What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Legacy of Romulus - Closed Beta - Round 1

Comments

• Options
    darthstormstrikedarthstormstrike Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Where to report the bugs? Already got one. Login server disconnects during creation. Then tried to speed it through with default and then I random a name to get "must be 3 more characters" then login server disconnect.

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Where to report the bugs? Already got one. Login server disconnects during creation. Then tried to speed it through with default and then I random a name to get "must be 3 more characters" then login server disconnect.
    Bugs go in the Tribble forum.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    captainpicard22captainpicard22 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I hope I get an invite! Been really looking forward to Season 7, always wanted to play a Romulan :D
  • Options
    trickster34trickster34 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Received the email before I even saw this thread, pleasantly surprised. :)
  • Options
    roamingmuttroamingmutt Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Wow, just as I read this I got an email. Here's hoping!
  • Options
    borgkiller31borgkiller31 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    on one hand, testing this stuff would be awsome
    on the other hand, spoilers may ruin the surprise on holodeck:confused:
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    on one hand, testing this stuff would be awsome
    on the other hand, spoilers may ruin the surprise on holodeck:confused:
    Yeah. That's why I never test on Tribble any more. I'd rather play it on Holodeck and just have fun with it.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    weiir1weiir1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I just hope that being a frequent tribble player isn't a requirement. :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    weiir1 wrote: »
    If I were taking a wild guess I'd assume pre-order people are getting in first. That's the way most MMOs tend to handle closed testing.
  • Options
    roamingmuttroamingmutt Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yay me!!!

Hope everyone gets an invite too!
  • Options
    kyrt32483kyrt32483 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Definitely looking forward to Legacy of Romulus, although I'll have to use dil to get Zen for my D'Deridex Refit. Would love to be a part of the Beta, but I figure it won't happen.
  • Options
    timerastimeras Member Posts: 33 Media Corps
    edited April 2013
    Woohoo, i got in. Thank you, Cryptic. Now onto some serious testing. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Photonen im Wind a foundry mission by timeras13
    Photonen im Eis a foundry mission by timeras13
    Photonen im Schatten a foundry mission by timeras13
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yay, I'm in ! I so promised myself not to spoil the Romulan stuff on Tribble for me... :D:o:)
  • Options
    voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    weiir1 wrote: »

Considering I got in, I don't think it is Frequency. Although I have played a lot recently, in general I haven't played on tribble much. I wasn't even part of the game until after F2P and only really "tested" (and by tested I mean played for an hour and got my tribble reward) season 6. I totally missed season 7 so other then leveling one character to 20, then rolling a new character to 38. I haven't really done much testing and few of it was useful.

thecosmic1 wrote: »
    If I were taking a wild guess I'd assume pre-order people are getting in first. That's the way most MMOs tend to handle closed testing.

If you are refering to the just release Starter and Legacy packs, I can say that was most likely not a factor, as I have yet to spend a dime on those.
  • Options
    sheepdog3sheepdog3 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think we all are hoping for the chance to get to test the new episodes and the Romulans.

:cool:
    "We know that the sheep live in denial; that is what makes them sheep. They do not want to believe that there is evil in the world...The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog...He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep...Still, the sheepdog disturbs the sheep...Until the wolf shows up. Then the entire flock tries desperately to hide behind one lonely sheepdog.
  • Options
    warchief551warchief551 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I got the invite but don't know how to get into the TRIBBLE test server
  • Options
    roddy229roddy229 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I sooo want one of those invites!
    Vice Admiral Thylek Shran- U.S.S. Omega (Odyssey Class Battleship) United Federation Space Command
    Vice Admiral T'vix RRW Talon (Scimitar Drednought)
    General S'tal IKS Q'vat (Bortasq' Battle Cruiser)
  • Options
    spartand1994spartand1994 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I understand that there is no NDA, but may I post YouTube videos of the Beta?
    This will be to show my experiences, thoughts, suggestions, and to show any bugs or glitches found.

Thanks, and can't wait to test.

Spartan_D1994
  • Options
    magusofborgmagusofborg Member Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    All I have to say, despite it's only in testing stage, this expansion is AWESOME!
    Joined August 2009
  • Options
    sanokskyratsanokskyrat Member Posts: 479 Media Corps
    edited April 2013
    Hmmmm.... what to do today? Man I wish Romulan's where here but i will guess i will play my other toons on STO, may go for a walk.... and whats this? An email? I am sure its nothing that import.... O...M...G...!

Well, i know what i am doing now. Thank you so much!
    1368747308047.cached_zpsl4joalbs.jpg
  • Options
    usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    so has this started yet then ?
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • Options
    guido1977guido1977 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I would really love to get an invite!
  • Options
    kanecabalkanecabal Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Mhh I am waiting on mine since I am pretty much one of the few people that plays this game since very early beta.
    Lifetime - Joined 2008 - U.S.S. Kilimanjaro - Inner Circle
  • Options
    startrek1warsstartrek1wars Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Excited! Just got the invite via e-mail! woohoo!
  • Options
    mrtoken_1390846233mrtoken_1390846233 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Dam would love an invite, at home sick, and bored :(

I need something to take my brain off my sore throat
  • Options
    roddy229roddy229 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    How are the invites received?
    Vice Admiral Thylek Shran- U.S.S. Omega (Odyssey Class Battleship) United Federation Space Command
    Vice Admiral T'vix RRW Talon (Scimitar Drednought)
    General S'tal IKS Q'vat (Bortasq' Battle Cruiser)
  • Options
    mrtoken_1390846233mrtoken_1390846233 Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    roddy229 wrote: »
    How are the invites received?

Sounds like by email tied to the account, once you get this it means your account has access to make a rom on test
  • Options
    praetorvex#9283 praetorvex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    im waiting too :D
  • Options
    sarek93sarek93 Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So obviously, I want a closed beta invite as much as the next guy (or gal) in this game. Within the people in my fleet that I know of, at least 3-4 had beta invites and we were trying to compare data on what each of them had done versus those of us who did not get beta invites. We think that we were able to rule out legacy pack order, amount of tribble testing (I had more time testing than any of them), join date (I had beta'd the game before it went live), amount of money spent on the game, Life Time Subscription (the ones with invites were a mix of LTS and non-LTS/non-subscribers), and participation in Tribble testing before (some of the ones with invites had not tested any of the seasons on their account). Now it just remains, what are they actually giving out invites based on...
    "Insufficient facts always invite danger." - Spock
  • Options
    generalthaxgeneralthax Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I've been waiting for this! I just love the Romulans, it would be incredible to try it out, I hope I can! :rolleyes: