test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (February 14, 2013)

Comments

• messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Federation and Klingon Starbases: The Winter 2012 Base Ornament will now start off as hidden after it is unlocked.

That is really nice. But you know what would be extremly awesome? The same with Tribbles. I know, I know. Give a hand and they take the arm. But that would be one of the if not the best SB related change ever. Thanks.

edit:
    Not so nice about the fleet marks. How dare I enjoying some nice foundry missions and also support my fleet while doing so. Why do you so often jump to all or nothing extremes? :/
  • nierionnierion Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    You know it'd be nice to see more customisation over the interior of the starbase. Kind of like a sims'esq style. Not saying so we can put anything anywhere, but have choices of certain locations to place stuff or even different variants of the interior like with starships. The meeting room I think still feels too open. Could even add additional variants as Special Projects which I think would be worth the time and money (if you lower the costs, 100k would be better, still to much IMO as I feel special projects should use a very small amount of dilithium like 15-20k and alot of commodities).

Also use of the Holodeck would be cool. The bar or town from Voyager. There's a lot of potential for this game to feel more Trek, not that it doesn't now but there's still a few things that make it feel like a fast action paced space shooter which I personally think needs to be slowed down, and made to feel more expansive. Eve really knows how to do space, but I wouldn't want space combat that involved, not for Star Trek. Something closer to Bridge Commander or the Starfleet Command series.
    api.php?action=streamfile&path=%2F187011%2FFleet%20Files%2FMember%20Signatures%2FNierion.png&u=146876
  • mountbatten1mountbatten1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Well Said !!!
  • psychoplattpsychoplatt Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hurra, you killed the foundry. 3 more hours a day to Play other games. Thank you very much.
    nice u wasted so much time in your sig - i do not see it anyway :)
  • elnatorelnator Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I honestly never understood why the IOR's were changed from a daily to a repeatable in the first place. Not that I complained but it baffled me when they did it as part of S.7. I think removing the FM from it is a mistake. IOR should be left as is but be put back to a daily rather than repeatable.
    ---
    - Damn the torpedos! Full speed ahead!
  • benglowbenglow Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    elnator wrote: »
    I honestly never understood why the IOR's were changed from a daily to a repeatable in the first place. Not that I complained but it baffled me when they did it as part of S.7. I think removing the FM from it is a mistake. IOR should be left as is but be put back to a daily rather than repeatable.

I'm thinking the same.
    Ideal as a daily, horrible as a repeatable
  • wmarionpwmarionp Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    with these changes, what happens to smaller fleets?
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Overall, pretty impressed with the patch. Some tidy upgrades here and there - and a new outfit for the Steamrunner-class? So glad I just bought the Steam Starter Pack. Any chance that you could post an image of the new ship skin?

The removal of Fleet Marks from foundry missions, however, is less impressive. I get that you're always making sure that we can't ever get things too easily, but a total removal? That's just going to hurt the foundry just as much as it hurts regular players.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • psychoplattpsychoplatt Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    wmarionp wrote: »

They have to get more active members or die.
    nice u wasted so much time in your sig - i do not see it anyway :)
  • shifter777shifter777 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    benglow wrote: »
    I'm thinking the same.
    Ideal as a daily, horrible as a repeatable

It was awesome as a repeatable, for FM. Just cut the dill off of it and leave the FM, or up the FM in the STFs.
  • khhawkeskhhawkes Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Another nasty thought that wandered through my brain. Frankly I think they wish the small fleets to vanish and not be seen or have a star base higher then 3. But I can see why they might be doing this. This would give people in larger fleets a perhaps easier time in getting fleet credits. If people are unwilling to do the Fleet Actions then the new guys in the fleet might do them and get FC and be able to "rank" up and have access to the fleet shops. Just a thought and am just brainstorming here.

Then again seeing as I am in a small fleet. I do find this border line stupid and idiotic. But hey you know the saying "Embrace the suck"
  • darpinkdarpink Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    edited February 2013

I think it really hurts the smaller fleets and makes me happy that the fleet I am a member of is fairly large and has active players and contributors.

I fail to understand why some people have expressed that they feel the IOR is better as a daily rather than repeatable. As a repeatable, you earn fleet marks more quickly....and this is a bad thing? :confused:
  • mystwraithmystwraith Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013

with these changes small fleets are effectively rendered inert. It is now virtually impossible for a small fleet to compete. Impossible for them to meet the requirements needed to upgrade. So why bother even trying?

I belong to a small fleet with few active members. And the requirements are insane. And with these new changes, impossible. So what now? My fleet is essentially dead.
    edited February 2013
    i admit ive only tried to do a few STF's however the experiance so far has been horrible. 1-2 people go link dead as soon as the stf map loads, due to the craptastic map change so you loose connection bug. the rest of the stf was spent banging our heads against the walls untill players rage quit. the foundry mishes were an awesome way for me to actually get some kind of FM at all.
  • tomin8rtomin8r Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hello Captains! We will be extending maintenance today for another two hours.
  • khhawkeskhhawkes Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    tomin8r wrote: »

You are not funny.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Might as well go the whole hog.... :P
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Patch'd and ready!
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    in the mean time

here
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
    edited February 2013
    no, they will be extending the patch for 2 hours only for those who didnt lifetime sub.) for the rest of us, we can log in now if we buy 2 packs of keys.
  • fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited February 2013

and another 2 and another... :eek:
  • otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Now why did you have to say that?? Now you've jinxed it :P
  • muncheemunchee Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Well they either go back to a crawl while the large Fleets keep getting larger due to the Folks that are tired of the grind. So they Jump Ship and either Join a larger Fleet to get the upgraded Ships & Wepons. Then they either stay or they rejoin there old Fleet or another Fleet. Which is a bummer cuz there Dilth.,Fleetmarks,and whatever the price is to attain the items goes to there temp Fleet . and most of the time they stay with the larger Fleet So its a Win Win for the larger Fleets as the Smaller Fleets go the way of...
  • ukcaptain420ukcaptain420 Member Posts: 345 Arc User
    edited February 2013

Surely it should be
    Hello Captains! We will be extending maintenance today for only two hours.
    SCM - Infected(S) - DMG Out: 11,776,567 DPS: 114,224.70 (28.7% of Team) - Pinky@ukcaptain420
    I reserve the right to have a completely different standpoint depending on my mood.
  • captainhundleycaptainhundley Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    khhawkes wrote: »
    You are not funny.

Yeah, really. In those two hours, I could easily earn ten, maybe even twelve, Fleet Marks. This is gonna be totally rad.
  • leoll2leoll2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I'm back in the game!
    P2W means Play To Win

Archimede - Leader and Founder of "Raiders of Starfleet"
    ...and 21 other characters!
  • pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited February 2013
    Maintenance is complete :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
This discussion has been closed.