What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Legacy of Romulus - Closed Beta - Round 1

Comments

• Options
    roddy229roddy229 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hello, my e-mail dont arrived yet, its not your fault, just please send again :)

Just like several others, you didn't get one
    Vice Admiral Thylek Shran- U.S.S. Omega (Odyssey Class Battleship) United Federation Space Command
    Vice Admiral T'vix RRW Talon (Scimitar Drednought)
    General S'tal IKS Q'vat (Bortasq' Battle Cruiser)
  • Options
    ingenieursschafingenieursschaf Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    for me it seems if you played all episodes you get one.

i got no invite but i dont want to play the epdisodes
  • Options
    wirtddwirtdd Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    for me it seems if you played all episodes you get one.

i got no invite but i dont want to play the epdisodes

No, it's not related at all with that.
    Bastet
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    so when is the next testing round? a timeline would be good so people can prepare themselves for invites on that day along with closing times on that day when invites are no longer sent out so people can stop nervously checking the inboxes and become disappointed.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Got One! :d

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Excellent, got my invite so I'll be testing asap. Just curious about something, it has probably been answered elsewhere, but I've been away for a little while, Are we going to have to buy the full version of Legacy of Romulus when it's released?

Legacy of Romulus is free, and will be added to your game just like a normal patch. You will he able to buy Romulan stuff in the C-store; the Legacy Pack is just a big discount bundle.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    daroskadaroska Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Oh my, I've got a closed beta invite.

Dan Stahl must love us Gorn a bit too much. :P

I'll have to add, 'introduce Dan Stahl to lady gorn' to my calendar.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I really hope I receive one. Oh well if not more to look forward to!

I purchased the Legacy Pack so looking forward to all the treats!
  • Options
    richardevegarichardevega Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Frack, didn't look at my email at all last night was just awoken to my surprise. Surprise im in the Early Bata testing yay mother frackers I'm excited lol patching as I type now HURRY HURRY and patch so I can get in
  • Options
    captlukaswilsoncaptlukaswilson Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm not sure where to post bug reports, so i'll do it here for now.

First thing, I don't know if this is just a placeholder, but hailing the dilithium store shows the fed dil store guy on Earth spacedock, while I play as a Romulan.

I'll edit this post when i find more, I'm loving it, so glad I got invited.
  • Options
    viperiousspacedviperiousspaced Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    dastahl wrote: »
    If you were invited into Closed Beta Round 1, then you will be able to log onto the TRIBBLE test server, and if you have an open character slot (I've heard that if you have more than 3 characters on TRIBBLE already, you have to delete all but 2 of them to get an open slot) then you can create a Romulan on TRIBBLE.

So if you suspect that your email filter may have nuked your invite email, the email was a formality to let you know that you'd already been granted access. So you can always log onto TRIBBLE and try.

i think this might of happened to me. didn't get an' e-mail but was able to create a rom on tribble.

i have to say it looks good from wat i've played so far. the interiors are just georgous. :D:D:D
  • Options
    tilarium1979tilarium1979 Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Lifers... especially those that bought became lifers before the game even launched.. should get first crack at it. Just saying.
  • Options
    psymantispsymantis Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Lifers... especially those that bought became lifers before the game even launched.. should get first crack at it. Just saying.

As a lifer I can confirm we haven't been granted access automatically. Unfortunatly. :(
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    psymantis wrote: »
    As a lifer I can confirm we haven't been granted access automatically. Unfortunatly. :(

Yeah. Just logged into TRIBBLE to see, maybe it got lost! But no. So I'm one of the first lifers and one of the first to buy the LoR pack... and I don't get priority beta? Boo! :D
  • Options
    jarekcyphusjarekcyphus Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well testing these new ships would certainly influence my willingness to shell out some extra money. Right now, there's absolutely no way I can or ever will justify nearly 130 bucks after I've already given Cryptic double that for a lifetime.
    STO-sig3.jpg~original
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Yeah. Just logged into TRIBBLE to see, maybe it got lost! But no. So I'm one of the first lifers and one of the first to buy the LoR pack... and I don't get priority beta? Boo! :D

Shame, really. We don't even get a discount for LoR.
    STO-sig3.jpg~original
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    LoR is free. Get that into your head. Everyone, GET THAT INTO YOUR HEAD!

