Install Arc
Options

STO Gateway: Bugs and Technical Issue

Comments

• Options
    bottle0rumbottle0rum Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    r5e4w3q2 wrote: »
    Any fixes/workarounds for a "loading timeout" error with Windows7/IE9?

After entering my log-in info, it says it is loading for a bit, then gives a loading timeout error.
    If I click the link on the page, nothing happens.
    If I refresh the page like it suggests, I get an "Incorrect one-time code" message.
    If I hit the back button, I can see the account guard page, but it is greyed out with the "Incorrect one-time code" message.

Clicking close on the incorrect code message kicks me back to the log-in rather then the account guard page. I tried turning off/down all the security options in IE I could find with no luck. I hope that once I get past this account guard thing the rest of the page will work but I have run out of ideas on how to do that.

I have the same issue, Windows 7, running Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421.
  • Options
    sander233sander233 Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    bottle0rum wrote: »
    I have the same issue, Windows 7, running Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421.

Same here. Also can't log in from my Windows phone. Firefox works, however.
    16d89073-5444-45ad-9053-45434ac9498f.png~original

...Oh, baby, you know, I've really got to leave you / Oh, I can hear it callin 'me / I said don't you hear it callin' me the way it used to do?...
    - Anne Bredon
  • Options
    mjaymor78mjaymor78 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    When trying to log into gateway I keep getting the following error.
    Cryptic wrote:
    You have Encountered an Error Loading timeout

The resource you requested wasn't received in a reasonable time. You can refresh the page and try again.

Cryptic sends me a code to input, but there is no where to input it and by the time I get the code (Which is in a few seconds) gateway times out.

It times out, but eventually decides to load asking for the code, I input the code and can finally log in, and few second it auto logs me out.

Please help
  • Options
    sistericsisteric Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So my iPhone can get to my character list but then can't open any characters. Times out. I am using the iPhone 4 with the 6.1.2 IOS and using Safari.

On my PC, Using Win 7 Enterprise 64 Bit, and IE 9, I got to the character list once and then it logged me out and won't let me log back in.

This does work on Chrome on the same PC as above.
    Federation: Fleet Admiral Zombee (Alien Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Danic (Vulcan Science)::Fleet Admiral Daniel Kochheiser (Human Engineer)
    KDF: Dahar Master Kan (Borg Klingon Tactical)::Dahar Master Torc (Alien Science)::Dahar Master Sisteric (Gorn Engineer)
    RR-Fed: Citizen Sirroc (Romulan Science)::Fleet Admiral Grell (Alien Engineer)
    RR-KDF: Fleet Admiral Zemo (Reman Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Xinatek (Reman Science)::Fleet Admiral Bel (Alien Engineer)
    TOS-Fed: Fleet Admiral Katem (Andorian Tactical)::Lieutenant Commander Straad (Vulcan Engineer)
    Dom-Fed: Dan'Tar (Jem'Hadar Science)
    Dom-KDF: Kamtana'Solan (Jem'Hadar Science)

CoHost of Tribbles in Ecstasy (Zombee)
  • Options
    sistericsisteric Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    So today, after the gateway maintenance, I can't look at my characters. Chrome and the iPhone can get to the character selection screen but times out when ypou select a character. IE9 saddly still can't log in.
    Federation: Fleet Admiral Zombee (Alien Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Danic (Vulcan Science)::Fleet Admiral Daniel Kochheiser (Human Engineer)
    KDF: Dahar Master Kan (Borg Klingon Tactical)::Dahar Master Torc (Alien Science)::Dahar Master Sisteric (Gorn Engineer)
    RR-Fed: Citizen Sirroc (Romulan Science)::Fleet Admiral Grell (Alien Engineer)
    RR-KDF: Fleet Admiral Zemo (Reman Tactical)::Fleet Admiral Xinatek (Reman Science)::Fleet Admiral Bel (Alien Engineer)
    TOS-Fed: Fleet Admiral Katem (Andorian Tactical)::Lieutenant Commander Straad (Vulcan Engineer)
    Dom-Fed: Dan'Tar (Jem'Hadar Science)
    Dom-KDF: Kamtana'Solan (Jem'Hadar Science)

CoHost of Tribbles in Ecstasy (Zombee)
  • Options
    mjaymor78mjaymor78 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Talked to a lot of my fleetmates last night and not one of them (15-20 people) could access gateway. Some tried over and over again, some tried once and gave up, but no one could access it at all.

Why create a system where little to no one can access the system. I would love to access the system, but Cryptic won't let me. Can you guys please fix this? Takes about 5 minutes to log in and 5 secs after I log in correctly I am kicked. If you guys want this system to work maybe its time to fix it so people can use it.
  • Options
    kiriseekirisee Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hi Branflakes,

Think i just spotted a bug when trying to use the Gateway.

When trying to access the Gateway from say a work computer or from a friends house that you don't have mail access from, you can't get the one time code and input it to use the Gateway. It seems it puts out a new code everytime you try to log in, which makes it impossible to use if you have say a cable internet ISP email provider and not something like gmail or yahoo mail.

Would love to use this, but can't....sad sad sad
    "If everyone used Macs, we'd be working on how to get to Alpha Centauri rather than how to get to Mars."
  • Options
    sparm92sparm92 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    well it would seem we have a problem. Authentication server cant even be reach.
  • Options
    tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Every time I log in, I get an error message telling me to reload the character select screen, then it works (more or less) as before. Going to the fleet window can still be picky too.

On the bright side, it used to be if I looked at two fleetmate bios in a row without going back to my own character it bounced me every time. And that's gone away.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • Options
    bottle0rumbottle0rum Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Gateway is still not working after upgrading to Internet Explorer 10. I'm running Windows 7.
  • Options
    bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Ok so I got a message while on holodeck today telling me about a new feature on the gateway that is being tested being able to contribute to the fleet while on the gateway awesome idea

here are some issues I had while doing this though I could contribute to one part of a project but if I contributed to another in the same project nothing happen in fact the popup for that was just black I would have to refresh the screen then go back to that project and then add to to what I was trying too

the browser I am running this on is firefox as I do not like IE and I rarely use chrome unless I have too

if this feature works out I hope that it goes to DOffs and the reputation system as well
    keep up the good work

BlkBugHunter
  • Options
    crypticpozcrypticpoz Cryptic Developers Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    iPhone Problems with Account Guarded accounts

We have confirmed what the problem is for many iPhone users who get stuck in an Account Guard. When you try to log in to Gateway, you are requested for a code that is sent via email. When you switch from the Gateway page to read the email on the iPhone, the iPhone basically shuts down Safari and it looks to us like you've closed your session. We then invalidate your session and account guard code. Then when you switch back to Gateway, we start a new session.

A workaround is to use a different device to read your email and get the code.

We are working on a solution to this problem.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Issue updates:
    • Fleet pages updating and losing filters and so on: We are working on a fix.
    • Fleet roster is not sorted: How would you like it sorted? Name? Last time on?
    • Comments column gets pushed off: We'll look into this.
    • Hull and crew being wrong: We're looking into this.
    • Hiding guild members: Non-guild members can only see those who can invite them into the Guild. Everyone else is already hidden.
    • Regular dates instead of stardates: We'll put it on the wishlist.
    • Timeouts: These should be improved in last Thursday's push. Not solved, but improved.
    • Inactive officer stations: I believe that this has been fixed. If it's not at the moment, I think it will be on Thursday's update.
    • IE10: Should work on Thursday.
  • Options
    sulfrustriplesulfrustriple Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    crypticpoz wrote: »
    Issue updates:
    • Fleet roster is not sorted: How would you like it sorted? Name? Last time on?

As far as sorting, I would love to be able to sort by the @handle. Many fleet members have multiple alts and being able to group them would make reviewing contributions much easier.

Last time on would also be outstanding, since the data is there if you hover.
  • Options
    swatopswatop Member Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    further suggestion:
    1. add a way to see the users fleet contribution (maybe to the member comments - > just like ingame)
    2. any way to display the shuttle and its stats?

sorting the roster by name would be best as standard view
  • Options
    pointedearspointedears Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    why is it whenever I try and use the gateway it just times out ? I didn't even think it was working, and when I say timeout I mean I login, nothing happens, then it just says timeout :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    pointedearspointedears Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    to be more precise :

You have Encountered an Error

Loading timeout

The resource you requested wasn't received in a reasonable time. You can refresh the page and try again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    docboudreauxdocboudreaux Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I keep getting a display bug for two of my characters on the officer station screen. On once character it shows one BOFF listed twice (here) and on the othere it is not showing any of the BOFFs stations.

Other than that I am loving the Gateway and can't wait to see what you do next! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Regarding the added fleet functions, i noticed most of the provisions list is cropped. I can only see the military and engineering provisions.

Regarding other issues:

- on the officer stations tab on KDF toons, all Boffs have sci icons.
    - throughout the gateway, the order of boff abilities is "Lt.Comm., Lt., Ens. and Comm." instead of a more logical "Ens. --> Comm." or at least "Comm. --> Ens.".

EDIT: Oh, and apparently when coming to the provision tab from the embassy, the list of available provisions (or at least the part of it that isn't cropped) is blank.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    [UDPATE - I jumped the gun on this. The plan is for these changes to go to Tribble today and the live shard next Thursday.]

[Next week's] Star Trek update includes many updates to Gateway (which many of you have been checking out on Tribble -- Thank You!)

A major change is that we found a bug that kept many Internet Explorer users from being able to connect to Gateway. You would be able to log in, but would then get a timeout message. We believe that we have squashed that particular bug.

This update fixes many of the bugs that have been reported in addition, there is now support for contributing to fleet projects via Gateway. Here are some brief notes on this feature:
    • If you're in a fleet, you should be able to get to your fleet?s holdings page from the Fleet front page. Note that you have to access the fleet page from the character that you wish to contribute from. If you examine another character (say by clicking on their name in the roster) you will need to switch back to one of your characters. Do that by clicking "Change Character" at the top of the screen.
    • When you enter the holdings page you should see your current tier progress. Clicking on a tier should give you information on that tier.
    • Clicking on a project will show you the donation buckets and the progress of each bucket. If you have donation privileges (by default, anyone over a recruit should have donation privileges) you should be allowed to contribute just like you would in game.
    • If you are allowed to manage fleet holdings, you should be able to see what project is coming up next.
    • Each Holding should have it a Provisions page and a Leaderboard page which function much as they do in-game.

Known issues:
    • Currently donating Duty Officers and certain other items is disabled.
    • You cannot slot new projects from Gateway.
    • The donation slider displays incorrect values for certain items.
    • You can select project slots that are marked ?Not Available? ? however they just show blank boxes
    • Note that you have to access the fleet page from the character that you wish to contribute from. If you examine another character (say by clicking on their name in the roster) you will need to switch back to one of your characters. Do that by clicking "Change Character" at the top of the screen. We expect to make this less cumbersome in the future.
  • Options
    felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    The first few times I click on accolades (any of them) the pop up info window doesn't fully load. The text and the top LCARS bar do, but the background doesn't, so it looks terrible with text on top of the accolades page. After a few accolades, it works fine (so I don't have a screenshot right now).

Edit: I can't see my fleet's holdings. I can see myself on the roster, so I know I can donate. Is the button worded oddly, or does it say "Holdings"? Because I just see Roster, Events, Logs, and Info on the sidebar.
  • Options
    swatopswatop Member Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I can only confirm this, there is no access to the fleet holdings.
    No button, no link... nothing that refers to it.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    swatop wrote: »
    I can only confirm this, there is no access to the fleet holdings.
    No button, no link... nothing that refers to it.

I jumped the gun on this. The plan is for these changes to go to Tribble today and the live shard next Thursday.
  • Options
    rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I just logged into Gateway on my Nexus 7 tablet, using both Firefox and Chrome, and do not see the expanded Fleet options.

On the Fleet page, I see entries for Roster, Events, Logs, and Info.

When I tap on info, it brings me to the Info page, but it doesn't have anything about Fleet holdings.

Thanks.. :D
  • Options
    kineticimpulserkineticimpulser Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I can't find my fleet's starbase data either...
  • Options
    tsurutafan01tsurutafan01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I couldn't see the holdings tab on mine either. But when I went into another menu (like Fleet Info), then clicked the button to go back to the main fleet page, I could see it.

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
  • Options
    josephdridgewayjosephdridgeway Member Posts: 517 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    rifter1969 wrote: »
    I just logged into Gateway on my Nexus 7 tablet, using both Firefox and Chrome, and do not see the expanded Fleet options.

On the Fleet page, I see entries for Roster, Events, Logs, and Info.

When I tap on info, it brings me to the Info page, but it doesn't have anything about Fleet holdings.

Thanks.. :D

Same here. Using the default browser on my Droid Razr, version #: 4.0.4
    Fleet Admiral Joseph D. Ridgeway
    The Armada
    Original join date: Feb 5, 2010
    Twitter: @davejl_99, & @STO_BBArmada
  • Options
    aquinosaquinos Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I can donate items to my starbase on a desktop browser, but it doesn't appear to be accessible from mobile devices. I logged in from my iPhone; I could see fleet info, but not projects and so forth. Can you have a link to look at the full version for mobile devices or implement the desktop functionality for mobiles?
This discussion has been closed.