test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Some Can't Slot Bridge Officers as of 2/14/13 (RESOLVED 2/21!)

Comments

• Options
    thratch1thratch1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This happened to me.

I was able to equip one Boff to every station, just not the ones I wanted... the actual Boffs I needed to use just would not respond when I tried to equip them to a station.

So what I did was, in each station, find a Boff that I COULD equip there, and then it let me switch them out to the ones I wanted.

If that doesn't work, then I don't know what to tell you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lotar295lotar295 Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This happened recently to me after I did the KDF mission where you have to steal a runabout. From what I'm getting, in any episode mission where you have to switch ships, afterwards it won't allow you to equip or switch bridge officers. I fixed this by switching ships, but other than that, it is a bug. If you have another ship, switch to it and back and it should fix it.
  • Options
    wuustawuusta Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Thanks all
  • Options
    frontier2109frontier2109 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I had 3 of my 4 stations well manned with a spare science officer, i discharged her so i could accept another engineer, but when i did all the stations became empty and now it wont let me reassign stations, as above i am clicking on the name but nothing is happening, the only one i can assign to a station is the new guy i just bought, any suggestions?
  • Options
    rikwesselsrikwessels Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    as stated above:
    - go to shipyard
    - switch to shuttle ( don't have one ? buy it from requisitions ...it's not very expensive and can be bought with ec)
    - put any BOFF in the one station it has ( if there's already a BOFF in station ,make it another one )
    - exit Ship selection UI ( stop talking to dude )
    - enter ship selection UI ( start talking to dude )
    - switch back to main ship
    - populate stations of main ship

this is the only solution I know of that works 100% until a patch fixes it .
  • Options
    veethesecondveethesecond Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I had this problem when I got a new ship, and this is what worked for me: Go to Ensign Obin (or whoever is the equivalent for your race), and select your old ship. Now make sure that you un-assign your bridge officers in your old ship. Try to assign them and then un-assign them just to be sure. Then select your new ship. Problem solved.
  • Options
    guruvexguruvex Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    i found a work around for the issue. have a friend give you a bridge officer, put him in the station then put the one you want in that station, then send back the officer.
  • Options
    augvemberaugvember Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I have tried the above. I have none of my older ships to swap to, and no other ship as an alternative.

Only one of my BOFFs goes into a station. So I hope that this bug is fixed asap because I and probably others cannot play any missions without having the skills there to use in combat.
  • Options
    augvemberaugvember Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    What if you do not have any star ships to switch between? I got rid of the older ones that I stopped using as I levelled...

I have however tried to switch between the star ship and shuttle, but with the update they have made it less noticeable and it hasn't resolved the issue I have. Which is no Bridge officers assigned to stations...
  • Options
    sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    on KDF when went shipyard to grab 2 consoles 2 diffierent ocasions they weren't there
    had to reset everything twice after last patch
  • Options
    rustedfaithrustedfaith Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Getting the same issue myself, also unable to assign them in "the doomsday device" when in the Klingon ship. Also unable to add posts onto the forums as my account isn't old enough.... apparantly playing for two years isn't enough to warrant me being able to create posts -.-
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 924 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Getting the same issue myself, also unable to assign them in "the doomsday device" when in the Klingon ship. Also unable to add posts onto the forums as my account isn't old enough.... apparantly playing for two years isn't enough to warrant me being able to create posts -.-

When the forum change occurred some time ago, everyone started back from the beginning forumwise.

Also, AFAIK it's your PWE account age that is taken into account, meaning if you just now merged your accounts, it's as if your account just started with respect to the forums.

Aftermath of the anti-spam measures implemented across all PWE forums.

ROLL TIDE ROLL
  • Options
    voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Okay so anyone getting this glitch that doesn't have another ship to switch to I figure out the perfect work around for this and will list the steps below:

Step 1) Grab a cup off Coffee, Tea, or Soda

Step 2) Deactivate all IM programs

Step 3) Bust your TRIBBLE for 10 levels in whatever ship your using without boffs and BOOM new ship to switch with. LOL

Alright in all seriousness there really isn't much you can do if you don't have a ship to switch to. Luckily if you run Starbase 24, patrols and a mission here and there you can pretty much grind out 10 levels without too much hassle even without boffs. Remember changing your power levels can work the same as boff buffs just slower and not as much.

Switch to defense to regain shields faster, aux to repair faster.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    j2theroclicensedj2theroclicensed Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Works as advertised!
  • Options
    vyrebaelfyrevyrebaelfyre Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Just an update here, this is still an issue on the IKS Targ. I can't assign any BOffs to stations due to there not being any stations available, on the Targ or my main ship. It's not hugely gamebreaking, exiting to the Sector Map lets me reassign my main ship's BOffs, but I can't assign any to the Targ.
  • Options
    sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    on KDF toon can't asign science boff after 2 weeks patch
  • Options
    schime77schime77 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    does not work !
  • Options
    schime77schime77 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    does not work
  • Options
    mushariagainmushariagain Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm having a similar issue, I got a new ship and switched to it, now I can't assign any boffs, also, according to the UI, i'm using both my nw ship and my pold one at the same time. i tried switching ships and still no luck, the UI shows that I'm using the old ship and the other new ship. No matter what I do, I can't get the UI to accept that I'm not using the bird of prey any more, it seems convinced tha I'm using it at the same time as my cruiser. :(

Also I don't seem to be able to report a bug... That doesn't help... Been having that problem for ages.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm not THAT difficult to please, I just have a very low tolerance threshold for stupid BS! - George Carlin.
  • Options
    atlasceriseatlascerise Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I am unable to assign BOFFs to all my ship's stations now. I've tried to suggested "change ship" workaround but it does not work for me. I filed a ticket but it does not show up under "My Tickets" so I don't know if it went through or not.

I've been using the same ship for a while now and only experienced this issue after the removal of the Year 3 Celebration patch. Logging out and back in does not solve it, either.

Devs, please advise. Thank you.
  • Options
    sharyiasharyia Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Same Problem Here> Can"t Assign Any Boffs To My Ship. This Is Extremely Annoying.
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,653 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Try switching the chars you want to use through the Universal spot, before trying to put them in a non-universal. This helped with BOff seating earlier in the season, at least.
  • Options
    kevaldtkevaldt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Thought id take my Ambassador out for a spin, but cant slot any boffs, if i cant slot boffs that makes the game unplayable... might want to fix that quickly.

Filed a ticket, tried exiting game and re-logging with no change.

Zoning seems to somewhat fizx the issue, if you want to zone to activate each slot indivivually that is.

I zone, I can slot one more boff, zone again for another boff... too much work for changing ships.
    [SIGPIC]InGame - @Darth_Tauri[/SIGPIC]
    Joined - 9/2011
    "You Best Make Peace With Your Dear & Fluffy Lord" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • Options
    diesel2004diesel2004 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I bought the new Fleet Ambassador today and she is a beautiful vessel. My beef? None of the bridge officer slots work. You can't select any officers. You can hover over them, click them, but they won't actually select. So far i'm flying a ship with no Boff powers.
  • Options
    starlancedstarlanced Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I cannot assign my BO's to the stations on my Wells, something is borked here also!
  • Options
    livinrtblivinrtb Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    heard the same in opvp
  • Options
    starlancedstarlanced Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    3 of the slots are fine, but 2 other aren't. This has happened on tribble a lot but never transferred to Holodeck, guess this time it did. This is a MAJOR bug!
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited February 2013
    diesel2004 wrote: »
    I bought the new Fleet Ambassador today and she is a beautiful vessel. My beef? None of the bridge officer slots work. You can't select any officers. You can hover over them, click them, but they won't actually select. So far i'm flying a ship with no Boff powers.

Please try switching out of the ship, and then back to it, as well as moving to a new zone -- let me know if this solves the error so I can include it in the report I am passing along now.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
This discussion has been closed.