Options

Steamrunner problems.

12346»

Comments

• Options
    warpedcorewarpedcore Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ssargon wrote: »
    I'm using a single beam array in my experimental build precisely because a BA in slot 4 has that hardpoint. Even better is that "fore BA slot 4 dorsal" is at a very central part of the forward saucer. [/BA symmetry analist]

What build is that, if I might ask?
  • Options
    stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    A little late, but HOORAY! Thank you Cryptic for the choice between the skinny impulse engines and the saucer-mounted engines.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • Options
    kirahitomikirahitomi Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I don't think this thread is over yet, we still don't have the registry lighting. :D So in that respect on to the next project, registry lighting, we need it, hell make it specific to the "Type 2" if nothing else.
    "Lets see what this button does..."
  • Options
    resolutevoiceresolutevoice Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Not sure if it has been mentioned, but there is also a disk on top of the deflector pod that is offset to one side and looks like it should be central. Just looks a bit odd!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    xigbargxigbarg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Same. It looks odd but at the same time, made sense. Its pretty cool. I also imagined everyone at a meeting board with our avatars over our heads to discuss registry lights.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Yeah thats basically what we're doing lol.

As for the "disk" on top of the deflector assembly I believe that would more then likely be the top of the warp core and where it would eject from the ship.
  • Options
    ssargonssargon Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    warpedcore wrote: »
    What build is that, if I might ask?

A dual aux2bat artillery build that branched off of my old tric bomber. I've never gotten around to actually testing it because the toon's a sci and I'm trying to get around to pestering my fleeties to train a THY3 and TS3. But essentially I load it up with torps and a Romulan beam fore and a cutting beam aft and fire streams of either Romulan, Tric or Photon torps, depending on cooldowns.

And re: the disc, it seems to simply be a phaser array to me. Even has what looks like those red warning decals around it. It's coded as one, anyway, just iirc it's not used since it seems to be set to slot 4.
  • Options
    xigbargxigbarg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    kirahitomi wrote: »
    Yeah thats basically what we're doing lol.

As for the "disk" on top of the deflector assembly I believe that would more then likely be the top of the warp core and where it would eject from the ship.

Visual representation.

STOforums_zps94a19330.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    LOL Actually laughed at this! Well done!

Also, I like how you left the calender in the back with nothing on it. Thumbsup.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • Options
    warpedcorewarpedcore Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited February 2013
  • Options
    amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Not sure if it has been mentioned, but there is also a disk on top of the deflector pod that is offset to one side and looks like it should be central. Just looks a bit odd!

At first I thought it was something added, but it's there on the original CGI model from First Contact.
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"
  • Options
    arvistaljikarvistaljik Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    amosov78 wrote: »
    At first I thought it was something added, but it's there on the original CGI model from First Contact.

If you have turrets on the aft of the ship, they will occasionally fire from that disc on the deflector pod.
  • Options
    cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited February 2013
  • Options
    andyslashandyslash Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    lol that picture is pretty funny, but im not for the registry lights. mines for the ship having no blinkers. Ie the blinking lights on the bridge, nacelles and under the saucer.
  • Options
    aayorkriteaayorkrite Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Gotta say, I'm loving the Steamrunnner, Especially with the new impulse engine location. I've been waiting to use this ship in STO since I preordered the collector's edition at Gamestop years ago. Awesome job.
  • Options
    sway82sway82 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    With the awesome change to the impulse engines i started to use the Steamrunner finally. But i would also love to see registry lights added for the registry on top of the saucer. In my opinion it's now one of the most detailed and best looking canon models. Very good job.

Can't wait for an overhaul of the Galaxy / Nebula and Negh'var models. ;)
  • Options
    arvistaljikarvistaljik Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Has anyone noticed that the Steamrunner is missing the triangular hull pattern sections on the top of the forward hull? These should be similar in appearance to the triangular hull pattern sections on the Sovereign class and ARE visible on the studio CG model of the Steamrunner.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Not to bring up old topics or anything but I'm hoping that maybe with the coming of the new expansion we might see some new updates to current ship models and little things added here and there (like REGISTRY LIGHTING on the STEAMRUNNER). :D :P
  • Options
    amosov78amosov78 Member Posts: 1,495 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Put those Romulan refugees to work! Send 'em out and change my ship's faulty light bulb! :D
    U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-71895 - Nebula-class
    Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
    Dedication Plaque: "Nil Intentatum Reliquit"