Loving the sig btw ...

this couldn't seem more damn appropriate right now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZJczZ6gbVU

Bring on May already !!! We aint seen nothing yet :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Ha ha yes I was and you know it. I said, and I can dig out the post, that it would be an act of monumental stupidity to release this amount of lead up to anythin other than a full Romulan faction. That is what we are getting, ergo I am right you are wrong so stick that in your pipe and smoke it LOL

As i said don't take the gloating Too far.:rolleyes:
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    diogene0 wrote: »
    No you were not right, if we consider what cryptic does, most of the times. See the fate of the KDF faction. See how it's been neglected for more than 3 years (and see how it's going to be abandoned now that they probably consider it's "done" in may). :D

You were not right, you were lucky and overly optimistic, and that makes a big difference. :P

Still, that's a cool update. Really looking forward to blow up d'dridex ships in pvp, and maybe flying my own mogai if the stats look fine.

You were so wrong, the faction was obvious the moment march under the Raptors wings was uttered. We were right, theres no which way about it.
  • Options
    walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Looks like that Romulan ship at the end gets sucked into a black hole. I guess that's unique to Romulans with their singularity cores...
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    walshicus wrote: »
    Looks like that Romulan ship at the end gets sucked into a black hole. I guess that's unique to Romulans with their singularity cores...

That would be a new explosion FX for Romulan ships....before that ships just blew up.

I wonder if they will update the FED one with the blue warp core shock wave explosion.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    I'm going to nap I was suppose to be asleep a long time ago...damn Germany/France :P

Edit: and Damn Cryptic for forgetting about timezones...and that it's called the World Wide Web for a reason.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I tweeted Branflakes about three hours ago that the cat was out of the bag. I imagine he was asleep though.
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    So it is indeed a Romulan faction. Hmmmm, someone is going to be fired for letting the cat out of the bag.
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    edited March 2013
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    So it is indeed a Romulan faction. Hmmmm, someone is going to be fired for letting the cat out of the bag.

Doubt it. Clearly it was "just one of those things" where the countdown was set to the wrong time in certain areas.

Besides, it was a matter of five hours. Whoopty-doo.
  • Options
    stirling191stirling191 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Doubt it. Clearly it was "just one of those things" where the countdown was set to the wrong time in certain areas.

In internet time, that's the equivalent of a few months
  • Options
    edited March 2013

Just so you know, my countdown clock (as in the one for the uk on their website) ends in 54 minutes.

Cant wait :P
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    meurikmeurik Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Gossip travels at Warp 10 :)
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • Options
    inosaskainosaska Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    scififan78 wrote: »
    I tweeted Branflakes about three hours ago that the cat was out of the bag. I imagine he was asleep though.

This fits to well LOL

http://youtu.be/mYhNljS5Sug?t=58s
  • Options
    edited March 2013

True, but people have done far worse things with countdowns, costing FAAAR more money than this would have (i.e. this caused no financial cost) with minimal consequence beyond a "let's try not to do that again".

I'm looking forward to 13:00... really want to see if there's any additional info.
  • Options
    redshirtthefirstredshirtthefirst Member Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Pop goes the dilithium exchange....
    Server not responding (1701 s)
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm a bit perplex here, where exactly is this confirmation? All the links on this page simply direct me to a German version of the countdown page. There's no spoilers, no news, nothing. :rolleyes: I've obviously missed something cause a fair number of people are convinced (it seems, overnight) about this.

Regardless, if there is proof out there, it was inevitable. I know the community was 50/50 split, but really, was it not that obvious? A special page for an update, a countdown, news that the update would focus on Romulans. How anyone could not have come to the conclusion that it was the faction is beyond logic.

