test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Screenshot Available

Comments

• xigbargxigbarg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Although a lot of work, but, what if this update is for both?

But the main advertisement to gain people's attention about Romulus/Romulans.

3 years = 3 factions? ;) XD

In that case, year four should be "Caitians: The Next Generation!" Just to spite all the Caitian haters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • enterprise629enterprise629 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    xigbarg wrote: »
    In that case, year four should be "Caitians: The Next Generation!" Just to spite all the Caitian haters.

I'm fairly new, so, could you explain about this hate? XD I don't understand exactly.
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    mastigator wrote: »
    I'm confused by people's disdain for that homepage Vulcan. I think she is a pretty reasonable representation of most players' female characters I see strutting around in the game.
    Must be something in the water in the 25th century.

My problem with her isn't as much the "body slider(s)" (chest slider maxxed, borderline ideal measurements, etc.), but the portrayal.

1. Open shirt on a Vulcan. Not many do so, in the fleet at least.

2. Tripping/lunging/whatever in the primary shot of her in action. Seemingly done purely to "show off" what the shirt is allowing the viewer to see.

3. Looking at the viewer while aiming a shot way off picture. Weapons dicipline, people.

4. The fact that it's very windy on this planet, and her hairstyle was designed to blow "just that way" in said wind.

etc. etc.

Highlighted by using her "assets" as an "arrow" to the download button.

Sexy people doing "regular" things, OK. Sexy people shoehorned into a sexier position just because it's "cool" to do so - not so much.

As I mentioned in the thread about her appearance, standing her up - so that the cleavage shot isn't highly conspicuous, and having her look at her target instead of the viewer with an actual serious look on her face, and bingo, 90% of the problem gone. Give her the "standard" closed uniform top, and shut off the wind fan, I'd be hard pressed to have any complaint, as I'm being "conservative but reasonable"...

Handsome phaser guy was like that. Designed to draw in the ladies through his "hunkiness" but at the same time put in a "legitimate" pose. How would we feel if HPG had just as much shirt as Kirk did after one of his classic "grinders" that wound up highlighting his well-toned physique? To me, what they did with Vulcan Phaser Lady is on that level...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • uberadiant88uberadiant88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    That picture reminds me of Nero. He did say his wife was killed when Romulus went boom. Although if I remember correctly the planet went whoosh-kapow pretty quickly in the film so there would be no time for him to collect her body. Probably unrelated, but still...
  • robgomm2012robgomm2012 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    What if nero didn't die at the end of the 2009 film but reermerged through the black hole back in the prime universe somehow? Although that guy looks nothing like the solhoete of nero as he doesn't have pointy ears and has hair.
  • uberadiant88uberadiant88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    What if nero didn't die at the end of the 2009 film but reermerged through the black hole back in the prime universe somehow? Although that guy looks nothing like the solhoete of nero as he doesn't have pointy ears and has hair.

The hair thing isn't really an issue, I think that the Countdown comics showed that Nero's crew shaved off their hair and painted tattoos because of some mourning ritual or something. But yeah, no pointy ears is a deal breaker :P
  • tebsutebsu Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i wouldnt call that a screenshot - more like a photoshop
    What ? Calaway.
  • lake1771lake1771 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    i want to fly spocks super fast sci ship from the future, er, past, er.. uh, . yea.

and isn't anyone getting stupid sick of the color green?
  • enterprise629enterprise629 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    lake1771 wrote: »
    i want to fly spocks super fast sci ship from the future, er, past, er.. uh, . yea.

and isn't anyone getting stupid sick of the color green?

Considering it's from Star Trek "canon prime universe", I don't see why we can't, but it is part of JJ's story. I'm no expect on all these contract stuff, so I don't know.

It would be very cool though.
  • hatepwehatepwe Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Maybe someone already answered this but is the artist the same person who does the art for Champions? The style looks the same. Whats his name? He's good.
    Considering it's from Star Trek "canon prime universe", I don't see why we can't, but it is part of JJ's story. I'm no expect on all these contract stuff, so I don't know.

It would be very cool though.

Well keep in mind the Countdown comics from the first movie showed our default Federation uniforms as the actual uniform for that time period. It's safe to assume that if they wanted to they could probably make the Jellyfish a sweet Sci shuttle. Problem being, without shuttle races/events outside the Vault there's no reason to have more shuttles.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tovalmorgantovalmorgan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    isnt a SCREENSHOT supposed to be something from in the game?
    "We are the Perfect World. Life as you know it is over. We will add your monetary distinctiveness to our own. Your player base will adapt to service us. Resistance is Futile."
  • asterxiphosasterxiphos Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Will there be a hi-res wallpaperable version of the image forthcoming?
  • nikdangernikdanger Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm going to go far, far out on a limb here:

1. That's Phaser Lady being carried out by Phaser Guy.
    2. The countdown is leading towards a featured episode that paves the way for a Romulan faction in May.

Heck, I'm not only on a limb, I'm on the tiny branches.

:eek:

Nick Danger, Intergalactic Hero
    Saving the Galaxy since 2002
  • valis67valis67 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    all will fall?
  • centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    valis67 wrote: »
    all will fall?

You shall not pass.
  • xigbargxigbarg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I'm fairly new, so, could you explain about this hate? XD I don't understand exactly.

Wasn't here for the great debate but from what I gathered, it took a while to get the Caitian race in the game. Whenever we ask for a new none human race, dem anthropocentrists keep bashing at the tower walls.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    xigbarg wrote: »
    Wasn't here for the great debate but from what I gathered, it took a while to get the Caitian race in the game. Whenever we ask for a new none human race, dem anthropocentrists keep bashing at the tower walls.

That wasn't because of a desire to keep them out; it was because making them not look stupid takes a lot more work than just adding bumpy foreheads and noses to humans.

Whether or not they succeeded of course is a matter for individual taste, although it appears a lot of people are fairly happy with them. I personally think they did a good job, on both the Caitians and the Kzin--, er, I mean the Ferasans. ;)
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    syberghost wrote: »
    That wasn't because of a desire to keep them out; it was because making them not look stupid takes a lot more work than just adding bumpy foreheads and noses to humans.

Whether or not they succeeded of course is a matter for individual taste, although it appears a lot of people are fairly happy with them. I personally think they did a good job, on both the Caitians and the Kzin--, er, I mean the Ferasans. ;)

I'd say they did a pretty good job making the cat species. They don't look stupid or out of place at all, and especially the way that the male Caitian was made to look is pretty cool.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • joshl7889joshl7889 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Khitomer!!!! thats khitomer i would bet ya.
    *Me*Why don't you just step away from the weapons console. You and I both know that you couldn't hit that cube, even if it was right in front of us.
    *Junior Tactical Officer* But sir the cube IS right in front of us.
    *Me* EXACTLY! Its right in front of us and you still missed it! Just step away from the console.
  • h3llr4is3rh3llr4is3r Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Mmm...am I the only one that sees webbed fingers (and only three of them) on the "woman's" hand? (what we assume is a woman, by the shape of the legs and the long hair).

Wonder she's meant to be some aquatic speciec, which would also explain the lack of clothes/shoes, or just a case of an artist with big issues when it comes to draw hands!
  • carpfishercarpfisher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Was the shape of the fire intended to suggest a green phoenix rising?
  • dom1941dom1941 Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    "Oh it may look like Vulcan phaser women but looks can be deciveing"- Your friends, The Undine:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jake477jake477 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The guy looks like a Starfleet officer no? The uniform looks like it has "Panels and Pockets" and a Loose Knee High style, classic Federation or KDF STO so the guy is the player IMHO.

The lady i believe is Sela. The former Romulan Empress was kidnapped a long time ago and been MIA ever since. During that time, the Dominoun Returned, the Tholains are on the rise, the Terrans are stepping up their game. So that long hair is plausible since we haven't seen her in awhile.

This looks like a PvE Featured Series to me. A rescue op if you will.

Or its a blatent rip off of a Batman Begins wallpaper.

Either way its spooky.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    So someone picked the Green ending for STO...great now we are all borg. :(
    GwaoHAD.png
  • snakeswar2snakeswar2 Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    wouldnt be suprised iif this coming screenshot is another pic with a different saying similar to this one and the 2 may pics before it