test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Who would like to See a Ship Sale?

13»

Comments

• bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I wish there would be a ship sale or even a sale on something worthwhile, ive been sitting on 25k zen for 3 months now and not one thing worth buying at these prices.

Moar stuffz in C-Store FTW!

Sitting on a bunch of zen myself... :)
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • kintishokintisho Member Posts: 1,040 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    yay ship sales!!!
  • kyias1kyias1 Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I want to see a 50% off for all ships over a year old.

That would be cool.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    kyias1 wrote: »
    I want to see a 50% off for all ships over a year old.

That would be cool.

i wouldn't mind that; it would mean the odyssey/bortasqu' packs going down to 2500 zen, provided the sale happens after the 1 year anniversary of their release in the store
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Still hoping...

Still shopping days left in March...

April, maybe?
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    bluegeek wrote: »
    Still hoping...

Still shopping days left in March...

April, maybe?

First Contact Day is April 5.
  • stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    When was the last time we had a ship sale? Back when the Vesta was released?

It's time for another one.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    There really is no point in threads like this. They won't announce sales beforehand for obvious reasons. No one would buy stuff for full price if they knew there is a sale coming. :P
  • jelly0jelly0 Member Posts: 560 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    qjunior wrote: »
    There really is no point in threads like this. They won't announce sales beforehand for obvious reasons. No one would buy stuff for full price if they knew there is a sale coming. :P

Nobody is buying stuff due to waiting for a sale anyway lol
    edited March 2013
    qjunior wrote: »
    jelly0 wrote: »

^^^^ what he said...okay, i did buy some fleet support doff packs on thursday, but that was for obvious reasons
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • pwedisplaynamepwedisplayname Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Actually, it's a great time for a zen purchase... er, ship sale.

Lots of people are out Zen because they purchased the Kumari, so a ship sale would essentially be a enticement to buy more Zen.
  • erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    jelly0 wrote: »
    Damn, you just broke my devious plan :(

I'm hoping for a ship sale since sometime. Waiting to buy the vesta pack...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • silverfaustxsilverfaustx Member Posts: 262
    edited March 2013
    not gona trade my dil in with this high zen rate...
  • shadowaxxshadowaxx Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The closer we get to the expansion, the less likely i would be to buy anything from the C-Store, even on sale. So, is PWE wants any more of my $$$, a C-store sale should happen sooner rather than later.
  • kalel514kalel514 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    What do you know. ... another "zen" sale.... I think we may have seen the last of actual ship sales... but you can throw your money away on lock boxes since keys got a discount. ..
    edited April 2013
    kalel514 wrote: »
    What do you know. ... another "zen" sale.... I think we may have seen the last of actual ship sales... but you can throw your money away on lock boxes since keys got a discount. ..
    i just bought 2 10-packs today, and got some very nice stuff...no JH HEC, unfortunately

#LegalizeAwoo

• nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,628 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If there is a ship sale around May 21st I'll be a few Klingon ships for sure.
  • stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Well at least something positive came out of the ZEN sale. Gathered enough ZEN to buy 13 FSMs and trade them in for a lockbox ship via Exchange.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • incubusangelincubusangel Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Originally Posted by kalel514

I'm starting to suspect this as well, that we might not be seeing any C-Store sales anymore. After all, Cryptic already has your money the minute you buy any Zen. The only thing a sale does is give you an incentive to spend whatever Monopoly money you're still sitting on and technically that doesn't add to their profit margins at all. So while I can understand the reasoning, I still find it to be a disturbing trend if it's true.
  • atlasmk7atlasmk7 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm starting to suspect this as well, that we might not be seeing any C-Store sales anymore. After all, Cryptic already has your money the minute you buy any Zen. The only thing a sale does is give you an incentive to spend whatever Monopoly money you're still sitting on and technically that doesn't add to their profit margins at all. So while I can understand the reasoning, I still find it to be a disturbing trend if it's true.

What about those who don't have any zen and would buy some only if there was a ship sale? Totally silly to think there won't be any more ship sales IMO.
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    atlasmk7 wrote: »
    What about those who don't have any zen and would buy some only if there was a ship sale? Totally silly to think there won't be any more ship sales IMO.
    I am not exactly sure that saving $4-5.00 is a huge incentive. It's not like people are saying to themselves: "I'd buy that ship for $20 if it were on sale, but not $25" - and this is especially true when you factor in that they can grind $5.00 worth of zen in about a week just doing their normal 8k Dilithium per day.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • capnmanxcapnmanx Member Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    atlasmk7 wrote: »

For someone buying zen, a ship sale is no more cost effective than a zen sale; you'd save money either way. A ship sale just helps people who are grinding dilithium to buy zen on the exchange, without helping the people who are buying that zen with real money in the first place. There's no good business reason to do that.