test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fleet T5 hangar pets

Comments

• thegrimcorsairthegrimcorsair Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The Elite Peregrine's getting CRF 1 and not HYT will probably still have them playing second fiddle to Elite Scorpions.

The Elite Stalkers could make for some spiffy shennanigans, given they have Battle Cloak and can kill Aux/Cloak like the dickens.

The Elite Mesh Weavers have Attack Pattern Beta 3 and Fire-at-Will. Eww.

Elite Jem Fighters with DEM 3 might add up to nasty (pair with Mesh Weavers and Scorpions for massive hull-hit potential).

Elite Type 10 Shuttles have the same PH1 and twin Phaser Arrays of the Advanced, and gain a micro-photon torp. Nothing to see here, move along.

Elite Shield Repair Units, now with even more hull, maybe enough to make them worth using over the EC variants? At 100k Fleet Credits and 45k dilithium? Not bloody likely!

Elite Delta Flyers get Tachyon Beam 3, no change to the Phaser Array or Transphasic torp noted. Yay for a bit more shield peeling?

Elite Jem Attack Ships get Beam Overload 2 and CRF 3... those would seem to be working at cross purposes, but will probably still be punchy when the attack command is given to two full groups of them.

Elite Yellowstone Runabouts with Tractor Beam 3 and Tetryon Warp Plasma. Hey, uh, if anyone said even Cryptic wouldn't be looney enough to do that... well... maybe gravy will make the crow taste better....
    If you feel Keel'el's effect is well designed, please, for your own safety, be very careful around shallow pools of water.
  • squishkinsquishkin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Those should probably be Elite Widows, not Scorpions. I wonder if it will ever be fixed.

Elite Widows should be Tholian Reputation pets, not starbase pets.
    edited April 2013
    neos472 wrote: »
    the battle cloak on the stalkers is new but im really happy about those yellowstones those will give light carriers/ vesta's a real leg up.

Pssst, they already had a real leg up, now they get use everybody as fire hydrants.

(If your most was meant in sarcasm, I probably missed it due to being quite tired.)
    If you feel Keel'el's effect is well designed, please, for your own safety, be very careful around shallow pools of water.
    edited April 2013
    praxi5 wrote: »
    Those Runabouts are disgusting.

We need to nip these in the bud and get them changed now.

QFT.

I already fly a Vesta with Target: Engines 3, a Tractor Beam, and the el-cheapo Runabouts that came with it and can keep a single target basically in slow motion AP:O/PH be damned.

Now I get a no-cost way to draw out Hazard Emitters without ever needing to fire on a target? That's just ridiculous.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    lianthelia wrote: »
    Those Runabouts sound like they are going to be awesome! I can't wait! :D

I think it's going to be my first purchase. They look awesome. :cool:
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • atatassaultatatassault Member Posts: 1,008 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    momaw wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry about the Jem Fighter's damage being all that amazing. They still have no torpedo, and they're still a fighter so their energy weapon performance is still going to be terrible.

But the polaron energy drain on that many weapons could be...amusing...
    NPCs are terrible at using Torps. They often shoot into shields. Having more energy weapon damage rather than sacrificing some for Torps means more effective damage. The Bortasqu' auxiliary BoP is actually a decent torp pet since it uses transphasics (meaning, that when most of its torps hit shields, 50% of the torp damage gets applied to hull).
  • sudoku7sudoku7 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hmm, nice that the URs for lockboxes are there.

Question though, does that mean that a player can buy the UR jem hadar attack ship without having the JHAS ship?
  • xantrisxantris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Holy TRIBBLE! Did the Jem'Hadar Fighters (Hanger Pets everyone hated since they were so underpowered in the beginning) just become the highest DPS Fighters in the game?! That's 2 Polaron Weapons with 360 degree firing arcs AND rapid fire... That's 24 Polaron Weapons with 360 firing arcs for any Jem'Hadar Dreadnought! :eek:

(I hear the cries of "NERF!!!" from pvp'ers in the near future)

No. Not even close.
    edited April 2013
    Well it's obvious they can out DPS the Elite Scorpions (especially with talks about the Plasma Proc nerf coming up) but I seriously think the Jem Fighters might be able to out DPS the Jem Attack Ships just because of the sheer numbers you can field.... The amount of Energy Drain Proc's to a target's systems is gonna be disgusting :eek:

Not w/out a torp. I don't see the energy proc drain being worth it compared to other hanger pets.
  • ferdzso0ferdzso0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The Elite Peregrine's getting CRF 1 and not HYT will probably still have them playing second fiddle to Elite Scorpions.

I really thought they were gonna get HYT, and even then I would have questioned it if they were on par with elite scorpions.
    on the other hand atleast with crf they will be better against shielded targets (still if you already have elite scorps there is not much point in buying these too)...

the yellowstones on the other hand should be interesting. they will be popular :D

10k DPS Vesta threads: 1; 2
    edited April 2013
    NPCs are terrible at using Torps. They often shoot into shields. Having more energy weapon damage rather than sacrificing some for Torps means more effective damage. The Bortasqu' auxiliary BoP is actually a decent torp pet since it uses transphasics (meaning, that when most of its torps hit shields, 50% of the torp damage gets applied to hull).

Ah, no. It's not about "how" they use them, it's about how often. A low relaunch time on a hanger bay means an absolute monsterous amount of torpedos, since each launch comes out w/ a fresh torpedo ready to go.

For the most part, in PvE anyway, shields are thin are hulls are massive. So you are hitting hull a lot of the time regardless.

That's why elite scorpions are so powerful. You have a handful of fresh Heavy Plasma Torp ready to go every time you launch them.
  • hydrodurahydrodura Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    sudoku7 wrote: »
    Hmm, nice that the URs for lockboxes are there.

Question though, does that mean that a player can buy the UR jem hadar attack ship without having the JHAS ship?

you must own the correct ship to buy the fleet attack bug
  • talientalien Member Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Unholy TRIBBLE, the Mesh Weaver.....AP beta 3?

wut.
    wut.
    wut.
    wut.
    wut.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ferdzso0 wrote: »
    the yellowstones on the other hand should be interesting. they will be popular :D
    yeah, i can just hear the screaming, moaning, whining, crying and ******** now...people are already up in arms over adv. danubes, and those only have chronitons and TB2; now these have not only chronitons and TB3, but tetryon plasma as well...i forsee much rage-quitting of matches where these are fielded, and i hope i'm there to see at least one instance of it
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Damn, some of those are better than actual players I see in ESTFs lol.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Could u pls also post fleet shield stats and while you're at it post those elite fleet weapon stats too. Heard a log about those but never saw any stats.
  • captainmal3captainmal3 Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Oh god, I want to buy a recluse just to use those mesh weavers...
  • drkfrontiersdrkfrontiers Member Posts: 2,477 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    yeah, i can just hear the screaming, moaning, whining, crying and ******** now...people are already up in arms over adv. danubes, and those only have chronitons and TB2; now these have not only chronitons and TB3, but tetryon plasma as well...i forsee much rage-quitting of matches where these are fielded, and i hope i'm there to see at least one instance of it

I look forward to seeing what the KDF elite stores have. I'm particularly looking forward to resurrecting my ES drain carrier. It will do nicely on my Recluse. Good Times! Or wait!!! My Kar'fi Frigates could use an upgrade!
  • jarheardjarheard Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    25 mil for access to buy a hanger pet...

u guys are really out there ...

i can pay 15 mil to get a full T5 ship ....at best i would pay 5-7 mil to get an elite hanger pet...especially when so many fleets are nearing that point as well

such a non smart move on ur part ...u could have made 1bil in day of posting like that..25mil is ur over greediness demise

good luck with that pfft
    edited April 2013
    Could u pls also post fleet shield stats and while you're at it post those elite fleet weapon stats too. Heard a log about those but never saw any stats.

here is an earlier video but not the new 20%acc weapon http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofYOqtwWJUk
    edited April 2013
    jarheard wrote: »
    25 mil for access to buy a hanger pet...

u guys are really out there ...

i can pay 15 mil to get a full T5 ship ....at best i would pay 5-7 mil to get an elite hanger pet...especially when so many fleets are nearing that point as well

such a non smart move on ur part ...u could have made 1bil in day of posting like that..25mil is ur over greediness demise

good luck with that pfft

what players forget how much it cost us to get here. you might never know. but for the fleet who are in the tier 5 know how much work and how much ec and how much real life money like buying zen to get dil cost. cry me a river
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I look forward to seeing what the KDF elite stores have. I'm particularly looking forward to resurrecting my ES drain carrier. It will do nicely on my Recluse. Good Times! Or wait!!! My Kar'fi Frigates could use an upgrade!
    as do i, especially the elite slavers...of course, for that amount of dil and FM, they better have double the chance to steal contraband that the advanced ones do
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The Mesh Weaver and JHAS pets are great but ship limited, and both sides have equal access to lobi-store carriers, so its a wash. That just leaves the Yellowstones. Holy TRIBBLE. Finally be able to immobilize a sphere flight instead of just one ship while the rest fly on. Me likey.

So the question becomes what is worth more, that the Feds have one really really nasty pet and a bunch of junk, or that the KDF which probably won't have anything QUITE so ugly, but have so many more options of still very good pets? Who's got the better overall stable?
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Very Interesting. Like said above, the special Elite fighters are going to be the ones in high demand.

Think the Peregrine and the Type 10 could use some buffage, doesn't seem like they are much different than the Advanced. The Delta flyer with TB3 is nice, but I would give it a High Yield Torpedo capability.

Also looking at the Yellowstone, maybe give new names for the Elite Peregrine and Type 10. Like call the Type 10 the Type 13 and the Peregrine becomes the Kestral (not after our believed Dev). :P
  • captainmd10captainmd10 Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Oh my, now I'm not sure what elite fighters to get for my carriers...

Is it just me, or are there some elite fighter pets that normally spawn 3 fighters (namely the Peregrine, Stalker, and Jem'Hadar Fighters) only spawning 2 fighters instead?

EDIT: Whoops, it says 2 for deployed wings but 3 for fighters per wing. Nevermind.
  • praxi5praxi5 Member Posts: 1,562 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The Mesh Weaver and JHAS pets are great but ship limited, and both sides have equal access to lobi-store carriers, so its a wash. That just leaves the Yellowstones. Holy TRIBBLE. Finally be able to immobilize a sphere flight instead of just one ship while the rest fly on. Me likey.

So the question becomes what is worth more, that the Feds have one really really nasty pet and a bunch of junk, or that the KDF which probably won't have anything QUITE so ugly, but have so many more options of still very good pets? Who's got the better overall stable?

You could always halt a Sphere flight...

GW, Tyken's, EWP, PSW, Chroniton Spreads, etc.

The Yellowstones are just absolutely horribly OP. Why should these pets (which were arguably OP to begin with) get TWO free Lt Cmdr BOff abilities?
  • sudoku7sudoku7 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Oh god, I want to buy a recluse just to use those mesh weavers...

Trying to decide if it would be worthwhile for me to buy the VR mesh weaver from the dil store to see how it works out.
  • talientalien Member Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    You know, thinking about "OP" hangar pets I REALLY want to see what the elite Fer'Jai are going to look like. I mean sure, elite Runabouts and Yellowstones are going to be beyond annoying for anyone targeted by them, but the advanced FJ from the dil store already can put out more DPS than some players.

I'm also interested in seeing what the elite BoP will have.
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,275 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I think these elite Jem'Hadar fighters might be worth getting.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • ischaffeischaffe Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    that is actually a good point, that may make doing a jem dread worth it