Install Arc
Options

TRIBBLE Maintenance and Release Notes - March 1, 2013

2»

Comments

• Options
    zer0niusrexzer0niusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    What might be nice/easier at least would be to have the TOS ship interior in stripped down and gutted form?

That's how they would have made new sets on TOS.

So you take the TOS interior and strip out everything that can be stripped, to make rooms as empty as possible. Then let people dress them up as alternate decks.

I can't personally add maps, as I haven't the know-how.
    I'll see if there are any wall pieces and stuff that I can add, but I'm not sure yet if they exist in a form usable for the Foundry.
  • Options
    deusemperordeusemperor Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Can you guys lower the threat level of the wing cannon platforms? Those bio neurals in no win scenario keep instant killing them.:eek: TY!
  • Options
    nibinrognibinrog Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Can you guys lower the threat level of the wing cannon platforms? Those bio neurals in no win scenario keep instant killing them.:eek: TY!

In fairness thou, better the bioneurals kill your wing cannon platforms, than killing you :P
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'll see if there are any wall pieces and stuff that I can add, but I'm not sure yet if they exist in a form usable for the Foundry.

Well, either way, I REALLY DO appreciate it, Zero.

It's obvious that you work hard and care a lot about the work you do, so if you can't do something, I know it's not for lack of trying.

I've been wanting to make a couple of TOS-themed missions and one that involves some heavy shooting for folks like you to get your Kirk on. :-)
  • Options
    thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    edited March 2013

We love you anyway, Zero. :)
  • Options
    kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Thanks Zero. I love the TOS props, but I just don't know what I can do with them, without walls, floors, celings or an empty map that is TOS themed.

So, I have to choose:

A. Do I put these props on the TOS maps that already have tons of TOS props? I'm not sure if I can even fit another sickbay bed in the TOS sickbay.

or.

B. Do I put these props on a 24th century Federation interior or on top of stone slabs?

I really, really love them and want to use them, but I just can't do it without an empty TOS set, etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    What might be nice/easier at least would be to have the TOS ship interior in stripped down and gutted form?

That's how they would have made new sets on TOS.

So you take the TOS interior and strip out everything that can be stripped, to make rooms as empty as possible. Then let people dress them up as alternate decks.

This is a good idea. At least I would have something to use with an empty TOS Drozana. I could turn each room into lots of different things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    deusemperordeusemperor Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    nibinrog wrote: »
    In fairness thou, better the bioneurals kill your wing cannon platforms, than killing you :P

lol if they could actually last longer than 1 second maybe. But they pop in 3-5 hits of the antiproton turret on those bios. And if you've played no win scenario you know that 3-5 hits is like half a firing cycle for those things then I have another 3 mins till I can summon the platforms again only to have a bio neural insta gib them again. I rather they shoot me who can tank the bios then my itty bitty turret platforms.
  • Options
    mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I haven't been in the Foundry for ages. Do we have weather like rain & snow yet? And day/night options? Can we set requirements like this map needs flash light in a dark cave or the requirement of space suits? Can we pick ambient music yet? Can we change the lighting colors and levels of the maps?
  • Options
    kagasenseikagasensei Member Posts: 526 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    mattachine wrote: »
    I haven't been in the Foundry for ages. Do we have weather like rain & snow yet? And day/night options? Can we set requirements like this map needs flash light in a dark cave or the requirement of space suits? Can we pick ambient music yet? Can we change the lighting colors and levels of the maps?

Rain/Snow - Yes
    Day/Night - Yes
    Map requirements - No
    Ambient music - No
    Lighting maps - Not really
  • Options
    kagasenseikagasensei Member Posts: 526 Arc User
    edited March 2013

The first level of TOS-Drozana (with all the computers) would also be awesome to have as a foundry map!
  • Options
    tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I like how the Cyro gun was NOT nerfed against NPC enemies. This was really a good way to solve any problem with an item that seems overpowered.

Thank you Cryptic for not punishing the PVE playing majority for the PVP doing minority's sake.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I'll add:

Wow. Foundry ground costumes are borked.

I went to make a mission and set this up... and what I found was that TOS badges are no longer available for NPCs.

Then when I tried importing a costume, I wound up getting the full tailor list of costume parts but the vast majority of them displayed as invisible.

If you've got some extra help down the road from a map artist, great, but I think the Foundry needs some serious love from a ground character artist since it now somehow has LESS costume options than it did when the Foundry launched.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    [*]The Cryo Pulsewave and its Mk XII upgrade now deal 75% of their previous damage when fired against Players.
    • Their damage output against NPCs remains unaltered.

now why can't they do something like that for every offensive thing in the game? leave the damage alone for NPCs, but bring it down to a respectable level for use against human opponents

if they did that, science powers could go back to actually being good
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    now why can't they do something like that for every offensive thing in the game? leave the damage alone for NPCs, but bring it down to a respectable level for use against human opponents

if they did that, science powers could go back to actually being good

I still think the way to do this sort of thing (and promote tanking) is to implement damage per hit caps that can be modified by gear, buffs, debuffs, and gameplay modes.

If everyone has a fairly uniform cap on the damage they can receive per hit that's slightly on the high end but not insane for PvP maps, the system would police itself.
  • Options
    odyssey47odyssey47 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Thanks for the Transporter room for the foundry as well as all the props. I would also like to see Engineering, captain's quarters, and the lounge from our ship interiors made for the foundry as well, as individual placeable rooms like the Transporter room. That would be great.
  • Options
    mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    kagasensei wrote: »
    Rain/Snow - Yes
    Day/Night - Yes
    Map requirements - No
    Ambient music - No
    Lighting maps - Not really

Well I have recently ventured back in to the Foundry just to be equally disappointed as I was before about all the bugs and limitations.

How to beam from one location on a map to an other location on the exact same map, not a duplicate map?

How to make a NPC turn friendly or hostile depending on how the dialogue goes?

How to make a dialogue decide which location you will beam to next?

No make a NPC follow you and them being killed will fail the mission?

How to copy a map I've already don in one mission to use it in an other mission?

There are no easy answers to these questions if there are any answers at all on how to do it. We know it is possible with the game engine as Cryptic have done them in their missions.
  • Options
    argent007argent007 Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    please, no thread-necro
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]