test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Legacy Pack Pre-Order! [The price has now increased]

Comments

• rickpaaarickpaaa Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    How come no extra character slots come with these packs?
    giphy.gif
    Member since December 2009

• jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Sigh, Me too.

I have the money, but the fiance keeps a tight eye on things financial at the moment. Anything non wedding related, gets the kibosh pretty quickly.

I may just have to do something like make nice with the future mother in law..... :rolleyes:

Tell her you want to elope and head to Vegas. :P

We spent about $3k on our wedding, and we are still just as married as we were 16 years ago. ;)
  • majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    What a joke, isn't the c-store supposed to be for stuff like this? I have over 10,000 Zen waiting for the expansion to see what the KDF is getting, if you released this for an reasonable price in there I might consider it, however I won't given how it is currently being offered. Just when I think you can't get any lower to pull a stunt like this.
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
    edited April 2013
    rickpaaa wrote: »
    How come no extra character slots come with these packs?

I think it's because there is an absolute limit to the number of slots you can have, and if they gave some out in the bundle the hardcore players who have already maxxed out (the ones that will be the most likely to want to spend big money) would complain about something in the bundle that is not useful to them.

That's my story, and I am sticking with it.
    edited April 2013
    What a joke, isn't the c-store supposed to be for stuff like this? I have over 10,000 Zen waiting for the expansion to see what the KDF is getting, if you released this for an reasonable price in there I might consider it, however I won't given how it is currently being offered. Just when I think you can't get any lower to pull a stunt like this.

This is a cash grab, it's a way to recoup costs of development in a big lump sum. Since Zen can be bought with in-game currency or with a discount, the income from the pack is diminished by giving a 30% discount on the bundle, and then allowing you to buy it with a further discounted currency.

You can still use your Zen to buy almost all of these items after LoR goes live, but the bundle is cash only for the reason above.
  • abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Alrighty then, so I just talked to the wife. Here's how it went.

She got home and I waited for her to get settled in then I told her I wanted to quickly discuss something. She asked me what and I told her it had to do with STO, so I got the "Oh god he's talking about his games again" look.

I went on to explain that I was finally getting the option to play as a Romulan and a new pack was just released, which made her look at me like I was insane or something.

From there I told her it was $120. After the "If you keep talking about this I will never have s** with you again" look I dropped it.

Overall it went fairly well.
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    abaddon653 wrote: »
    Alrighty then, so I just talked to the wife. Here's how it went.

She got home and I waited for her to get settled in then I told her I wanted to quickly discuss something. She asked me what and I told her it had to do with STO, so I got the "Oh god he's talking about his games again" look.

I went on to explain that I was finally getting the option to play as a Romulan and a new pack was just released, which made her look at me like I was insane or something.

From there I told her it was $120. After the "If you keep talking about this I will never have s** with you again" look I dropped it.

Overall it went fairly well.

lolololololololololol lmao
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • techstepman1techstepman1 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    hmmm well guys i know im gonna go crazy with the romulans and i know im gonna probably buy anything that is realesed for them so i'll bite and get the legacy pack...im just hoping that they wont go "klingon" on this thing and then wait for years to realise that the "romulan faction" was just a fundraser
  • clannmacclannmac Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Sure, What Vets get won't be in the C-Store, that's the whole reason of being a Vet. What's being asked is what will Rom Vets get? That way they can make an informed choice about whether or not they think they want to buy this C-Store bundle in addition to their Rom Vet Items.

Also, How do you expect a F2P game, whose original launch was underfunded and had little time to develop the game, to grow? Do you expect them to magically will money out of the air to pay their Developers?

Well, for starters, if you are going to use a quote, take the whole thing I said WITH the quote I used, and put it all in context - without that, it looks as if I took a random, insulting jab.

Secondly, while we are on the topic of context, you have obviously taken my jest - which, by the way, was in response to a response that was also, seemingly in jest, though there is always a bit of truth in any joke - out of context yourself.

I KNOW this is a business and, whether I agree with their approaches or not (I don't generally, but that's my opinion, which I don't expect anyone to share, nor care whether or not they do), I KNOW it's how they fund the game. There are things about the game I love, things I don't like, but at the end of the day, I come back all the time because, taken as a whole, I really enjoy it.

My comment, in response to another "ohhh, suuuure, roll-your-eyes," kind of comment, was to joke at Bran's line of, basically, [let us know] "in time to still get in on buying the pack(s)." Meaning, that we'll get something, but will drool over what we DIDN'T get, and...spend more money in the end, anyway. So, more a joke at myself and other LTSers that love/hate the game than a snipe at the Devs and such.

But, take it as you will...
    366400.jpg

Fleet Commander
    Caprica's Revenge
    (...actually active since November 2010, which may one day be important to archaeologists, but not to anyone else...)
    edited April 2013
    wait a minute i just realised you cant buy the pre-order if you dont have paypal or skrill!
    whats that?why the %$*&$^%*$! wait a moment.paypal needs around a month to process a new membership (long story please dont ask) and for many legal reasons i dont use it.is this only for people with paypal and skrill accounts?what happened?is this the new way they found to troll me?

please tell me i can buy this without paypal or skrill.please

is this a missunderstanding on my part?
  • aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    @Cryptic - We should be able to buy the pack from the Cstore directly Cryptic. This change of policy is pure TRIBBLE and smacks of a desire to preclude people that get points via "selling" in game - forgetting the fact that some else had to spend money to get the points in the first place. However there are those of us which never do so and only every spend real money to support you - a lot of it much more than any sub based game ever.

The preorder package should be added as a bundle to the store for 13k points. You guys are really shooting yourself in the foot here with people like me; exactly the ones you want to keep. Another option is to refund the store point purchases so we can then buy the package with the "real money". Functionally it is all the same digital TRIBBLE to me but it seems it is not to you folks...

This is yet another marketing department fail. How many has it been since launch? Honestly I've lost count.... Changed my avatar back to the old protest one...
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited April 2013
    wait a minute i just realised you cant buy the pre-order if you dont have paypal or skrill!
    W T F ? ? ?
    whats that?why the %$*&$^%*$! wait a moment.paypal needs around a month to process a new membership (long story please dont ask) and for many legal reasons i dont use it.is this only for people with paypal and skrill accounts?what happened?is this the new way they found to troll me?

please tell i can buy this without paypal or skrill.please

You can purchase via PayPal without a PayPal account. Click on PayPal, then it will take you through as a guest (below the "Pay with my PayPal account" link).

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Seriouly. Quit freaking out about the lack of stats, we've already been told that the stats are coming.

think about what you said here before you open your mouth about it again. it is unacceptable to sell something to a person without making it very clear what it is they are actually buying. its also not legal. what you are saying is its ok to say 'buy it now and we'll tell you what you just bought later.' In this case the customer was prevented from making an informed decision prior to purchase because they did not know the details of what it is they were buying.

that is a headache waiting to happen. both for the buyer and crytpic, if they get alot of pissed off people screaming at them for a refund later because they were not told what they were buying and ended up with TRIBBLE or something that didn't turn out to be what it appeared to be. they got in trouble for doing something like this before and ended up being forced to refund a significant number of LTS accounts post launch. the last thing they need is any kind of potential legal trouble, especially associated with this update.

the sad part is that it could have been avoided entirely had they simply waited until they released the proper information about what it is people are buying. whoever said it was ok not to needs a serious talking to by whoever is in charge over there.
    Price =/= value

Just because some pixels cost X amount on Z-store doesn't mean they're worth a dime

depends on the context. it doesn't mean they are worth a dime to the person they are selling them to on a personal level, but if, say, you were for some reason to end up in court about it, virtual items do have a monetary value. that was already settled quite awhile ago. so it would be more accurate to say, either they are worth it to you or they aren't

but that aside, the price of this pack is absurd, to put it politely. if this is a sign of whats to come - and previous statements imply that it is, i'm not confident in the long term survivability of this game
  • dicecasdendicecasden Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well after some hemming and hawing I decided to go for it on the simple basis that I probably spend less on the c-store than the average player does. :D
    edited April 2013
    You can purchase via PayPal without a PayPal account. Click on PayPal, then it will take you through as a guest (below the "Pay with my PayPal account" link).

