test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fleet T5 hangar pets

Comments

• calaminthacalamintha Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    momaw wrote: »
    I'm sorry, did I see somebody say 25 million? To get invited to somebody else's starbase and spend your own resources?

That seems... Well, let's just say I have no plans to get my fed-side Recluse out of drydock. :eek:

Well, you can always wait until more fleets hit T5 then. One of the perks of getting there first is that you can name your prices.
  • squishkinsquishkin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    mn03 wrote: »
    Because reaching T5 took no effort and resources on our part? :rolleyes:

I'm sure it did, but those are sunk costs that you've already spent. It's not like that 25m is going to offset some of the construction cost, it's going straight into somebody's pocket.
  • abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Yes but if the price was lowered you could get more people to pay for access to the fleet resources, thus making more money then if one guy paid 25 mil vs say four people paying 10 mil.
  • jarheardjarheard Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013

oh come of it...u put of ur effort on the science..so lets not get hypocrite ...u want money to invest in ur SB more ...this is of course logical and well deserved ..
    but a T5 ship..a full blown ship currently costs 15mil access to .

u asking 20-25mil ( depends who ur asking among ur fleetmates ) for just hanger pets????

this is a very idiotic move on ur part....if u put them on 5-8mil access ull be swarming with requests and money ...right now what ever u get is a fraction .

greedy doesnt equal smart in most cases.

there is already another fleet at that stage anyway and soon there will be more .
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,866 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    All of the people who say the Yellowstones are going to be so OP, I guess you've never seen a npc try to use EWP, generally they are easy to avoid.
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
  • praxi5praxi5 Member Posts: 1,562 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    lianthelia wrote: »
    All of the people who say the Yellowstones are going to be so OP, I guess you've never seen a npc try to use EWP, generally they are easy to avoid.

Perhaps... but what about when there's 8 of them? And they're spamming Chroniton torps and Tractor Beam 3 to boot?
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    squishkin wrote: »
    I'm sure it did, but those are sunk costs that you've already spent. It's not like that 25m is going to offset some of the construction cost, it's going straight into somebody's pocket.

So what if it does?

It is not as if they are forcing you to take up the offer.

If you don't like the costs, so be it. Move along and wait for your own fleet...
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

edited April 2013
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    So what if it does?

It's entirely disingenuous to talk about the costs of the starbase when talking about what to charge people to get access to those hangar pets. The costs of the starbase are sunk and have already been spent. Any access cost is now simple greed, nothing more (accounting of course for marginal costs, but I am assuming those are negligible).
    edited April 2013
    It's entirely disingenuous to talk about the costs of the starbase when talking about what to charge people to get access to those hangar pets. The costs of the starbase are sunk and have already been spent. Any access cost is now simple greed, nothing more (accounting of course for marginal costs, but I am assuming those are negligible).

In you opinion..

So fleets who are offering access to their T5 holdings, for a price. Should forget about what they have just spent in getting it there, because you believe that as already spent, and cannot count on your say so?

Time to wake up and come back to reality, sir....
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• contrarydecisioncontrarydecision Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    B-but I don't think I should HAVE to spend 25m to piggyback on someone else's time and effort!

IIRC that 25m gains you access to EVERYTHING. T5 science, T5 engineering, and a T3 embassy. Well worth it.
  • momawmomaw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    calamintha wrote: »
    Well, you can always wait until more fleets hit T5 then. One of the perks of getting there first is that you can name your prices.

Or just go without. There is a certain satisfaction in saying "No thanks" to people charging outrageous prices for things.
    edited April 2013
    In you opinion
    No, in the opinion of the discipline of economics.
  • khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Well, if people all understood that, the 1% wouldn't have been able to make so much money off them.

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • ironwolfiicironwolfiic Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So fleets who are offering access to their T5 holdings, for a price. Should forget about what they have just spent in getting it there, because you believe that as already spent, and cannot count on your say so?

Unless you've found a magic wand that turns EC into Dilithium, you are recovering literally nothing from charging people money, and in any case it's a total sunk cost. You could have the entire playerbase of STO wander in and buy five elite hanger pets and the only people who would lose money is Cryptic for running the server.
  • carrisracarrisra Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    MK XII purple tac consoles = 35+ million ec for 1, tier 5 sci access 25mil for what ever u can afford while your there, more that worth it in my opinion, i recently used the tier 5 sci available from Task Force Spectre and got me some elite pets i think the cost is more than justified, ty so much for allowing me to do so
  • sudoku7sudoku7 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Unless you've found a magic wand that turns EC into Dilithium, you are recovering literally nothing from charging people money, and in any case it's a total sunk cost. You could have the entire playerbase of STO wander in and buy five elite hanger pets and the only people who would lose money is Cryptic for running the server.

I can turn 50,000x5 EC into 2000 Dilithium pretty easily.
  • skyranger1414skyranger1414 Member Posts: 1,785 Arc User
    edited April 2013

25 million is a bargain, I would make access somewhere around 50 to 60 million at least. But it'd depend on how far along the base is, and getting to T5 sci is a unique circumstance since most fleets went for tac and engi first.
  • skyranger1414skyranger1414 Member Posts: 1,785 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Greed meeting desire, which will win out! Those hangar pets sure do seem nice....:D
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    momaw wrote: »
    Or just go without. There is a certain satisfaction in saying "No thanks" to people charging outrageous prices for things.

And those 25M won't last long. More fleets will reach T5 eventually, and fees will drop.
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    What you do with your money is your business.

What really should have happened was just allowing every captain to join another faction's starbase, and allowing everyone to use everyone's ships.

That way, there won't be any complaints of "havenots". We can have KDF players buying Yellowstones from Fed bases while Fed captains can access KDF tech.

And everyone can have DDrex's! After all, Star Trek is about everyone banding together to progress to a more enlightened existence.

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • empireofsteveempireofsteve Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The only thing that really sucks out of this is that you need 1.8 million fleet credits to get a pair of each of them. Dilithium you can grind on multiple toons and have enough in a day or two but getting that many fleet credits... thats the killer.
    NERF CANNONS - THEY NEED A 50% NERF
    CRUISERS NEED A 206% HULL BUFF
  • moradummoradum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    What is the cost at the fleet store for these in terms of the dilithium/fleet credit cost?

Also, does anyone know how much T5 fleet space weapons cost?
  • empireofsteveempireofsteve Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    moradum wrote: »
    What is the cost at the fleet store for these in terms of the dilithium/fleet credit cost?

Also, does anyone know how much T5 fleet space weapons cost?

They cost 100k fleet credits and 45k dil.
    NERF CANNONS - THEY NEED A 50% NERF
    CRUISERS NEED A 206% HULL BUFF
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    yeah, i can just hear the screaming, moaning, whining, crying and ******** now...people are already up in arms over adv. danubes, and those only have chronitons and TB2; now these have not only chronitons and TB3, but tetryon plasma as well...i forsee much rage-quitting of matches where these are fielded, and i hope i'm there to see at least one instance of it

And yet many will still claim the very specialized siphon drain builds of the KDF are OP while ignoring the specialized builds the yellowstones will create that hold and burn one to defeat.
    I do not look forward to the threads to come.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
    edited April 2013

Then you have no idea how economics work.

This is a product, that a fleet is selling for a price. They do not have to sell it, but they are.

You not affording it means nothing in this economy. Yes, I agree that they could indeed lower the price and make more sales, but it is entirely up to them.
    Plenty of happy customers so far though......

I would love to own a Ferrari, but I cannot afford one.
    If economics worked in your world, I should be able to go to any Ferrari dealer and buy it for what I want to pay for it.
    they should forget how much it took the company in R&D and associated costs in building it, because I say so. ;)
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

edited April 2013
    Then you have no idea how economics work.

This is a product, that a fleet is selling for a price. They do not have to sell it, but they are.

You not affording it means nothing in this economy. Yes, I agree that they could indeed lower the price and make more sales, but it is entirely up to them.
    Plenty of happy customers so far though......

I would love to own a Ferrari, but I cannot afford one.
    If economics worked in your world, I should be able to go to any Ferrari dealer and buy it for what I want to pay for it.
    they should forget how much it took the company in R&D and associated costs in building it, because I say so. ;)

Do you have any idea what a "sunk cost" is? What "marginal costs" are? How old are you, twelve?
  • voxinvictusvoxinvictus Member Posts: 261
    edited April 2013
    Do you have any idea what a "sunk cost" is? What "marginal costs" are? How old are you, twelve?

Do you know what market segmentation and monopoly pricing are?
  • viper40wattviper40watt Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Regardless of all of the resources being spent on the Starbase up until this point being a sunk cost, they are free to price access to it at any level they desire. Trying to maximize their profits from selling access to recoup as much of their building costs is just common sense. Depending upon how far out the rest of the fleet starbase pack is from T5 science, they should certainly start at a high price, then work their way down as other bases progress.
  • silence1311silence1311 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I know that the costs may seem steep but I have regularly worked on the Fleet projects and know how much effort it takes to complete. I was there when we first had the project and I logged in a few minutes late (Servers are...Um..Not nice) a I was all pumped to be able to get a Fleet promotion. I opened up the tab and...*silence*(For eerie effect) Finished..Dam* it was only a few minutes and they finished it. I mean the Dilithium cost is very steep (I think 3,200,000) and the other requirements where 'over the hill!'. If you base it all off the cost is somewhat..cheap. Well a bargain. Imagine the Fleet Shields, Weapons, Deflector, Engines, 'Warp Core', Hangars decked out in your dream Fleet ship...Kinda nice huh...
    Thank you Task Force Spectre for an awesome fleet! :)
    edited April 2013

I do thanks, but this is where I cease this debate..
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif