test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - April 29, 2013

Comments

• daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ~Captain Picard user intercom to hail engineering~Picard:geordi how is the system upgrades and patches comming along
    Geordi: Captain....well the upgrades went along smoothly but the softwere is gonna take 12 hours since the patch keeps having errors. i swear the took notes from the company back on earth in the yr 2012 called microsoft, they were famouise for crappy project and crappier patches.
    Captain: i did not ask for a history lesson .get it working
    Geordi: aya aya Sir i will have it done when the error 4 message goes away

you will have it dun it 6 hours :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • captainmd10captainmd10 Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    this works got all patched up:D

How can you do this?
  • pwecangetlostpwecangetlost Member Posts: 538 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The gameclient will no longer crash when rapidly deleting mail.

This was a thing? Haha
  • icegavelicegavel Member Posts: 991 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    calamintha wrote: »
    Mine started patching again after I enabled patch via proxy. It's worth a try.

This thawed my patch. Thank you!
  • volpe42volpe42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    [*]Sela STILL doesn't have a cape.
    • She's starting to re-think her position as Empress of the Tal Shiar, since they can't keep their clothes-makers working efficiently on her outfit requirements.

Maybe they are telling her its made of invisible cloth.
  • ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Also seems to have gotten things going again for me
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • tyroidtyroid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Didn't do it for me, just keep getting: "Error 4: The attempted view is invalid" - and once it does go past that, it is stuck at "Patching; Patched 28KB/1456MB; Received 66KB - 0%" and freezes at that point

Fixed - forgot to close and relaunch laucncher, doh!!! >(_8(I)
  • calaminthacalamintha Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    How can you do this?

Click 'Options' on the launcher. It should be one of the checkboxes.
  • unionmasterunionmaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    how do you patch via proxy

in the launcher go to the top click on options and tick the box that says patch via proxy and hit ok it should say you need to restart the launcher you will have to log on again
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    stuck at 1024KB/1836MB , COME ON DEVS get it working please ;)

patch via proxy does nothing for me lol
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    thanks for the patch by proxy tip it's cruising along fine now

i wonder if the issue is do to the server load as it seems to be working for some people and not others?
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I wouldn't imagine Tribble will be open straight away, just like a normal patch, you can patch, but there's probably still an hour or so of work to be done.
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
    edited April 2013
    That Proxy thing sounds like it's working. Zero, you may want to add this to the "Known Issues" Section.

EDIT: It seems to be going way faster after it passes the 4000KB mark.
  • erockererocker Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm patched up... But the server is unavailable at this time.

Give it some time, this is a huge update.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Patching via proxy works!!!!

Kudos to the guy that suggested this :D
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• tyroidtyroid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    movodor wrote: »
    /facepalm at lack of reading comprehension

posted that before I saw his response to the other response =, so :P
    edited April 2013
    So when the patcher is finished, can I disable the proxy?
  • unionmasterunionmaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So when the patcher is finished, can I disable the proxy?

yep you can:cool:
  • zer0niusrexzer0niusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    We have multiple patch servers, and we are investigating the possibility that one of them is having a bit of a lay down right now.

The issue ought to be resolved now, and you should definitely disable patching via the proxy. :)
  • messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Tried patching by proxy didnt help i im still froze at 41-0%

So time to go take my nap now maybe when i wake up the patch server will be fixed...i hope
  • threat21threat21 Member Posts: 300
    edited April 2013
    the proxy thing seemed to have solved it for me though im not sure what good that does since I don't have or use a proxy server. disabled it again anyway.
  • revenisrevenis Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    We have multiple patch servers, and we are investigating the possibility that one of them is having a bit of a lay down right now.

The issue ought to be resolved now, and you should definitely disable patching via the proxy. :)

looks good, downloading at a decent speed again, thanks :D
  • idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Holy patchnotes Batman/girl! :D
    signwidrona.png
  • alastorforthrighalastorforthrigh Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    all I know is my patch stuck at about 64% so I closed and restarted, it downloads 170kb of data and freezes now.
    2qTOAB3.gif
  • movodormovodor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    all I know is my patch stuck at about 64% so I closed and restarted, it downloads 170kb of data and freezes now.

^this. Tried the proxy servers, disabling them, etc.
  • messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Still not patching up ive tried several times disabled proxy still freezes at 41-0%
  • kitsune424kitsune424 Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    TRIBBLE is being updated to a new build.
    ST.30.20130429a.1

[*]Sela STILL doesn't have a cape.
    • She's starting to re-think her position as Empress of the Tal Shiar, since they can't keep their clothes-makers working efficiently on her outfit requirements.
    [/LIST]

I see what you did there XD :P
    We are the Borg. Existence as you know it is over. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
    edited April 2013
    So now that workarounds and fixes are coming in, let's get back to the note highlights, shall we?

For one thing, thanks for letting us speed past the Nukara Reputation, and for that matter fleet projects (don't quite see where this is necessary but I'm not about to complain about this either). I do hope the Nukara Mark rewards are more balanced, as right now they're vastly inferior to those on Defera while the missions on Nukara Prime also seem to take a bit longer to complete.

Also, like the Odyssey Bundle, will we get to test the Z-Store Warbirds or at least their consoles? With 5 new 2-part sets coming in, it would certainly make sense to make sure they work.

Also, are players now allowed to buy their Tier 4 Warbirds at level 30? I'd really like to test the last of those Singularity Powers, particularly the Singularity Overload at T5.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Well to be frank, all of those supposed patch severs are on strike unless I use the 'patch via proxy' option.

Please forgive me if I decide to stick to what works ;)
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• mikeward1701mikeward1701 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Lol! Cup of tea and a lie down, sounds like a good idea :)

Currently patching via proxy is working for me, it's slower but working. Will disable once I've got patched up.
    Fleet Admiral Ward
    Commander, Starfleet Corps of Engineers • 7th Fleet
    Commanding Officer, U.S.S. HEART OF OAK • NX-1759-B • Odyssey class Star Cruiser ( Lexington Tactical Configuration)
    )
    (Steam - feel free to follow/friend me : )