Install Arc
Options

Jean-Claude Van Damme Wants to be in The Avengers 2

2»

Comments

• Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Uh... yeah, lets totally judge this guy abilitys based on a 19y old movie like street fighter or even older stuff and not on his awesome performance like in the much newer JCVD - the movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxnWhD6wrmA

That scene is from the same movie (french, found no subs. sorry): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMb5FE7aMN0

I think whatever marvel hero/villain he plays will be portrayed great.

Just saw JCVD last night- pretty funny. It'll be on again later this week (encore network IIRC)
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    dkratasco wrote: »
    If he must play... than Iron Fist is the only logical choice in my opinion.

I approve.
  • Options
    sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Nick fury??

Being as he is the right age , ethnic group and level of ability

We see the other fury eliminated and he steps out of the shadows and says "Nick fury at your service"

Or let him play Thanos
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    hawkwing43 wrote: »

1. Ant-Man
    2. Quicksilver
    3. Moon Knight
    4. Rage
    5. Iron Fist
    6. Daredevil

I could go on and on, but maybe these are a few he can play in the Avengers 2. If he's casted or not playing a villian role. What do you guys think?
    Let's focus on Rage. Explain how you feel Van Damme can encompass the character of Rage? A young African American super hero walking the line between in control and out of control vigilante, that is known for being large, muscular and kind of a brick in terms of appearance and power usage. You contend a tiny, old Caucasian man from Brussels noted for agile martial arts can play this role?
    felixhex wrote: »
    Swordsman
    Namor (Favorite)
    Dr. Druid
    Moon Knight (2nd)
    Demolition Man
    Forgotten One
    Rage
    Machine Man
    Living Lightning
    Darkhawk
    Doctor Druid gets my vote.
    maxvitor wrote: »
    They can let Van Damme play The Tick, or some kind of alien with no lines.
    Setting aside the fact that Patrick Warburton played the Tick on television already, I'm curious as to how you think The Tick is even remotely linked to the Avengers, or really the Marvel Universe?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    geoff484geoff484 Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    hevach wrote: »
    Quicksilver might be locked out by the X-men movie rights. I remember reading somewhere that he and Scarlet Witch were an odd gray area - they were more closely associated with the Avengers than the X-men so the characters aren't in Fox's license, but the whole mutant thing is, so if they did appear in the movies, they couldn't be mutants.

Well I don't think it's necessarily because they're mutants, I think it's because they're the children of Magneto.

I'd think they could still be considered mutants (just because Fox has rights to X-men characters doesn't mean that Whedon couldn't reference mutants), but they wouldn't be able to reference Magneto as being their father.
    banner_zpsowioz7sn.jpg
  • Options
    beast0005beast0005 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    felixhex wrote: »
    JCVD was be a good addition. Why not? He could play good or evil. As he did a great job in The Expendables 2. That's how he started his career out too.

Agreed. I feel he would be a great addition and with fight scenes such as the following, move aside Chris Hemsworth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4GV_2g8slo Not sure how to embed, sorry.