test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[IRF] Imperial Romulan Fleet

bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
edited June 2015 in New Romulus
Jolan'tru !

Looking for a premier and established fleet based on Romulan themes? Look no further than the IRF!!

We have been an active Romulan Community since the late 90s and established as a fleet since beta in STO, if you enjoy romulan culture, history, and LEGAL ale, visit us at www.imperialromulanfleet.com or www.romulanstarempire.com (both links take you right to us)

We are aiming at being a Federation aligned faction mainly but plan to work KDF as well for those that wish it (we have both sides already)

We look forward to hearing from you and welcome you to the Romulan side even if you choose a diferent fleet, we are a community first, fleet second.
tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

Post edited by bunansa on

Comments

• dhiemmdhiemm Member Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The time is coming soon for us to March Beneth the Raptors Wings.
    to all Romulan in Heart players of STO time has come to join us in
    the only true Romulan Fleet for Glory to the Empire and Empress Donatra.

http://romulanstarempire.com/home

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyw1Pr9wRPg
    DHIEMM.png

Join date July 08
  • crushedcrushed Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Ah so we get our own slice of the pie now num num..... So far this fleet has be wonderful getting to know everyone around the forums and in game has been a grate experience.
    Join Today! Click Below.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Decloak and Destroy!!
  • rihandhenorihandheno Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    crushed wrote: »
    Ah so we get our own slice of the pie now num num..... So far this fleet has be wonderful getting to know everyone around the forums and in game has been a grate experience.

Ale to go with that pie? :P
  • fvillhafvillha Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Drink a few Ales, that will cure most of your problems, if not, drink a few more (repeat as needed).
  • bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    fvillha wrote: »
    Drink a few Ales, that will cure most of your problems, if not, drink a few more (repeat as needed).

that explains my headache right now....

side note - meeting on 7 april, members make sure to check our forums,

all future members to be, now is a good time to join in to get the first meeting with us as early as possible, those that can not attend we will have information posted in our forums of what is discussed as always.

also, we are currently under special operations of creating a new recruitment video.

• hksoliushksolius Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ...Ale and Pie for everyone,.. you don't need to drink 2 many of those Ales, as they are good and strong, the way we like it,... We do take pride in our Ale making in this fleet,
    375 ml Bacardi? 151 rum
    375 ml Everclear? alcohol
    375 ml Blue Curacao liqueur
    :D
    edited March 2013
    hksolius wrote: »
    ...Ale and Pie for everyone,.. you don't need to drink 2 many of those Ales, as they are good and strong, the way we like it,... We do take pride in our Ale making in this fleet,
    375 ml Bacardi? 151 rum
    375 ml Everclear? alcohol
    375 ml Blue Curacao liqueur
    :D

i throw a bit of cranberry juice in mine to give it some fizz :D

• brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    First thing I heard in my mind was 'Welcome to [IRF]!' Sorry :o
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2013
    brigadooom wrote: »
    First thing I heard in my mind was 'Welcome to [IRF]!' Sorry :o

LoL Funny :P btw like ur signature as it speaks the truth lmao
    edited March 2013
    Our Starbase is now tier 3, last up is the sensory array for science tier 3, and the embassy has the ivy pillars. Good work to all members today, was a blast for sure.

Now is the time to consider joining the community! We won't lie, we have cake but do not offer milk to wash it down with...muahaha...we use ALE instead.

• hksoliushksolius Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Jolan' tru
    I would also like to say thanx, to senator and everyone that worked together on the starbase and embasy projects this evening, It's awsome when our community pulls together for a common goal :D khnai' ra (thankyou) and Jolan' tru romulans.
  • taylor44331taylor44331 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hi guys my name is baz44331 and I've played STO for a few month's on and off, I watched ST from a very early age but over time I have lost alot of the knowledge of the Lore but im willing to learn again. STO is epic and i would now like to join a fleet. Romulans i like and I love there ships and stuff. Anyway I went to register on your fleet website but something very strange just happened. I put my email in and it said its already in use, I have had this email address for many many years so I'm lost to how some one else has got the same email. I'm from Ireland so maybe some in the US could have one I'm not sure or the website is buged.

edit if you like to contact me you can add me on steam. [F|H]baz44331.
    edited March 2013
    Hi guys my name is baz44331 and I've played STO for a few month's on and off, I watched ST from a very early age but over time I have lost alot of the knowledge of the Lore but im willing to learn again. STO is epic and i would now like to join a fleet. Romulans i like and I love there ships and stuff. Anyway I went to register on your fleet website but something very strange just happened. I put my email in and it said its already in use, I have had this email address for many many years so I'm lost to how some one else has got the same email. I'm from Ireland so maybe some in the US could have one I'm not sure or the website is buged.

edit if you like to contact me you can add me on steam. [F|H]baz44331.

we use enjin for our forums so it may be possible you have registered with another enjin forum before, if so all you need to do is link to the irf and your set, we will look into this from our end as well, if you see any member ingame send us a tell to find the status, is your sto user name @baz44331 ?

• emeraldoneemeraldone Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Jolan tru folks, I'm effectively completely new to the game. (Played a bit during beta and less than a month afterwards) After seeing the new trailer for the Romulan expansion it intrigued me quite a bit and I decided to give a the game another shot. You all seem like a fun bunch to hang out with, are you accepting people fresh out of spacedock? ;)
    I made a new human tactical Federation character to play with until the expansion hits, considering there is no playable Romulans yet does everyone just play whatever race? How does it work given the setting and restriction? Thanks!
  • romulanwayromulanway Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    jolan tru

I feel bad,IRF ,betrayed Romulan Star Empire

God luck with serving remans,klings & feds in your new home caled Reman Republic
    LoR should to be about rebuilding Romulan Star Empire,liberating Donatra from borg collective ,confronting Sela & madness of Tal Shiar,claiming Vulcan as new romulan homeworld...
    edited April 2013
    emeraldone wrote: »
    Jolan tru folks, I'm effectively completely new to the game. (Played a bit during beta and less than a month afterwards) After seeing the new trailer for the Romulan expansion it intrigued me quite a bit and I decided to give a the game another shot. You all seem like a fun bunch to hang out with, are you accepting people fresh out of spacedock? ;)
    I made a new human tactical Federation character to play with until the expansion hits, considering there is no playable Romulans yet does everyone just play whatever race? How does it work given the setting and restriction? Thanks!

As long as your interested in having fun then you are more than welcome to join :P

Yes anyone who is fresh to the game may apply and join the group, some of the people that have been with us a long time will be partially new seeing as they have waited till Romulans become playable to play STO so you will be able to start from fresh alongside other Romulan captains :)
    edited April 2013
    romulanway wrote: »
    jolan tru

I feel bad,IRF ,betrayed Romulan Star Empire

God luck with serving remans,klings & feds in your new home caled Reman Republic

Sadly enough that is the hand Cryptic has dealt us :mad:
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hi guys.

Since you are one of the most known Romulan-themed fleets in STO, I was wondering on how you plan to implement the fleet-thing when the "Legacy of Romulus" hits holodeck.

Are you considering starting a new(second) IRF, that would be only availibe for actual Romulan Republic chars.? Or will you use your current fleet as I suspect that many of you play a Romulan-flavoured alien chars.?

I'm asking because I intend to roll a Romulan char. when the new expansion comes, so far I have 4 max level KDF chars and only 1 Fed, so I was considering allying my Romulan with the Feds. since I have spent so little time on that side and I saw that you mentioned your plan to be Fed-alligned.
    HQroeLu.jpg
    edited April 2013
    shpoks wrote: »
    Hi guys.

Since you are one of the most known Romulan-themed fleets in STO, I was wondering on how you plan to implement the fleet-thing when the "Legacy of Romulus" hits holodeck.

Are you considering starting a new(second) IRF, that would be only availibe for actual Romulan Republic chars.? Or will you use your current fleet as I suspect that many of you play a Romulan-flavoured alien chars.?

I'm asking because I intend to roll a Romulan char. when the new expansion comes, so far I have 4 max level KDF chars and only 1 Fed, so I was considering allying my Romulan with the Feds. since I have spent so little time on that side and I saw that you mentioned your plan to be Fed-alligned.

Thanks for stopping by :)

Currently we have a FED & KDF fleet setup. Most of us will align with the FED side as its more built up and we have more resources spent on that side, however some will align via KDF and that will help build the KDF side up a little more. Eventually I think most of the members in our group will have atleast one on each side (KDF & FED) as there are benefits to be gained from both.

