test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Legacy Pack Pre-Order! [The price has now increased]

Comments

• sertonissertonis Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I agree, I spent a lot of money in this game already as much as I want the extra's I can't really justify putting more money into the game after the amount I already have. LT subscriber's probably should get this stuff for free... It doesn't really matter anyway I will just buy the extra races as that is all I really want with the bonus Zen I get.

This has a lot of negative responses, I would probably re look at the marketing and give more info before asking for this amount of money. I want this mmo to really succeed, so much work has been put into the game.

The expansion looks great however, it is good to see all the factions start at lvl one I just hope they have great content for each faction...
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    sertonis wrote: »
    I agree, I spent a lot of money in this game already as much as I want the extra's I can't really justify putting more money into the game after the amount I already have. LT subscriber's probably should get this stuff for free... It doesn't really matter anyway I will just buy the extra races as that is all I really want with the bonus Zen I get.

This has a lot of negative responses, I would probably re look at the marketing and give more info before asking for this amount of money. I want this mmo to really succeed, so much work has been put into the game.

The expansion looks great however, it is good to see all the factions start at lvl one I just hope they have great content for each faction...
    Do LTS members get Fed and KDF C-Store ships and items for free? No, so why should Rom LTS members?

It's just a C-Store sale. You can pre-order all the Rom C-Store items and get a 33% discount. If you don't want to you can still buy the items in the C-Store later, and nothing is stopping you from playing Roms and using the free T1 through T5 ships and uniforms.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    He has a point about the ships. They should be more detailed with statistics.

Weapons slots, console types and numbers and such statistics would really be a help.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Do LTS members get Fed and KDF C-Store ships and items for free? No, so why should Rom LTS members?

It's just a C-Store sale. You can pre-order all the Rom C-Store items and get a 33% discount. If you don't want to you can still buy the items in the C-Store later, and nothing is stopping you from playing Roms and using the free T1 through T5 ships and uniforms.

Well... we were able to use Veteran Perks to get our choice of some of the C-store ships.
    edited April 2013
    Well... we were able to use Veteran Perks to get our choice of some of the C-store ships.
    And there's nothing saying we still can't, as that blog hasn't been released yet but is coming.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • sollafsollaf Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Yes, Yes they do. Again, the VA Retrofits are free to LTS and Vets, there should be an equivalent for the Romulans. But what irritates me is the Liberated Borg, that should be open to LTS and VETS as well. But again We'll see, they have yet to announce the vet/LTS benefits.
    Sollaf: Join date Sep 2009, Lifer. Disgruntled with the JHSS, my Bug feels less shiny now.
  • originpioriginpi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I maintain that in my opinion 125 bucks is overpriced for the conent being given in the package.

There are a lot of quotes to this effect. People see and number and react. The pack contains the following, and the prices given are for the current Federation or KDF equivalents:

2 VA Ships (@25.00 each)
    2 RA Ships (@20.00 each)
    1 Cap +1 Ship (@15.00)
    1 Cmd +1 Ship (@10.00)
    1 LTC +1 Ship (@7.50)
    1 LT +1 Ship (@5.00)
    1 +1 Small Craft (@5.00)
    1 Liberated Borg Bridge Officer (@5.00)

30 Master Keys (@1.15 Each)

I add that up and it comes to $172. I didn't include titles, because most people don't care (I like them), or the Reman because many people will already be able to unlock this with T5 New Romulus Rep.

The bundle IS a discount. There is no arguing that. If you choose not to buy the products, go right ahead, but there is no need to bash the package or people who have purchased it.
  • pupibirdpupibird Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You tried to remove dili from STFs,
    you removed fleetmarks from the foundry missions,
    and above all you gave away my veteran titles
    I played and payed for 1000 days
    to noobs who just payed for them.
    So NO, wallet still closed.
    edited April 2013

They actually do. Veterans get a free VA retrofit ship on Fed side and one of several VA c-store ships on KDF side (Kar'fi for example) I think this was what was being referred to.
  • jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    sollaf wrote: »
    But what irritates me is the Liberated Borg, that should be open to LTS and VETS as well.
    It's a Liberated Borg BOFF, not a playable Liberated Borg. LTS players get the latter, not the former - you may have gotten the BOFF as a pre-order reward which may be confusing you.
    edited April 2013
    pupibird wrote: »
    You tried to remove dili from STFs,
    you removed fleetmarks from the foundry missions,
    and above all you gave away my veteran titles
    I played and payed for 1000 days
    to noobs who just payed for them.
    So NO, wallet still closed.

That got put back, get over it. STFs now reward far better than anything else in the game as far as marks/dilithium/items.

Yeah, because doing foundry is totally a fleet thing. And the foundry NEVER gets abused or anything either. They also ADDED fleet marks for PVP, btw, which is something that a fleet actually can do together and benefits from working together. They have also boosted the Dilithium reward of the foundry.

This arguement is getting old. The "true" 1000 day elitest movement is just absurd. Games need new players, so you people should stop looking down at them just because they supported the game in a lump-sum fashion and you did over time. (Not to mention, do people even use their vet titles?)

Do you have any arguements that have anything to do with this pack? Or do you just whine your generic whines in every thread on the forum?
  • pupibirdpupibird Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    originpi wrote: »
    (...).. Or do you just whine your generic whines in every thread on the forum?

Very much this!:D
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Do you have any arguements that have anything to do with this pack? Or do you just whine your generic whines in every thread on the forum?

you just got trolled :P lmao
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i have some questions:

- Where are the 3 consoles + ship (bortas, vesta equivalents) packs?

- where is the TOS bundle?

- where are the DOFF packs?

i would be very unhappy if i now buy the pack with a D'Deridex retrofit only to discover there is a 3 pack D'Deridex refit with extra consoles for 5000 Zen later in may, which ill have to buy once more, or even better - a fleet version available for 4 Fleet Ship Modules and 20k Dill.

(as seen in the KDF with the B'Rel retrofit)

instantly buying the pack IF branflakes can guarantee there will be no OTHER T5.5 versions of these ships included in the package.

so it seems they will have at least these things for us:

- a scimitar 3 pack - 5000 Zen

- a TOS bundle - 5000 Zen
  • mrkollinsmrkollins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I love the vid and the furious flames.
    Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    duaths1 wrote: »
    i have some questions:

i would be very unhappy if i now buy the pack with a D'Deridex retrofit only to discover there is a 3 pack D'Deridex refit with extra consoles for 5000 Zen later in may, which ill have to buy once more, or even better - a fleet version available for 4 Fleet Ship Modules and 20k Dill.

instantly buying the pack IF branflakes can guarantee there will be no OTHER T5.5 versions of these ships included in the package.

You are right I think. Scimitar is definately a 3pack ship on terms with Bortas and Odyssey.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Ships only for your Romulan faction characters. So limited use.
    NO INFO on the ships/consoles! You could be getting TRIBBLE and won't know till you open them! SOP for Cryptic/PWE.

Subscribers/LTS get no discount over F2Pers. Just another backhand to people actually paying 'extra' for this game.

I see nothing here that'd you get $125 worth of value from.
    For $100 during sale time you can get 12,100 Zen. (10,000*1.15+600)
    If you could do that ratio for the last $25, you'd end up with 15,125 Zen.
    So ask yourself if what you are getting is worth $15,125 Zen?
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
    edited April 2013
    i have some questions:

(as seen in the KDF with the B'Rel retrofit)

There's actually an FAQ thread, where it would have been more relevant there. However, considering it's not going to get any actual response no matter where you post it, it might as well be here. :P
  • felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    tpalelena wrote: »
    You are right I think. Scimitar is definately a 3pack ship on terms with Bortas and Odyssey.

Ehhh.... I hope not. I think the Scimitar ought to be something like the Typhoon or Jupiter class for Feds, and some equivalent for KDF. I would prefer something a bit less super-duper-capital ship for the Roms' Oddy Bortas equivalent.
    This arguement is getting old. The "true" 1000 day elitest movement is just absurd. Games need new players, so you people should stop looking down at them just because they supported the game in a lump-sum fashion and you did over time. (Not to mention, do people even use their vet titles?)

I don't use my 1,000 day vet titles... but I DO use my in-game title for having signed up on the forums back in 2009. How's that for elitist? :P
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    tpalelena wrote: »

I'm convinced it's going to be the Ha'apax, which incidentally is also not listed in the Legacy Pack. I point once again to the apparent auxiliary craft it has, a feature endemic to both previous flagship classes.

The Scimitar will likely be a Dreadnaught, or perhaps a flight deck/carrier ship, but it will almost certainly not be the flagship equivalent.
  • tcbys1tcbys1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    These packs seem like a waste.

Why cant there be a mid tier option for $39.99 that has the D deraix retrofit?

The starter pack it says a 31 dollar value? Where is that coming from?

All you get a Tier 1 ship, T5 RA ship some DO and some badge.
    edited April 2013
    tcbys1 wrote: »
    You can simply buy it from the C-Store when LoR goes live.
    T1 ship: $5.00
    T5 ship: $20.00
    Account-wide Liberated Borg Boff: $6.00
  • elessymelessym Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    tcbys1 wrote: »
    These packs seem like a waste.

All you get a Tier 1 ship, T5 RA ship some DO and some badge.

Tier 1 ship = $5.00
    Tier 5 ship = $20.00
    BOFF = $6.00
    Title = gratis

Total = $31.00
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    imho, just waiting pays off.

they will surely introduce Romulan Fleet Ships (so that Romulan ships can compete with KDF/FED ones).

in that case you will be better off just buying them from the fleet shop for 4 Fleet-ship Modules and some Dill. (if you don't plan on having 10 Romulan toons flying the same ship)

but the title... :)
    i think ill opt for the small pack, but let's hear what LTS will be getting first. (i would say playable Remans should be in)
    edited April 2013
    imho, just waiting pays off.

they will surely introduce Romulan Fleet Ships (so that Romulan ships can compete with KDF/FED ones).

in that case you will be better off just buying them from the fleet shop for 4 Fleet-ship Modules and some Dill. (if you don't plan on having 10 Romulan toons flying the same ship)

but the title... :)
    i think ill opt for the small pack, but let's hear what LTS will be getting first. (i would say playable Remans should be in)

My thoughts exactly. I am getting the small pack because I want that torp console and I love that ship, but spending all that on a bunch of ships that will doubtless be "refitted" to 10 console versions before long is a bit too much for me.
  • sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    $125 for a tier-5 Valdore is totally worth it. Everything else is just gravy.

You have my money.

Erm, that is, these ships do work the same as the other factions and I can apply the tier-3 Mogai refit skin (Valdore) to the teir-5 Mogai retrofit, right?
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    aestu wrote: »

sf =/= bay area, bay area =/= norcal, anyone who has ever lived in CA knows that the central valley, northern counties and east of the valley have nothing in common with the bay area, and sf is its own little world, when people from CA refer to the bay area they say the bay area, and when they refer to SF they say SF - cultural differences, land values and commute issues make the distinction very black-and-white...
    Well, as a San Diego Native, who's lived roughly 33 of his 40 years in SD County, I have often considered San Fransisco (along with places like Oakland, Berkley, Palo Alto) to be part of "The Bay Area" as well as part of "Northern California" (or "NoCal").

The California Government agrees:
    http://www.abag.ca.gov/abag/local_gov/city/

Aestu, I find your posts entertaining, if difficult to read, but please don't speak for "anyone who has ever lived in California" :cool:

As for my opinion on the Legacy Pack.

It's a great sale...

