test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

4 May 2013 Server Crash (Resolved!)

Comments

• draggothdraggoth Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    totenmet wrote: »
    Still can't get out of this holodeck simulation of the year 2013.

wonder if safety protocols are on??.........wait if i get shot i die . ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.
  • mazerunnermazerunner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    john98837 wrote: »
    That's all the updates, neverwinter gets regular updates, we apparently are unworthy.

Considering someone's head is likely on the proverbial block, they're hoping the new playerbase will be more content with updates.

"see, we tell you whats going on, but not the STO crowd...this shows we care"

And for some reason, all I can think of is Sirius Cybernetics corp complaint division right about now, singing something a flattened fifth out of tune.

Maybe I'm tired.
    MazeRunner

"Reason notwithstanding, the Universe continues unabated."
  • mattimeo97mattimeo97 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In recognition of the hassles experienced this weekend, Cryptic will be supplying everyone with three (3) lobi crystals, that can be used to purchase premium goods at the Lobi Crystal Consortium.
  • nephtnepht Member Posts: 5,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mattimeo97 wrote: »
    You want them to take STO down?

Not OUR beta the elves beta -.-

Our beta is better than theirs, cause our beta has Orion chicks >_>
  • brwjames85brwjames85 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think Cryptic maybe spying on me...
    Severs always go down when i take a long weekend :p
    Finally, T6 Fleet sovy! My life is complete!
  • romeowhiskey4romeowhiskey4 Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I recommend Frankie and Bennys breakfast for those in the UK. ?5 served till mid day... DAMN nice.. ?1.50 for unlimited coffee.. .
  • disposeableh3r0disposeableh3r0 Member Posts: 1,927 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As a time traveller, Am I supposed to pack underwear or underwhen?

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abraham Lincoln

Occidere populo et effercio confractus
  • mehlindemehlinde Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    first post is 11:43 to me anyway. so its been down for almost 6 hours?
  • renic100renic100 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    whats bad is yopu have to check other games to find out info on sto and when it might get back online
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?186602-Server-Status-Updates
    they need to get there act together.
  • khanstruewrathkhanstruewrath Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    *runs full speed screaming into the nearest wall*

*thud*

im bored man, i wanna farm some dilithium for my future romulan overlord!

damnit now my wall is broke.
    Romulus burned, untold billions died.
    It's the Tal'shiars doing, Sela lied.
    Vengeance is born, with eternal scorn.
    New Romulus rises.
  • robissweatyrobissweaty Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have never seen a game as popular as this go down as many times as it has done recently.....Cryptic surely you make enough money from all your games INCLUDING Star Trek Online so maybe invest in better staff to keep this issue under control?

Thanks from EVERYONE WAITING TO PLAY.
  • ussdelphin2ussdelphin2 Member Posts: 525 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You get the game for free, you get the expansions for free, you have the option to earn anything in the Cryptic store for free, so if the game goes down....... deal with it, go out and get some fresh air, spend time with your family, let friends know your still alive (if you have any).

If Cryptic did give in and gave you something else for free (I don't think they should) then that's up to them.

I would be happy if they used some of the profits they made from us to buy some separate servers for NW to go on....... and in the future when NW makes huge profits.... they fund some stuff for us. :o
    How I picture a lot of the forumites :P
  • chaz200565chaz200565 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In recognition of the hassles experienced this weekend, Cryptic will be supplying everyone with three (3) lobi crystals, that can be used to purchase premium goods at the Lobi Crystal Consortium.

LOL. very generous.( NOT ).
  • chtullu0815chtullu0815 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    no Overlord without server......
  • bond85bond85 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i might...have... to go outside..... AHHH!
  • mccormick81mccormick81 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    storatt wrote: »
    Even worst, but this problem started whit open beta of NW. . .There is too many players for this server so it's crashing. . .What will be when Legacy of Romulus come out??

Ask your self guys what than...

more forum posting????
    edited May 2013
    renic100 wrote: »
    whats bad is yopu have to check other games to find out info on sto and when it might get back online
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?186602-Server-Status-Updates
    they need to get there act together.

