test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Queen is dead, now what?

apulseapulse Member Posts: 456 Arc User
So we have entered the Hive, got out, killed the Queen.
Has Cryptic announced anything what the aftermath will now be with the Borg? Are they defeated in the Alpha Quadrant or are they still standing strong?
21ajpqt.png
Post edited by apulse on

Comments

• Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    She'll be back. She always comes back... :P
  • Options
    wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Shes not dead, shes just sleeping, go back and do the job properly :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    According to Stowiki.org, when a Borg Queens dies, then another Queen rise up and takes over.
    So I know that the Borg is not defeated, but this is Alpha Quadrant and not Delta Quadrant so they should be dissorientated or something... if they don't keep a stock of Queens at the basement.
    21ajpqt.png
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Borg Queen: next time star fleet!!! NEXT!! TIIIIIIIMMEE!!!!

Assimilated cat: Meow
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The next thing would be a "Return of Sela" Feature Episode. Who knows after that. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Borg Queen: next time star fleet!!! NEXT!! TIIIIIIIMMEE!!!!

Assimilated cat: Meow

Borg Queen is the new Megatron
    21ajpqt.png
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    My thoughts are that we did something to the Collective so a Borg Queen doesn't keep on showing up. My idea is the loss of a Borg Queen fractures the Collective to such a degree that various Borg factions appear. There is the classic borg faction that strives for perfection through assimilation, the borg faction wants to make amends for their centuries of horror on the universe, and the playable borg faction that want to find their way in the galaxy. There will be other factions as well.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    starkaos wrote: »
    My thoughts are that we did something to the Collective so a Borg Queen doesn't keep on showing up. My idea is the loss of a Borg Queen fractures the Collective to such a degree that various Borg factions appear. There is the classic borg faction that strives for perfection through assimilation, the borg faction wants to make amends for their centuries of horror on the universe, and the playable borg faction that want to find their way in the galaxy. There will be other factions as well.

Exactly, there must be some extensive damage, like internal bleeding in the collective. But if we are going into cannon stuff.. in First Contact when the Borg Queen died, the rest of her drones died as well.

My point is anyway, is the main threat eliminated or was we setup to think that Borg Queen is the cause of everything wrong in this universe or not.
    21ajpqt.png
  • Options
    cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Click your heels together, and say,"There's no place like ESD, There's no place like ESD."You remembered to get the ruby combat boots from the loot drop, right?:D
  • Options
    alexanderthomalexanderthom Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    well, for example... seven was supposed to be the next queen if voyager didn't take her... and in the books that takes after the last episode of voyager it talks about borg's queen protocol which means the next female that the Borg assimilate will be the next queen.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    well, for example... seven was supposed to be the next queen if voyager didn't take her... and in the books that takes after the last episode of voyager it talks about borg's queen protocol which means the next female that the Borg assimilate will be the next queen.

So in retrospect, nothing changes, nothing happens.
    21ajpqt.png
  • Options
    fllyraenfllyraen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The hive was merely a setback!
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    We just stubbed their toe.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Starfleet has already killed a couple of Borg Queens so either the Queen is a meaningless figurehead and it doesn't matter who is in charge or Starfleet knows the Queen will pop up eventually and came up with some insurance policy like a virus uploaded into the Collective so the Borg are not much of a threat for at least a while.
  • Options
    talientalien Member Posts: 712 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The queen is dead. Long live the queen.
  • Options
    khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Borg Queen: LOOKS LIKE TEAM ASSIMILATED'S BLASTING OFF AGAIN...
    apulse wrote: »
    Borg Queen is the new Megatron

Locutus of Borg: The Queen is dead. QUICK, MY COLLECTIVE, FOLLOW ME!!

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Riker killed her once...
    Picard killed her once...
    Janeway killed her at least once (perhaps twice... we never got that confirmed)
    You also killed her twice (provided you did both ground and space).

... I think we MAY see some incarnation of her in the future.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    a3001a3001 Member Posts: 1,132 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    She'll be back. Count on it...
    Rejoice JJ Trek people....

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10052253

Why are you not rejoicing?
  • Options
    daroskadaroska Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If you ask me, the perfect solution to the Borg's expansion was the Undine.
    And Janeway kinda messed up that easy amendment of the assimilative trouble.
    Darn that idiot of a Starfleet Captain with her doom bringing wish to return home.

:rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    khayuungkhayuung Member Posts: 1,876 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    anazonda wrote: »
    Riker killed her once...
    Picard killed her once...
    Janeway killed her at least once (perhaps twice... we never got that confirmed)
    You also killed her twice (provided you did both ground and space).

... I think we MAY see some incarnation of her in the future.

Where's Tassadar when you need him?

"Last Engage! Magical Girl Origami-san" is in print! Now with three times more rainbows.

Support the "Armored Unicorn" vehicle initiative today!

Thanks for Harajuku. Now let's get a real "Magical Girl" costume!
  • Options
    voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I don't think the queen is dead. She brings order to chaos, much like Lore did in a couple of TNG episodes.

I'd imagine the Borg would have adapted for such a possibility happening again and have some sort of safeguard, much like the human cylon designs in BSG. They die, and their consciousness is simply "downloaded" into another body. It would make sense the Borg would have something very similar to this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,023 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    khayuung wrote: »

He requires more Minerals.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    apulse wrote: »
    Exactly, there must be some extensive damage, like internal bleeding in the collective. But if we are going into cannon stuff.. in First Contact when the Borg Queen died, the rest of her drones died as well.

My point is anyway, is the main threat eliminated or was we setup to think that Borg Queen is the cause of everything wrong in this universe or not.

And yet they were in Voyager. Think of it this way, you have a router with a wan and five port lan. One device on the lan power surges and that surge potential travels through the lan ports and damages attatched devices yet any device connected via wan is spared.
  • Options
    kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    khayuung wrote: »

waiting for something worse than the zerg to happen to the galaxy now that Sarah and her swarm left :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    A Borg Queen is like a shark's tooth.
    There's a whole revolver full of new ones waiting to replace her.
  • Options
    coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have often wondered why the Queen exists at all. I mean as a collective they don't need any one drone to stand out, they don't need a figure of authority. So why have her in the first place?

But yeah, since in my eyes she is just another drone for the collective, she's easily replaced. Probably have hundreds of flat-pack queens stored somewhere like an Ikea warehouse.
  • Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    coupaholic wrote: »
    I have often wondered why the Queen exists at all. I mean as a collective they don't need any one drone to stand out, they don't need a figure of authority. So why have her in the first place?

But yeah, since in my eyes she is just another drone for the collective, she's easily replaced. Probably have hundreds of flat-pack queens stored somewhere like an Ikea warehouse.

I don't think there's any satisfactory in-universe explanation.
    There's only the out-of-universe explanation the people in charge wanted a "person" that Picard and Data could confront in "First Contact".
  • Options
    heavensrunheavensrun Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I remember a time when the borg were a scary, decentralized collective, when you could destroy 70% of a borg cube's mass and have done absolutely -nothing- to reduce it's threat level, when they didn't have a shoddily written figurehead/achilles heel shoehorned in to provide Picard with somebody to disintegrate at the end of a cheap action movie. Back before Voyager made it possible for a fracking shuttlecraft to disable a Borg ship with a lucky shot, and before the Borg turned into the bumbling lackeys of an incompetent, hammy grey she-zombie.

I hate the queen so much.

Worst. Idea. Evar.
  • Options
    jermbotjermbot Member Posts: 801 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So long as she respawns every hour, the Queen will never be defeated!
  • Options
    theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Yeah, the idea totally not started with Locutus. :rolleyes: