Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (May 4, 2013)

Comments

• Options
    sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 900 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Q wrote: »
    I know that you're probably asking yourself, "Why would a brilliant, handsome, dashingly omnipotent being like Q want to converse with a scrawny little bipedal specimen like me?" Who ever can answer that question bests gets a prize. It could be good. It could be bad. You'll have to play to find out.

Because even Q can be rownry.... He is so ROWRY. :D

(that emoticon was only intended to be a smile... nothing else intended.)
  • Options
    hotkillerzhotkillerz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Can we just burn q? every time he shows up there is trouble.
  • Options
    mazerunnermazerunner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Q is here mainly to help us hit 200...

We didn't manage to do it on the previous two threads regarding "unexpected interruptions to our daily discourse in ESD".

Now that he's through punting Pakleds.
    MazeRunner

"Reason notwithstanding, the Universe continues unabated."
  • Options
    sapyrothsapyroth Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So I was discussing some things with some peeps over VOIP and I came to the conclusion that I might as well post some really annoying bugs on the BUG forum section. I checked if anyone else had put those there and nope... None were mentioned so I wanted to post them and I realized that I can't post anything besides in the top sections.. Unbelievable.. And I wanted to be helpful.

Why can't I post anywhere else??? :confused:
  • Options
    sternusssternuss Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    awwwwww man.......now i NEED orange crush :(
  • Options
    wildchild8wildchild8 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ok so they moved my thread here. cool beans... i acutally wasnt being sarcastic with my post...

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=9676481&postcount=125

eitherways....

I love STO, and hope the fixes fix stuff, I love my STO pew what makes it good for you? I got other things to do while servers down and have faith in the devs sorting schtuff, despite negativity by other captains, its very easy to moan on forums, so lets have a nice maintenance time.

Rocking a good CSE with amazing time to spare? YUS! getting a nice quality pug v pug in PVP and getting a great game YUS!

having to grind omega rep and rom rep again on our soon to be new rom toons... not so much... but such is life.... any chance of a +rom marks on rom missions to save my badass top level FED/KLINK/ROM toon chasing wabbits all day? (admittedly an easy mission but c'mon slightly below par for a Vice Admiral to be lowering himself/herself/itself too)

I hate levelling toons, and while i love the new content testing on tribble, I would actually pay 1000zen to unlock a new toon straight to VA(or Equiv) rather then have to level + go through rep again and again...

ok, ok, back to positives (although my other points are more feedback then negatives...)

entertaining forums and chat. for all the naysayers and droppy drawers in game ( minority) there's always a light at the end of the tunnel that settles a dodgy arguement so we can all get on and have fun.

Actually while im here with nothing better to do, can i request a cool idea for a KDF BOP 3 PACK as outlined here...

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=8224231&postcount=1

eh what else? LOVE the new UI for S8, dont mind the naysayers i think its cool, and thanks for fixing the clock ( you did right? I only read patch notes for tribble but being able to see what ungodly hour im still playing is always nice)

Love the Rom uniforms. Liking the idea of Rom's as rogues despite any allies made, whoever they're helping will be to their own ends anyways....

MOGAI! yus! sounds bad TRIBBLE, 14 turn or not, I LIKES IT! d'deridex.... not a crusier guy but can see why people are not happy campers with 2 tac consoles..... always seen it as a bit of a beast, so would imagine even a tac Bortas setup or regent/excelsior retro boff setup, the low turn will keep it balanced cmon.... we'll still buy all the other schuffs.

can i get a public channel mute bug fix? just throwing it out there, yes people shouldnt out themselves in a position that requires muting to begin with but some arent as bad as others and once they chill shouldnt face the possiblity of perma mute on a public channel... as a channel owner it makes my job a nightmare.... and feel terrible when guys get perma muted for something that a 3day mute would fix( that said thankfully its rare we ever have to mute a PESTF'er we got a good bunch of guys on channel 3600+ strong yay!)

more positives why i love STO. support for PVP Boot Camp! great initiative from Sargon supported on the STO blogs, and thanks to all the coaches, guys/girls/its and PVP fleets that helped folk out. I think building more interest in PVP can only be a good thing for STO, just as great foundry missions keep us ticking over PVE wise, great PVP games and knowledge base for players will only drive STO to bigger and better things as we all try to pew lumps out of each other with our fancah ships and gear we work so hard to get.

bit of a wall of text here so i shall leave it there until tomorrow and server is fixed and I can put holes in borgs and schtuff again.

LOVE!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.elitedefensestarfleet.com

/channel_join PublicEliteSTF
    PublicEliteSTF Channel Info: bit.ly/PublicEliteSTFV2
    WE WANT A KDF BOP 3 PACK!!
  • Options
    astro2244astro2244 Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Quite simple Q has nothing better to do, then to cause some sort of mischief on a Saturday night.
    [SIGPIC]583px-Romulan_Star_Empire_logo%2C_2379.svg.png
    [/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    o_O............
  • Options
    rybaksixrybaksix Member Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'll go Sisko...

punch @ Q

:P
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Fine how about we just lock q up with the borg and see if they want to party. unless q is supplying us all with booze
  • Options
    comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I know that you're probably asking yourself, "Why would a brilliant, handsome, dashingly omnipotent being like Q want to converse with a scrawny little bipedal specimen like me?" Who ever can answer that question bests gets a prize. It could be good. It could be bad. You'll have to play to find out.

