test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Who would like to See a Ship Sale?

Comments

• born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    tangolight wrote: »
    The last few sales were ship sales. I'd like to see a general sale. Or a services sale. I want to buy a bunch of inventory, boff, ship, and doff slots for my characters!

I think a month long z-store sale on all Items would be a fantastic Idea - like if it lasted all of March - that would eat up a large chunk of the space before Dan said they would be giving more detailed news about the May update.

A month long sale would give people lots of time to save up and get stuff all month long which would keep people busy through April even after tha sale ended - playing with their new toys.
  • logicalspocklogicalspock Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If I remember right, I seem to recall some developers suggesting that Cryptic has little to no control over store sales. If you notice, since Perfect World took over, a lot of the store sales were replaced with sales on their karma-points which means that those who get a stipend are out of luck.

When there are store sales, they rarely conform to American holidays anymore and rarely is the entire store on sale.

I have a feeling that the accountants at PWE are calling the shots on this.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I joined up last year. I didn't see a ship sale until about June/July time period. So it could a few more months yet for it.

I hope there is another Uniform sale as well. As that is on my next purchases other than the ships I been wanting.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • twamtwam Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Last year we also got an Anniversary sale, 20% off everything (I think, might've been 15%. It's documented in the wiki).

I was really hoping for that one.

Now? Maybe tomorrow. After the launch of the Vesta there was a sale a week later (you can search for the announcements and crossreference the dates :) )
  • starhoundstarhound Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I have been saving for the Regent and to be honest, Im reluctant to buy it because Im waiting on a ship sale.

Additionally, I'd be all over the Oddy pack if it was just 2500 zen. I want that pack more than the Regent but its too damn pricey.
    We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes. - Gene Roddenberry
    edited February 2013
    If I remember right, I seem to recall some developers suggesting that Cryptic has little to no control over store sales. If you notice, since Perfect World took over, a lot of the store sales were replaced with sales on their karma-points which means that those who get a stipend are out of luck.

When there are store sales, they rarely conform to American holidays anymore and rarely is the entire store on sale.

I have a feeling that the accountants at PWE are calling the shots on this.

Hope that is not right - a month long "March Madness" sale is just what they need right now to carry through the downtime before more news on the May update. I think their are a lot of people sitting on the fence waiting.
  • daskippadaskippa Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Ship sales are bad; they make you go blind<----almost a real fact:P
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Personally, I am impatiently waiting for a ship sale to buy a Vesta bundle. I've got about half the Zen I need.

I will not buy the bundle unless there's a sale, either on the ship itself or the Zen needed to buy it, or both. I will not spend Zen on anything else until I possess a Vesta bundle.

Traditionally, after they release a new C-Store ship a ship sale for the older ships happens. I'm not sure it's a hard-and-fast rule, but that's been the normal pattern. That's what I'm waiting for.

I've seen the pattern enough times, even after the PWE acquisition, to have a reasonable guess that I will be kicking myself very hard if I don't wait.

So I'm waiting. I don't need a Vesta. I merely want it. I have no burning incentive 2 get 1 nao!!! And I get to save my money while I'm waiting.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
    edited February 2013
    daskippa wrote: »
    Ship sales are bad; they make you go blind<----almost a real fact:P

blind and crazy - last sale I bought 4 ships! Right now I have my eyes on 3 more!(technically 5 as I want the Vesta Pack)
  • mattymooremattymoore Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    yep it would be about time
  • cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    edited February 2013
    cidstorm wrote: »
    I am currently saving for a regent. This would be cool.

It's 1 of the 3 on my list. So many people say they are saving so a month long z-store - march madness sale would make the most sense and be popular.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'd like a whole store sale. A couple of my Alts need extra inventory space too. But I ain't paying full price for it.
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
    edited February 2013
    I'd like a whole store sale. A couple of my Alts need extra inventory space too. But I ain't paying full price for it.

As I said a store-wide "march madness sale" would be awesome - people need more doff slots, ship slots, character slots, boff slots - especially the ship slots with all the new ships.

I think the month long sale would really get the store moving with the march break coming.
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Sure, they wanna sell me a peghqu or krenn I'll pay, but I won't open 200 lockboxes or buy a LTS to get one.

They can keep the rest of their c-store lolships.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
    edited February 2013
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    Sure, they wanna sell me a peghqu or krenn I'll pay, but I won't open 200 lockboxes or buy a LTS to get one.

