/speech
    "If you have never used Cello, I'm not interested in your browser opinion."
    edited February 2013
    Annual State of the Fleet Address:
    We're good.
    /speech

lol :D
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

• Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    We're good.

Well gentlecats, to reinforce what our Master said...

*goes on two hour political speech, paraphrasing it from a two word statement to a monstrous rant, in the most boring voice*

...in conclusion, the fleet is operating at acceptable efficiency and is not in any considerable crisis at this point in time.
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    *begins a slow applauding*
    voporak wrote: »
    Apparently there is a system that lets the next highest rank claim leadership if the head honcho has been inactive for 30 days. I've heard that a button or something appears on the roster.
    I was the highest rank, seeing as how I was the only Fleet Admiral who ever logged on. Plus #1 on the Leaderboard. And no such button ever showed up.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I just sold a person 3 Romulan boffs from Sarabi's fed fleet Embassy. He paid us 30m 0_o.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    lindaleff wrote: »
    *begins a slow applauding*

I was the highest rank, seeing as how I was the only Fleet Admiral who ever logged on. Plus #1 on the Leaderboard. And no such button ever showed up.

Well I don't know really, I've never seen a real situation where this occurs.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Now what has Tacofangs done.

One of us. One of us. Gooble Gobble, Gooble Gobble. We accept her, we accept her. One of us, One of us.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    That sound! V'ger is lurking in the shadows! :eek:
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
  • Options
    synthscanner#2101 synthscanner Member Posts: 470 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I was unaware until today that I had a band (two guys from Croatia) named after me. lol

Listen to this: "Alecto - Misty Mountains: An Unexpected (Metal) Cover"

Also, I've been wondering, how do you lot imagine the Ferasan race to act? What do you think their personalities would be like? What type of music do you think they would play and what type of songs would they sing?

I'm not sure how many of you have seen The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (2012) but I imagine that our Ferasan group when together would act in a rather similar way to those Dwarfs.

Proud, stubborn, glutouness, comedic, yet co-ordinated, respectful, honourable and sensible when required.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    After the invasion of Ferasa, most of the surviving Ferasans who were not pressed into slavery would be left nomadic.

As for their personalities and other physical traits, they would be fairly similar to Caitians. So:

http://www.freewebs.com/usspegasus/races/caitians.htm
  • Options
    captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I always imagined them as pirates, aggressive and feral.

a certain sense of honour and duty. loyalty is very important. disloyalty is repaid with death.

They would be cunning and cautious. I guess some kind of half way race between klingons and romulans in how they act.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I imagine their personalities would be just as diverse as Earth housecats. Some would be thoughtful, but others would be impulsive. They tend not to trust, but they will be loyal to those who have earned their trust.

As for career, that all depends on their current circumstances. If they have been abandoned, they may turn feral, and piracy would be their only means of survival. Those who have grouped together into tribes, or even formed villages somewhere, their careers would depend on their skills. They would require hunters/fishers, weavers, medics, carpenters, stonemasons, architects, traders, police, a defence force, diplomats, and everything else a successful village would need.

As for the nomadic spacefaring cats, they would require medics, shipwrights, and everything else a ship could ever possibly need.
  • Options
    loukocloukoc Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Revo, I have been meaning to ask you (but I forgot), how did you make that giant lantern in the last part of Future Shock?

Anyway, about the Ferasan personalities. I imagine them as a mix of Orions and Romulans, cunning, brave & fierce (when they have to) and analytical marauders.
  • Options
    sirepicalsirepical Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    My internet was knocked out for a couple of days, but I finally have it back.
    edited February 2013
    sirepical wrote: »
    My internet was knocked out for a couple of days, but I finally have it back.

*mexican wave*
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    loukoc wrote: »

*mexican wave*

*Ears perk up as he becomes interested*
    This is a strange new wave from a Ferasan...
    It must be Undine!!!
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
  • Options
    commadorebobcommadorebob Member Posts: 1,223 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    *Ears perk up as he becomes interested*
    This is a strange new wave from a Ferasan...
    It must be Undine!!!

Better kill him to be safe.
    edited February 2013
    Better kill him to be safe.

You have been wanting to kill me since I stepped paw on the forums! *uses the Bob part of Bob's sig and makes lightning from pawtips*

Also, Sarabi-san knows who the only *cough* loud *cough* Species 8472 is in the CatPhone!

(Poor syntax is poor)
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    You have been wanting to kill me since I stepped paw on the forums! *uses the Bob part of Bob's sig and makes lightning from pawtips*

Also, Sarabi-san knows who the only *cough* loud *cough* Species 8472 is in the CatPhone!

(Poor syntax is poor)

I knew there always something funny about that Caitian princess Katie..
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    You have been wanting to kill me since I stepped paw on the forums!

It's easier this way. The Ferasan Shadow Force is like the Salem Witch Trials. We shoot you and if you die we know you weren't Undine. :D
    edited February 2013
    lindaleff wrote: »

They don't mean your character rank, they mean your guild rank.

IE Guild Leader
    Next Rank
    Next Rank
    and so on
  • Options
    sirepicalsirepical Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    rosha wrote: »
    They don't mean your character rank, they mean your guild rank.

IE Guild Leader
    Next Rank
    Next Rank
    and so on

Fleet Admiral isn't a character rank, so I assume he knows that and Fleet Admiral is a renamed fleet rank.
    edited February 2013
    Indeed. Fleet Admiral means that you have full control over the fleet. It was the Feddy equivalent to our Shadowcat Masters.
  • Options
    rosharosha Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    As for the Ferasans?

There is plenty of things we can draw on.

Personally Rosha's been my cat for some time, eesh nearly 30years across many genres, across many systems, from comics and writing, to table top, to LARPs, to MMORPGs.

In STO I see him having escalated not from slave but someone who escaped the war with some wounds, recovered, returned to a shattered home-world in where we're now slaves, enlisted or nomads left to be wiped out. Not being stupid he sees strength in numbers, the better the gun you bring to a knife fight, the better you survive, and if you're out numbered, don't be afraid to use cannons and artillery, no one expects artillery in a knife fight.

I personally envision a lot of opportunity on how Ferasans could be played out.

We're distant cousins to the Caitian, that doesn't make us Caitian, if we were so peaceful and diplomatic we would have been crushed, not enlisted into the KDF. We were made stronger, faster, smarter, superior in every way, being mere Caitian was something to be surpassed (much like the Khan was to humans).

I envision the strong Ferasans having a pack/family type mentality, if you're blood you're blood - but special circumstances can allow non blood to be considered family, this is as close to blood as you can get without being born of it, but it's rare.

Like many other races I see friendship handled with honor, once earned it's rarely lost, those true friends you'd hide a body for, life long bonds, that sort of thing.

Mating, well there's a good romping mate, and then there's taking a mate - different things clearly, and taking a mate for a time is again equally different than taking a life-mate.

I don't see Ferasan afraid or ashamed of violence, it's a primal urge, even the Vulcans can succumb to it, why bury it, why hide it where it might erupt uncontrolled - use it, train it, hone it with expertise.

I see the majority very primal, but honorable as well, in that once they actually give their word, they'd have to be dead to not uphold it sort of thing. Now giving your 'word' is not like someone saying they'll get you up at 8am, then forget...it's giving your word.

I see each young going through a right of passage, awakening their self, their primal instincts and their spiritual self (as it were). Each is unique, there might be guidance, but really only those who've taken one can help those going through it, and even then it's likely suggestions as again each passage is unique. Until it's passed through, a youth doesn't get or have a name, you earn it through the passage, or deeds leading up to it.

I see the fall of their government caused by sloth and gluttony - forgotten traditional ways fell to progress, profit and station - this pride was used against us and left scattered bands to coordinate in the defense, and failing. Luckily the KDF at the realized a mirror-esque race like the others they've enlisted, and just like the rest a portion of the race better suited to slavery.

Somewhere in the ages I think it's only fair that along the line the females stood up, bloodied the nose of the males, much like in Klingon history, eventually earning honor and rank alongside their male counterparts. This steps us away from other cannon but follows a cliched path the other 'strong and proud' races made through.

I see the family units as having a patriarch or matriarch leader, or almost in a nomadic sense each ship has such, that represents the ship to a sector council and then those patriarch/matriarch represent at the racial leader type council.

Personally Rosha thinks the Ferengi in their scheming ways had a few lobes involved in the fall in the government. It's why he eats them almost on sight - sometimes you need to get stuff or information out of them, before you rip off their ears and gently lick the wounds to watch, feel and hear them scream.... Not like the perversion that is borg.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Twinkers doesn't talk about his past. So don't ask him.
    edited February 2013
    Twinkers doesn't talk about his past. So don't ask him.

I've noticed that before.
    edited February 2013
    Litterbox Bandit is a rather over-the-top pirate with a flair for the dramatic. Or so he likes to think. Usually he just comes off as silly (well as silly as somebody who's pointing a primed disruptor at you can anyway.)

Also I've started an album for keeping screenshots of amusing bugs I see in STO. http://imgur.com/a/Q6m66 currently there's only the one picture, but...well you'll see :)
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Zira's past involves one of the greatest betrayals in Caitian History. Only Voporak knows XD.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Considering the Ferasans don't have an official history, I don't want to write one for Twinkers. But you can bet it'll involve a big mistake.

By whom?

I cannot say.
    edited February 2013
    On the subject of personalities, Suroo's bio is here:
    http://www.stowiki.org/User:Lindale_FF
    canis36 wrote: »
    Also I've started an album for keeping screenshots of amusing bugs I see in STO. http://imgur.com/a/Q6m66 currently there's only the one picture, but...well you'll see :)
    A few hours ago, I saw one such bug in StarFleet Academy. I found myself watching someone who was nothing more than the floating head. I wonder if that is what happened to that bloke in your photo. The body is still in prison, but the head is free and strolling about the quadrant. :eek: