test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tribble Character Wipe Coming Today (Now Complete; thread locked)

Comments

• Options
    redshirtthefirstredshirtthefirst Member Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    *shrugs* it's a test server... character wipes, been there, done that...
    Server not responding (1701 s)
  • Options
    drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited May 2013
    Wonder if this Foundry wipe means some Foundry changes? Might be too much to hope for.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • Options
    messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Yup this happens on test servers not uncommon and to be expected

Im just glad we will have levels 1-50 on the rom story now :)
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wonder if c-store unlocks and such will be wiped too.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    smazazelsmazazel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wait what about all the character c-store unlocks? we will get a zen bump to our tribble accounts??
  • Options
    captaindarius8captaindarius8 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    its a pity.... my tribble tac officer was my only connection to the old season six... i will miss it...R.I.P SEASON 6!!!
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Exterminate! Exterminate! Exterminate! Exterminate! Exterminate!
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello Captains,

In preparation for an upcoming patch to the Tribble Test Server, as well as Open Beta (to be announced very soon), we will be performing a character wipe on Tribble today.

While we don't do this often, it is required for today's maintenance to clean up existing Romulan characters that would become unplayable due to today's patch. THERE WILL NOT BE A CHARACTER WIPE ON HOLODECK WHEN WE LAUNCH LEGACY OF ROMULUS.

You will still be able to import your Holodeck characters after this is completed, and players who are in our Closed Beta will be able to create a new Romulan and/or Klingon* character. We will be opening up full Romulan and Klingon* missions, episodes, events and level 1-50 progression with today's patch to our Closed Beta participants.

[Attention Tribble Foundry Authors!] All Foundry Missions on Tribble will also be deleted in this maintenance. THERE WILL NOT BE A FOUNDRY MISSION WIPE ON HOLODECK WHEN WE LAUNCH LEGACY OF ROMULUS.

Thanks for your understanding, and we sincerely appreciate all of the feedback and bug reports received thus far. We look forward to reading the new reports that are received after today's patch.

We'll see you on Tribble!

-The Star Trek Online Team

----

*Klingon creation and gameplay may not be unlocked at the same exact time that Tribble comes back up, but we will message when it does.

Just so I understand, ALL characters, regardless of faction, will be deleted yes?
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
  • Options
    strorusstrorus Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    usscapital wrote: »
    why no warning this was going to happen ? , I have funds on 3 toons that will be lost and taken a year to get . I for one will not start a new rom char if we loose everything when this has taken place , not on with the lack of warning as I could have put the funds in the account bank on tribble . who makes this plans to do this ?

It is just a test server, why invest so much in to Tribble Toons?:eek:
  • Options
    dlsilencedlsilence Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    drogyn1701 wrote: »
    Wonder if this Foundry wipe means some Foundry changes? Might be too much to hope for.

Though a complete overhaul to the Foundry to resemble the far superior version that was put out with Neverwinter would be amazing. I think if we got that version, they could wipe the foundry missions we have currently and not too many would be upset. Maybe some authors.. but they should be overjoyed to recreate it with better options.
  • Options
    rextorvan36rextorvan36 Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If it goes with the character stuff, my answer would be yes, but I'm a little too excited about the full Romulan unlock that's coming.
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    strorus wrote: »
    It is just a test server, why invest so much in to Tribble Toons?:eek:

I test things a lot :rolleyes:
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    messahla wrote: »
    Im just glad we will have levels 1-50 on the rom story now :)
    Honestly? I'm not gonna bother testing more than ~15 levels. I'll just go pass the alliance thing and test doffs a bit. I want to save the rest when things go live and I don't really want to grind everything yet again on Tribble.

Although some free special XP boosts for testers would have been nice... just sayin'...
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • Options
    strorusstrorus Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All this C-Store this, EC that, this is a Test server guys... get a grip. :D
  • Options
    f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Yeap ... First rule of a test server ... be prepared to red shirt your toons for flushing at any point.

I'm ready to test to level 50. :)
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • Options
    erockererocker Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've had a character on Tribble for years! No big deal though, I'm surprised a wipe hasn't come sooner. It is a test server afterall.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    midniteshadow7midniteshadow7 Member Posts: 787 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They will be wiped due to characters being wiped.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Thought as much, just wanted to confirm.

Just one more thing about those Fleets... will we be able to use the same name we had before on tribble or will they be locked out?
  • Options
    sdkraustsdkraust Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can you please re-enable to ability to purchase foundry character slots?
  • Options
    messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    suaveks wrote: »
    Honestly? I'm not gonna bother testing more than ~15 levels. I'll just go pass the alliance thing and test doffs a bit. I want to save the rest when things go live and I don't really want to grind everything yet again on Tribble.

Although some free special XP boosts for testers would have been nice... just sayin'...

Since i usually play KDF on the holodeck im gonna run a Fed toon on tribble this way i will still get a surprise when i start a real KDF rom on the holodeck the 21st :)
  • Options
    picard99picard99 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Patch now when everything is offline anyway :)
  • Options
    tc10btc10b Member Posts: 1,549 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Pretty sure that account banks will be wiped as well as part of the wipe. You would have lost it all anyway.

That's why it's a test and not really worth playing seriously on, that's what Holodeck is for.

Bring forth the wipe, for the betterment of Tribble.

(Just make sure you remember to feed the hamsters)
  • Options
    futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good thing I saved my costumes :D
  • Options
    ghlaghgheeghlaghghee Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I haz a sad.
  • Options
    dlsilencedlsilence Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    why no warning this was going to happen ? , I have funds on 3 toons that will be lost and taken a year to get . I for one will not start a new rom char if we loose everything when this has taken place , not on with the lack of warning as I could have put the funds in the account bank on tribble . who makes this plans to do this ?

The warning of this comes in the fine print of it being a server with the sole intention of testing, it is not the actual game. If you enjoyed testing on Tribble, then you should probably just look into playing the real game. :confused:
  • Options
    mustachemavmustachemav Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    question what about tribble z points? i had 10k+ for testing purposes built up on there. I know some that had tons more than that?
    Facebook | STOked Radio
    Twitter | @STOkedshow
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dlsilence wrote: »
    If you enjoyed testing on Tribble, then you should probably just look into playing the real game. :confused:

I do I have 4 level 50 toons and a tier 3 fleet ;)
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    crazyestrobbiecrazyestrobbie Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Really I worked so hard on my tribble Romulan and now its gone sad day.
  • Options
    belldandy01belldandy01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    By open beta starting soon does taht mean it will will start with the conclusion of this down time :rolleyes::P
  • Options
    colonelchenchuancolonelchenchuan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    NOOOOOO. I wont have a cape. I feel naked without my cape!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mustachemavmustachemav Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I do I have 4 level 50 toons and a tier 3 fleet ;)
    Ya Jupiter Had a T3 fed base on there for testing purposes, helped to test Romulan/Fed Alliance features with an established fleet SB
    Facebook | STOked Radio
    Twitter | @STOkedshow
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.