Install Arc

[Fleet] Ferasan Shadow Force

Comments

• ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Coming to a bookstore near you.
    "Twinker's Big Folly"
    XD.
    Also going on vacation tomorrow afternoon and returning Sunday. Have fun till next time I see you cats :).
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Have fun! :D

So, Twinkers's Big Folly? I would read that! :D
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • tazurensavulentazurensavulen Member Posts: 1,204 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    And I am getting too many Server Not Respondings. I would file a support ticket but can't due to the SNRs, and for the fact that that I PROBABLY would get a "Everything is working as intended" message.
    signature_for_kerbal_space_program_by_lord_inu_hanyou-dbhp8de.png
    [06/16 11:51] [Combat (Self)] Your Advanced Dual Heavy Radiant Antiproton Cannons - Hypercharge deals 237970 (113626) Antiproton Damage(Critical) to Tactical Cube.
    AHAHAHA! Eat it Borg!
    [09/15 11:01] [Combat (Self)] You lose 12187085 Cold Damage from Death.
    Death is OP, please nerf. I BLAME KURLAND FOR THIS!
  • sirepicalsirepical Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Was on the last wave of enemies on my last Foundry Era Foundry Mission, and was disconnected just before I killed the last one. Horrible timing.

Not at all looking forward to the new Foundry changes.
    Maybe the scaling EC will be decent. We'll see.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    edited February 2013
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Maybe the scaling EC will be decent. We'll see.

We certainly will.

Though, considering there's a DOff mission to turn in 1 contraband for 140 EC (I think it's 140, maybe 160), and the mission description says that someone is willing to pay "generously" for it, I'm not all that optimistic.

Everything that I've seen offering EC from any type of mission is low. Maybe they've figured that out, but I doubt it.
    Just did the KDF Foundry "BOff Grinder: Feds on Fire" to see what I'd get. 652 Dilithium Ore, no EC, 1,858 Expertise.

This is also my 300th post.
    sirepical wrote: »
    Just did the KDF Foundry "BOff Grinder: Feds on Fire" to see what I'd get. 652 Dilithium Ore, no EC, 1,858 Expertise.

This is also my 300th post.

Thing is: It's only the Spotlight mission that rewards it.
    [06/16 11:51] [Combat (Self)] Your Advanced Dual Heavy Radiant Antiproton Cannons - Hypercharge deals 237970 (113626) Antiproton Damage(Critical) to Tactical Cube.
    AHAHAHA! Eat it Borg!
  • voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    And I am getting too many Server Not Respondings. I would file a support ticket but can't due to the SNRs, and for the fact that that I PROBABLY would get a "Everything is working as intended" message.

Because of course the patch notes will say 'General server stability improvements' and who is Cryptic deny their own patch notes? :P
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • commadorebobcommadorebob Member Posts: 1,223 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Coming to a bookstore near you.
    "Twinker's Big Folly"
    XD.
    Also going on vacation tomorrow afternoon and returning Sunday. Have fun till next time I see you cats :).

Have fun. And, come on, I'd have a better title than that.
    "If you have never used Cello, I'm not interested in your browser opinion."
    Have fun. And, come on, I'd have a better title than that.

Twinker's Really Big Folly.
    edited February 2013
    And Tricos were nerfed to a greater extent. They now only do a quarter of their previous damage. And now, pretty much Quantum torps do more damage than a subspace weapon! Whiskey Tango.

[Do Note: this is upon reviewing Adv. Fleet Tricobalt torpedo launchers which now do about 5k kinetic damage as apposed to nearly 20k kinetic.]
    AHAHAHA! Eat it Borg!
    edited February 2013
    And Tricos were nerfed to a greater extent. They now only do a quarter of their previous damage. And now, pretty much Quantum torps do more damage than a subspace weapon! Whiskey Tango.

[Do Note: this is upon reviewing Adv. Fleet Tricobalt torpedo launchers which now do about 5k kinetic damage as apposed to nearly 20k kinetic.]

See Taz, this is how it goes at Cryptic...

Whine about it being useless, they buff it stupidly high.
    Whine again about it being too powerful, they nerf it to nothing.
    edited February 2013
    So, how the bloody hell am I supposed to get Fleet marks now? The fleet events are too minuscule in the rewards, and now Officer Reports no longer gives them! What is this? :mad:
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    edited February 2013
    lindaleff wrote: »
    So, how the bloody hell am I supposed to get Fleet marks now? The fleet events are too minuscule in the rewards, and now Officer Reports no longer gives them! What is this? :mad:

They did it so "More Fleet Marks would be gotten" just as they said when Dil was removed from STFs when S7 came out.

EDIT:
    voporak wrote: »
    See Taz, this is how it goes at Cryptic...

Whine about it being useless, they buff it stupidly high.
    Whine again about it being too powerful, they nerf it to nothing.

