test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

2 May 2013 - Temporary Outage (Resolved!)

Comments

• Options
    threat21threat21 Member Posts: 300
    edited May 2013
    kirisee wrote: »
    ...seriously....do you want thmn to bring up a busted game?

that's gonna happen anyway =p
  • Options
    rialgirialgi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dennizenx wrote: »
    seldom ... first time ?

with STO yes others no....... is sto that bad on recovery
    Wish I could think of something wise and cool, and all That!
  • Options
    ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bad move real bad move. You have pissed off your paying customers that keep your company afloat.
  • Options
    bradchristopher1bradchristopher1 Member Posts: 307
    edited May 2013
    The good news is that the tracert' are working again...give them a little more time to restore game functionality.
  • Options
    lekillalekilla Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    axel667 wrote: »
    They offered it to us for free, we accepted in peace. They broke our gift so it's only fair we burn them.:)

lol that's horrible
  • Options
    dennizenxdennizenx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rialgi wrote: »
    with STO yes others no....... is sto that bad on recovery

not that bad, but it happens. if they said it would be another 10 mins you'd have to read about it here for 25 mins anyway :P
  • Options
    suuperduudesuuperduude Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    you understand that a personal computer can be a server ...and that bascially everything you just said makes you look well....stupid.
    I can setup a ten year old computer with server software buddy. and that server cna run websites and games and do a lot of stuff.

ya see some of us aren't the ignorant trolls we look like in this thread and are just playing silly....trust me i know what you mean but your wrong too.

a kid with a 166 pentium laptop and xampp can be a webhost for thousands of websites.

Running a services does not necessary make something a server. I run a Linux box that runs services. So I guess it could be called a server. But in the commercial world, servers are boxes with RAID, and really fast CPU's and hot swappable drives, etc. So no, what I said did not make me look stupid. It made me look like I think in true network ways because I've worked with them enough that when I think server, I think blade or clusters and the like. Not a machine running services that people call servers.
    --
    Lion Heart of Hammer Squadron
  • Options
    karlmdkarlmd Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am sorry to say my sonic TRIBBLE driver was fried when the person in the back used it for a spoon to stir the coffee with. now who has the key to the tartus so we can fix this thing.....
  • Options
    sl1pstremesl1pstreme Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LMAO ... you pay and thats what you get sloppy seconds..
  • Options
    lithianfurylithianfury Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, maybe after 8 hrs of sleep things will be back to normal.
  • Options
    montrosiummontrosium Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kirisee wrote: »
    i'm not a Cryptic employee....but really....it might take a bit for Bran to get "his" updates from the techs.....give it a break...the game has been down since about 6:30 PST....its a hardware failure accoding to Bran..and i believe him..but it might take awhile to get new hardware up and running right....seriously....do you want them to bring up a busted game? let them fix it right...be patient

Well said good sir :D
  • Options
    axel667axel667 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So you know that fire over in LA? Ya.....that's our little bonfire saying "yo, we're coming unless we have something to do again."
    Are you free?
  • Options
    thebluerabbitthebluerabbit Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just can't help but think of this as I peruse this thread.

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/174/6/a/Professional_Trolls_by_CountVonZeppelin.jpg
  • Options
    fogerty1fogerty1 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I say give us some perk rewards for this outage. Some of us don't get to play as much as we like, and this outage wipes out my little time tonight. Throw us at least Fleet Credits or Omega Points, Anything. It's not OUR fault ANOTHER game wiped out OUR game for this period.
    Too Bad, So Sad
    PS: Sollvax, no need to add your worthless wooden nickel comments.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    strahdv1strahdv1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lebtron wrote: »
    Just the fact that Starfleet chars could have contact with Neverwinter chars via chat is a violation of the Prime Directive. I doubt such a short maintenance is a soluition, we need instead a court-martial!

PS: My nausicaan raider was not successful in traiding warp technology against some kind of magic:(

So you are saying a magic wielding borg with fricking laserbeams shooting out of it's eyes and possibly even superman level invulnerablity is possible now???

Ensign! Bring me my brown pants!
  • Options
    kinmasurakkinmasurak Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They have been updating every 15 minutes on twitter. Stop relying on forums, i bet they are using their androids and iphones and not coming here.

Those twitter updates have been as useless as a politician's promise. They've updated absolutely nothing. Reworded nonsense about how they are 'still testing', etc. Not a single thing about what went wrong, specifically. Nor any ETA. By this point, unless they still have a large scale hardware failure, or completely corrupted databases, they'd have a rough idea how long till they *should* be up.

Having been on their side of such a large scale, cascaded network failure (assuming what little we've heard is actually true), the one thing they should *not* be doing is keeping quiet. They need to make sure the folks paying the bills get more than lip service after such a lengthy outage.

My outage lasted 36 hours, as we had to fly in parts from the East coast. Sometimes things rated at high levels fail at lower ones. At the cost of high end enterprise class hardware, it's too expensive to have spares sitting around, and service contracts mean vendors *should* have parts close, but they don't always. There isn't much you can do. But you can be honest and informative with your user base. It's unfair to waste their time, when you either know what is wrong, and have a rough idea of how long it'll be, or you don't know, and should say so.
  • Options
    rialgirialgi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    dennizenx wrote: »
    seldom ... first time ?
    axel667 wrote: »
    They offered it to us for free, we accepted in peace. They broke our gift so it's only fair we burn them.:)

free ha I have a life account.. not that it is what I complaining but my lil baby asleep and don't get a chance to play often...... had the same prob with wow lol
    Wish I could think of something wise and cool, and all That!
  • Options
    dinos2012dinos2012 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ssbn655 wrote: »
    Bad move real bad move. You have pissed off your core customers.

it's time to go see what the old dragonborn is upto ..why did one of his cultist attacked me hmmmm ...will get back to you in a little while
  • Options
    daskippadaskippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The only bottleneck I have seen on their system is the login for the support page. During peak hours in the US it can take 30-45 seconds to refresh the page after the login redirect, which often times out.

It leads me to believe its the master handoff packet in the authentication SSL. But does that affect the game or just the portal/web functions. That I do not know.

couple points scroll up a couple posts and re-read a re-post of brans,
    snip
    The portal-wide beta test launch of a new game (Neverwinter) on our network is an extremely exciting time for us and we thank you again for your continued patience and support as we work out the issues during this testing period
    /snip
    2nd point
    bran verified it was indeed a hardware issue
    3rd
    you missed the anniversary event apparently. Similar series of events:
    one or more titles has a huge temporary increase in unique log-in that were not budgeted/planned for. All PWE titles went down for a day or two. sound familiar? wasn't the first time either.
  • Options
    bigmarine2bigmarine2 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Saturday is MAY THE 4TH!
    OOORAH! USMC FOREVER
  • Options
    riddexxxriddexxx Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    At least I don't have to put up with the lag since I can't even play.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    So if they don't give you free stuff, what are you going to do? stop paying to play? ohhhh wait it's a free game. Really people, yes it would be nice if they did something after the servers being down for so long but don't act like we are entitled to anything from this company.
  • Options
    bohiapbohiap Member Posts: 535
    edited May 2013
    What are we up to 5 hours? Not including the 2 hours this morning? Pretty sure that's a record in the 2 years I've been playing. Has anybody seen anything recently about when it's gonna be back up? I think it's been about 2 hours since Brandon posted.
  • Options
    dinos2012dinos2012 Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    montrosium wrote: »
    Well said good sir :D

No NOT WELL AT ALL ...firing quantum torpedoes full spread at you noob
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Tuesday maybe
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Derpy McDerpinskates
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    bohiap wrote: »
    What are we up to 5 hours? Not including the 2 hours this morning? Pretty sure that's a record in the 2 years I've been playing. Has anybody seen anything recently about when it's gonna be back up? I think it's been about 2 hours since Brandon posted.

check out their twitter site, they've been updating the status there
  • Options
    mazerunnermazerunner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kinmasurak wrote: »
    Those twitter updates have been as useless as a politician's promise. They've updated absolutely nothing. Reworded nonsense about how they are 'still testing', etc. Not a single thing about what went wrong, specifically. Nor any ETA. By this point, unless they still have a large scale hardware failure, or completely corrupted databases, they'd have a rough idea how long till they *should* be up.

Having been on their side of such a large scale, cascaded network failure (assuming what little we've heard is actually true), the one thing they should *not* be doing is keeping quiet. They need to make sure the folks paying the bills get more than lip service after such a lengthy outage.

My outage lasted 36 hours, as we had to fly in parts from the East coast. Sometimes things rated at high levels fail at lower ones. There isn't much you can do. But you can be honest and informative with your user base. It's unfair to waste their time, when you either know what is wrong, and have a rough idea of how long it'll be, or you don't know, and should say so.

Never give a user a fact, he'll only hurt himself with it.
    MazeRunner

"Reason notwithstanding, the Universe continues unabated."
  • Options
    reddeadshirtreddeadshirt Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    McKoy, stat....wire spoke's brain to the server
    Shirt, Redd Shirt

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mikallvnvmikallvnv Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don Rickles Roasts Johnny Carson