What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Legacy of Romulus - Closed Beta - Round 1

Comments

• Options
    xion21183xion21183 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Congrats to those who got the invite and I hope you all provide good feedback.
  • Options
    roddy229roddy229 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Do people seriously need to start trolling the forums to get an invite?!?!?!
    Vice Admiral Thylek Shran- U.S.S. Omega (Odyssey Class Battleship) United Federation Space Command
    Vice Admiral T'vix RRW Talon (Scimitar Drednought)
    General S'tal IKS Q'vat (Bortasq' Battle Cruiser)
  • Options
    messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I hope i get an invite ive been wantin g to start testing the rommies and see what the dev team has got in store for us if not then i will wait with anticipation for the 21st :)
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    messahla wrote: »
    I hope i get an invite ive been wantin g to start testing the rommies and see what the dev team has got in store for us if not then i will wait with anticipation for the 21st :)

Good luck, you and I both have been eagerly awaiting the invites. I'll be seriously disappointed if I don't get one
    Vice Admiral Thylek Shran- U.S.S. Omega (Odyssey Class Battleship) United Federation Space Command
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Devs, managers, or whoever is in charge of invites....please send me one!
  • Options
    akaar2akaar2 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yes hand raised also...sadly I don't think I'm a player they're looking for :( Look forward to reading the posts though good luck all:)
  • Options
    tangolighttangolight Member Posts: 777 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    roddy229 wrote: »
    Apparently mine is too, apparently only people that spend their lives playing get the invites :\

While I'm pretty sure this isn't true, and I doubt you meant that literally - you have to admit that someone who did do that probably would make a better tester, having more time and all to test things. :)
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    tangolight wrote: »
    While I'm pretty sure this isn't true, and I doubt you meant that literally - you have to admit that someone who did do that probably would make a better tester, having more time and all to test things. :)

Lol, or it means they need to experience the sun once in a while
  • Options
    sarek93sarek93 Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    fallenhawk wrote: »
    It has nothing to do with then money . Now I'm guessing it has something to do with where you live.

To add to my previous post on things that my fleetmates and I think we can rule out (with only 12-15 of us discussing this of which 5-6 had invites, there's nothing statistically valid about any of the conclusions we drew): location doesn't seem to matter in the data collection process. The 5 people live in the US, but so do 5 of the people who didn't get the invites. And of those it was about half and half split by region (e.g. 1/2 the coast people get invites, 1/2 don't). So location doesn't seem to factor in.

Play time could contribute. I had more time on Tribble for testing than my fleetmates who got invites (I didn't), but most of it wasn't all that recent (think January for last Tribble play through; none of the members who got invites had tested new content either). The others had been playing more on Holodeck than I had of late. One interesting thing we did notice was that all the people who got invites that we knew of were ranked highly in the fleet donations leaderboards. They were all in the top 5ish slots. Might mean fleet donations or dil/doff grinding is part of the equation.
    "Insufficient facts always invite danger." - Spock
  • Options
    wootazwootaz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I am a near 500 day veteran and a past tribble tester. But no invite WTF. Guess being a long time paying customer dose not matter that much. :mad:
  • Options
    ask4spock1ask4spock1 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    All I can say is WOW...

You have brought STO back to life.

:D
  • Options
    suntarusuntaru Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Congrats to all that have gotten the invites for the closed beta. I myself are a little annoyed at how PWE and Cryptic are handling this expansion. I was a devout follower and player of STO until PWE took over. They said they would not change anything in the game, but thats all they have done is change it and charge everyone for their stuff. I know some of the LTS players are not upset by this and No I am not an LTS. Cryptic should give a little extra something to them other than just a borgified Reman. The LTS people put forth money to help this game get going from a rocky start.
    Ok , now I will get down from my soap box. PWE just remember that your subscribers and LTS members are the ones that have kept this game going through good and bad times. I myself have been F2P since the first day it started due to money constraints like a lot of the other players. I have been with STO since open beta and I will be here through the Legacy fo Romulans.
  • Options
    koflanmkoflanm Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    please please can I get an invite. I have been playing for a little over a month now and would be honored if I could get an invite. Blemishes and all I can wait to see what you guys have been working so hard on.

If I don't get an invite i'll still be happy once romulan faction is brought into play.