The Packs being offered are not LoR. The Packs being offered are C-Store bundles: if you buy all the C-Store items at once you get a 30% discount over buying them individually in the C-Store once LoR goes live.

The C-Store bundle discounts have nothing to do with LoR.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

You expected a second discount on top of the first discount on C-Store stuff when LTS players have never gotten a discount on any C-Store items before?

Entitlement issues much?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    You expected a second discount on top of the first discount on C-Store stuff when LTS players have never gotten a discount on any C-Store items before?

Entitlement issues much?

You've never actually invested in anything, have you?
    STO-sig3.jpg~original
  • Options
    theolopboytheolopboy Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    The same stuff again and again

They need to get you a special title 'Repetitive patience' the text could read "This captain got caught in a time loop and had to explain the same concept again and again and again and again and again and again and again....."

:D
    Correct forum join and LTS subscriber from date : 27/01/2010
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    theolopboy wrote: »
    They need to get you a special title 'Repetitive patience' the text could read "This captain got caught in a time loop and had to explain the same concept again and again and again and again and again and again and again....."

:D
    I don't know how Brandon does it day after day after day. He's the one deserving of special titles. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    LoR is free. Get that into your head. Everyone, GET THAT INTO YOUR HEAD!

The Packs being offered are not LoR. The Packs being offered are C-Store bundles: if you buy all the C-Store items at once you get a 30% discount over buying them individually in the C-Store once LoR goes live.

The C-Store bundle discounts have nothing to do with LoR.

Where is this stated? I'm stationed overseas for a few more weeks (have been for quite some time) and I don't exactly have the liberty to peruse this site for news as much as I'd like. The only thing I keep hearing about are these packs and the steep prices they carry. So what you're saying is LoR is free and if I'm willing to grind to 50, I can still get a Tier 5 Mogai? Is that right?
    STO-sig3.jpg~original
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    From the FAQ:
    Q: Is the Legacy of Romulus expansion free-to-play?
    A: YES! The Legacy of Romulus expansion will be very similar to our already generous free-to-play philosophy, including no fee to download or play the content. There will be ships at every level that can be gained for in game currency as well as Dilithium and C-Store ships. Captains will unlock new costumes in-game as they progress through the story as well as have premium costumes that can be purchased in the C-Store.

Oh it looks like B took my advice on adding in that "Yes!" in there lol. Very cool.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    lan451 wrote: »
    From the FAQ:

That was quick, and all I needed to read. Thanks for the quick reply. See you guys in a few weeks :P
    STO-sig3.jpg~original
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Where is this stated? I'm stationed overseas for a few more weeks (have been for quite some time) and I don't exactly have the liberty to peruse this site for news as much as I'd like. The only thing I keep hearing about are these packs and the steep prices they carry. So what you're saying is LoR is free and if I'm willing to grind to 50, I can still get a Tier 5 Mogai? Is that right?
    Yes. LoR is just like the Fed or KDF side. You can play it for free, you get free T1 through T5 ships, you get free uniform choices, etc. Roms are no different then any of the other 2 Factions.

The Legacy Pack and Starter Pack are just C-Store bundles: buy multiple C-Store items and get a discount. If you don't want the Packs you can simply play a Rom with the free items - or you can buy anything from the C-Store individually as you're playing. You just don't get the discount.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Perhaps a stupid question, but one that I'll ask anyway:

Is there/will there be any way of transferring the new Romulan character I've created from Tribble to holodeck?
    No. You need to start a new character on the Holodeck.
  • Options
    progenitor27progenitor27 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hello, my e-mail dont arrived yet, its not your fault, just please send again :)

Excellent, thanks for that:D
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply :)

Fair enough - guess will just have to do my best to 'clone' the character when the expansion hits Holodeck.

I know there used to be a save function for both characters and ships. Is that still in existence?

Also, Brandon, Dan, whomever. My beta invite e-mail didn't get through, can you re-send it?
  • Options
    ty8839ty8839 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think I'm in the same boat as a few other people, it would be interesting to beta test this, especially when I helped beta test the original game as well. But at the same time, I'm not sure if I'd want to risk ruining it for me. The fact that it's all pre-release and doesn't reflect the final product does help in that regard though lol
  • Options
    starfleet2409starfleet2409 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    look good the came play of new romulus schips al so good only too bad can go at lv 21 good came play hope fuly wil be a borg playbele char eek::D:D:D tnx gen.richards