test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Legacy of Romulus Revealed!

Comments

• voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    rhw6284 wrote: »
    hey do you guys know if there gonna open red shirt to allow people to test pre launch

Considering all the amount of content that would have to be looked at, I don't doubt they will open it for testing at some point. But we will have to wait for cryptic to say when.

How much money?!?!?!?!

BranFlakes has already stated, the expansion is free. You need to pay exactly $0.00 to Cryptic to play as a Romulan.

Awesome job, Cryptic! I wish i could *****-slap all the negative nay sayers who were talking ca-ca that it wouldnt happen! Would love to laugh in their crying faces right now! LMFAO!

As one of those Naysayers, I am not crying one bit. I just didn't think they could pull it off, certainly not for the May Upd.. Expansion. They proved me wrong. I will happily say it. Bravo Cryptic, Bravo.

Now to begin the Campaign for a Cardassian Union Playable Faction. :cool:
  • deaks2k4deaks2k4 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Oh dear god you can't really be that naive can you?

'completed the KDF' ? No. They just lowered the starting level 1, put some half TRIBBLE effort made tutorial and changed nothing of its end game content, 2-year long critical gameplay bugs plaguing KDF ships were not addressed and added no new KDF unique ships.

Not really. Rank 1 to 50 is done in fed toons inside a day or two. End game content is where the real beef is at. News for you: No end game change or fixes for KDF.

This expansion only shoves KDF from being #2 in the list of priorities to #3. And we know how abandoned KDF was in the past 2+ years ...now it will be completely ignored as all resources will be focused on monetizing the romulan faction.

Dont get me wrong, I like the addition of romulan faction and look forward to flying their ships. I do not like however the fact that they added it before they gave the KDF some long deserved attention. Now it will never happen.

Haters gonna hate...didn't realise you worked for the dev team and could work all of that out from what they've posted so far.

Don't suppose you can tell me the lottery numbers as well while your at it!
  • cyberpunkfalconcyberpunkfalcon Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    jcsww wrote: »
    How much is it going to cost?

F2P buddy.

One that shows ... nothing ?

Really ??

On the positive side , I did like the screenshots .

New character creation UI ... -- especially where you choose your initial factions + Male/Female bit is ... a bit underwhelming with the buttons being all over the place .
    Does not seem to be user friendly .

Got inspired by Windows 8 I take it ?
  • corethlcorethl Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well, this should be interesting....

One can presume that the need for any accolades to start a KDF character will also no longer be necessary. Way back when the game was released, you needed to hit level 5 to have the option to make the Klingon character (I want to say there was an accolade involved too, but can't find anything to back that up).

Looking forward to reading more info on this in the next couple of months, particularly when it comes to integrating the new faction with the existing Feature Episodes.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Cryptic, could you please address the concerns of us f2p-ers? How much of this new content, if any, is going to be free? What are the new subscriber-only benefits dstahl mentioned in Ask Cryptic?

We've got two months of Dev Blogs on the way...

Take control of that singularity there Remus.

;)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • mattgrantmattgrant Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Cryptic previous alluded to a character creation overhall coming with the May update, something that is conspicuously absent from the features list of Legacy of Romulus. Have they dropped this as one of their goals?
  • ussultimatumussultimatum Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Looks good, can't wait to try some of this out on tribble.
  • pyryckpyryck Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    mattgrant wrote: »
    Cryptic previous alluded to a character creation overhall coming with the May update, something that is conspicuously absent from the features list of Legacy of Romulus. Have they dropped this as one of their goals?

Patience padawan, all good things in time. ;)
  • kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 695 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Hope the Romulans get their own animal species.

Seconded!!
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Honestly I was not expecting this much of a new content. I'm really excited about it.

This expansion looks great, and I can't wait to try the Romulans out.

As for the Romulans, what is the Romulan Republic? Is it D'tan's Mol'Rihan state, a reform of the old Romulan Star Empire, or a third new Romulan empire? (I would like it if it would be Mol'Rihan, but that is just personal taste)

As for C-store unlocks... I'm guessing better ships, maybe more races, like Hirogen and so on. Pretty much the same for feds or kdf.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Congratulations Cryptic.
    The faction isn't out and I've already decided not to play it.

Note, this isn't because I'm opposed to playing as Romulan or their gameplay style, it's simply that the playable race I've been dreaming of since the words Romulan faction has just been confirmed as cancelled.

I wanted to play as Hirogen.
    Which I assumed was reasonable, considering they are part of the Romulan Star Empire now.
    And to forestall the inevitable conflict of interest about Hirogen fighting Hirogen, Voyager established that there are noble Hirogen who have no interest in killing, preferring to ally themselves with their prey instead.
    This would most likely be the concept behind playing as Hirogen.

And no, a custom alien is not the same, they don't have the traits, nor the Hirogen armor costume options.
    Also, if Hirogen were a playable species, then it would be highly like their ships are too.
    I wanted to fly a Apex Battleship.

Given the amount of grinding Omega, Romulan and now Tholian rep takes, along with the Diplomacy/Maruading Equivalent, I just don't have the will or desire to create a second class character now that my first (and only!) choice has been denied to me.
    I wonder if lifers will be able to play as Liberated Borg Romulans..

Uncertain, I think they got the same treatment as playable Hirogen.
    As in, you don't get to do it.

Which personally, I find odd, many lifers would no doubt be enraged that they can't be liberated borg in this faction too.
    And I will be one of them!

Because if the Cardassian faction ever comes out, I was going to be liberated borg cardassian.
    And Cryptic have stated that the way they handle this faction is how they will handle future factions.
    So, no liberated borg in this faction, no liberated borg in the next one either!

And no, no animal species!
    Cryptic was already pushing the limits with Ferasans, who don't exist in trek lore period.
    You can't get away with that more then once.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    @BranFlakes - Please get them to turn off the region blocking - it really gets old so fast!
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
  • govanatorukgovanatoruk Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I certainly hope we get to test this thoroughly before it is released. I don't suppose there is going to be any sort of beta for this?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Neverwinter Knights
    Join today, & help write the next chapter in our history!

• jaxinajaxina Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    So Cryptic is breaking their promise.

I remember a post from sometime in 2012 when it was said that the KDF will be fully developed before a new faction will be started, but the KDF is nowhere near to be finished at all.

Not to talk about bugs and missing content.

Lets see how the Romulans will be treated ... and when it comes how i think the KDF is still a place where not many people want to be.
  • syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    daveyny wrote: »
    Bingo!

Now don't all you Nay-sayers feel kinda silly... ??

You're assuming we were all being truthful... ;)
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • imadoctornotaimadoctornota Member Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!! FREAKING AWESOME!!! Aaaaall 3 factions 1-50?? That's insanity squared times AWESOME!!! The trolls are going to be waaay out on a limb for quite a while! Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!! You have fulfilled all of my primary and secondary dreams for this announcement, and a few extra!! :eek::D
    Thanks for the expansion that had "as much content as the last"
    9 Episodes = 30+ episodes...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    It's pronounced "S.T.O." "Stow" sounds idiotic! lol
  • magnumoftheblackmagnumoftheblack Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    cehus wrote: »
    not impressed by the fact that you are going to level 1-50 starting with any faction?

He was just trying to sound cool.
  • vkfphoenixlordvkfphoenixlord Member Posts: 1,991 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This is pretty awesome. Been waiting for this since the game came out. :D
  • cyberpunkfalconcyberpunkfalcon Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Looks good, can't wait to try some of this out on tribble.

WTH is Tribble?

I can't wait for this. If you thought the countdown was brutal now we know whats coming the next two months will be torture!..

..And we'll love every moment of it :D
  • kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 695 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    tpalelena wrote: »
    Honestly I was not expecting this much of a new content. I'm really excited about it.

This expansion looks great, and I can't wait to try the Romulans out.

As for the Romulans, what is the Romulan Republic? Is it D'tan's Mol'Rihan state, a reform of the old Romulan Star Empire, or a third new Romulan empire? (I would like it if it would be Mol'Rihan, but that is just personal taste)

As for C-Store unlocks... I'm guessing better ships, maybe more races, like Hirogen and so on. Pretty much the same for feds or kdf.

I'm guessing that the Republic is Mol'Rihan, and that the city under construction (the one where the gate just leads to the embassies now) will end up being the faction's HQ. I guess we'll find out, though!

And yeah, that kind of stuff is probably what's gonna be in the C-Store. (Why would the Hirogen be allied with the Republic, though? Maybe some rebels, or something?)
  • tymerstotymersto Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Haven't read through the thread yet, but based on my look at the overview site...

Rommies and Remans 1-50, interesting.
    Select from Start, 1-50, Klingon Content. 3+ Years. Took F'ing long enough (I Hope). I might be putting Money down on 2-3 more Character Slots (1 Klingon, 1 or 2 for Rommie/Reman, Story path dependent)
    New Traits and a Trait respec available. Might be worth putting some money down.

And the big one...
    jcsww wrote: »
    How much is it going to cost?

I would imagine that the UI improvements, Traits and maybe the Klingon 1-50 stuff are gonna be free to all. But what about the Rommie Content? Will that be 'free' or Paywall?

Thank you for the time...
    STO CBT Player - 400 day+ Vet, Currently Silver
    Cryptic, would you actulaly like me to spend actual Money? It's Simple:
    • Full, Story-driven, select from start 1-50 Klingon Side
    • Scrap current Lock Box & Lobi system for something more reasonable
    • Expand Dil and Rep/Fleet Marks to regular story content
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    On one hand I'm excited. On the other, to this date Cryptic barely manages to take care of the KDF faction, yet now they want to do full three? Forgive me if I'm a bit sceptical.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • webdeathwebdeath Member Posts: 1,570 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Cool we'll get to play as Romulans-

Wait a sec...Be able to play as a Klingon, Federation, or Romulan at level 1? Does this mean that the KDF Empire will finally get fully fleshed out from levels 1-20?
    You think that your beta test was bad?
    Think about this:
    American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • storobertpraetorstorobertpraetor Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    You, i was really hoping to get out this summer. Get in shape... enjoy the sun. I see Cryptic has other ideas for me. :eek:
    WTH is Tribble?

I can't wait for this. If you thought the countdown was brutal now we know whats coming the next two months will be torture!..

..And we'll love every moment of it :D

Tribble is the testing server people can go on - try out the new contenet when it comes up and get rewards for the main server for doing so
  • havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    webdeath wrote: »
    Cool we'll get to play as Romulans-

Wait a sec...Be able to play as a Klingon, Federation, or Romulan at level 1? Does this mean that the KDF Empire will finally get fully fleshed out from levels 1-20?

yup sounds like it.

To all the nay sayers: Your presence is not wanted. Do you understand my meaning, captain? We... are back.

*continuous happy dance while polishing credit card*
  • naeviusnaevius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    WTH is Tribble?

The test server. The live server is 'Holodeck'.
    Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
  • hatepwehatepwe Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    My Fed won't see the light of day for sooooo long...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]