Hoping for a season 8 :-D
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    tried 6 time to get onto tribble each time server full with 14/14 , so the servers only hold 14 players ? . I gave up in the end
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Question, the OP stats that there is no NDA just make sure to post in the tribble forums, however my invite specifically says there is an NDA and after talking to one of the Devs in game he confirmed what my invite was saying. Is there a lack of communication over there Cryptic?
  • Options
    lepidolepido Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Please, invite me. regards!
  • Options
    abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    usscapital wrote: »
    tried 6 time to get onto tribble each time server full with 14/14 , so the servers only hold 14 players ? . I gave up in the end

No that just means you are the 14th person in line to get in, just calm down and wait a few minutes.
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I just realized something awesome: May 21 is barely a month away. :D

Even if you don't get an invite, you don't have that long to wait.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    abaddon653 wrote: »
    No that just means you are the 14th person in line to get in, just calm down and wait a few minutes.

Got in, still no beta invite.

Hey devs... hint hint
  • Options
    weiir1weiir1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You know, considering the Devs have lives and it's 8PM in their time zone, I'm guessing there won't be any more invites for today.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    weiir1 wrote: »
    You know, considering the Devs have lives and it's 8PM in their time zone, I'm guessing there won't be any more invites for today.

Your opinion is, as the borg would say... Irrelevant
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Good thing it's logical speculation and not an opinion then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    "The invites were programmatically generated based on criteria we were looking for and somewhat random from there. Round 1 of closed beta is very small and we've maxed out the capacity on TRIBBLE with queues to get in.

We are going to be adding more people as we get closer to launch and there will be an open beta if you don't get one of the invites prior to launch.

We appreciate that not everyone gets an invite and we're sorry. There are many many captains out there and this is a very focused test until we're ready to get the open beta started.

Thank you for your patience. May 21 is coming up fast!"
    -dastahl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bournehtyronebournehtyrone Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It's Reilly cool and I'm in going it sow thank you cryptic :):):)
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    weiir1 wrote: »
    "The invites were programmatically generated based on criteria we were looking for and somewhat random from there. Round 1 of closed beta is very small and we've maxed out the capacity on TRIBBLE with queues to get in.

We are going to be adding more people as we get closer to launch and there will be an open beta if you don't get one of the invites prior to launch.

We appreciate that not everyone gets an invite and we're sorry. There are many many captains out there and this is a very focused test until we're ready to get the open beta started.

Thank you for your patience. May 21 is coming up fast!"
    -dastahl

Do you have a link? (not that I don't trust you; I just like seeing the yellow text next to a dev post)
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Do you have a link? (not that I don't trust you; I just like seeing the yellow text next to a dev post)

Here you go.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    jexsamx wrote: »

Thanks. Glad to know I still have a chance of getting an invite.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    livinrtblivinrtb Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Brown Romulan ship skin I luvz it...thnx 4 the invite...im rly trying to break stuff good so far in aww of the graphics rly nice work artists...8D
  • Options
    voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Cryptic, buddy, pal, bestest friend in the whole wide world....I know "lives under a rock" isn't exactly a valid mailing address, but I think my invite got lost in the mail or some weird alien canine might have eaten it, but umm think you could try sending mine again??

:)

(yes I know that won't get me an invite to the closed beta, but a guy can dream)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dastahldastahl Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    voicesdark wrote: »
    Cryptic, buddy, pal, bestest friend in the whole wide world....I know "lives under a rock" isn't exactly a valid mailing address, but I think my invite got lost in the mail or some weird alien canine might have eaten it, but umm think you could try sending mine again??

:)

(yes I know that won't get me an invite to the closed beta, but a guy can dream)

If you were invited into Closed Beta Round 1, then you will be able to log onto the TRIBBLE test server, and if you have an open character slot (I've heard that if you have more than 3 characters on TRIBBLE already, you have to delete all but 2 of them to get an open slot) then you can create a Romulan on TRIBBLE.

So if you suspect that your email filter may have nuked your invite email, the email was a formality to let you know that you'd already been granted access. So you can always log onto TRIBBLE and try.

We'll be sending more invites over the next couple of weeks and we'll have an Open Beta prior to launch. Legacy of Romulus is only a month away, so even if you don't get an invite now, you'll be able to create a Romulan very soon!