test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Jean-Claude Van Damme Wants to be in The Avengers 2

hawkwing43hawkwing43 Member Posts: 1,701 Arc User
edited April 2013 in Ten Forward
No wait really he wants to be in that new film, so he's getting to word out now to get people talking him up.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=75946

So lets say he gets his wish, and they cast him in the new film. What hero could he play? Maybe he would be a villian type.

Just to get the ball rolling, here is a list of Avenger Heros not currently taken:

1. Ant-Man
2. Quicksilver
3. Moon Knight
4. Rage
5. Iron Fist
6. Daredevil

I could go on and on, but maybe these are a few he can play in the Avengers 2. If he's casted or not playing a villian role. What do you guys think?
Post edited by hawkwing43 on

Comments

• Options
    lonnehartlonnehart Member Posts: 846 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Doctor Doom? :)

Sorry. After seeing him play the hero in so many movies, it'd be interesting to see him play as the villain. I figure if Mark Hamill could do it, he can too.
    *sings* "I like Gammera! He's so neat!!! He is full of turtle meat!!!"

"Hah! You are doomed! You're only armed with that pathetic excuse for a musical instrument!!!" *the Savage Beast moments before Lonnehart the Bard used music to soothe him... then beat him to death with his Fat Lute*
  • Options
    hevachhevach Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Quicksilver might be locked out by the X-men movie rights. I remember reading somewhere that he and Scarlet Witch were an odd gray area - they were more closely associated with the Avengers than the X-men so the characters aren't in Fox's license, but the whole mutant thing is, so if they did appear in the movies, they couldn't be mutants.

Could go with the joke cast on him. Tons of former action heroes getting silly parts these days. And to that end, with Disney owning both Marvel and Lucasfilm, the questionable status of the movie rights to Howard the Duck are resolved - whoever still holds it, they're all under one roof now. Give him Howard, and just to make it very clear he's being joke cast, have Tony build him the Iron Duck suit right before the climactic battle.
  • Options
    ambassadormolariambassadormolari Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Sadly, they're already working on an Ant Man movie.

Weirdly enough, though, I can see him as Moon Knight. Otherwise...how about Klaw?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Daredevil = Ben Affleck
    :P
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    hawkwing43hawkwing43 Member Posts: 1,701 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well I can still see him playing Daredevil, nevermind that Ben played the role 1st. Even Iron Fist would be a good role, seeing how he uses martal arts too.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    JCVD just wants a job. That doesn't mean he deserves one. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    hawkwing43 wrote: »
    Well I can still see him playing Daredevil, nevermind that Ben played the role 1st. Even Iron Fist would be a good role, seeing how he uses martal arts too.

I can't picture it, actually i couldn't picture Affleck playing DD either till I saw him, and he did a wonderful job. IF the have to replace Affleck with a martial arts guy I think Jackie Chan would be a better choice.
    ;)
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    If they are going to make changes to the Avengers I assume it will be to include another minority - Sam Jackson as Nick Fury isn't enough. They are going to need a Falcon, Rage, or Powerman/Luke Cage type.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    felixhexfelixhex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    JCVD was be a good addition. Why not? He could play good or evil. As he did a great job in The Expendables 2. That's how he started his career out too.

Swordsman
    Namor (Favorite)
    Dr. Druid
    Moon Knight (2nd)
    Demolition Man
    Forgotten One
    Rage
    Machine Man
    Living Lightning
    Darkhawk
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'd much rather watch JCVD in Avengers 2 than the Rock in Star Wars VII.
  • Options
    cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I wasn't aware that there was a hero named mediocre man, in the avengers.If this happens, they need to recast David Hasselhoff as Nick Fury.He was awesome as...HAHAHAHA, I couldn't do that and keep a straight face.:D
  • Options
    maxvitormaxvitor Member Posts: 2,213 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    They can let Van Damme play The Tick, or some kind of alien with no lines.
    Thanks but no thanks, we don't need anymore has-beens trying to revive their careers in the movies.
    If something is not broken, don't fix it, if it is broken, don't leave it broken.
    Oh Hell NO to ARC
  • Options
    targpetz101targpetz101 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Van damme is best known for the big 360 kick and doing the splits so easily that the average man's groin tears on the sight of it.

A comic character knopwn for big kicks and doing splits is associated with the Avengers?
    [SIGPIC]This is not as good as it used to be...[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    A comic character knopwn for big kicks and doing splits is associated with the Avengers?

Preposterous.
  • Options
    darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013

HAHAHA! oh the irony!

JCVD is well known for getting irate and sometimes violent with the paparazzi.
    Imagine him playing a superhero, whose day job is being his own paparazzi!
    He wouldn't stop kicking his own TRIBBLE!
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    JCVD is well known for getting irate and sometimes violent with the paparazzi.
    Imagine him playing a superhero, whose day job is being his own paparazzi!
    He wouldn't stop kicking his own TRIBBLE!

I would pay good money for that.
  • Options
    darthstormstrikedarthstormstrike Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'd much rather watch JCVD in Avengers 2 than the Rock in Star Wars VII.

The Rock as a jedi won't work but as a trooper he can pull that off.

And I can see the Rock as a trooper before JCVD as anything more than Stan Lee's buddy in Avengers 2.

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    The Rock as a jedi won't work but as a trooper he can pull that off.

And I can see the Rock as a trooper before JCVD as anything more than Stan Lee's buddy in Avengers 2.

C'mon, The 'peoples eye' givin out the force stare doesn't have any appeal to you ?
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• Options
    edited March 2013
    The Rock would make a pretty good Mandalorian. As long as he can resist the need to basically import his WWE character for the role like he did in Voyager. He seems to have learned how to do that from his stay in comedy movie purgatory.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    hevach wrote: »
    The Rock would make a pretty good Mandalorian. As long as he can resist the need to basically import his WWE character for the role like he did in Voyager. He seems to have learned how to do that from his stay in comedy movie purgatory.

Are you sure it isn't hell?
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    What, just because it's set in Michigan? Lansing's not that bad of a city.

Really, though, he got out of it and back into action movies. Which is more than can be said for Hulk Hogan or basically any other professional wrestler to try making the jump to a film career.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Heh, Steve Austin did Expendables 2 with JCVD.

Loop closed

Now lets talk about JCVD in Street fighter.
    ;)
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• Options
    edited March 2013
    lordmalak1 wrote: »
    Now lets talk about JCVD in Street fighter.
    ;)

OF COURSE. Yeah we can do that.
  • Options
    theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Uh... yeah, lets totally judge this guy abilitys based on a 19y old movie like street fighter or even older stuff and not on his awesome performance like in the much newer JCVD - the movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxnWhD6wrmA

That scene is from the same movie (french, found no subs. sorry): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMb5FE7aMN0

I think whatever marvel hero/villain he plays will be portrayed great.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hmm... as villains go.... Batroc or maybe Grey gargoyle.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2013

OMG, how could the academy snub that ?
    :D
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

• Options
    fencer8fencer8 Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    From what I have seen of JC, in comparison to his younger days, he's just wore out.
  • Options
    foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Put him in as Batroc the leaper. Then have Hulk throw him into orbit.
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Not surprising that an actor, especially one with hie heyday behind him, wants to be in a franchise that is making bajillions of cash.

highly doubt it will happen though.
  • Options
    dkratascodkratasco Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    If he must play... than Iron Fist is the only logical choice in my opinion.