What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Screenshot Available

Comments

• Options
    thefastone21thefastone21 Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Now, if they added the Daleks to sto... well.... I fore one would welcome our Dalek overlords.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'll say again:

Am I the only one who thought: ........

http://media.sfx.co.uk/files/2012/08/Doctor-Who-series-7-dalek-image.jpg

??? ;)

I dunno what to believe, the new JJ film is coming out in May and so this major update too. I wonder if they're connected or not - dismissing the whole contract thing between them, after all, they did with the 1st JJ Trek film to make that work.

Anyways, we'll find out sooner or later! Not long to go now!

I luv the way that pic shows all the different versions of Daleks through the many decades of the Doctor.
    Now, if they added the Daleks to sto... well.... I fore one would welcome our Dalek overlords.

I'd be 'welcomly' plotting behind their backs, to overthrow their sorry tin-can asses. :cool:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    raventomoeraventomoe Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    For those of you arguing for the older Romulan Empire model of a Faction...let me point out that they are setting them up to be the servants of the Iconians.

I for one would not want to serve the people trying to take me over.

So I am betting a Romulan Faction will involve New Romulus.

Another point...why can't there be both a new FE and a Romulan Faction in the same update?
    "The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
    Thus begins...Lyrical Trek
  • Options
    jtoon74jtoon74 Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited March 2013

Vote Dalek!!. Yay
  • Options
    enterprise629enterprise629 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    daveyny wrote: »
    I luv the way that pic shows all the different versions of Daleks through the many decades of the Doctor.

Thanks, I love it too, the episode was great and awesome, but the image isn't mine. It's created by the BBC for part 1 of series 7.

The screenshot from STO maybe is meant to be seen as an intertextual reference to Doctor Who's poster, or surely it was defiantly inspired by.

When I first saw the poster from STO, it imminently reminded me of DW's.

If you've actually seen the episode which the WHO poster is referencing, you'll know that the poster from DW was slightly misleading.

- SPOILER -

(Highlight to see):

Amy doesn't "fall". But it LOOKS like she did - looks like she died.

- END -

Maybe this upcoming season is going to feature time travel somewhere. They have mentioned similar things in podcast interviews etc about returning actors and actress, especially Denise Crosby.

Anyways, I think we should get back to the subject! This new screenshot! :P
  • Options
    dem613dem613 Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I hope it's a playable Romulan Faction
  • Options
    redshirtthefirstredshirtthefirst Member Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    dem613 wrote: »
    I hope it's a playable Romulan Faction

Wishes and horses...

People playing KDF still wish it was a "playable faction" :)
    Server not responding (1701 s)
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Wishes and horses...

People playing KDF still wish it was a "playable faction" :)

Although a lot of work, but, what if this update is for both?

But the main advertisement to gain people's attention about Romulus/Romulans.

3 years = 3 factions? ;) XD
  • Options
    tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,799 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm starting to wonder now.

A number of players have told me that this isn't an announcement about a new faction, but rather, the level cap raise to Fleet Admiral/Dahar Master.

While that's interesting, to me, it's hardly as fascinating as a new faction.

The last time there was a level cap raise, it was one new sector, 3 missions and a new group event (that was buggy to the point where it was unplayable!).
    And that was all.

I hope they do better next time.

However, to me, this looks like classic misdirection.
    Given the heavy Romulan theme of the announcements, why would you turn it around and make it about the Iconians?
    Even if they are linked due to the Sela abduction/Tal Shiar storyline, Romulans and Iconians are completely seperate matters.

If this was truly about the Iconians, I would have used pictures of gateways and the line about "air and darkness" which is the mythical interpretation of the Iconian's abilities.

As for the KDF, I'm so disinterested in their faction, I have no intention of making another character for them ever!
    I have one KDF, that's all I'll ever need.
    So, from my point of view, adding more content for KDF below the max rank means nothing, since I'm not going to play it anyway.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • Options
    robgomm2012robgomm2012 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'll say again:

Am I the only one who thought: ........

http://media.sfx.co.uk/files/2012/08/Doctor-Who-series-7-dalek-image.jpg

??? ;)

I dunno what to believe, the new JJ film is coming out in May and so this major update too. I wonder if they're connected or not - dismissing the whole contract thing between them, after all, they did with the 1st JJ Trek film to make that work.

Anyways, we'll find out sooner or later! Not long to go now!

That's what i wondered too about the JJ verse coming into it somehow to tie in with the new film, but everyone ignored me.
  • Options
    redshirtthefirstredshirtthefirst Member Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I do think this game will never cross with "JJ-verse" except for the events that did happen in prime universe. Although, it is only good marketing from Cryptic to ride the movie hype wave to launch this update...
    Server not responding (1701 s)
  • Options
    commanderlicommanderli Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    With another screenshot of upcoming content this May, the suspense is surely getting to me. I am definitely eager to learn what is in store for players this year.
  • Options
    xigbargxigbarg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Although a lot of work, but, what if this update is for both?

But the main advertisement to gain people's attention about Romulus/Romulans.

3 years = 3 factions? ;) XD

In that case, year four should be "Caitians: The Next Generation!" Just to spite all the Caitian haters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    xigbarg wrote: »
    In that case, year four should be "Caitians: The Next Generation!" Just to spite all the Caitian haters.

I'm fairly new, so, could you explain about this hate? XD I don't understand exactly.
  • Options
    dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    mastigator wrote: »
    I'm confused by people's disdain for that homepage Vulcan. I think she is a pretty reasonable representation of most players' female characters I see strutting around in the game.
    Must be something in the water in the 25th century.

My problem with her isn't as much the "body slider(s)" (chest slider maxxed, borderline ideal measurements, etc.), but the portrayal.

1. Open shirt on a Vulcan. Not many do so, in the fleet at least.

2. Tripping/lunging/whatever in the primary shot of her in action. Seemingly done purely to "show off" what the shirt is allowing the viewer to see.

3. Looking at the viewer while aiming a shot way off picture. Weapons dicipline, people.

4. The fact that it's very windy on this planet, and her hairstyle was designed to blow "just that way" in said wind.

etc. etc.

Highlighted by using her "assets" as an "arrow" to the download button.

Sexy people doing "regular" things, OK. Sexy people shoehorned into a sexier position just because it's "cool" to do so - not so much.

As I mentioned in the thread about her appearance, standing her up - so that the cleavage shot isn't highly conspicuous, and having her look at her target instead of the viewer with an actual serious look on her face, and bingo, 90% of the problem gone. Give her the "standard" closed uniform top, and shut off the wind fan, I'd be hard pressed to have any complaint, as I'm being "conservative but reasonable"...

Handsome phaser guy was like that. Designed to draw in the ladies through his "hunkiness" but at the same time put in a "legitimate" pose. How would we feel if HPG had just as much shirt as Kirk did after one of his classic "grinders" that wound up highlighting his well-toned physique? To me, what they did with Vulcan Phaser Lady is on that level...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • Options
    uberadiant88uberadiant88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    That picture reminds me of Nero. He did say his wife was killed when Romulus went boom. Although if I remember correctly the planet went whoosh-kapow pretty quickly in the film so there would be no time for him to collect her body. Probably unrelated, but still...
  • Options
    robgomm2012robgomm2012 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    What if nero didn't die at the end of the 2009 film but reermerged through the black hole back in the prime universe somehow? Although that guy looks nothing like the solhoete of nero as he doesn't have pointy ears and has hair.
  • Options
    uberadiant88uberadiant88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    What if nero didn't die at the end of the 2009 film but reermerged through the black hole back in the prime universe somehow? Although that guy looks nothing like the solhoete of nero as he doesn't have pointy ears and has hair.

The hair thing isn't really an issue, I think that the Countdown comics showed that Nero's crew shaved off their hair and painted tattoos because of some mourning ritual or something. But yeah, no pointy ears is a deal breaker :P
  • Options
    tebsutebsu Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i wouldnt call that a screenshot - more like a photoshop
    What ? Calaway.
  • Options
    lake1771lake1771 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i want to fly spocks super fast sci ship from the future, er, past, er.. uh, . yea.

and isn't anyone getting stupid sick of the color green?
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    lake1771 wrote: »
    i want to fly spocks super fast sci ship from the future, er, past, er.. uh, . yea.

and isn't anyone getting stupid sick of the color green?

Considering it's from Star Trek "canon prime universe", I don't see why we can't, but it is part of JJ's story. I'm no expect on all these contract stuff, so I don't know.

It would be very cool though.
  • Options
    hatepwehatepwe Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Maybe someone already answered this but is the artist the same person who does the art for Champions? The style looks the same. Whats his name? He's good.
    Considering it's from Star Trek "canon prime universe", I don't see why we can't, but it is part of JJ's story. I'm no expect on all these contract stuff, so I don't know.

It would be very cool though.

Well keep in mind the Countdown comics from the first movie showed our default Federation uniforms as the actual uniform for that time period. It's safe to assume that if they wanted to they could probably make the Jellyfish a sweet Sci shuttle. Problem being, without shuttle races/events outside the Vault there's no reason to have more shuttles.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tovalmorgantovalmorgan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    isnt a SCREENSHOT supposed to be something from in the game?
    "We are the Perfect World. Life as you know it is over. We will add your monetary distinctiveness to our own. Your player base will adapt to service us. Resistance is Futile."
  • Options
    asterxiphosasterxiphos Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Will there be a hi-res wallpaperable version of the image forthcoming?
  • Options
    nikdangernikdanger Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm going to go far, far out on a limb here:

1. That's Phaser Lady being carried out by Phaser Guy.
    2. The countdown is leading towards a featured episode that paves the way for a Romulan faction in May.

Heck, I'm not only on a limb, I'm on the tiny branches.

:eek:

Nick Danger, Intergalactic Hero
    Saving the Galaxy since 2002
  • Options
    valis67valis67 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    all will fall?
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    valis67 wrote: »
    all will fall?

You shall not pass.
  • Options
    xigbargxigbarg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm fairly new, so, could you explain about this hate? XD I don't understand exactly.

Wasn't here for the great debate but from what I gathered, it took a while to get the Caitian race in the game. Whenever we ask for a new none human race, dem anthropocentrists keep bashing at the tower walls.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    xigbarg wrote: »
    Wasn't here for the great debate but from what I gathered, it took a while to get the Caitian race in the game. Whenever we ask for a new none human race, dem anthropocentrists keep bashing at the tower walls.

That wasn't because of a desire to keep them out; it was because making them not look stupid takes a lot more work than just adding bumpy foreheads and noses to humans.

Whether or not they succeeded of course is a matter for individual taste, although it appears a lot of people are fairly happy with them. I personally think they did a good job, on both the Caitians and the Kzin--, er, I mean the Ferasans. ;)
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    That wasn't because of a desire to keep them out; it was because making them not look stupid takes a lot more work than just adding bumpy foreheads and noses to humans.

Whether or not they succeeded of course is a matter for individual taste, although it appears a lot of people are fairly happy with them. I personally think they did a good job, on both the Caitians and the Kzin--, er, I mean the Ferasans. ;)

I'd say they did a pretty good job making the cat species. They don't look stupid or out of place at all, and especially the way that the male Caitian was made to look is pretty cool.
    HQroeLu.jpg