Install Arc
Options

Constant Server disconnects

18910111214»

Comments

• Options
    schreader1718schreader1718 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I've been having a lot of problems with the disconnects, too. The only time I didn't have a problem was when I stood still and did nothing.
  • Options
    narukanamk2narukanamk2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This lag and disconnect things is getting out of hand, now i get packet loss even from STO server..... and they ignored my ticket too.
  • Options
    kane53kane53 Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i just got d/ced when switching sectors and before that i turned my ship and then a lagg spike hit and showed i hadent turned my ship at all so the lagg is starting to get bad
  • Options
    jplatimerjplatimer Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Same here -- was just trying the Public Beta server, disconnected, now can't connect ANYWHERE at all...
  • Options
    infinitespacesinfinitespaces Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hi, after logging in relatively smoothly, i am continually getting kicked after some seconds of seeing the red 'server not responding' message.

The last few times this has happened it was resolved after some 'emergency' server maintenance, i am wondering if this is not the case again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    etherealhauntingetherealhaunting Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Just adding to the long list of people who are having constant disconnects. Its been happening to me for weeks, I have haven't bothered trying to fix it until recently. I can barely play the game. I just get disconnected after selecting my toon, sometimes it starts loading the screen but usually doesn't - sometimes I'm disconnected before I even get to select my character.

I've tried to log a ticket with PW and have done all they have advised (full reinstall, force-verify, disabled antivirus/firewall, driver update etc ) but still nothing. Only once or twice have I actually been able to play, and it still disconnected me every time I changed maps before stopping completely again. Reading all these posts it is clear it isn't anything on my end, which almost makes it worse.
  • Options
    omicron007mdomicron007md Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Have had bad rubberbanding /disconnects all weekend
    Near toronto, ontario, Canada
    ISP:Rogers
  • Options
    buzzoutbuzzout Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ...and no it isn't my connection so don't even go there. It's happening to everybody. I watch my fleet mates and friends twinkle on and off line like Christmas tree lights. I have never played a game with such connection problems...even on dial up! My god even the old Y'serbius wasn't this bad. Before you take another step, spend another dime or write another line of code toward game expansions you guys need to get a handle on this TRIBBLE because this is totally unacceptable.
  • Options
    andyslashandyslash Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I see the lag is back again. cant tell if star trek online or star trek offline.
  • Options
    dllmmodllmmo Member Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Just want to put in my name as well to the long list of people getting random lag and boot issues.
    Login and char selection are without trouble. It's loading from Char selection, Zone change and massive lag issues killing me at random. Thanks for the server fixes :(
  • Options
    oneandonlyrecceoneandonlyrecce Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    dllmmo wrote: »
    Just want to put in my name as well to the long list of people getting random lag and boot issues.
    Login and char selection are without trouble. It's loading from Char selection, Zone change and massive lag issues killing me at random. Thanks for the server fixes :(

Does your route to the game server go through a cogentco.com server?
  • Options
    peparohlikpeparohlik Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have tried and tried to play this game but after 30 seconds to 5 minutes after logging in i suddenly lose connection to the game and can't log back in until i close and reopen the game.
    Here's the kicker, my friend can play on my computer on his account perfectly fine without any lag or disconnect problems only difference between mine and his accounts are that his is a lifetime subscriber who has had the game since beta and i recently made an account to play with him. Kind of suspicious huh...
    dllmmo wrote: »

Hi, I'm sorry that I'm wrong a new topic, but I'm new here, so I can not create new topics, my problem is quite large, and because I greatly enjoy this game

my problem is that it does not work the ship beam, I beam to the ship at the minimap
    I do not do any mission, I just finished a diplomatic so should I work

my name in game is Manov @ peparohlik

thank you and please take my problem as everyone else, although I had dashed into some other topic
  • Options
    chizhongchizhong Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Before the patch went in last Thursday I had absolutely no problems with disconnects, in fact over the previous three months I can't recall a single one. However since last Thursday I am getting constant disconnects every time I play. It seems particularly bad in STFs.
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    chizhong wrote: »
    Before the patch went in last Thursday I had absolutely no problems with disconnects, in fact over the previous three months I can't recall a single one. However since last Thursday I am getting constant disconnects every time I play. It seems particularly bad in STFs.

At least you can play (kinda), I've been able to play 1 day since last Thursday. And another patch comes tomorrow.
    Lovely.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    dllmmodllmmo Member Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Does your route to the game server go through a cogentco.com server?

So far, no. But the servers changes some times. I'm not always checking the connection.
  • Options
    cdpbscdpbs Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    If you've been experiencing problems connecting servers or being dropped randomly, try this fix:

1.) Check your windows update history: Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Update

2.) On the left hand side, click "View update History"

3.) Scroll down to around March or February, or sort by name, and see if you find a "Ralink - WLAN - 802.11n USB Wireless LAN Card" update. It's an Optional update.