If you are someone who likes to collect C-Store items. In other words, if you feel the game has value (to your playstyle, to your genre/IP preference, way of life, etc.), and you like to buy most things in the C-Store, you will save money purchasing this set.

It's been said all the items (titles notwithstanding) in the set will be available for individual purchase in the C-Store. Looking at existing items, and going by the "$181 Value" listed on the pack page, I would project the new Romulan items will be priced as follows:

D'deridex-R $20
    Mogai-R $20
    Dhelan-R $20
    T'Varo-R $20
    D'ridthau $15
    Valdore $10
    Dhael $7.50
    T'Varo Lite $5
    Scorpion Fighter $5
    Reman PC $6
    Reman Borg BO $5
    Reman DOff MiniPack $2
    30x Master Keys $37.50
    Reman Nemesis Uniform $5.50
    (The 3x Titles wouldn't be up for individual purch, but say $1 each in "cost")
    Total Estimate Ala Carte Price: $181.50

The $125 promo price is about a 30% savings.

I haven't decided if I'm going to buy The Pack or not. In years past I have eventually purchased most of the ships in the C-Store. I got most of them during sales ranging from 15-50% off. The truth is that I don't get much use out of most of the ships, but I'm not unhappy nor regretful of my purchases.

I know I'll want the D'deridex-R. Love the D, in general, and can't wait to fly it regardless of it's features (s'long as they don't completely bork it up, lol). The other ships? I'm leery of purchasing them without first knowing the stats.

The Reman PC I'll get for free with some in-game resources thanks to the Romulan T5 Rep system, so that's out of the calculation.

Reman Borg BO has possibilities.... But is it locked into one class/gender, like the Amazon Borg, or will it be variable like the Veteran Android? And will my Romulan/Reman PC also be able to claim a Ally-Faction-Specific Amazon Borg? Not to mention, this is an (Rom-side) account-wide unlock... Borg BO in the C-Store now are Character-specific...

Reman DOff mini-pack. I love the DOff system. I'm sure I'll want these... I wonder how exclusive these DOffs are? Is it a random pack, or specific DOffs? And if just a generic pack, if purchased in the future, I'd still be buying for each of my Romulans...

30 Master Keys? Hmm... I do occasionally buy keys for opening boxes or selling for EC. The last I looked Keys were going for 1.4-1.6M. With what I already have, selling the 30 gets me close to one of the Lobi Ships on the Exchange I've had my eyes on... Hmm....

Reman Nemesis Uniform. As a STO Fashionista, I've already got (near) every costume piece available. What can I say? I enjoy playing dressup in the Tailor. LOL. So, I'll surely get this either way.

Titles. I'm a sucker for titles. $125 sucker? Sigh. I shouldn't think so.

So really, a lot depends on my decision of if I decide I'll want all the ships. Truth is I'm a collector, so that's probably a Yes. I can also afford it (no I'm not a lottery winner, but I do ok). I'll think about it a couple days, at least.

My personal recommendation to all who would want to jump in and buy either pack, consider the purchase, at least sleep on it.

:)

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    By the way I'm loving the new banner ads on the forum header for this.
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    daveyny wrote: »
    I'd have to put in an extra two days at work (after taxes), in order to get the Legacy Pack.

Unfortunately, they aren't allowing over-time where I work now.

:(

Sigh, Me too.

I have the money, but the fiance keeps a tight eye on things financial at the moment. Anything non wedding related, gets the kibosh pretty quickly.

I may just have to do something like make nice with the future mother in law..... :rolleyes:
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• capnmanxcapnmanx Member Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    sander233 wrote: »
    $125 for a tier-5 Valdore is totally worth it. Everything else is just gravy.

You have my money.

Erm, that is, these ships do work the same as the other factions and I can apply the tier-3 Mogai refit skin (Valdore) to the teir-5 Mogai retrofit, right?

Yup. Brandon confirmed it in an update to the Legacy Pack FAQ. :)
This discussion has been closed.