test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Constant Server disconnects

Comments

• chronoss2012chronoss2012 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    disconnected now twice in last half a hour too....
    since new patch others are reporting issues too.
  • sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Well this is just downright aggravating.

I'm home alone on a Friday night and I can't even tag an Epohh.

I guess I'll read a book.
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • lored2deathlored2death Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I have had more dc's in 2 hours than I've had in 3 years.
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,429 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Glad I didn't jump over here when those problems started up on CO. Anybody hear anything about storms in northern California (Cryptic HQ), that maybe caused some interruptions or something?
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • commandermcdcommandermcd Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm having the same problems. Started up around midnight EST.
  • ursusmorologusursusmorologus Member Posts: 5,328 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    cleared up for me about 30 min ago
  • scornkorrenscornkorren Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Same issues here, thought it might be from my end, but ive been having problems all day, now I cant even get past the login screen. I hope somebody answers these with some sort of explination
  • rld2rld2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This game doesn't seem very stable- as far as the server connection is concerned.
  • psymantispsymantis Member Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    gfreeman98 wrote: »
    Actually I was partonizing grouchy. Get YOUR facts straight, mmmkay? ;)

Ah OK. My mistake. I've just had people treat me as being stupid in real life because I'm not very good at expressing myself verbally. It can be very frustrating. Apologies.
  • lonnehartlonnehart Member Posts: 846 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    After looking at this thread and checking my own connection I find that the roadblock is indeed at Cogentco. I wonder what's going on over there...
    *sings* "I like Gammera! He's so neat!!! He is full of turtle meat!!!"

"Hah! You are doomed! You're only armed with that pathetic excuse for a musical instrument!!!" *the Savage Beast moments before Lonnehart the Bard used music to soothe him... then beat him to death with his Fat Lute*
  • collegepark2151collegepark2151 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    lonnehart wrote: »
    After looking at this thread and checking my own connection I find that the roadblock is indeed at Cogentco. I wonder what's going on over there...

This. This is happening.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Porthos is not amused.
  • blastedbinaryblastedbinary Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Still having problems, 12 hours after the beginning of the lag and server disconnects I attempt to log back in and see if its gotten better and.....nope. I can log into one of my Federation characters and it seems that it runs ok but try and leave the map and switch to a different sector and its an immediate disconnect. With My KDF characters I can't even get past the log in screen.
  • quaenordequaenorde Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Posting on behalf of three of my fleetmates. One in Canada, one in LA and one in Europe. All having the same constant DC/time out on loading screen issues.
  • lordthrudlordthrud Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Hi all.

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing bad lag and multiple disconnects today?

cheers
    edited March 2013
    Aye unfortunately I am suffering from the same probs in the uk as well
  • taylor248taylor248 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Greetings,

Yes, approx 9 out of 10 tries I get disconnected logging into the character. On the odd occasion, I do get connected for 1 - 2 minutes, then get logged out. It has been going on for a few hours now.

PS: No other issues on my end with anything else.

Cheers
    edited March 2013
    Hiya and thanks.

There are some threads in the pc-tech issues section as well so others are experiencing the same issues.

Cheers
  • psikalpsikal Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Seems unplayable for me right now. I cannot get the patcher to start.

Had several disconnects last night as well.

Time Warner, Austin TX.

Edit: Things seem to have stabilized for me from Sunday late afternoon. I have seen no disconnects.
    I hope this is a permanent fix. Thanks to the hardwork of everyone involved if it is.
  • grouchyotakugrouchyotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    At least the issues seems to fixed for Northern California Comcast connections... Ran all my Alts through the Academy Lore Daily without any problems this morning...
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,818 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    This TRIBBLE still continues well into Saturday!

Very slor or not responding launcher.
    Map transfer server not responding and disconnects.
    Account server not responding to the point of disconnection.
    Loading character not responding and disconnects.

Let the list grow while the staff at Cryptic do squat about it!
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    No connection problems, although one of my foundry missions does not want to republish at the moment so server might be struggling.
  • bgadamz777bgadamz777 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    All the reasons as to why or what for are meaningless. Excuses well we all know they are in abundance in this situation. If what you do is provide a service that requres your customer to access it, to receive it. But low and behold, they cant. You as a company are the loser. You lose out on sales, you lose customers, and you lose face. It doesn't matter if you are voted the best in the world one day. Only to turn around and become the worst. when a company fails to hold up their end, then they have failed the customer and themselves. If same said company then presents feeble excuses, with no results. then they have lost credability. If said company has only an interest in the profits they can generate at the expense of product quality. then they are sad in a pathetic way
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yes, it's another connection fiasco involving cogentco. Cryptic's aware of it and are trying to resolve it. We just have to wait until then I suppose...
  • kelgarr1kelgarr1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Same issue here Austin TX.
    Issue was bad Friday, but last 3 hours I cant seem to get into any new map.
    connection is showing fine and when I ping STO servers, I am getting a response back.
  • quaenordequaenorde Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Tell me how someone else's router hardware affects Cryptic's server?

The connection from your house to Cryptic's servers doesn't go directly to Cryptic over Cryptic internet lines. It goes through existing connection companies, like Congentoco. If those companies have issues with their connections, their customers- in this case Cryptic itself- also have issues with their connections and so Cryptic's customers, us, get those issues as well.
  • jeffel82jeffel82 Member Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    v4liance wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

Really sorry about the latency and disconnect issues you're having. Right now, our engineers are aware that some of our players are experiencing these issues, and they're working on fixing it.

Again, I'm really sorry, and I promise we'll get this fixed as soon as possible.

- Val
    So far, I'm personally unaffected, but I hope it's resolved soon.
    You're right. The work here is very important.
    tacofangs wrote: »
    ...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The lag and disconnects have been going on with me also. Quite a bit for the last 2-3 days.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • flips7flips7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It may not go directly to Cryptic but it will go through servers supplied to them, I hope they get on the phone and get those providers to step up their game, I've been unable to zone in or out, can't switch characters, and this has been going on for two days straight. Tested internet connection and it's the quickest since I've got my service and other online games are playing very smoothly so I know that this is not a computer or local issue. I would include a traceroute or ping results but I do not know how to get that info. *crossing fingers this is resolved soon
  • flips7flips7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I am having the same issues today March 16th 2013

login server disconnect 208.95.184.192.7001

ok...in another attempt to be helpful to the server techs i accessed the server logs on my computer for STonline and this is what they read as (though i really have no clue as to what they can even possibly mean, or even if they can be used to diagnose my severely annoying dosconnect problems:

(all this from just a few attempts to get into the game)

120701 00:05:05 14 Client[0]: LoginServer link attempting connect: 208.95.184.43:7001
    120701 00:06:11 15 Client[0]: LoginServer link disconnected (208.95.184.43:7001). Reason: gclLoginFail(997:Unknown socket error) (socket error 997: Unknown socket error)
    120701 00:07:08 16 Client[0]: LoginServer link attempting connect: 208.95.184.192:7001
    120701 00:09:13 17 Client[0]: LoginServer link disconnected (208.95.184.192:7001). Reason: gclLoginFail(997:Unknown socket error) (socket error 997: Unknown socket error)
    120701 00:10:34 18 Client[0]: LoginServer link attempting connect: 208.95.184.42:7001
    120701 00:11:42 19 Client[0]: LoginServer link disconnected (208.95.184.42:7001). Reason: socket was shutdown(10054:Connection reset by remote host) (socket error 10054: Connection reset by remote host)
    120701 00:11:42 20 Client[0]: ChatRelay link disconnected (208.95.184.43:7409). Reason: gclChatConnect_Logout(997:Unknown socket error) (socket error 997: Unknown socket error)
    120701 00:26:08 21 Client[0]: LoginServer link attempting connect: 208.95.184.34:7001
    120701 00:26:20 22 Client[0]: LoginServer link disconnected (208.95.184.34:7001). Reason: socket was shutdown(10054:Connection reset by remote host) (socket error 10054: Connection reset by remote host)
    120701 00:26:20 23 Client[0]: ChatRelay link disconnected (208.95.184.43:7413). Reason: gclChatConnect_Logout(997:Unknown socket error) (socket error 997: Unknown socket error)

so my all burning question of the moment.....what is the unknown socket error?

update: after looking up online what an error 997, and an error 10054 is, and grabbing a free registry cleaner and optimizer, and purging my system of a lot of errors, and surfing at speeds i have not been able to for a long time, i have concluded that your network is offically borked.....remote peer server disconnects? sounds like some tech monkey flipped the wrong switch ot the office....i'm still disconnected, repeatedly and often, by your servers for some ungodly wholy unknown reason.....are you even going to attempt to fix this, or much less give us some explination as to why your remote host just doesn't like some of us at all? i've fixed all i can on my end and it's running smoothe here.....the problem is somewhere in your servers....
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    flips7 wrote: »
    I would include a traceroute or ping results but I do not know how to get that info.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=225155

This thread has instructions on how to run a traceroute and nettest.