test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Legacy of Romulus Revealed!

Comments

• k668k668 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Now I'm actually going to pay money for game content... Curse you, Cryptic, curse you!

Disclaimer: Nobody got actually cursed by this post. I'm rather extremely curious as to what to expect from this...

Playing any faction from Level 1? Check.
    Playable Romulan Faction? Check.
    Tholian Reputation? Sweet.
    Cutomizable HUD colours? Check.

I'm afraid you got me.
  • sanokskyratsanokskyrat Member Posts: 479 Media Corps
    edited March 2013
    Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!
    1368747308047.cached_zpsl4joalbs.jpg
  • pwecangetlostpwecangetlost Member Posts: 538 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Really like the new UI changes, they look brilliant. In fact, it looks like it should be a pretty damn good update.
  • mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Cryptic you outdid yourselves this time!!! Impressive! Finished Klingons and a Romulan faction... amazing!
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It's free! More details about C-Store offerings will be revealed as we get closer to launch :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

YAHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Great work dont mind all the complainers and nay sayers i for one and happy beyond mention :D

Now THAT was some great work by the dev team

Kudos dev team :)
  • undeadmanifestationundeadmanifestation Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    timer enter the -0 territory....
  • thoreinskydancerthoreinskydancer Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ceryndrion wrote: »
    Not impressed really..

I'm not impressed by your comment.
  • stephenpantojastephenpantoja Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Awesome job, Cryptic! I wish i could *****-slap all the negative nay sayers who were talking ca-ca that it wouldnt happen! Would love to laugh in their crying faces right now! LMFAO!
  • malakhglitchmalakhglitch Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    derrico1 wrote: »
    cryptic devs are GODS !!!!!!!

Romulan and Reman for sure. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ... and KDF receives the final boning.

Starting a KDF character at level 1 and from the start is not something that should be ignored.

That's a lot for the KDF faction.
    Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • raud1raud1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    What about Temporal ships (and VET ships) - Will Romulans get a unique version?
  • thestormsongthestormsong Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I am definitely looking forward to this! :D
    I wonder if lifers will be able to play as Liberated Borg Romulans..

Joined in March, 2011. Lifer since December, 2011.
  • cmdrskyfallercmdrskyfaller Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    hatepwe wrote: »
    Maybe you guys can't read:

KDF Start at 1 with content taking them through 50.

They actually completed the KDF as well as creating a new faction.

Oh dear god you can't really be that naive can you?

'completed the KDF' ? No. They just lowered the starting level 1, put some half TRIBBLE effort made tutorial and changed nothing of its end game content, 2-year long critical gameplay bugs plaguing KDF ships were not addressed and added no new KDF unique ships.
    genhauk wrote: »
    Starting a KDF character at level 1 and from the start is not something that should be ignored.

That's a lot for the KDF faction.

Not really. Rank 1 to 50 is done in fed toons inside a day or two. End game content is where the real beef is at. News for you: No end game change or fixes for KDF.

This expansion only shoves KDF from being #2 in the list of priorities to #3. And we know how abandoned KDF was in the past 2+ years ...now it will be completely ignored as all resources will be focused on monetizing the romulan faction.

Dont get me wrong, I like the addition of romulan faction and look forward to flying their ships. I do not like however the fact that they added it before they gave the KDF some long deserved attention. Now it will never happen.
  • insanerandomnesinsanerandomnes Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Occassionally, rarelly, cryptic will bring out some very very good content. This release will probably have the same issues as all the others: unsolved bugs, balancing problems, the lot, but you know what?

I DON'T CARE!
    I AM THE HARBINGER OF HOPE!
    I AM THE SWORD OF THE RIGHTOUS!

dark_dreadnaught_by_insane_randomness-d5z6ydl.jpg
  • themartianthemartian Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This does look good. I'm hoping there are some free character slots coming as I only have one spare and I'm sure an altoholic like myself won't be able to stop there.
    My alt army:
    K'ymara, Orion Engineer. Caedera of Borg, Liberated Borg Tactical, Elyza Vix, Joined Trill Scientist. Christina Bellona, Augmented Human Tactical.
    T'Lana, Vulcan Scientist. Arbol, Martian Tactical. Ayzer Bryn, Joined Trill Engineer. Hawke, Betazoid Scientist. Karna Valkras, Klingon Engineer. Beth Parker, Human Tactical
    Sarel, Romulan Engineer (Federation). Yazuri, Reman Scientist (KDF)
  • naeviusnaevius Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Joined October 2009. READ BEFORE POSTING
  • boglejam73boglejam73 Member Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Bob Sheeple approves.

Wait...is that a good thing?!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mattgrantmattgrant Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Alright, somewhere in between the two expectations that there would be no Romulan faction and that the KDF need move over for a new and full playable faction. I'm curious, though. Romulans and Remans the only playable race?

Can you create an Alien for the Fed/KDF and then have that character join the Romulan Republic as a member of a race ostensibly under the Romulan banner?

Will lifetime members have the ability to create Liberated Romulan/Reman drones as their captain?

Either way, very excited. Given the new development, I wonder if there will be a featured re-run of the Romulan Mystery episode series one last time. I'd love nab me a Reman BOFF before May comes around.
  • mattmiraclemattmiracle Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    tabzen wrote: »
    This and nothing but this ... a few devs need to start now explain why it took 3 years why klingons took so long and why a new faction starts at 1 ...

Not at ALL impressed.

Did you not read where you can choose ANY faction and start at level 1 - 50?
    Matt Miracle

Fleet Commander in Chief [Rank 7] for Covenant of Honor; a FED T5 Starbase
    House Leader [Rank 7] for Honorable House of Mor'gue; a KDF T3 Starbase
    Find us at CovenantofHonor.com.  My Twitter handle; @jmattmiracle
  • captainmd10captainmd10 Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I truly, honestly didn't see this coming. I was expecting the tholian rep and these shady new enemies, but I didn't expect a Romulan faction this early. DStahl was right, this is way larger than a normal season update.
  • grirgrir Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Can't wait for this. Would like to know what this free torpedo launcher message means on the website since it just redirects me to the main site.
  • ggg29407ggg29407 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This sounds awesome! Can't wait!!!:D
  • adarandreladarandrel Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ANd a TOS bird of prey to boot WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO >:)
  • otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Holy good news Batman!

Wow...Impressive, most impressive. The new char creation system looks smooth and much improved as does the new UI. And a whole new Romulan Faction from 1-50 is extremely impressive indeed. Looking foreward to May now.

You really have done yourselved proud now Cryptic.

And to the ones saying a faction would not happen.... Well, from everything from New Romulus, I always had a sneaking suspicion that Romulans were comming. There have been small and nearly missable hints in game as well as out of game..

Your rating just went up quite few notches with this announcement Cryptic...

and WOOOOOOT!!!! :cool::cool::cool:
  • llywelallywela Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    we were ready 3 years ago :P :P :P

Fixed!

Also, SQUEE! :D
  • aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I am definitely looking forward to this! :D
    I wonder if lifers will be able to play as Liberated Borg Romulans..

It would be reasonable but I would still like to pick the traits nonetheless. :D

Now about that Tholian Reputation system....
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
  • rfzanderrfzander Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It remains to be seen if they are "finished" and up to par wit the federation faction. I really hope they are, lord knows the klingons need it. I just wonder hoe awesome the klingon faction would/could have been had they focused on them and left the romulan faction for another time. Congratz to everyone who finally get what they want. I hope its everything you want it to be. I guess we will find out when it hits tribble.
  • zonda599major1zonda599major1 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    How much money?!?!?!?!