly Known as Protector from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    STOSIG.png
    Please enable us to buy a token with Zen to faction change a 25th Century FED to a TOS FED.
This discussion has been closed.