test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Some Can't Slot Bridge Officers as of 2/14/13 (RESOLVED 2/21!)

Comments

• Options
    venkulavenkula Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Same here, can't assign anyone anywhere.
  • Options
    lostindarknesslostindarkness Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This wont work for everyone but put them in your universal station one by one and that should fix it, I have no universal station so that wont work for me, Also note that ship changeing is also buged.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Ok another way i found which might not work for all go and change ships then change back and it will fix the bug not allowing you to change station officers, let me know it this helps and have fun
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    Also im a klingon not sure if any of the following above works for feds,but worth a try
  • Options
    kelmar238kelmar238 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=451171

switching ships fixed it for me. \o/
  • Options
    kelmar238kelmar238 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    This fixed it for me. Tyvm
  • Options
    yorethelyorethel Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Can't assign newly trained up Boffs into the stations, I've tried this on both ground and in space, tried reloading the game no effect. Submitted a ticket but i'm not holding my breath.

This is a major game breaking bug and it's not been addressed yet surely i'm not the only one whose submitted a bug report?
  • Options
    sniper1187sniper1187 Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    my two engineer stations are stuck, characters will NOT assign into the slots, I have tried 3-4 different times.
    "Nuke the entire site from orbit--it's the only way to be sure"
  • Options
    treffelltreffell Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    happened to me yesterday

go to a different zone
  • Options
    voicesdarkvoicesdark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    If switching zones doesn't work then go to the shipyard, switch ships and then switch back and try to assign them again. No promises, but that's been working for most people. Think it's something to do with this new active shuttle thing they've added. I've noticed several times now where I'll be using my ship but it'll register my shuttle name with npcs and stuff instead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    yorethelyorethel Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    cheers for the tip will give that a go :D

Update, I did that and it worked thankyou very much `Voicesdark' you saved me loads of hassle and delay grinding my rep badges
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 924 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I've noticed that it only affects your boffs that are on station at the moment the bug kicks in. Whenever you get a new boff, that boff isn't affected by the bug and can be placed.

Now that I think it over, when you're forced to switch ships for the purposes of a mission, the game hasn't caught up with the fact that you're back in your own ship. AFAIK you can't use boffs on a ship you're forced to fly in a mission, and when the mission completes, the code still has you in the mission ship. Changing ships seems to reset this "marker" (being that I can't think of a better term) and sets you to the correct ship, allowing you to assign your boffs freely.

Just my hypothesis based on the available data.

ROLL TIDE ROLL
  • Options
    typiclamurderertypiclamurderer Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Thanks, worked for me!
  • Options
    lyran2lyran2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Like the title says, my BOFFs aren't populating when selected for their BOFF stations. Specifically, of the four BOFF stations on my Starfleet Heavy Cruiser, my two Engineering BOFF stations populate like they should, but my Leiutenant Tactical and Leiutenant Science just won't populate, even when I assign the proper officer.

So far, I've only noticed this on my lvl 24 Starfleet Engineer. I haven't checked yet to see if this problem is isolated to this character or if it's affecting my other toon as well.

I submitted a ticket earlier today, but given that it's a saturday, I'm assuming that the earliest this will be resolved will be monday.

Still I'm just curious to know if anyone else is having a similar issue.
  • Options
    rikwesselsrikwessels Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    this is a season 7 bug . The way to fix it is to go to the shipyard ,switch ships and switch back again : select your shuttle for a sec ,populate it with the one BOFF it accepts and then switch back to your main ship ( unless shuttle is your main ship :) ) .You should now be able to populate stations .
  • Options
    rikwesselsrikwessels Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    The bug can also rear its ugly head without ever switching ships ( for a mission ) .The only 100% sure way to fix it is to go to shipyard ,switch ships for a sec and then switch back again ....
  • Options
    matthewh01matthewh01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I cannot assign any of my bridge officers to their stations after doing the klingon mission involing a runabout (can't remember the exact name)

I do not have another ship to change to, so am stuck without bridge officers until Cryptic fixes this.
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 924 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Had that happen to me too. Sucks to be without a ship to change to, though.