Easy answer Q!!!!!

Cause you want to see weak humans fight over the prize for fun!!!!!!!
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    pops70pops70 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Captains log stardate 2567.43.wtf.3453556
    Captain Barnaby Snugglemuffin reporting.
    The U.S.S. Lazy Elmo has ventured into the farthest reaches of Federation space. Long range probes can no longer gather information from the known star coordinates. It is up to the crew and this fine vessel to cross into unknown space. I hope that all of this crews accolades thus far prove we are up to the task.

Capt BS: Report commander Fozzeworth!
    Commander William Timmothy Fozzeworth: Sir, we have inched our way towards the edge of unknown space. Our ship is ready to engage warp engines at your command. On this historic moment I want to say for the record...
    Capt BS: Put a sock in it commander. Bridge to engineering, what is the status of this ship?
    Lt.commander Amber Shay Sommers: Captain!!! Our warp core has gone offline and the ship is on auxillary power.
    Capt BS: Bollocks!! Explain yourself woman! Was no one 'watching' the bloody engineering deck?
    Lt.commander TRIBBLE: Well sir, everyone was so busy shining up the TRIBBLE and buttons and whatnot that we took our eyes off the big drivey thing.
    Capt BS: Red Alert!! I will not be pick pocketed this far out into the frontier. Ensign Smasher, scan the immediate vicinity for any anomalies. Include the interior of the ship.
    Ensign Weasle 'tribble tamer' Smasher: Sensors are picking up unusual levels of bloviating particles captain.
    Capt BS: moment of stunned silence....Alrighty then. Everyone hit the racks, we shall replicate a new drive and be on our way shortly.

Please dont ban me, just poking a lil fun.
    Gamer formerly known as Grimbeard. SFC veteran.
  • Options
    overkilltbpoverkilltbp Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And BTW I can handle 1 night of downtime a week just fine, 3 in a row is pushing it.
  • Options
    kpg1usakpg1usa Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Remember, Darth Helmut predicted that even in the future nothing works, especially on May 4th...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfkNvOOiZ_8

Adm. G --Founding member of the 1st Imperial Church of Dark Helmut (Reformed & Non Denominational)
  • Options
    lored2deathlored2death Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ....so we don't feel so alone in the vast solitude of existence. We call that ethereal place Maint. Downtime.

(also, I believe he's here to drop the "elbow from the sky" if anyone gets out of hand)
  • Options
    llywelallywela Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Even an omnipotent being gets bored when the server is down? :P
  • Options
    alonysalonys Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, on a busy Saturday night, PERFECT time to bring down the servers in order to avoid having to bring down the servers.

Three nights in a row of not being able to play? WHAT AM I PAYING FOR?!?!
  • Options
    avitrekavitrek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Because it's fun to play with us. Much like it was for me in grade school when I learned how to burn ants with a magnifying glass.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    QQ Member Posts: 252
    edited May 2013
    astro2244 wrote: »
    Quite simple Q has nothing better to do, then to cause some sort of mischief on a Saturday night.

You know, you are on to something. I just remembered I have a date.

Goodbye, players, I'm gonna miss you. You had such potential. But then again, all good things must come to an end. *snap*
  • Options
    trbblemedictrbblemedic Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Hold on a second. You do realize by just showing up here the angry little 'bipedal specimens' have another thing to get angry at. Unless of course that was your plan all along. Hmmm very sneaky of you. Use the old bait and switch on them, very clever. I must applaud you for this ;)
  • Options
    kpg1usakpg1usa Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Shutting down the servers is irreversible... like my raincoat... :)
  • Options
    weiir1weiir1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hmm, that's a toughie, but that's why they made us captains, isn't it? To handle the real tough ones?

I have a better question, what did you do to "spice things up a bit?"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    wildchild8 wrote: »
    ok so they moved my thread here. cool beans... i acutally wasnt being sarcastic with my post...

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=9676481&postcount=125

eitherways....

I love STO, and hope the fixes fix stuff, I love my STO pew what makes it good for you? I got other things to do while servers down and have faith in the devs sorting schtuff, despite negativity by other captains, its very easy to moan on forums, so lets have a nice maintenance time.

Rocking a good CSE with amazing time to spare? YUS! getting a nice quality pug v pug in PVP and getting a great game YUS!

having to grind omega rep and rom rep again on our soon to be new rom toons... not so much... but such is life.... any chance of a +rom marks on rom missions to save my badass top level FED/KLINK/ROM toon chasing wabbits all day? (admittedly an easy mission but c'mon slightly below par for a Vice Admiral to be lowering himself/herself/itself too)

I hate levelling toons, and while i love the new content testing on tribble, I would actually pay 1000zen to unlock a new toon straight to VA(or Equiv) rather then have to level + go through rep again and again...

ok, ok, back to positives (although my other points are more feedback then negatives...)

entertaining forums and chat. for all the naysayers and droppy drawers in game ( minority) there's always a light at the end of the tunnel that settles a dodgy arguement so we can all get on and have fun.

Actually while im here with nothing better to do, can i request a cool idea for a KDF BOP 3 PACK as outlined here...

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=8224231&postcount=1

eh what else? LOVE the new UI for S8, dont mind the naysayers i think its cool, and thanks for fixing the clock ( you did right? I only read patch notes for tribble but being able to see what ungodly hour im still playing is always nice)

Love the Rom uniforms. Liking the idea of Rom's as rogues despite any allies made, whoever they're helping will be to their own ends anyways....

MOGAI! yus! sounds bad TRIBBLE, 14 turn or not, I LIKES IT! d'deridex.... not a crusier guy but can see why people are not happy campers with 2 tac consoles..... always seen it as a bit of a beast, so would imagine even a tac Bortas setup or regent/excelsior retro boff setup, the low turn will keep it balanced cmon.... we'll still buy all the other schuffs.

can i get a public channel mute bug fix? just throwing it out there, yes people shouldnt out themselves in a position that requires muting to begin with but some arent as bad as others and once they chill shouldnt face the possiblity of perma mute on a public channel... as a channel owner it makes my job a nightmare.... and feel terrible when guys get perma muted for something that a 3day mute would fix( that said thankfully its rare we ever have to mute a PESTF'er we got a good bunch of guys on channel 3600+ strong yay!)

more positives why i love STO. support for PVP Boot Camp! great initiative from Sargon supported on the STO blogs, and thanks to all the coaches, guys/girls/its and PVP fleets that helped folk out. I think building more interest in PVP can only be a good thing for STO, just as great foundry missions keep us ticking over PVE wise, great PVP games and knowledge base for players will only drive STO to bigger and better things as we all try to pew lumps out of each other with our fancah ships and gear we work so hard to get.

bit of a wall of text here so i shall leave it there until tomorrow and server is fixed and I can put holes in borgs and schtuff again.

LOVE!
    hotkillerz wrote: »
    o_O............
    pops70 wrote: »
    The U.S.S. Lazy Elmo has ventured into the farthest reaches of Federation space. Long range probes can no longer gather information from the known star coordinates. It is up to the crew and this fine vessel to cross into unknown space. I hope that all of this crews accolades thus far prove we are up to the task.

Commander William Timmothy Fozzeworth: Sir, we have inched our way towards the edge of unknown space. Our ship is ready to engage warp engines at your command. On this historic moment I want to say for the record...
    Capt BS: Put a sock in it commander. Bridge to engineering, what is the status of this ship?
    Lt.commander Amber Shay Sommers: Captain!!! Our warp core has gone offline and the ship is on auxillary power.
    Capt BS: Bollocks!! Explain yourself woman! Was no one 'watching' the bloody engineering deck?
    Lt.commander TRIBBLE: Well sir, everyone was so busy shining up the TRIBBLE and buttons and whatnot that we took our eyes off the big drivey thing.
    Capt BS: Red Alert!! I will not be pick pocketed this far out into the frontier. Ensign Smasher, scan the immediate vicinity for any anomalies. Include the interior of the ship.
    Ensign Weasle 'tribble tamer' Smasher: Sensors are picking up unusual levels of bloviating particles captain.
    Capt BS: moment of stunned silence....Alrighty then. Everyone hit the racks, we shall replicate a new drive and be on our way shortly.

Reading that when i got to the engineer made me do a scotty voice. all in alll tat wasa fun little peice to read... i'll be waiting on the follow up report.
  • Options
    messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pops70 wrote: »

LOL now thats funny :D
  • Options
    idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh snap! :eek:
    signwidrona.png
  • Options
    aten66aten66 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Goodbye, players, I'm gonna miss you. You had such potential. But then again, all good things must come to an end. *snap*

Goodbye Q! *and good riddance* Bye! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I bet it's with Q, but it could be also Q.
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • Options
    alonysalonys Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's getting harder and harder to suppress the urge to file a chargeback with my bank for my last subscription payment. This is beyond stupid.
  • Options
    matthew486dxmatthew486dx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

You only seem to appear when humanity must learn some kind of lesson during a hardship.
    What are you here to teach us today with your deadly games, Q?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Matthew@Matthew486DX -> Eng Lvl 60
    FAW/Tank: Tactical Oddyessy T5-U, Tank/Heal Science Oddyessy T5-U, DPS Cruiser: A2B Battlecruiser T5-U, DPS/Debuff Tholian Recluse T5-U
    Fleet Admiral: Angry Tribbles
This discussion has been closed.