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

thanks i almost had a nervous breakdown lolz ^_^
  • captainernestcaptainernest Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

But it asks for a card info and i for one dont want to give them the info cause they are not a part of pwe/cryptic or steam. U guys of are card info so why cant we just buy it through u guys or steam which i trust more?:confused:
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Just saw the ship stats on Tribble, outside of the D'Deridex, all the other ships are well worth it.

Still, wish I had money to afford it. Else I buy it in a heartbeat. :(
    edited April 2013
    But it asks for a card info and i for one dont want to give them the info cause they are not a part of pwe/cryptic or steam. U guys of are card info so why cant we just buy it through u guys or steam which i trust more?:confused:

i agree...but i use a prepaid card for that reason.if something happens at worse you loose the specific amount you had in for this purchase.
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,671 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    acg3269 wrote: »
    Yeah, sorry Cryptic, but I've already put $300 for a subscription into this game, not mentioning the money spent on c-points/zen.

Maybe is Lifetime Subscribers got this for free, or discounted in the least...

After all, we've put money into the game to pull our weight around here.

here here! I just did the LTS because one of the perks was to get the goodies like free ships. i'm not saying give me c store ships free, but my god, at lease a discount! as it is our house would end up tossing in 250 bucks for the packs,a nd i know Mark won't create more than one toon.
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    here here! I just did the LTS because one of the perks was to get the goodies like free ships. i'm not saying give me c store ships free, but my god, at lease a discount! as it is our house would end up tossing in 250 bucks for the packs,a nd i know Mark won't create more than one toon.
    The Legacy Pack C-Store bundle is giving you $181.00 worth of items for $125.00. That's a 30% discount - which is more then any C-Store sale has ever given.

And you can always simply just buy the ships and items you want in the C-Store individually.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    The Legacy Pack C-Store bundle is giving you $181.00 worth of items for $125.00. That's a 30% discount - which is more then any C-Store sale has ever given.

And you can always simply just buy the ships and items you want in the C-Store individually.

You are doing a sterling job there Cosmic, I would also go as far as saying you are doing a better job than Brandon..... but I wont go there ;)

Some people are just not going to get it, despite obvious nature of what is being offered. :rolleyes:
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• tcbys1tcbys1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The Starter Pack is really pointless. For 5 extra dollars you can get a VA Ship.
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    tcbys1 wrote: »
    The Starter Pack is really pointless. For 5 extra dollars you can get a VA Ship.

Incidentally the Starter Pack comes with a VA ship. So really it works out pretty well.
  • tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm dubious about purchasing this pack, especially since the majority of items don't interest me:

In order of preference:
    Liberated Borg Reman Bridge Officer
    This Bridge Officer unlocks for all Romulan Republic characters on an account.

Special Reman Duty Officer Mini-Pack
    Add Reman Duty Officers with special traits to your crew. Unlocks only once per Romulan Republic character on an account.

D'deridex Warbird Retrofit
    The famed D'deridex is upgraded with a Projected Singularity console that allows you to channel your Singularity Core into a mobile rip in the space-time continuum. Unlocks at Tier 5 (Vice Admiral).

The rest of the items don't interest me.

Also, I'm concerned about the Reman Duty Officer pack.
    "Only once per RR character on an account".
    Does that mean you can only claim it once and then never again?

So, in theory, if I was to make a second RR toon, they wouldn't get the pack if the first RR toon had claimed it?

I'd prefer it was per character, not per account.

Also, it's a lot of money to ask when I'm not even going to play the faction.
    It doesn't matter how many bells and whistles you attach if I'm not going to show up to perform in the orchestra.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    tilarta wrote: »
    the post

Sounds like you might be better off with the Starter Pack, or just buying the BOff piecemeal once it all goes live. That might be what I end up doing since the Legacy pack is a steep purchase all at once when I could grind the dil and get all that for potentially a lot less, minus the exclusive bits.
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    jaturnley wrote: »
    Tell her you want to elope and head to Vegas. :P

We spent about $3k on our wedding, and we are still just as married as we were 16 years ago. ;)

You know, If it were up to me, I'd seriously take your advise. I LOVE Vegas.

Unfortunately, I lost COMPLETE control over the whole situation shortly after I proposed, when she called her friends and......her mother.
    They've been planning, scheming, fighting, crying, hugging, kissing and SHOPPING ever since.

I'd better get used to squirreling away my lunch money :rolleyes:
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• zenbrilligzenbrillig Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

So, in theory, if I was to make a second RR toon, they wouldn't get the pack if the first RR toon had claimed it?

Have you seen this post?

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=9293391#post9293391

It doesn't come out and say it, but it sure looks like it's per character. (Because the ability to reclaim only after all 4 are dismissed makes it look like you can claim it repeatedly, but the DOFFs are unique.)
  • number1romulannumber1romulan Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    think about what you said here before you open your mouth about it again. it is unacceptable to sell something to a person without making it very clear what it is they are actually buying. its also not legal. what you are saying is its ok to say 'buy it now and we'll tell you what you just bought later.' In this case the customer was prevented from making an informed decision prior to purchase because they did not know the details of what it is they were buying.

that is a headache waiting to happen. both for the buyer and crytpic, if they get alot of pissed off people screaming at them for a refund later because they were not told what they were buying and ended up with TRIBBLE or something that didn't turn out to be what it appeared to be. they got in trouble for doing something like this before and ended up being forced to refund a significant number of LTS accounts post launch. the last thing they need is any kind of potential legal trouble, especially associated with this update.

the sad part is that it could have been avoided entirely had they simply waited until they released the proper information about what it is people are buying. whoever said it was ok not to needs a serious talking to by whoever is in charge over there.

depends on the context. it doesn't mean they are worth a dime to the person they are selling them to on a personal level, but if, say, you were for some reason to end up in court about it, virtual items do have a monetary value. that was already settled quite awhile ago. so it would be more accurate to say, either they are worth it to you or they aren't

but that aside, the price of this pack is absurd, to put it politely. if this is a sign of whats to come - and previous statements imply that it is, i'm not confident in the long term survivability of this game

Just in case you have not noticed the latest trend in video game sales - over 50% of AAA games are being sold pre-order and giving some bonus with it.

The list is long:

some already out: Tomb Raider, Borderlands 2, mass effect 3, Bio Shock infinite, Defiance, Resident Evil 6, ++++++++++

Ones for pre-order now: Star Trek(jj Trek), Dead Island-Riptide, Company of Heros 2,Metro Lastlight, ++++

Most come without any demo these days and at most a few trailers.

You get a review AFTER the game is unlocked - then you play it and find out if it is any good.

So what is the difference?
  • tcbys1tcbys1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    jexsamx wrote: »
    Incidentally the Starter Pack comes with a VA ship. So really it works out pretty well.

The Ship is a RA not a VA ship.

Unless Im missing something.

I dont spend money on anything less than VA Ships.
  • drowrulesupremedrowrulesupreme Member Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm dubious about purchasing this pack, especially since the majority of items don't interest me:

In order of preference:

The rest of the items don't interest me.

Also, it's a lot of money to ask when I'm not even going to play the faction.
    It doesn't matter how many bells and whistles you attach if I'm not going to show up to perform in the orchestra.

From your own post you quoted the following information... "Special Reman Duty Officer Mini-Pack
    Add Reman Duty Officers with special traits to your crew. Unlocks only once per Romulan Republic character on an account."
    You only highlighted the bit saying you cannot multi-claim on each character so I thought I'd help by highlighting the bit which says it is per character, just like you wanted.

Oh, and gotta say it, Cosmic just became my new hero... patience of a saint, man, patience of a saint. :cool:
    "...we are far more united and have far more in common with each other than the things that divide us.”
    Jo Cox 22.6.1974 - 16.6.2016

This discussion has been closed.