What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Legacy of Romulus - Closed Beta - Round 1

Comments

• Options
    mightionnymightionny Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    OH wow, I checked the Dev Tracker just now, and saw this thread.

Checked my email, just for kicks....

...Excuse me, time to log into Tribble. :D * shifty eyes *
  • Options
    pwefailpwefail Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    lol 3 weeks ago my @name was considered bad.
    got an email this morning saying how valuable i was etc etc and welocme to closed beta :)
    The player formerly known as Chunter.
  • Options
    redshirtthefirstredshirtthefirst Member Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thank you Dstahl and team for the invitation... I have been a closed beta tester on this game from day 1 (good old days of playing in the sirius sector block sandbox :) ) and appreciate I have been pulled in for LoR romulan testing...

Already started and looked at uniforms... they look awesome so far but with many clipping and tearing, which I will note in the uniform threads.

But so far so good... *big smile on face*
    Server not responding (1701 s)
  • Options
    captainjgeecaptainjgee Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Got my Closed Beta Invite, Thanks but no thanks. I've already decided not to bother playing the Romulan faction for a number of reasons.

BTW. Will you stop sending me unwanted emails. I got this one, and the Neverwinter Beta Invite. I've opted out of receiving news and updates from my account, what must I do! :mad:
  • Options
    origcaptainquackorigcaptainquack Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    first thing wrong is changing characters while in game. it sticks and doesn't transfer you don't get booted but doesn't start game like on the halo deck.

love the color and brightness.
    the customization is still very limited. disappointing esp for cryptic, I know you can do much better and you don't.
    the changing of the icons in the upper right corner I feel was unneccasary esp. when nothing was added.
    the ground romulas or planet im on at first as romulan looks cool I like the graphics.

this is first observation will post 2nd in awile.
  • Options
    commandersalvekcommandersalvek Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hi Cryptic

Im a lifetime subsciber -please send me an invite-I have waited a long time to play my favourite race:)
  • Options
    fliporicanfliporican Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I don't know if I missed something, but there was no Trait selection. I know some species have pre-selected traits, but does this mean I can not customized my Romulan as far as traits are concerned? I also created an Alien character on Tribble prior to receiving and invitation to create a Romulan Character and I notice I wasn't able to select traits either. Is that going to be an ability being removed?
    image.php?name=Sabio&ship=Renaissance&fleet=10th+MACO+Cavalry+Regiment&txtcol=EDE979&fac=fed&spezies=Human&klasse=Starfleet+Tactical+Officer&rank=vadm&image=01
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 548 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    fliporican wrote: »
    I don't know if I missed something, but there was no Trait selection. I know some species have pre-selected traits, but does this mean I can not customized my Romulan as far as traits are concerned? I also created an Alien character on Tribble prior to receiving and invitation to create a Romulan Character and I notice I wasn't able to select traits either. Is that going to be an ability being removed?

You start to select traits at level 10 now.
  • Options
    fliporicanfliporican Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So far I like the look of Virnat. The mini-map looks to have more details than previous maps in STO. After grabbing my weapon I liked being asked to shoot bottles. I took the opportunity to switch to Shooter Mode and aim at the glass bottles. I really think this could be a mini game, I'd love to have some shooting practice with both my FED and KDF characters. You might consider giving a benefits to shooting in Shooter mode. I don't know if any exist, but I'd be more prone to switch to shooter mode in ground combat if it meant dealing more damage and receiving my skill or experience point?
    image.php?name=Sabio&ship=Renaissance&fleet=10th+MACO+Cavalry+Regiment&txtcol=EDE979&fac=fed&spezies=Human&klasse=Starfleet+Tactical+Officer&rank=vadm&image=01
  • Options
    zigadeiczigadeic Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    got my invite im loving this
    tumblr_m9xiz26mwj1rdabsoo1_r1_400.gif
  • Options
    kubagucwakubagucwa Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I wonder, if there are some special requirements to get this invite, only lifetime subscriber or something like that. If not, I just hope my stars smile at me and i get my invite soon : )
  • Options
    drewby2312312312drewby2312312312 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Its not a lifetime sub perk as I'm still waiting for my invite with baited breath. (I know I won't coz I've been away from Sto for such a long time and only came back a few days ago to find Romulans on the way. Hey ho, not long and I can play them for real).
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    got my invite
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tsunamicooktsunamicook Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The text in opening is a little fast.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I hope to get one such invite before long, it will determine what will happen and if i should put any further money into the game. a skeptic like myself would have significant concerns, which i do, it would go along way to answering a lot of questions while helping to provide cryptic with some feedback if there were such an invite.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    levonscottlevonscott Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I can't believe I got an invite! Thank you PWE - I won't let you down in testing!!!!
    Fleet Admiral Levon - USS Justice, USS Knowledge, USS Unity - Presidio, Geneva, and Concorde-class Command Battlecruisers
    Dahar Master K'Levon - USS Colossus H - Fleet Qib-class Intelligence Battlecruiser
    Fleet Admiral D'Levon - USS Fulcrum F - Upgraded Ar'Kif-class Tactical Carrier Warbird
    XJDs74b.jpg
    To boldly go...
  • Options
    naharikajalnaharikajal Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Nice. I got mine as well.

