xigbargxigbarg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm guilty of liking where they are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kirahitomikirahitomi Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    cidstorm wrote: »
    Now that you kind of mentioned it, I don't think anyone has said they actually like the new impulse engine placement.

And thats part of the problem, I'd say most don't like there current location especially those that are familiar with or fans of the Steamrunner.

Thats what we have been advocating here, impulse engines on the back of the saucer section that will give her a "Trek" feel if nothing else (ignoring all other arguments which also support that they should be on the saucer section) and registry lighting that all other Federation starships have.
    "Lets see what this button does..."
  • Options
    cidstormcidstorm Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    xigbarg wrote: »
    I'm guilty of liking where they are.

My bad, trek on friend.
  • Options
    stardestroyer001stardestroyer001 Member Posts: 2,615 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    kirahitomi wrote: »
    And thats part of the problem, I'd say most don't like there current location especially those that are familiar with or fans of the Steamrunner.

Thats what we have been advocating here, impulse engines on the back of the saucer section that will give her a "Trek" feel if nothing else (ignoring all other arguments which also support that they should be on the saucer section) and registry lighting that all other Federation starships have.

Exactly. Let's hope the Devs pay attention to this... but if my thread is any indication, that will be a long ways away.
    stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
    Missing the good ol' days of PvP: Legacy of Romulus to Season 9
    My List of Useful Links, Recently Updated November 25 2017!
  • Options
    dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Players with either tier Steamrunner will now have an additional variant to choose from in the tailor.

what does it mean??? :eek:
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    OMG OMG OMG, please tell me this is real and not some sick joke. Where did you guys find this? Holy frakk I just got goosebumps!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    :eek: *Heads to Tribble*
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    BASED JAMJAMZ COMES THROUGH!
    Its on Tribble, there is a Hull "Type 2" option on advance customization (were hull patterns are).

By the hull patterns section, do you mean the 'vinyl' like stickers/patterns or just just the hull configuration?
  • Options
    mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    BASED JAMJAMZ COMES THROUGH!

By the hull patterns section, do you mean the 'vinyl' like stickers/patterns or just just the hull configuration?

It's the hull configuration, same as if you were altering a Galaxy-X into a Venture-X. The reference to "where the hull patterns are" is just saying that it's in the same Advanced section of the menu... for some reason it doesn't let you switch to Type 2 from the basic part.
  • Options
    xigbargxigbarg Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Gratz to you doods. Can't wait the new models flying in sector space.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    It's the hull configuration, same as if you were altering a Galaxy-X into a Venture-X. The reference to "where the hull patterns are" is just saying that it's in the same Advanced section of the menu... for some reason it doesn't let you switch to Type 2 from the basic part.

Thanks! :D
    Thats great news, is it the only change?
  • Options
    dalnar83dalnar83 Member Posts: 2,420 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Really lovely. Many thanks. Now..fix the Galaxy, and I will take all the ugly words I have said about the Art in this section :P
    "Cryptic Studio’s Jack Emmert (2010): Microtransactions are the biggest bunch of nonsense. I like paying one fee and not worrying about it – like my cellphone. The world’s biggest MMO isn’t item based, even though the black market item GDP is bigger than Russia … microtransactions make me want to die.”
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    If this can be confirmed, then Thank You Cryptic, for listening to us. :D

Now, about the Galaxy/Sovereign classes....
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=520631
  • Options
    scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I can indeed confirm this is now on Tribble.

Under advanced options in the tailor.

Type 1

Type 2
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Love the changes on Tribble. Thanks for listening to us, Cryptic. :)
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    fairbeard1fairbeard1 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Wow it looks great. Thank you JamJamz!

Thank you OP for bringing it up and everyone else that made a convincing argument or just posted support for the change.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Ok wow, I just spent the last 10hrs+ on tribble marveling at the beauty of her now that we have this option, still no registry lighting though.

Hey JamJamz hands down frakking awesome! :cool: :D

Question though, would it be possible to add an option for registry lighting or fix it so the Type 2 option has the lighting? I know I'm probably pushing my luck here, and then theirs the whole beggars can't be choosers thing, but thought I would throw the question out there.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    scififan78 wrote: »
    I can indeed confirm this is now on Tribble.

Under advanced options in the tailor.

Type 1

Type 2

Thats a great angle for the shots, thanks a ton.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Amazing.

For some reason I can't claim the bundle in Tribble since it doesn't even show up as an option in the ZEN Store - thanks for the confirmation. Can't wait until the Thursday patch day.
  • Options
    scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Amazing.

For some reason I can't claim the bundle in Tribble since it doesn't even show up as an option in the ZEN Store - thanks for the confirmation. Can't wait until the Thursday patch day.

Yeah, I had to transfer a character that had one
  • Options
    mandoknight89mandoknight89 Member Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Thanks! :D
    Thats great news, is it the only change?

Only one that I noticed. But then, I don't have half the eye for model errors that some posters do.
  • Options
    andyslashandyslash Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Thanks cryptic for making this ship better! now for that Galaxy-X...
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Btw if you equip beam array front, the ventral point comes from the aft deflector. Kinda feels odd, one would expect it to come from the bottom of the saucer. I guess noone noticed it, because noone (except me) uses beam array on steamrunner ;)
    "Cryptic Studio’s Jack Emmert (2010): Microtransactions are the biggest bunch of nonsense. I like paying one fee and not worrying about it – like my cellphone. The world’s biggest MMO isn’t item based, even though the black market item GDP is bigger than Russia … microtransactions make me want to die.”
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    The only thing we're missing now is registry lighting. :P ;)
  • Options
    fairbeard1fairbeard1 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Anyone know how long a change like this takes to make it to live servers?

Like maybe this Thursday? :)
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I certainly hope so, spending all my time on tribble atm till it goes live. Lol.
  • Options
    ssargonssargon Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    dalnar83 wrote: »
    Btw if you equip beam array front, the ventral point comes from the aft deflector. Kinda feels odd, one would expect it to come from the bottom of the saucer. I guess noone noticed it, because noone (except me) uses beam array on steamrunner ;)

I'm using a single beam array in my experimental build precisely because a BA in slot 4 has that hardpoint. Even better is that "fore BA slot 4 dorsal" is at a very central part of the forward saucer. [/BA symmetry analist]
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    ssargon wrote: »
    I'm using a single beam array in my experimental build precisely because a BA in slot 4 has that hardpoint. Even better is that "fore BA slot 4 dorsal" is at a very central part of the forward saucer. [/BA symmetry analist]

Thats great btw, i didnt know only one slot gives that. I just moved my array and its all fine :D