Sadly, there's no info there. Just a list of regurgitated statements to the effect that they know it's broke, and are waiting on Geek Squad to come fix it.
  • daskippadaskippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mazerunner wrote: »
    Considering someone's head is likely on the proverbial block, they're hoping the new playerbase will be more content with updates.

"see, we tell you whats going on, but not the STO crowd...this shows we care"

And for some reason, all I can think of is Sirius Cybernetics corp complaint division right about now, singing something a flattened fifth out of tune.

Maybe I'm tired.

Will be interesting to see how the NW player base reacts when LOR launches. Anyone taking bets on us taking down everything in flames for a change?
  • coldbeer72coldbeer72 Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mehlinde wrote: »

only 2 :coolhours or this thread would be MUCH bigger...:cool:
  • totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    C-Store is still working :)

Never goes down, zen zen zen
  • captainpetey001captainpetey001 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    When the servers crash, I take a shot of tequila.

And everytime someone posts a be patient and stop complaining post, I do another shot ! ;)

If I can't play the game, I'm gonna party

Dude, what do you think I've been doing since the server went down (except I'm drinking merlot)? I'm amazed I can type coherently LOL!

Perhaps we should start a Cryptic/PWE-server drinking game?

I'll start it: every time a certain PR type comes on here to say "all is well we know what the problem is we're working on it don't ask us for an explanation/ETA/whatever thanks for your patience" BS response, we finish whatever we're drinking.

OK, who's next?
  • highcasualtyratehighcasualtyrate Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I suggest they change the name of the game:

"Star Trek Online: Most of the Time..Except when it's Not"

I LIKE IT!!!
  • baughbtheelfbaughbtheelf Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't bother with Eve. Eve is a lost cause. It's full of grief-ers and trolls who are so well established there is no possibility of making it long enough to actually enjoy the game. There's no point in bashing your head against the pervasive mob mentality that seeks to eradicate anything that isn't a carbon copy of itself. Seriously, those people need to remember that it is just a game after all.

If you're looking for f2p games to check out, try looking through what steam steampowered.com) has to offer. But seriously, forget about even checking out Eve, it really is a lost cause. That steep "learning curve" that has been referred to as the hallmark of the game isn't a learning curve at all, it's a solid brick wall build by the people who play the game as though their life the depended on it and if you're not already one of them, you never will be.
  • mushariagainmushariagain Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bond85 wrote: »
    i might...have... to go outside..... AHHH!

But if the universe and it's entire contents are contained within my magic electric smiles box... What's outside?... IS THERE AN OUTSIDE?!? :eek::confused:

IT'S A TRICK! Don't believe their lies! :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not THAT difficult to please, I just have a very low tolerance threshold for stupid BS! - George Carlin.
  • daskippadaskippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    coldbeer72 wrote: »
    only 2 :coolhours or this thread would be MUCH bigger...:cool:

aye once Sat morning cartoons are over we should start getting a real nice page count
  • aelrhianaaelrhiana Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mehlinde wrote: »

The game went down on my end at 5:30ish pm for me, it is now 7:41pm. Not even 2.5 hours yet, but I'm starting to think we'll see the same as yesterday.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mikearoomikearoo Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You want them to take STO down?

Rofl, yeah, well, some bugs currently in STO were in beta.
  • mazerunnermazerunner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    daskippa wrote: »
    Will be interesting to see how the NW player base reacts when LOR launches. Anyone taking bets on us taking down everything in flames for a change?

*Laughing*

Sci-Fi versus Fantasy....
    This is going to get ugly....very, very fast
    MazeRunner

"Reason notwithstanding, the Universe continues unabated."
  • jazziecakezjazziecakez Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm a new player to this game and I have to say I like it already... 3 days playing and I've already "invested" 60 bucks into it. It's a shame how it's handled though. I used to think "Nexon" was bad but this.... this is worse.
    edited May 2013
    mikearoo wrote: »
    Rofl, yeah, well, some bugs currently in STO were in beta.

Exactly. ;)
This discussion has been closed.