Unfortunately I will be not at home this weekend so I've to wait until sunday evening -,-

At least that gives me time to develop a RP background for my character.
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    just looked and my other 2 accounts got in and there both F2P accounts :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well thanks cryptic got my email and then straight on! Haven't had to much time with it ( work ) but, loving it so far, the romulan interiors are amazing! Also love my little warbird!
  • Options
    ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yeah it's definitely looking good. Glad I am on a half day today from work....more Romulan time awaits!
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • Options
    michaelp1989michaelp1989 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Thx for invite, patching now.
    Jolan Tru.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    roddy229roddy229 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Wow, cryptic fail. No more money for them coming from me
    Vice Admiral Thylek Shran- U.S.S. Omega (Odyssey Class Battleship) United Federation Space Command
    Vice Admiral T'vix RRW Talon (Scimitar Drednought)
    General S'tal IKS Q'vat (Bortasq' Battle Cruiser)
  • Options
    plox21plox21 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Got beta inv , ty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    albertwesker45albertwesker45 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i hope at some point i can get invited to test the rommie
  • Options
    voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    dastahl wrote: »
    If you were invited into Closed Beta Round 1, then you will be able to log onto the TRIBBLE test server, and if you have an open character slot (I've heard that if you have more than 3 characters on TRIBBLE already, you have to delete all but 2 of them to get an open slot) then you can create a Romulan on TRIBBLE.

So if you suspect that your email filter may have nuked your invite email, the email was a formality to let you know that you'd already been granted access. So you can always log onto TRIBBLE and try.

We'll be sending more invites over the next couple of weeks and we'll have an Open Beta prior to launch. Legacy of Romulus is only a month away, so even if you don't get an invite now, you'll be able to create a Romulan very soon!

Ummm Dan I realize you've been working hellish hours so you're probably tired as hell so you probably didn't realize that I wasn't included in the round 1 for the beta and was making a joke about it. Sorry for the confusion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    voicesdark wrote: »
    Ummm Dan I realize you've been working hellish hours so you're probably tired as hell so you probably didn't realize that I wasn't included in the round 1 for the beta and was making a joke about it. Sorry for the confusion.

I do agree with your statement here, I do know the devs have been working long hours on this project, but I'd still like to know how exactly they picked the people for the beta. I'm pretty ticked, as are tons of other people, including lifetime subs that didn't get in.

Dave, Brandon, you guys are doing awesome work. I took a peek at the new UI on the tribble server earlier, and it looks sweet
    Vice Admiral Thylek Shran- U.S.S. Omega (Odyssey Class Battleship) United Federation Space Command
  • Options
    wirtddwirtdd Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    :D Thanks for invite.
    Bastet
  • Options
    progenitor27progenitor27 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Excellent, got my invite so I'll be testing asap. Just curious about something, it has probably been answered elsewhere, but I've been away for a little while, Are we going to have to buy the full version of Legacy of Romulus when it's released?
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Excellent, got my invite so I'll be testing asap. Just curious about something, it has probably been answered elsewhere, but I've been away for a little while, Are we going to have to buy the full version of Legacy of Romulus when it's released?

No, just the packs if you want them
  • Options
    raulblanco7raulblanco7 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hello, my e-mail dont arrived yet, its not your fault, just please send again :)