Tricos are meant to be stupidly powerful because they are a subspace weapon, and in Voy, one was used to 1-shot the Caretaker Array. Oh, and they never used another one because it was on cooldown.
    AHAHAHA! Eat it Borg!
    edited February 2013
    Janeway used two. Overkill :rolleyes:
    edited February 2013
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=8070831#post8070831

Very kind of him to post an explanation for that.

Now, let's hear about the Tricobalt nerf that went overboard.
    I see nothing wrong with what he posted. I would happen to agree that we are more starved for Dilithium than FMs. But we are already Tier IV, it's going to be hard to complete projects anyway.
    Scale FMs or increase marks to current events.
    edited February 2013
    I see nothing wrong with what he posted. I would happen to agree that we are more starved for Dilithium than FMs.
    Not at all. With the PvP assaults, and the occasional STF, Dilithium is very easy to get. using just the assaults alone, I can easily get the daily limit on all my characters. Simple as that.
    They did it so "More Fleet Marks would be gotten" just as they said when Dil was removed from STFs when S7 came out.
    Fleet Marks will now only come from Fleet events, which only award maybe 10-50 Marks per run, then have a cooldown before that can be run again.

With Officer Reports, do a mission, get 50 Marks, retake Officer Reports immediately after completion, and run the mission over and over again. In that same hour or so, you could easily get 100 Marks depending on the mission. That is many Marks per mission than the Fleet events ever gave us. Of course, with upgrading to Tier 4 and Tier 5, those Fleet Marks are very much needed, and now we have been deprived of that too. :mad:
    edited February 2013
    I see nothing wrong with what he posted.

I don't either.
    I would happen to agree that we are more starved for Dilithium than FMs. But we are already Tier IV, it's going to be hard to complete projects anyway.

Actually, for major projects, like upgrades, Dilithium almost always fills up before Fleet Marks in FSF.

For very small fleets, like the one I'm in on my Federation main (sig) which has less than 10 people logging in regularly, Fleet Marks fill up well before Dilithium, even by weeks. So he is right about Dilithium being slower for small fleets, though ours isn't the perfect example.
    lindaleff wrote: »
    Not at all. With the PvP assaults, and the occasional STF, Dilithium is very easy to get. Using just the assaults alone, I can easily get the daily limit on all my characters. Simple as that.

Not a ton of people know about that method, however. If we're using all of that Dilithium towards the fleet projects, we do clearly have a huge advantage in that area over most of the fleets in STO.
    For very small fleets, like the one I'm in on my Federation main (sig) which has less than 10 people logging in regularly, Fleet Marks fill up well before Dilithium, even by weeks. So he is right about Dilithium being slower for small fleets, though ours isn't the perfect example.

Hmm, that may have been where I saw the problem.

In any case, I have other things to worry about. I've suggested my solution, and that's all I can do.
    In my honest opinion, I personally think that the Trico nerf should never have come about. I mean, they are a stupidly powerful weapon for a reason, they are subspace weaponry. But then again there are those in various games that whine about somethings stupid high power, and that's why we can't have nice things.
    AHAHAHA! Eat it Borg!
    edited February 2013
    I was watching the OrganizedPVP channel after the patch and even they were upset about it.

PvPers upset, PvEers upset. That didn't go too well.
    I'm not really sure what to make of the Trico Torp nerf, but I've known the Trico Mine nerf was coming for months. And you know why? They were breaking ESTFs. Running with a full set of tac-buffs and debuffs a single tac-scort could use a Trico mine to blow up a transformer while ignoring the generators.
    edited February 2013
    canis36 wrote: »
    I'm not really sure what to make of the Trico Torp nerf, but I've known the Trico Mine nerf was coming for months. And you know why? They were breaking ESTFs. Running with a full set of tac-buffs and debuffs a single tac-scort could use a Trico mine to blow up a transformer while ignoring the generators.

Yeah, one guy said he nearly one-shotted Donatra with three 400K crits. Or 1.2 million damage in a few seconds.

What I said still stands though.

Clearly PvPers don't like things being nerfed because of PvE.
    Ugh... rebuilt my computer and I thought STO had patched last night. I had left on demand patching on. So the game crashed the moment I tried anything. 20% patched and counting... :mad:
    Ugh... rebuilt my computer and I thought STO had patched last night. I had left on demand patching on. So the game crashed the moment I tried anything. 20% patched and counting... :mad:

I was wondering why you left so suddenly.
    Yeah, one guy said he nearly one-shotted Donatra with three 400K crits. Or 1.2 million damage in a few seconds.

What I said still stands though.

Clearly PvPers don't like things being nerfed because of PvE.

And I care about PvPers finally getting a dose of their own medicine why exactly? Nearly 99% of all Nerf-bat related injuries in STO are caused by PvPers. It's nice to see them getting feeling it for once.

Though I do admit to totally not getting what you were saying at first. *feels kind of silly*