What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Constant Server disconnects

Comments

• Options
    sebastioncanesebastioncane Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Server issue, anyone else having problems with getting disconnected every couple of minutes
    I have been getting disconnected from the server every two to five minutes for the last twelve hours and I'm hearing from a lot of other people who seem to be having the same issue, does anyone know if STO is aware of this problem and when it might get fixed?
  • Options
    libertylasslibertylass Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Sigh, another day another unplayable time with no acknowledgement or Dev response. Tried logging in at lunch and good ole Server Not Responding.
  • Options
    tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I wasn't getting disconnected but the Academy Event a couple hours back was super-laggy. Maybe the servers hadn't had their morning coffee yet.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • Options
    flips7flips7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have to admit I thought I was fixed, but alas I am waiting for servers forever again, problems are still quite frustrating as I'm sure everyone else is
  • Options
    shad0wnyxshad0wnyx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    :mad:

Ever since the last patch connection in the evening is awful, it all begins at 17:00 GMT and by 19:00 GMT the game is unplayable.

I can tracert, ping, flushdns, open ports, create port triggering, port forwarding, turn off my firewall, try the game proxys... all of it is simply busy work... why?

Here's the thing - I have three different ISPs, my phone (tethered), a 3G usb stick and a cable provider - my lowest connection speeds is 15Mb and highest 60Mb ALL of them have this issue. My PC has this issue with these connection types, I tried it on laptop also to be sure.

They are working on it? It's a shame for all the "working on it" it is never fixed for long.

Where is the accountability?

Where is the communication with players?
    ETA of the fix?
    A small brief on the issue?
    A simple acknowledgement to the players?
    Are you guys allergic to money?

I know if I owned this game that connection would be paramount as connection = revenue.

I'm really getting to the end of my patience with this game, I really enjoy STO however the connection issues are terrible. EVERY other online game / MMO I can play without issue (on any connection) except this one, I think it is time to take my money elsewhere. Enough is Enough.
  • Options
    hiplyrustichiplyrustic Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Anyone else having server issues I can't seem to stay logged on to STO more than two to five minutes before I get disconnected from the server, this has been going on for about 12 hours now, does anyone know if STO is aware of this problem and when it will be fixed?

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=285951

Add your voice there. And oh yes, they are aware.
  • Options
    brickyardbrickyard Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well, it's monday evening here.... guess what?

Bah I'm so done with this, continue 'server not responding', didn't get credit after finishing pvp queue, yada yada, etc etc.

Laterzzzzzzzzzzz
    P2W is Pay to Play for me, what else? Duh! :D
  • Options
    rocknrobot1rocknrobot1 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It's becoming unplayable, everytime i'm in a game, i get disconnected. Almost everytime i change zones, i get disconnected.

Today evening this has happened: I queued up for a starbase fleet defense, the "engage" window appeared, i clicked engage and it just disappeared.

I queued up again, this time i could enter the game. But after a few minutes, i just got disconnected again so i logged back in, hoping i could continue from where i have been before, but to my surprise i was back on DS9.

What the heck is going on, how am i supposed to play anything in this game with all these disconnects, rubberbanding and lag?

The only thing i can do now is doffing. Maybe when i get really lucky, i can do a quick 5-man fleet defense but even there it is rubberbanding a lot sometimes. Please do something.
  • Options
    kevaldtkevaldt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The only area where this is becoming an issue, for me anyways, is anywhere in the tau dewa sector block.

I can log my alts and play with them but my main toon was trying to get to new romulus when this issue started so now i cant get back on with him.
    [SIGPIC]InGame - @Darth_Tauri[/SIGPIC]
    Joined - 9/2011
    "You Best Make Peace With Your Dear & Fluffy Lord" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • Options
    halfbakedbeanhalfbakedbean Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The only area where this is becoming an issue, for me anyways, is anywhere in the tau dewa sector block.

I can log my alts and play with them but my main toon was trying to get to new romulus when this issue started so now i cant get back on with him.

I am having the same problem in the Xarantine sector, I have tried 5 times to get into all the systems there and the loading screen just creeps at about 1% a minute. I had to close and restart to get out of it.

My latest try I got kicked with a message saying GS shutting down before getting to ready state.
  • Options
    nyx219nyx219 Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I've been having trouble tonight, too. I was booted from Big Dig 3 times after clicking, getting as far as under the temple once before getting booted. At least I finished it the last try & got the rewards for it, I'd be steamed if I did the whole thing only to get kicked without the rewards. Every other queue I tried never activated after 5+ minutes of waiting, only Big Dig did.

I've been going from DS9 to New Romulus for the past 20 minutes, the sector loads have been painfully slow, but are loading none the less. At the moment, I'm trying to beam down to New Romulus, but if other are having loading/booting issues there, I can imagine the fun times ahead for me :mad:
  • Options
    mushariagainmushariagain Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm also having connection problems, on the loading screen it takes about ten minutes to get to around 30% and then tells me that the connection timed out, It's done it about a dozen times now on several maps, I am, understandably... distres-*BOOOOM* WHAT THE *censored*... :mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not THAT difficult to please, I just have a very low tolerance threshold for stupid BS! - George Carlin.
  • Options
    nyx219nyx219 Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yeah, I think I'm going to avoid New Romulus for now. It tries to load for about 10 minutes, gets up to 30%, then kicks me to the log in screen after telling me the server timed out. When I click my character to log in, I get:

"An error occurred while transferring this character to its destination map. Would you like to safely log in to this character's last non-mission log in map, or attempt to log in normally?"

Definitely an error on their end, not any of us. Not that anyone would have doubted it's a server issue.
  • Options
    agentgreasyagentgreasy Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm noticing more problems than just new romulus. I can't get to my ship bridge (andorian), but I have no issues getting to my shuttle bridge. I can't beam to the academy, but ESD and the sector block are fine. It's different for all places I try. I can't get everywhere, those places that I do get to rarely seem alright, mostly choppy.

I'm not really motivated to dig deeper, but my meager attempts at an explanation to at least rule out myself and my own connection also gave me confidence its not necessarily PWE/Cryptic's fault. Though, I do blame them for not moving already. Their datacenter is ****, and the cogent uplink powering it has some of the worst errors I've seen outside of AOL dialup destinations.

Unfortunately, while it means I'm not as upset at cryptic, it does also mean that I have little hope of the problem remedying until whatever load the trunk can't handle dissipates.

Summary: I've said it a bunch of times... its not patch related, its network related, and its been happening since December or a little before. No amount of patches will fix the problem. It may not even be a PWE game that is eating it all up. All I know is, something between us and the cluster is drowning under a weight well beyond its capability.
  • Options
    lowqfahlowqfah Member Posts: 0
    edited March 2013
    nyx219 wrote: »
    Yeah, I think I'm going to avoid New Romulus for now. It tries to load for about 10 minutes, gets up to 30%, then kicks me to the log in screen after telling me the server timed out. When I click my character to log in, I get:

"An error occurred while transferring this character to its destination map. Would you like to safely log in to this character's last non-mission log in map, or attempt to log in normally?"

Definitely an error on their end, not any of us. Not that anyone would have doubted it's a server issue.

Yeah I am getting the same thing. Very irritating.
  • Options
    bohiapbohiap Member Posts: 535
    edited March 2013
    I can get into the game fine one my fed on ESD. I can't get in at all on my KDF on New Romulus? The loading screen just sits there counting up one second at a time until it decides to time out.
  • Options
    vinru821vinru821 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    working as intended, you didnt give cryptic and PWE enough money, you now have a low priority. WoooowOWoOWO
    :eek:
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    bohiap wrote: »
    I can get into the game fine one my fed on ESD. I can't get in at all on my KDF on New Romulus? The loading screen just sits there counting up one second at a time until it decides to time out.

Basically, this. On mine it takes about ten minutes before it decides to fail, it's driving me up the wall. -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not THAT difficult to please, I just have a very low tolerance threshold for stupid BS! - George Carlin.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    vinru821 wrote: »
    working as intended, you didnt give cryptic and PWE enough money, you now have a low priority. WoooowOWoOWO

You're right, I didn't give them enough money, there's a simple reason why; I don't think they're earning it - They have had years to iron out the bugs, glitches etc. and have done nothing to resolve it, they have constant, emphasis on the 'constant', problems which never get resolved, they only ever seem to add new content to the zen store, for which they charge ridiculous prices and, basically, I feel that they only value their paying subscribers which, you might think is fair enough but, what I've seen so far hardly encourages me to jump at the chance to buy a subscription. What do you really get for your money? A couple of ships and a few bank slots? Yeah, sure but it looks like you still have to put up with the same TRIBBLE, there are plenty of paying customers who have constant connection issues.

Hardly the best advert for a subscription if you ask me, which, I realise, you didn't. ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Can't even connect to the log in server tonight. This has been going on all weekend really.
  • Options
    captaingumleycaptaingumley Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I never have issues with disconnection. For months it has been fine.
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    hravik wrote: »
    Can't even connect to the log in server tonight. This has been going on all weekend really.

I was able to log on earlier today no problemo. Went to work, now I have launcher issues...
    BUMMMMER :mad:
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    taylor248taylor248 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well, that worked (sort of) for about 12-15 minutes. Now, nothing but disconnects again.
  • Options
    psudosapienpsudosapien Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Same here. Can't stay connected for more than 1 minute.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Server issue, every time I log in to my character , I get Disconnected, I get a red colored timer count down then disconnected it's happened more than 50 times in the last 24 hours, and also my character seems to run into invisible walls while moving through ESD and STF games and gets tossed back twenty feet
    this has been going on for more than a day and it's Very Frustrating, I hope Cryptic will see my report and fix this issue soon
  • Options
    hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Unbelievable. Still no update from Cryptic about this. Completely unacceptable.
  • Options
    hiplyrustichiplyrustic Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I never have issues with disconnection. For months it has been fine.

And the fact that you have no issues helps those of us who do...how? Help, report an issue, or post somewhere else.

This is utterly ridiculous, guys. Give us some feedback on what you've found and what you're doing about it.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    been getting disconnecting from ESD and all the games I have been going in including STF's and regular series games, over and over again for about the past 30 hours or more
    seems to be some kind of server issues going on with STO
    hope this gets fixed soon
  • Options
    lirdeklirdek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Why are your customers beeing so milky cows opening lottery boxes, buying zen and sending you massive amount of cash when you guys don't affort decent servers?

1650+ ping ?
    Edit : pikes at 16k + ping wich is totally insan
    e and ridiculous. 'Server not responding' etc

Getting botted off server, gamelauncher issue again etc etc etc

When will that be fixed ? why are these issues so recurent?

Since day one forums has been filled with people complaining bout such amateurs issues that you seem can't get fixed?

yes I'm angry since you guys are selling a VERY EXPENSIVE game to your customers when the quality seems to be lost on somewhere else place.

the game in its current state is not worth the price you ask for it monthly or lifer sub or lottery boxes.
  • Options
    skolldrachen#2061 skolldrachen Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i have some wonderful friendly advice from those who give you money to play this game...before introducing new stuff...please fix the old stuff.....may, may be coming....but it does nothing if we cant get into the game...or play the mirror event. or queue up for matches. or fly our ships........introducing new content while the old content doesn't work only adds to your problems....so now that we are back to the server not connecting..........I'm wondering if i should keep paying and playing this game....please fix the game guys......
    They say there's no such place... as Paradise. Even if you search to the ends of the Earth, there's nothing there. No matter how far you walk, it's always the same road. It just goes on and on. But, in spite of that... Why am I so driven to find it? A voice calls to me... It says, "Search for Paradise."
    Kiba - Wolf's Rain