Sadly there is not much there for the KDF - I will get the Guramba to add to my collection. When 85% of the playerbase is Fed thn they have to cater to them - and the sale would suck in most of the playerbase if the made it Store-wide!(couple of my KDF toons need more ship and boff slots)
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Sadly there is not much there for the KDF - I will get the Guramba to add to my collection. When 85% of the playerbase is Fed thn they have to cater to them - and the sale would suck in most of the playerbase if the made it Store-wide!(couple of my KDF toons need more ship and boff slots)

Even if it was store wide I doubt those of the 16% who don't have everything in the store would find anything interesting. I would buy a Garumba if I wasn't scared it would get nerfed a week later, or outright broken like the fleet somraw. I was ready to buy the c-store kamarag before I saw how utterly disfunctional the other free versions were.

I bought a fighter last ship sale, sadly I don't have a reason to fly it anymore- they killed the vault mission.
    :cool:

<edit> forgot that you were talking about the 'other' guys, the 84% of the playerbase. Sry, my fed toon gets NO c-store gear.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
    edited February 2013
    lordmalak1 wrote: »

But if it's store-wide you can buy a lot of fleet ship modules and get KDF fleet ships.

I have 4 KDF fleet ships to get at 4 modules each so 16 modules in total - on top of 5 - T5.5 ships(4 fed 1 KDF) - maybe 6 for the plasmonic leech that I want to get as well.
    edited February 2013
    Now that a number of people have had a chance to see this thread, I have moved it to the C-Store subform where the feedback is more likely to be seen by the folks who run the C-Store.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
  • skydawnknightskydawnknight Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    bluegeek wrote: »
    Now that a number of people have had a chance to see this thread, I have moved it to the C-Store subform where the feedback is more likely to be seen by the folks who run the C-Store.

And thank you for that!

I've been scanning through stuff at the C-Store for a while now but I always hold out. If there was a sale, I'd pick up at least one new ship, if not two.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    i'm eagerly waiting for one, but i don't want it coming too quickly, as i'm still zen farming; it would be nice if it comes in at the latter half of march
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well, I just went and bought 12100 zen through Skrill. Now I need a C-Store sale to dump it all on.
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • captainhundleycaptainhundley Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    If the past is any indication, we should be due a ship sale on Thursday. If that proves to be the case, I will also take advantage of the current zen sale. Shame the Andorian ships won't be included, though...
  • article001article001 Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    15% bonus ZEN Promo . . . probably means no sale this month?
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Ship sale not so much, but it's been like forever since any sale that included "Services" and "Duty Officers". Waiting for those...
    PyKDqad.jpg
    edited February 2013
    suaveks wrote: »
    Ship sale not so much, but it's been like forever since any sale that included "Services" and "Duty Officers". Waiting for those...

have they ever actually done sales on services or duty officers? i know they've done ships, which seem to be their most common, lockbox keys, which are a bit more common, and costumes, which i only saw one of last year, but never either of those two
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    have they ever actually done sales on services or duty officers? i know they've done ships, which seem to be their most common, lockbox keys, which are a bit more common, and costumes, which i only saw one of last year, but never either of those two
    They did general sales on the whole store assortment, but ever since f2p those sales have been pretty scarce. I guess this kind of general sale would be great, but I'm saying that more than ships I'd personally prefer services and doffs, to expand slots on all my toons and all that.
    PyKDqad.jpg
    edited February 2013
    suaveks wrote: »
    They did general sales on the whole store assortment, but ever since f2p those sales have been pretty scarce. I guess this kind of general sale would be great, but I'm saying that more than ships I'd personally prefer services and doffs, to expand slots on all my toons and all that.

i would only ever buy doff slots if they came in an account-wide option; even on sale, paying for 100 extra slots on 16 characters is way too damn expensive

same goes for every other slot purchase

#LegalizeAwoo

• captainbaileycaptainbailey Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I wish there would be a ship sale or even a sale on something worthwhile, ive been sitting on 25k zen for 3 months now and not one thing worth buying at these prices.
    edited February 2013
    article001 wrote: »
    15% bonus ZEN Promo . . . probably means no sale this month?

Not necessarily. The ZEN promo is across all PWE products.

This would apply strictly to STO's C-Store.

I have seen these kinds of sales back-to-back before, so I'm not ready to rule it out just yet.