I'll have to dish out all the posts I made stating this to be the case, then post them on to all the people that said I was wrong. :P But yeah, if this is all go then Cryptic, I commend you. Just be sure to give us more than Romulans and Remans as Officers (at least, bridge officers anyway) and I'll be more than happy; might even purchase a lifetime subscription (when the sale is next on) too.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    flash525 wrote: »
    I'm a bit perplex here, where exactly is this confirmation? All the links on this page simply direct me to a German version of the countdown page. There's no spoilers, no news, nothing. :rolleyes: I've obviously missed something cause a fair number of people are convinced (it seems, overnight) about this.

As best I can tell (and forgive me if this is a little im-precise, I'm still piecing things together myself here) here's what happened:

The localized (IE: US, German, UK etc.) countdowns werent properly synched up. As such one of them (in this case the German one) completed sometime overnight, and the "reveal" was done. It stayed up for a bit before it was removed, and replaced with the "correct" countdown timer.

People are basing their comments and reactions on data and pictures snipped in that window before the error was rectified. Data which appears to indicate a full blown Romulan faction.
  • Options
    pyryckpyryck Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Dang, the crow population of the planet is taking a SERIOUS beating with hundreds of thousands being eaten by a group of STO players! :D
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    As best I can tell (and forgive me if this is a little im-precise, I'm still piecing things together myself here) here's what happened:

The localized (IE: US, German, UK etc.) countdowns werent properly synched up. As such one of them (in this case the German one) completed sometime overnight, and the "reveal" was done. It stayed up for a bit before it was removed, and replaced with the "correct" countdown timer.

People are basing their comments and reactions on data and pictures snipped in that window before the error was rectified. Data which appears to indicate a full blown Romulan faction.
    I see. Someone is going to lose their job soon. :P

Just been posted this too: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=8701651&postcount=66

I don't think anyone can think otherwise anymore. :D
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    weylandjuarezweylandjuarez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    pyryck wrote: »
    Dang, the crow population of the planet is taking a SERIOUS beating with hundreds of thousands being eaten by a group of STO players! :D

OK, I'm going to come out in support of all those doubters because whilst the news is indeed intriguing, you fan-boys and girls need a reality check.

Yes, it's a Rom faction - 1-50 they say - same goes for the KDF. I was one of the skeptics - why? Because given Cryptic's track record of over-promising and under-delivering, even the thought of them attempting something this big seemed ridiculous.

And even now, what are we seeing exactly in the trailer? 3 identically-dressed Romulans, one environment that looks new, one that's built out of old environments, a few new ships and two old ones fighting with maybe some spiffy new power - and that's it.

If this was a 'complete' 1-50 faction I'd expect there to be a little more new stuff in the trailer but there isn't. Either because they don't want to show it yet or (cynic hat on) they haven't made it yet.

Same with the screengrabs - there's a lot of concept art in there (including the UI mockups) for something that's supposed to being going live in two months.

Stahl's only comment on the KDF regarding Season 8 is that 'the tutorial is being reworked' - other than that, I'm not expecting anything new for the KDF so if that 1-50 for the Klingons holds true then that tutorial's going to be smoke and mirrors fluff to get you to the point where you can start doing (old) Featured Episodes.

And whilst the Romulans will need a lot of new stuff (from Nomulus maybe?) to flesh out their early levels, you can bet the Featured Episodes will be part of their levelling progress too - and for KDF levels 20-50, the FE's plus a handful of unique missions are all they get.

But most of all, understand that this faction - the Romulans - isn't for the players they have - it's for the players they want - it'll be big and splashy and make for good coverage, the only question is, once you dig beneath the surface, will there be any substance?

Cryptic's track record says no. But I like this game, and I want it to succeed so I'm cautiously optimistic.
    Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    If this was a 'complete' 1-50 faction I'd expect there to be a little more new stuff in the trailer but there isn't. Either because they don't want to show it yet or (cynic hat on) they haven't made it yet.

Would not be the first time something Cryptic released turned out to be not actually built yet (looking at you Rep system).
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    OK, I'm going to come out in support of all those doubters because whilst the news is indeed intriguing, you fan-boys and girls need a reality check.

Yes, it's a Rom faction - 1-50 they say - same goes for the KDF. I was one of the skeptics - why? Because given Cryptic's track record of over-promising and under-delivering, even the thought of them attempting something this big seemed ridiculous.

