What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unexpected Downtime (January 30, 2010)

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    well on the bright side with this unexpected downtime, i predict cryptic will at least give a big apology , and maybe even some type of "were sorry gift"

i want 2 borg bo or atleast a mini borg cube or maybe the ability to temporarily assimilate one enemy per 30mins or something like that and have them fight and look liek me
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Varzon wrote:
    Wow, as someone new to MMO's I'm honestly amazed by what you're willing to put up with. Apparently you've all been so jaded by the lack of quality in previous games that you actually believe this is acceptable for a piece of software that is about to be released.

Pass that over here. Sounds like good stuff.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    What we need to do is create an interplexing beacon and contact the Borg of 2010. If we can do that all we need to do is kill them before they assimilate us all and adapt their technology to run the STO server.

Simple enough right guys?

...Right?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Currently, the Star Trek Online Server is down. We are aware of this issue and are currently working to bring the server back online as soon as possible. Please keep an eye on this page for updates, and notification when Star Trek Online is available again. Thank you, The Star Trek Online Team

The Star Trek Online Team

I think the message should read more like this...

Currently the Star Trek Offline server is up. We are aware of this issue and are currently working to bring the server back offline as soon as possible. Please keep an eye on this page for lack of updates, and non-notification of when Star Trek Offline will be offline again. Thank You, hamsters on wheel.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Indeed.

Riddle me this, riddle me that.

What runs, and never stops?
    What has a bed, but never sleeps in it?

Answer = River
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    For many in europe this is one of the few chance we get to play due to work and servers down again 2nd time today and it was off for a bit on friday, cryptic have any plans of compensating us for time lost ???????????????????????????????
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    First!!

10char

EDIT: never mind Turns out I wasn't the first response
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Froobra wrote: »
    sounds like you need to upgrade the hardware youre running hp-ux on.....

Or run a cluster of servers, each with a limited load on it. Clusters boot alot faster then a single server that's overloaded.
  • Options
    edited January 2010

We brake everything we touch xD This is why we can't have nice things.

Priceless!!!

LMAO!!!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I think the only thing that is a mmo actually is this thread ...
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Nitee wrote:
    Technically you haven't started paying for the service the game comes with 30 days of game play so in like march you will be paying for the service, atm you just paid for a game :p

Technically we've already spend +300$ for the game, so one could argue that we are kind of paying for the service :)

P.S. Unexpected downtime is not nice, not lost day for steam, but I do believe we have many days still to play. (and the beer also helps. Enough of it and you don't mind anything and everything escapes your head)
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Blackavaar wrote: »
    "A box without hinges, sides or a lid, yet golden treasure inside is hid."

:cool:
    eggses, precious!

GOLLUM GOLLUM
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Time and the Sea?

Yay! First response to my comment! :D

Well, sure. I was thinking of a river, but they both work. Good job.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Someone chuck a chair at someone!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    splang wrote: »
    these fools who say nahnahnah they dont have to give you a head start nah nah....

They do, because it is how the retailers sold the preorder product....
    If the head start was not advertised at the point of sale then sure - it is extra and a freebie. Learn the law punks!

I would say that they only action you would have though would be against the retailer.... ( and only after a significant failure under sale of goods act (eg more than a couple of hours down time))

Exactly, I bought this game yesterday afternoon BECAUSE of the head-start.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Hoping that this one hits 1337 status!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    if a tree in a forest falls on a mime and there's no-one around to witness it... does anyone care?
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Mhorlok wrote:
    I am confused...

You want them to announce the Unexpected Downtimes? Since they are unexpected wouldn't that make them a little hard to predict?

You've obviously never worked in IT. Management always expects you to submit unexpected downtimes weeks in advance.... and then wants you to get the latest russian AntiVirus2010 ransomware off their PC because they were surfing TRIBBLE.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    to old talon dont know if this has been answered yet as this thread is getting bigger every second, but to answer your problem...

The man flooded the room, tied himself to the noose and then as the water drained away, he simply slowly started to hang.

Clue was in damp room/mattress.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Sooooo, how many people are honestly sitting here, just watching this forum grow i wonder...

Well, since we can't play right now, it's one really fun thing to do. Read these forums and laugh at all the insane posts and roll on the floor at all the whiners.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    grrr getting forum lag now. i read the last page click next and then 5 more have appeared.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Lumlum wrote: »
    At the current speed of growth. This forum should achieve warp speed in 4.35 minutes.

Please strap down all tribbles and place your Bridge Officers in their upright postions.

Thank you and enjoy the ride.

Perhaps we'll create a wormhole to an alternate timeline where the servers are still up...

Work harder, trolls!!!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Dante1985 wrote:
    For many in europe this is one of the few chance we get to play due to work and servers down again 2nd time today and it was off for a bit on friday, cryptic have any plans of compensating us for time lost ???????????????????????????????

Its headstart you arnt paying - sod off
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    EVOXSNES wrote: »
    Someone chuck a chair at someone!

*chucks a chair a Evoxsnes*
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    This thread is so long some of you are starting to sound older than when you first posted :eek:
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Enscar wrote: »
    We need to pack a lunch and sit around a camp fire outside Cryptic HQ singing kumbaya

Shouldn't it be "row, row, row your boat...."
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Wow, I can't believe how fast this thread is growing, 1701 coming up within 15 mins I'd say....
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Ston, she is yours. You may find that having is not so pleasing a thing as wanting. This is not logical, but it is often true

Page 136
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    This is so fustating!!
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Grampa, Simpsons
    Arkmedeez wrote:
    Im actually surprised the forums havent crashed yet. With wow any downtime meant forums go down to.

of course the population of STO at the moment is so insigificant when measured agains WOW that a Forums failure shouldn't occur.
This discussion has been closed.