Install Arc
Options

3-Year Anniversary Event is Live!

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    rifter1969rifter1969 Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I got to play the mission over the weekend...

I must, nice job!

It took me a few seconds to realize that when my character entered the anomoly it distrubted the timeline. WOW! Way cool.

I loved that you included NPCs from around STO, that was interesting. I played this on my three main characters, and the first time I really took my time to explore and talk with everyone. Adding the character's main bridge officers was a nice touch that surprised me.

Denise Crosby's voice over was great!

I really liked the back story that each of NPCs brings to this mission.

The other 3rd year events were also nice, all in all a really nice job.
  • Options
    unionmasterunionmaster Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    agree to that
  • Options
    daximildaximil Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I just wanted to say that I've really enjoyed the "Temporal Ambassador" quest chain. I enjoyed the story, the character interaction, the fact that I was doing more than just shooting stuff, and the fact that almost any character to take part regardless of level.

It felt to me more like an actual episode of Star Trek, and I hope to see more content like this in the future.

Kudos for a job well done. :)
  • Options
    willdekaywilldekay Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Yesterday's Enterprise was one of me and my son's favorite episodes so "Temporal Ambassador" was a blast to do as well as a much desired ship to add to the canon collection. Just awesome work guys!!! The new party popper is a hoot. It cracks me up so many players think the balloons are causing lag, instead of the massive influx of returning players who obviously think the anniversary is well worth logging back on for. Can't wait to see what you guys come up for the 4th Anniversary! :)
  • Options
    trektakutrektaku Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I am deployed in Afghanistan right now and will not be able to play in the event this year (sadness) Is there still a way that I can get the Ambassador class and the Retrofit version. I have been waiting for this ship for 3 years, and of course my luck it is released when I am not home. If there is anything that can be done that would be awesome. Thanks for another great year of STO and looking forward to year 4.
  • Options
    cameltoe02cameltoe02 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    I gotta give props to the devs with this years event... the temporal ambassador mission was pretty nifty!! keep up the good work!
  • Options
    alexwtfftwalexwtfftw Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Argh, i dont know how to get this free ship thing, i go to the engineer Q says to go to for the ships (Earth spacedock, not Q'onos) and he just says one line that you cant reply to.
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited February 2013
    alexwtfftw wrote: »
    Argh, i dont know how to get this free ship thing, i go to the engineer Q says to go to for the ships (Earth spacedock, not Q'onos) and he just says one line that you cant reply to.

It's the engineer standing next to the water fountain, outside Quinn's office.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    b19821b19821 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Q is back to host our Anniversary Event and is giving away fun prizes to celebrate. We have also released a special Feature Episode that stars Denise Crosby as Lieutenant Tasha Yar from Star Trek: The Next Generation. Read more for full details.

Click here to read more.

EDIT: Also, let us know what you thought about "Temporal Ambassador" by posting below!

i thought the ambassador mission would be harder and what was with asking the tribble about the meening of life
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Wel,This is a bit dissapointing, i complete the mission and i go to unlock my ships and it ways i am not high enough level and i have to be rear admiral (30) while i am only Leiutenant (6)
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Wel,This is a bit dissapointing, i complete the mission and i go to unlock my ships and it ways i am not high enough level and i have to be rear admiral (30) while i am only Leiutenant (6)

That was mentioned several times in the mission info they posted. It's a Commander and a Rear Admiral vessel you get, of course you can't use it at Lieutenant rank. :P
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    That was mentioned several times in the mission info they posted. It's a Commander and a Rear Admiral vessel you get, of course you can't use it at Lieutenant rank. :P

Right, Anyone want a free ship?:rolleyes:
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited February 2013
    Q is heading back to the Continuum in less than one week's time! Make sure you jump in-game to participate in our Anniversary Event before he leaves. More information can be found here: http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=815671

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    naharikajalnaharikajal Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Hello captains,

maybe someone can answer my question.

As I am only used to the german dubbed episodes of ST TNG I really wonder if Castillo is voiced by the same actor (Christopher McDonald) like in the episode.

I tried to figure it out myself by watching the episode in english but I still don't have any clue ^^

But if I have to guess I would say the answer is: no.

Greetings
    Nahari
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Right, Anyone want a free ship?:rolleyes:

You could always hold onto them until you reach the appropriate ranks. ;)
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Q is heading back to the Continuum in less than one week's time! Make sure you jump in-game to participate in our Anniversary Event before he leaves. More information can be found here: http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=815671

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I know that the "Temporal Ambassador" Mission will still be around after the event is over, but I have a question. Will the Enterprise-C still be equiped with an "I win" button after the event?

I noticed after running the mission on my third or fourth alt, that it is impossible to get destroyed in the C, no matter how bad you play. Would be awesome if this stayed true for the episode forever.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    You could always hold onto them until you reach the appropriate ranks. ;)

so even after the event i keep the ambassador class ship?
  • Options
    danielpenfolddanielpenfold Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Has it been 3 years now?
    I'm so happy :D
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    so even after the event i keep the ambassador class ship?

Yes... So long as you've run the mission and have the reward pack (the ships in boxes) in your bank or inventory etc, they are yours. Once you reach the associated rank, you can open them and use the ship.
  • Options
    blairmarshallblairmarshall Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Great Anniversary! Had so much fun with the Mission STO had. It was nice to have chance to do it as a Starfleet officer then log in as a Klingon to get the Klingon ships. Hope everyone had as much fun as i did. Happy Anniversary!!!!!!!!!::)
  • Options
    grizzlyukgrizzlyuk Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    Quick question regarding the Temporal Ambassador mission: If I receive the mission before the end of the event, must I also complete the mission before the event ends?

I've had some technical issues which prevented me playing, finally got them resolved and I've got the mission completed on 6 of my 7 characters. Unfortunately that 7th character isn't quite at the level to receive the mission (lvl 4, a little over half way to lvl 5) and I would have had time to hit lvl 6 and complete the mission, but with the servers going down for 2 hours that may cause me some time problems.
    Playing STO since August 2010
    Playing Neverwinter since July 2014
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    grizzlyuk wrote: »
    Quick question regarding the Temporal Ambassador mission: If I receive the mission before the end of the event, must I also complete the mission before the event ends?

I've had some technical issues which prevented me playing, finally got them resolved and I've got the mission completed on 6 of my 7 characters. Unfortunately that 7th character isn't quite at the level to receive the mission (lvl 4, a little over half way to lvl 5) and I would have had time to hit lvl 6 and complete the mission, but with the servers going down for 2 hours that may cause me some time problems.

From what I can tell, the mission is remaining, but since today's patch it will require you to be level 25 and will no longer reward the tier 5 ship. From the sounds of it, that means it will still reward a Tier 3 ship.

In short, your last character will not get the tier 5 ship.
  • Options
    idronaidrona Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2013
    12 hours and 20 minutes left now if I'm correct. Perhaps I get to do Present Patrol one more last time. :)

EDIT: Had 13 hours cooldown left. lol Oh well, was fun while it lasted.
    signwidrona.png
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited February 2013
    We are extending the Anniversary event! :) New forum thread incoming.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
This discussion has been closed.