4.) Go to your device manager, expand your "Network adapters" and right-click on whatever your primary adapter is, (for me, it's Medialink MWN-USB150N), and click "Properties."

5.) Go to the Driver tab.

6.) click "Roll Back Driver" because the driver you have installed manually or Automatic from Windows Update right now is Buggy.

7.) Restart your computer.
  • Options
    criss11criss11 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This is why we get major lags and server disconnects , because the FREE players have no

" VIP Game Access - When loads are high, jump to the head of the queue and get priority log-in access."

this is not about login only, the free players are kicked from server because the server is to OLD and can't sustain to many ppl online and they're not lifetime subsribers.

STO and NEVERWINTER are pay to play after all.

Go to speedtest.net and check your speed ,you'll see the speed is fine, your internet driver is ok , it's the game/devs fault .

I don't play STO anymore so often because of masive disconnects or lags.
    I would prefer to see more ads /advertisments on the main STO website for the sto team to earn extra cash instead of disconnecting free players.
    open beta player of some PWE games - north america launched versions:
    - PWI - November, 2008 (2 months after North-America-West Coast open beta)
    - Forsaken World - open beta
    - BOI - open beta
    - Star Trek Online - ftp January, 2012 and rank 14 STO Wiki contributor
    - Neverwinter open beta June, 2013

Daily Foundry "Canyon of the Dead" ( NW-DBPJYKMRE ) - dungeon
  • Options
    djaricaricson#1377 djaricaricson Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I've never utilized the forums until now. I'm very frustrated and out of options.

I'm a lifetime sub and was also a beta player. I was playing sto just fine about 3 weeks ago. I returned to the game 3 days ago and it has been nothing but lag, server disconnects, "server not responding". The game is completely unplayable.

Well I installed sto on 3 separate machines and all those computers are experiencing the same problem. I tried my internet at home, work and my friends house. All 3 locations use different ISP's. I experienced the same problem. I've spoken to AT&T (my current ISP), they checked my connection and there is nothing wrong on my end or theirs. They suggested I either find a new game or hopefully they come up with a fix.

I can play swtor and lotro with no problems whatsoever. This is definitely a cryptic issue and needs to be resolved and would appreciate a prompt dev response.

very annoyed:mad:
  • Options
    vrsterlingvrsterling Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Haven't been on in a while and wanted to see what the First contact Day was all about. After a lengthy patch that's when the fun began! If I wasn't getting booted every few minutes. I was getting a 5 - 10 second stall almost once a minute. I have never seen the game run this poorly before. Tried to do a couple STF's (yeah, ok!) Anybody know what's going on? :mad:
  • Options
    hannmanhannman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I'm a new player, picking this game up after being to terribly disappointed with SWTOR (EA KMA).... Anyways, I have had a week of seriously fun, uninterrupted game play, loving every minute of it - until today.
    Since around 3pm UK time, I have been unable to get back into the game. 2 hours of "cannot connect to server TRIBBLE seconds" over and over and over.
    Every other game on my PC runs fine. I was playing earlier today absolutely fine, right til 3pm, then I got booted to the character select screen and then all the same troubles everyone else is having.
    Kinda disappointed right now that I cannot get online to advance, as I have been stunned at how much better than SWTOR it is.... and I am a bit of a SW fanboy...
    Just seems a real shame that there is no offical notification about this issue when so many people are having it. Oh well, a few more attempts to get in game and then I think it'll be back to Guild Wars 2 for a day.
  • Options
    vulcanclippervulcanclipper Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Still constant server disconnects. Sometimes in the middle of STF, sometimes zoning, somethimes just running around Qo'nos. This time, I can't log back in, the login server will not respond. I do not think this is acceptable.
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    ...And here we go again. Same as before. Can't even reach the login server.

EDIT: Apparently the server crashed for everyone. :P
  • Options
    displayname707displayname707 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Server is down =)
  • Options
    pingaheadpingahead Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Server is down notice is up.
  • Options
    nyx219nyx219 Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Heh, I complained in another thread about the launcher issues. Guess I broke the server :P
  • Options
    stealerl1f3stealerl1f3 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I was unable to join back in the server for like 30 mins after I started a fleet action and lagged out of it. I find this unacceptable to a game like this and, basically, I wasted my time and loot (that I didn't even receive) in the STF Elite by being unable to do anything about it. I just couldn't log back in, while BF3 on multiplayer ran perfectly smoothly. :(
  • Options
    lynce1975lynce1975 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    This started for me today. yesterday i hade no issues, but today i was kicked out 4 times in about 90 minutes, 3 in a foundry mission and one in a fleet stf. Does anyone know what's going on?