Only other way to get around that is to get new boffs. I had one boff candidate when it happened to me, so I put him on board, and was able to change him around normally.

ROLL TIDE ROLL
  • Options
    wmcarsonwmcarson Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I've had luck moving the specific bridge officer slot to 'none' then re-choosing a bridge officer.

So basically it will show you have a BOF assigned when you in fact dont, so manually change the pull down menu to 'none' then move it back to the old officer
    |William@wmcarson|Starfleet Reserve|www.StarfleetReserve.com
  • Options
    wmcarsonwmcarson Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I've found to that you can do the same thing as the 'blocking team invites' but...

manually select your bof slot to 'none' by using the pull down menu, then reselect the officer; it's worked for me at least
    |William@wmcarson|Starfleet Reserve|www.StarfleetReserve.com
  • Options
    lotar295lotar295 Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Had the same issue today myself, still unable to resolve it.

Bug Ticket ID:1,424,938

Cryptic, please fix this.
  • Options
    kalvorax#3775 kalvorax Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    its funny...even though i dont have my engineer doff sloted, when im trying to, I still have access to its abilities :)

just one more bug to add the the ever growing list that craptic wont fix...sorry cryptic but you are not doing anything good for this season with all the bugs that have been here since even beta...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
  • Options
    matthewh01matthewh01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Luckily, you get a tier 3 requestion when you start a klingon, so I used that to buy a raptor and fix the glitch
  • Options
    matchu2matchu2 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Swapping ships worked a charm! Many thanks for the question and the answer! Was soooo confused !
  • Options
    skochraneskochrane Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Swapping ships then back to your primary one worked for me!
    Member of the 2nd Fleet
    -Second to None-
  • Options
    hyper9brakerhyper9braker Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Well i have dont the switching ship things but i can never assign my tactical or engeriers so it not fixing it for me log in and out and no effect either
  • Options
    wilbor2wilbor2 Member Posts: 1,684 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    jbmaverick wrote: »
    Had the same thing happen to me. They seem to be tied together. My exact sequence of events:
    Purchased the Regent Assault Cruiser Retrofit
    Assigned Bridge Officers without a problem
    Traveled to another location to have a fleet member train some different skills on one of my officers.
    Removed the officer to be trained, stripped his equipment, traded him, received him back with his new abilities.
    Upon opening the screen to reslot him, all my officer slots were empty even though I'd only removed this particular one, and only the slot I'd emptied would respond to a new assignment (the officer I'd traded).
    Upon returning to space, I found that all the officers that were previously equipped were still equipped, despite the slots showing empty, and all of their abilities were available. The officer I traded for training seems to be working normally, only has his normal set of powers available.
    Edit: Game crashed when I attempted to return to it after typing this, upon reloading, the "empty" slots are still functioning as above. Workaround - swap the "empty" slot with an officer that was not originally in that slot, slots return to normal and can be reassigned.

Same sorter thing happened to me with the vesta how i fixed it was by assigning other boffs to tha stations then putting the ones i wonted in the slots. but ive extra boffs on my roster from the zen store. Stupid bugs
    gs9kwcxytstg.jpg
  • Options
    forumname43225forumname43225 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Yep, changing the ship and then changing it back helped with the issue.
  • Options
    lanthorpelanthorpe Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    I only found I could assign bridge officers when given a new ship or randomly when sto decides I can. But I've found if you buy a shuttle, 40.000 energy for a cheep one. Then assign each officer to that then to you bridge one by one. Seems to wake up the game lol.

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    wuustawuusta Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Whenever I go in the station's tab and try to assign a Bridge Officer to a station, it won't let me. When I click on a name, nothing happens. They positive thing about this is that I can use the first 3 abilities of ALL my Bridge Officers! My highest station for my ship is Lt. Cmd ( which is 3 abilities ), Lt., Ensign, Ensign are next. I activate the abilities from my Hot Bar, not my Bridge Officers skill bar. My Bridge Officer skill bar is grey, and has no avatar heads in it. Have this ever happened to you?
This discussion has been closed.