test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Legacy of Romulus Revealed!

Comments

• jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Looks like there's a lot of good stuff in there, I can't wait to learn more (and for the release, of course).

Like many, I'm curious about what exactly this means for KDF content. Time will tell...
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • rhw6284rhw6284 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    hey do you guys know if there gonna open red shirt to allow people to test pre launch
  • tabzentabzen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    boglejam73 wrote: »
    Bob Sheeple approves.

Wait...is that a good thing?!

Never is a good thing when Bob Sheeple approves ... something is wrong in the world when he agrees ..
  • kirimuffinkirimuffin Member Posts: 695 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Still can't help but be cynical about Cryptic's track record with the KDF. It's cool to hear that it's going to be 1-50 finally, and I'll admit to a bit of excitement there, but my stance remains: I'll believe it when I see it, and not a picosecond before.

The rest looks AWESOME. Can't wait to march! Love that new UI, too. :)
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well, I knew they were going to call it something along the lines of "Romulan Republic." :P

I'm assuming that, starting from 1-50 for any faction, that the Klingons have new content as well?
  • captainmd10captainmd10 Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    grir wrote: »
    Can't wait for this. Would like to know what this free torpedo launcher message means on the website since it just redirects me to the main site.

My guess is that it's some kind of Advanced Romulan Plasma Torpedo (Probably Mk 2) that Romulans will get at the start of their new character.
  • jbarnes0210jbarnes0210 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I called this too. Knew it had to be something very special for such a long count-down. And what can be more special that involves the Romulans then launching the Romulan Faction?

Way to go, STO Team!!! Looking awesome in that video. So when will it be on Tribble?

:D
    Vice Admiral Survic Stone, FED TAC, King - Knights of the Round Table (Join Today!)
    Vice Admiral Krothos, FED TAC, Ensign - Devil's Rejects
    Lieutenant General Pek'ToS, KDF TAC, Veteran - House of Martok

The Rest & Details: My STO Page!
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Tholian Reputation?? haha that'll be good
  • arabaturarabatur Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    A new faction eh? I don't think the game can support this, seeing as the KDF is still a work in progress. But I guess this cash cow will get milked dry quickly enough though. I look forward to the many bugs that will get released on 21st May, only to become 'features' like in previous seasons.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • dkratascodkratasco Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Lets hope that this new faction will be better prepared than KDF in day of premier.
  • wraithshadow13wraithshadow13 Member Posts: 1,728 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    wow, i was way off.... By a long shot....

Either way great job, i'm looking forward to playing around with this later. Hopefully Champions online can get this sort of attention now.
  • rocknrobot1rocknrobot1 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Very nice. Really looking forward to it. :)
  • cmdrskyfallercmdrskyfaller Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It's free! More details about C-Store offerings will be revealed as we get closer to launch :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Bran, we know that re-trait is very likely to happen for all existing toons.

Question is: Is a re-spec of player race being introduced? Even if as as 1 time only thing?

Too many accounts are still plagued by the F2P change making their choice of race and traits be completely different than what is available now. Re-trait and Re-race (within current faction of course) should be an option.
  • storattstoratt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Really nice, THIS IS BEST UPDATE YET. ..TNX
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hope the Romulans get their own animal species.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • cmdrskyfallercmdrskyfaller Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Hope the Romulans get their own animal species.

Yes.. a 2 meter tall bipedal Epoh. :D
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yes.. a 2 meter tall bipedal Epoh. :D

*Facepalm*
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,818 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ceryndrion wrote: »
    Not impressed really..

I share your scepticism! Whether the "new" content will be rehashed Fed missions for the most part or actually new as in new maps, completely new (not rehashed) missions from the Rommie story arc, and so on. With Cryptic, I have learned not to get my hopes up thanks to many past disappointments!
  • havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This is so full of win

*snoopy dance continues*

Waited 3 years for this, where should I deliver my first-borns
  • captwcaptw Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    after all the let downs by you guys I'm not holding my breath on this one, sorry. I'm pretty much expecting lesser content and KDF is left to rot.
    lHut1H2.jpg
    "I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived" Picard to Riker
  • boogieman6boogieman6 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Star Trek Online?s first expansion, Legacy of Romulus, has just been revealed! Visit our overview site at www.legacyofromulus.com for full expansion details.

Are you ready to build your legacy?

so let me get this straight... instead of fixing the styuff that has bugs in it in the game(some of which has been there for an extremely long time) you ppl in your wisdom decided to make a new faction... yeah that makes perfect sense NOT!
  • mikeflmikefl Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I suppose there will be a romulan starbase as well... more work better hurry and get the fed base done.
    Gold Sub since March 2010
    Lifetime Sub since June 2010
  • mertyolmertyol Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i have made an wallpaper out of that website assets.

http://image.mertyol.com/i/romulanwal.png

Enjoy :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • malakhglitchmalakhglitch Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Bran, we know that re-trait is very likely to happen for all existing toons.

Question is: Is a re-spec of player race being introduced? Even if as as 1 time only thing?

Too many accounts are still plagued by the F2P change making their choice of race and traits be completely different than what is available now. Re-trait and Re-race (within current faction of course) should be an option.

Oh I would DEFINITELY love to have a re-trait and re-race within the current factions (currently playing a "Romulan" within the Federation).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    jcsww wrote: »
    I share your scepticism! Whether the "new" content will be rehashed Fed missions for the most part or actually new as in new maps, completely new (not rehashed) missions from the Rommie story arc, and so on. With Cryptic, I have learned not to get my hopes up thanks to many past disappointments!

and if, i get to play as Romulan :D

that is all what counts. also, i do not think they'll let us wait 2 months without releasing anything new. There will be FE, new lockbox, ships.. or something to strip us off the Dill we have.. :D

THANK YOU CRYPTIC, looking forward to May 21st very much!
  • amavaramavar Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    jcsww wrote: »

Ahhh! Giant Epohhs!!
  • ussprometheus79ussprometheus79 Member Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Guys I'm sorry....I've soiled myself in excitement......I promise it won't happen again....
    If you've come to the forums to complain about the AFK system, it's known to be bugged at the moment.
  • eppeeeppee Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Super excited, have had my Romy planned out for years, lol :D
  • namelesseinnamelessein Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Cryptic, could you please address the concerns of us f2p-ers? How much of this new content, if any, is going to be free? What are the new subscriber-only benefits dstahl mentioned in Ask Cryptic?
  • ozy83ozy83 Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Massively excited for this, wanted to play a Romulan for so so long.

Jolan Tru my friends!

Rise Romulus, once more!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lag Watch:
    Delta Rising: Warning
    Anniversary Event: Severe
    Iconian Season: Critical