You are more than welcome to join our fleet with your Romulan toon, we do ask that everyone registers an account on our website and add thier toon but who knows you might like what you see :P

Hopefully by the time May rolls around our Embassy should be done and our Starbase will be pretty high up there on the FED side, we just completed T3 and now moving on to T4.
  • crushedcrushed Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Been a grate time here they have made me feel welcome. Been running all kinds of missions with these guys. Good times. Can't wait til we all get to play our Romulans >:3
    Join Today! Click Below.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Decloak and Destroy!!
  • radaikofromulusradaikofromulus Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    rihandheno wrote: »
    As long as your interested in having fun then you are more than welcome to join :P

Yes anyone who is fresh to the game may apply and join the group, some of the people that have been with us a long time will be partially new seeing as they have waited till Romulans become playable to play STO so you will be able to start from fresh alongside other Romulan captains :)

Does the IRF have real life social interactions. My current fleet has a restriction on co-joining with other fleets, even if the faction is technically different. I will probably be one of a handful of people there who will stay Romulan past the newness stage. I use to belong to a Romulan social/RP club at one time till it fell apart. Just curious here?
    edited April 2013
    Does the IRF have real life social interactions. My current fleet has a restriction on co-joining with other fleets, even if the faction is technically different. I will probably be one of a handful of people there who will stay Romulan past the newness stage. I use to belong to a Romulan social/RP club at one time till it fell apart. Just curious here?

No not yet but we are planning to make the Star Trek convention a regular thing in our fleet that way we can meet up and have some fun as well as get to know each other in person. We are a Romulan themed community, STO just happends to be a perk especially come May as that is what most of our group is really waiting for, we do however have Romulan RP's going on our forums for those that enjoy RPing.
    edited April 2013
    crushed wrote: »
    Been a grate time here they have made me feel welcome. Been running all kinds of missions with these guys. Good times. Can't wait til we all get to play our Romulans >:3

Glad to hear! :) We always appreciate more friends to game and hangout with.

Yup im counting the days down till May 21st LoL
  • morkargh117morkargh117 Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I can't wait to jump into a D'deridex as well, lots of fun going to be had soon. They should put the faction up on tribble sometime this month, so we won't have to wait too long to get a taste of the (mini) faction.
  • dhiemmdhiemm Member Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I can't wait to jump into a D'deridex as well, lots of fun going to be had soon. They should put the faction up on tribble sometime this month, so we won't have to wait too long to get a taste of the (mini) faction.

Same here but I can't wait to get a Mogai.
    DHIEMM.png

Join date July 08
    edited April 2013

We will be attempting to use the beta testing as grounds for video shooting our new recruitment video, so get ready to see the irf in beta !

As far as other stuff mentioned earlier, we welcome one and all even its just an alt, were here to build a great community first and formost.

Having full tier 4 starbase fed side would be a dream of awesomeness by the time may hits but I highly doubt it, the projects are as most know becoming more resource heavy while still popping out the same amount of exp, its laughable at best, our current goal is to get tier 4 shipyard at least and possibly the fabricator or sensor array to tier 4 as well, embassy side, we should be tier 3 before romulan launch easily.

• pyryckpyryck Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013

I am soo looking forward to completing my STO TOS ship set with the addition of the TOS BoP from "Balance of Terror". :D

And THEN I'll collect all the rest of the Romulan ships. ;)
  • morkargh117morkargh117 Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    pyryck wrote: »
    I am soo looking forward to completing my STO TOS ship set with the addition of the TOS BoP from "Balance of Terror". :D

And THEN I'll collect all the rest of the Romulan ships. ;)

The TOS Bird of Prey should be tier 1, so it shouldn't be difficult at all haha. We don't know how many ships we will be getting but I would guess maybe 3 original Cryptic ships and the D'deridex, TOS BoP, T'liss BoP, Mogai, and...I think thats it...I don't think we will even start with as many ships as the Klingons did at launch.
    edited April 2013
    dhiemm wrote: »
    Same here but I can't wait to get a Mogai.

That makes 2 of us cause that **** just sexy!! :eek: :D
  • pyryckpyryck Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The TOS Bird of Prey should be tier 1, so it shouldn't be difficult at all haha. We don't know how many ships we will be getting but I would guess maybe 3 original Cryptic ships and the D'deridex, TOS BoP, T'liss BoP, Mogai, and...I think thats it...I don't think we will even start with as many ships as the Klingons did at launch.

20 ships incoming with the expansion and only 15 needed to have one for each class at each rank. Probably going to be some Cryptic-designed Romulan ships. Oh, and this leaves 5 more ships but what will they be and to whom will they go? Probably see a Romulan shuttle like the one on New Romulus. So that leaves 4. Couple to the C-Store at least. Maybe a 1000 day veteran ship for the Romulans.

KDF did not have 3 ships to choose from at each rank at release. Think they had maybe 10 total. So we will be getting more than they had.

Back to the topic tho...STEP ON UP, folks! March beneath the Raptor's Wings!