And even now, what are we seeing exactly in the trailer? 3 identically-dressed Romulans, one environment that looks new, one that's built out of old environments, a few new ships and two old ones fighting with maybe some spiffy new power - and that's it.

Same with the screengrabs - there's a lot of concept art in there (including the UI mockups) for something that's supposed to being going live in two months.

Stahl's only comment on the KDF regarding Season 8 is that 'the tutorial is being reworked' - other than that, I'm not expecting anything new for the KDF so if that 1-50 for the Klingons holds true then that tutorial's going to be smoke and mirrors fluff to get you to the point where you can start doing (old) Featured Episodes.

And whilst the Romulans will need a lot of new stuff (from Nomulus maybe?) to flesh out their early levels, you can bet the Featured Episodes will be part of their levelling progress too - and for KDF levels 20-50, the FE's plus a handful of unique missions are all they get.

But most of all, understand that this faction - the Romulans - isn't for the players they have - it's for the players they want - it'll be big and splashy and make for good coverage, the only question is, once you dig beneath the surface, will there be any substance?

Cryptic's track record says no. But I like this game, and I want it to succeed so I'm cautiously optimistic.

I am skeptical as well, but just think: Forget the klingon war missions on the fed side, but all the other missions could be made non faction specific very easily.

They already did it with the Featured Series, so I am betting this is what they are doing to do to give the Romulan/KDF a full level 1-50 experience....
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    OMG

Excuse me while I eat my words

Ladies and Gentlemen, you will find me on the Romulan side from now on

I to doubted this would happen and i to must eat my words but i gladly do so knowing i will soon be a romulan :)
  • Options
    meurikmeurik Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I am skeptical as well, but just think: Forget the klingon war missions on the fed side, but all the other missions could be made non faction specific very easily.

They already did it with the Featured Series, so I am betting this is what they are doing to do to give the Romulan/KDF a full level 1-50 experience....

Honestly, I would not mind this one bit. Yes, it would be fun with some brand new missions, but retuning KDF to start at level 1, with their own tutorial, is not meant for existing players. It's meant to bring in new players, who may not wish to play the "goody-two-shoe" FEDs, or the "cloak-and-dagger" ROMs.

They could ofcourse move the mission order around, so that KDF goes from Omega Leonis, to Eta Eradani, to Regulus etc.
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Well, for the Klingons at the very least the fighting against the True Way can very easily adapted.
    Even some of the B'vat missions considering the Klingons actually consider him a renegade.
    He sabotages officially sanctioned piece talks and uses time travel even though Klingons so very much dislike Temporal incusions (as we see in the Devidian Series).
    There are even some missions in Romulan space that can be adapted.
    I could imagine the Klingons would be interested to find out what blew up Hobus as much as the next person.
    Just don't adapt "Under the Cover of Night".;)
  • Options
    weylandjuarezweylandjuarez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    meurik wrote: »
    Honestly, I would not mind this one bit. Yes, it would be fun with some brand new missions, but retuning KDF to start at level 1, with their own tutorial, is not meant for existing players. It's meant to bring in new players, who may not wish to play the "goody-two-shoe" FEDs, or the "cloak-and-dagger" ROMs.

They could ofcourse move the mission order around, so that KDF goes from Omega Leonis, to Eta Eradani, to Regulus etc.

I'm not saying I'd mind that either, just that those that are jumping with joy at the prospect of playing a new race might want to temper their enthusiasm by considering that all they're actually getting is a re-skinned KDF (with all the fallout that entails).

Is that cynical? Yes. But Cryptic have earned that - maybe May will convince me otherwise - I hope so :)
    Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    meurik wrote: »

Yup, I am also betting the Feds and KDF will still keep there unique missions as starting missions, but then branch off into the same missions just in a different order order as you said.

All they need to is create a few Romulan specific starting missions, which they are doing with the help from Denise Crosby :D
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif