test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (May 4, 2013)

Comments

• messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    heres a thought what if Q came on here to announce another one of his events where he parties and we get prizes for participating in his games so he can be entertained of course.

Ok i liked the Q winter wonderland that was fun :)
  • trbblemedictrbblemedic Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hold it, where's the prize Q. Oh well just like Q to make a promise and run off. WHAAA for me hahaha:D
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Something just occurred to me that is speculation, at best, but I'm an LTS and have been for 3 years and the end of the month is when I get my stipend. This was the first end of the month, ever, where no stipend came. I have a ticket in but I wonder if there is any account security issues involved.

Just asking. Total speculation.

They did have issues with stipends going out. I got mine about a week late. (There's another thread in the forums about it.)
  • logang19logang19 Member Posts: 13,843 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    messahla wrote: »
    heres a thought what if Q came on here to announce another one of his events where he parties and we get prizes for participating in his games so he can be entertained of course.

Ok i liked the Q winter wonderland that was fun :)

it was fun agreed
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
  • bh868bh868 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    elandyll wrote: »
    Peak US time on a Saturday night, 8pm PST, you go for a *scheduled* maintenance?

Are you guys Insane?

You read my mind.
  • luxandraluxandra Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    swamarian wrote: »
    They did have issues with stipends going out. I got mine about a week late. (There's another thread in the forums about it.)

I got two stipends in one month just this last month.
  • joeharneyjoeharney Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    every night for the last 3 nites your servers r down. But since it is free game an NO real PvP - who cares
  • hotkillerzhotkillerz Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    guilli88 wrote: »
    The continuum is always watching.
    Idk i think he has left with q
  • general1devongeneral1devon Member Posts: 298 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    threat21 wrote: »
    oh Wait, I Know, Its Because You Are Distracting Us While Cylons Are Boarding Our Ships....

Could You Send A 6 My Way? >.>

Frakin Cylons!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mach242mach242 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sometimes thing get broke, fix is good. you make fix. cryptic make broke. how can be fix if broke is too much to fix. not enough they make go. just make it go. hope after no broke again. too many fix is broke!

^this... I think.
  • glassguitarglassguitar Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Q wrote: »
    I know that you're probably asking yourself, "Why would a brilliant, handsome, dashingly omnipotent being like Q want to converse with a scrawny little bipedal specimen like me?" Who ever can answer that question bests gets a prize. It could be good. It could be bad. You'll have to play to find out.

Because none of the other omnipotent superbeings want you around?
  • raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Curious...how many of these have we go through since this thread went up and the servers came offline for maintenance.

Tribble Puns
    Gorn Puns
    Klingon Puns

Blame Cryptic
    Blame PWE
    Blame Both
    Bring up that PWE is owned in China

Talk about Captains
    Talk about Servers
    Talk about Music

Randomness

Ponies

Star Trek facts

LoR
    NW

Could someone tally it up?
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
    edited May 2013
    Frakin Ctylons!

your wrong

ahem

FRAKKEN TOASTERS!! :D
  • kyleburgesskyleburgess Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    becasue Q like your father you are curious as to what makes us drive and have the will to be manipulated. and the will to win at all cost.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chrismd9980chrismd9980 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So, this was planned? Really?
  • astro2244astro2244 Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Show yourself Q. you gave your word on a reward to us all. And no your presence doesn't count as a reward. :P
    [SIGPIC]583px-Romulan_Star_Empire_logo%2C_2379.svg.png
    [/SIGPIC]
  • milanvoriusmilanvorius Member Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hitherow wrote: »
    Just the ones who don't know how to think before they start typing on the forums due to a massive entitlement complex.

Being a paying customer there is a valid entitlement to expect information from our vendor ahead of time. Many schedule game time and to get settled down and log in to see the red light with no heads up that is unnecessarily frustrating. PWE has no problem emailing me a verification code every time i log into the gateway on my cell or PC, send a quick email with outage information so we can adjust our plans before zero hour. I logged in 25 minutes after the outage, but no word earlier today.
    PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.
  • admiralozzyadmiralozzy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Am I foreseeing this thread...which should be titled *ANGRY STO PLAYERS: RAGE ONLY!* getting to 100+ pages of rage?
    Look buddy, I'm an engineer which means I solve problems.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    William "Ozzy" Ozland | Clara Shepard Roslin
    Zho'ee
    Stewart Gilligan "Stewie" Griffin
  • cpc2011acpc2011a Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Left the music of the 80's and pushed back to the 70's with Fleetwood Mac. Kids new sure I've lost it and are staring from the couch. "Dad? are you ok? Did you take your pills today?" LOL "silly children, you must learn what music was when it was still decent, and no I didn't take my pills today." :P
    edited May 2013
    astro2244 wrote: »
    Show yourself Q. you gave your word on a reward to us all. And no your presence doesn't count as a reward. :P

You do know if Q wants to he could turn you into an amoeba or even worse a bad gorn joke
  • admiralozzyadmiralozzy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    raventomoe wrote: »
    Curious...how many of these have we go through since this thread went up and the servers came offline for maintenance.

Tribble Puns
    Gorn Puns
    Klingon Puns

Blame Cryptic
    Blame PWE
    Blame Both

Talk about Captains
    Talk about Servers
    Talk about Music

Randomness

Ponies

Star Trek facts

LoR
    NW

HAHAHAHAHA....THANK YOU SO MUCH! You made my night.
    Look buddy, I'm an engineer which means I solve problems.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    William "Ozzy" Ozland | Clara Shepard Roslin
    Zho'ee
    Stewart Gilligan "Stewie" Griffin
  • jsck82jsck82 Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seriously. 8PM, PST. Peak time for this timezone, at least. The kids are down, the parents are free, but... the game is down. Until midnight, at least. On a Saturday. On the Last Paycheck (for most) before the BIG EVENT (Into Darkness releases...)

Poor, poor, poor choice of timing, in my opinion. But that's ok. I have other things to do while the game is down.
  • summerwolfesummerwolfe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    cdnhawk wrote: »
    They could always put up a backup server... something cobbled together from old castoff IBM 8088s and 800 baud modems. Then we could all enjoy STO rendered in ASCII.

IDK about the 8088 bit, but STO in ASCII? That would be something to see! lol

I do love the games Cryptic works so hard on.. yes, I'm upset about the downtime, but as a SysAdmin I understand that things break, often without warning.. I have a linux-based server needing some TLC because something broke. I find the many pages of ranting on here rather amusing at times though and can't seem to stop reading... lol
  • logang19logang19 Member Posts: 13,843 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Am I foreseeing this thread...which should be titled *ANGRY STO PLAYERS: RAGE ONLY!* getting to 100+ pages of rage?

ive seen them over 300
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
  • nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    raventomoe wrote: »

Tribble Puns
    Gorn Puns
    Klingon Puns

Blame Cryptic
    Blame PWE
    Blame Both

Talk about Captains
    Talk about Servers
    Talk about Music

Randomness

Ponies

Star Trek facts

LoR
    NW

Star Trek Online working as intended.
  • kyleburgesskyleburgess Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just like Q not around when you need him. only when you are not ready and busy is he around.lol Kinda gives ya the chills.lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    megamanx82 wrote: »
    I hope i won't have to reinstall the game a 3rd time due to these problems...

Looks like your forum artwork is playing ultimate frisbee with a starship
  • batsibfbatsibf Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm just glad I have not spent money on this game, but I am glad this game is good for younger players like my two kids
  • cdnhawkcdnhawk Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Actually, can you imagine how mind numbingly dull existence in the Q Continuum must be? Everybody knows what everyone else is going to say or think, therefore every conversation that could possibly take place HAS taken place, rendering the point of having the conversation moot. Dull. I would suspect that Q finds us entertaining because we are somewhat chaotic, and therefore unpredictable. This introduces a tiny bit of "unknown" to a race of beings who otherwise know everything. It's probably as close to fun as they can get.
    edited May 2013
    Whats worse then bruce banner when he is angry?

NERD RAAAAGE!!!! :D
This discussion has been closed.